Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who do we need to move on then? 08:45 - Jul 26 with 1560 viewsDubtractor

The squad now looks very strong, especially if we're still looking for attacking options, but it also looks very large. The same day games last week, plus the bonus friendly tonight, are clear signs of that.

So who needs to move on, either loan or permanent?

Penney is the obvious one.
One of either Harper or El Mizouni
Simpson obviously is done here
Hladky is an expensive sub, but we'd need to replace him
I assume a number of younger players to go on loan too?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 1424 viewsHobokenBlue

I was thinking this too....

I agree with those you have mentioned.

Furthermore, all be it a fair bit more unlikely, was thinking is it feasible that we sell/loan some more surprising names like KVY, Burgess, Edwards or Nbada?

Probably not with KM's desire for squad depth and healthy competition but ultimately we are in League 1 and perhaps need to balance the books (incl wages) and KVY, Edwards and Burgess (if price is right) in particular, aren't guys that KM bought in and might get restless if action is limited for them....

Unlikely and personally unwanted but just a thought in terms of getting the squad down to the 'right' size and for recouping some of the spend on Davis and Harness (and possible Hurst/other striker).
Who do we need to move on then? on 09:29 - Jul 26 with 1414 viewschicoazul

JINX

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:34 - Jul 26 with 1384 viewschicoazul

We could probably do with lightening the squad a bit now.
I expect we’ll see 1P Burgess and El Miz go fairly soon with Ball and Davis coming in. Sadly I also think Harper will leave. Simpson seems done.
Who else? Can Ndaba hold a place down with his versatility? Will Humph go out on loan?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:40 - Jul 26 with 1345 viewschicoazul

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:29 - Jul 26 by HobokenBlue

I was thinking this too....

I agree with those you have mentioned.

Furthermore, all be it a fair bit more unlikely, was thinking is it feasible that we sell/loan some more surprising names like KVY, Burgess, Edwards or Nbada?

Probably not with KM's desire for squad depth and healthy competition but ultimately we are in League 1 and perhaps need to balance the books (incl wages) and KVY, Edwards and Burgess (if price is right) in particular, aren't guys that KM bought in and might get restless if action is limited for them....

Unlikely and personally unwanted but just a thought in terms of getting the squad down to the 'right' size and for recouping some of the spend on Davis and Harness (and possible Hurst/other striker).

Be very surprised if we let KVY go. I don’t rate him and he’s not the player he was but we don’t have any other cover for Burns, and as Joe rightly said recently last season taught us the value of having squad players like him and Jackson around who have been here a while.

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:42 - Jul 26 with 1297 viewsjayessess

Penney, for sure (if we can).
Interest in Hladky seems to have died down for now, so imagine he might remain.
Only one of Harper or El Mizouni can go really, otherwise we're light in centre midfield. Seems Harper has nudged ahead of El Mizouni in the centre midfield pecking order, so he'll probably be the one to stay.

If we do add Celina and Hirst (or equivalent), we're probably still one or two heavy on outfield players. Maybe Burgess, KVY or Edwards would be available for the right price?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:48 - Jul 26 with 1247 viewsSomethingBlue

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:42 - Jul 26 by jayessess

Only one of Harper or El Mizouni can go really, otherwise we're light in centre midfield. Seems Harper has nudged ahead of El Mizouni in the centre midfield pecking order, so he'll probably be the one to stay.

If we do add Celina and Hirst (or equivalent), we're probably still one or two heavy on outfield players. Maybe Burgess, KVY or Edwards would be available for the right price?

I think we'd be daft to lose an option like Edwards, certainly between now and January. Massive talent if we get him going and, even if KMc wants to start with a system that doesn't suit him, gives us an alternative that we don't really have otherwise. Think it's one all parties should reassess in a few months.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:51 - Jul 26 with 1222 viewsNthQldITFC

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:42 - Jul 26 by jayessess

How has Harper done pre-season? I'm still hopeful of him turning out to be a very good player - has he done enough to claw some ground back?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:54 - Jul 26 with 1196 viewspointofblue

Our 23 man squad is probably looking like this at the moment:

Hayes, Hladky, Walton - Burgess, Donacien, Edmundson, Woolfenden - Burns, Davis, Edwards, Leigh, Vincent-Young - Ball, El Mizouni, Evans, Harper, Morsy - Aluko, Chaplin, Harness - Jackson, John-Jules, Ladapo

So those left out of that will probably be sold or set out on loan, the likes of Humphreys, Ndaba, Penney and Simpson.
There may be those who are concerned about not getting many minutes who may look to leave - Burgess, Hladky and Vincent-Young as early examples.
If we bring Celina, or another number ten in, then we’ll probably have to move someone else on. El Mizouni looks the obvious player but would that leave us light in midfield?
Again, we’ll probably be looking to loan or transfer someone out from the 23 if we get another striker in too. Could be Edwards?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:57 - Jul 26 with 1149 viewsjayessess

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:51 - Jul 26 by NthQldITFC

How has Harper done pre-season? I'm still hopeful of him turning out to be a very good player - has he done enough to claw some ground back?

Only really saw his brief sub appearance at Millwall. He's a hard one to judge because what he does when he's on the ball isn't the problem, it's his inability to get involved. Makes the eye test difficult and even harder in unevenly paced friendlies.

That most of his preseason has been at CM (El Miz has played all over) feels to me like he's lined up for that 4th CM pick spot, but just a hunch.

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:07 - Jul 26 with 1092 viewsMookamoo

Hladky has to move on now. Expensive way to fill a squad space. If we can't sell him I would imagine he'll get loaned out and we'll bring in a fresh faced Man Utd u23 keeper on loan as cover.

One of Harper, El Miz and Humpreys will be loaned out by Sept 1st

Either Burgess will get sold or Nbada will get another loan. I suspect Nbada will stay and we'll move Burgess on.

I hope Armin gets a loan. It will leave the u23s light at the back with Baggott gone, but those 2 are good prospects if allowed to develop.
Who do we need to move on then? on 10:15 - Jul 26 with 1066 viewsjayessess

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:48 - Jul 26 by SomethingBlue

I think we'd be daft to lose an option like Edwards, certainly between now and January. Massive talent if we get him going and, even if KMc wants to start with a system that doesn't suit him, gives us an alternative that we don't really have otherwise. Think it's one all parties should reassess in a few months.

I agree, I'd love to see more of Edwards and his sub appearance at Millwall was very promising.

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:23 - Jul 26 with 981 viewsBLUEBEAT

Is the plan to play high intensity attacking football throughout the full 90 mins?

If it is, KM will be taking full use of the 5 sub ruling every game, so maybe there is a need retain a large squad.

Poll: W or W

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:26 - Jul 26 with 965 viewsiamipswich

I REALLY want Edwards to be a success here. He's clearly so naturally talented and unlike anything else in the squad. The formation doesn't fit him particularly well though but still think there's a role for him.

And his smile brightens up my day.

Poll: Who will return first?

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:30 - Jul 26 with 938 viewsjayessess

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:07 - Jul 26 by Mookamoo

Hladky has to move on now. Expensive way to fill a squad space. If we can't sell him I would imagine he'll get loaned out and we'll bring in a fresh faced Man Utd u23 keeper on loan as cover.

One of Harper, El Miz and Humpreys will be loaned out by Sept 1st

Either Burgess will get sold or Nbada will get another loan. I suspect Nbada will stay and we'll move Burgess on.

I hope Armin gets a loan. It will leave the u23s light at the back with Baggott gone, but those 2 are good prospects if allowed to develop.

It probably isn't realistic to imagine that we can find EFL loans for Armin and Humphreys. Very few loanees in their age group get regular football in League 2 and those that do generally come from Category 1 academies.

They're young, they can stand another year of Pizza Cup/Training with the first team/playing for the U23s. There's no rush to get 40-game seasons in young legs.

Ndaba's had enough loan spells for me. He's 22, Davis is the same age, Woolfenden had 70 appearances for our first team at his age. At this point we have to decide whether we want him integrated into the first team or not.

Manchester United would presumably rather have a good young goalkeeper start for a League 2 club than warm our bench. If Hladky goes we'll probably bring in someone much older.

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:35 - Jul 26 with 900 viewsclive_baker

Yeah agree with that.

Penney for sure, he's now (presumably) behind David and Leigh, there's no need for him to hang around for the final year of his contract. Get him out on loan with someone picking up his salary, or perm on a free.

El Miz full season loan would be ideal, so we can take a look and make a call next year.
Simpson sell to the highest bidder.
Edwards, sadly, is probably surplus in this system. I would look to move him on.
Harper probably hangs around until Jan, but make a call then.
Hladky might as well stay put unless we get a nice offer.

So 4 out, Celina and Hirst in. Sorted :)

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:54 - Jul 26 with 818 viewsDubtractor

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:48 - Jul 26 by SomethingBlue

I'd keep Edwards too.

I know he flattered to deceive last season, but I'd like to see what KM can get from him.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:55 - Jul 26 with 810 viewsMookamoo

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:30 - Jul 26 by jayessess

It probably isn't realistic to imagine that we can find EFL loans for Armin and Humphreys. Very few loanees in their age group get regular football in League 2 and those that do generally come from Category 1 academies.

They're young, they can stand another year of Pizza Cup/Training with the first team/playing for the U23s. There's no rush to get 40-game seasons in young legs.

Ndaba's had enough loan spells for me. He's 22, Davis is the same age, Woolfenden had 70 appearances for our first team at his age. At this point we have to decide whether we want him integrated into the first team or not.

Manchester United would presumably rather have a good young goalkeeper start for a League 2 club than warm our bench. If Hladky goes we'll probably bring in someone much older.

It looks like Humpreys will stay. With the new subs rule he should get some real game time. I would like to see Nbada stay - he looks like a good lad. He seems only likely to play if he usurps Burgess as the main back up. Might be controversial, but I would be tempted to keep Penney (or use Edwards/Humpreys as cover for Leigh) at LWB knowing Davis could cover the back 3 if needed and shift Burgess.

We might as well keep Hladky if they can't free up a squad spot. From the little I've seen of our u23 keepers, none of them are good enough.
Who do we need to move on then? on 10:59 - Jul 26 with 799 viewsjayessess

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:55 - Jul 26 by Mookamoo

It looks like Humpreys will stay. With the new subs rule he should get some real game time. I would like to see Nbada stay - he looks like a good lad. He seems only likely to play if he usurps Burgess as the main back up. Might be controversial, but I would be tempted to keep Penney (or use Edwards/Humpreys as cover for Leigh) at LWB knowing Davis could cover the back 3 if needed and shift Burgess.

We might as well keep Hladky if they can't free up a squad spot. From the little I've seen of our u23 keepers, none of them are good enough.

Keepers don't count for squad registration, we can have 10 if we want!

Who do we need to move on then? on 11:38 - Jul 26 with 712 viewsWakh

Who do we need to move on then? on 09:54 - Jul 26 by pointofblue

Our 23 man squad is probably looking like this at the moment:

Hayes, Hladky, Walton - Burgess, Donacien, Edmundson, Woolfenden - Burns, Davis, Edwards, Leigh, Vincent-Young - Ball, El Mizouni, Evans, Harper, Morsy - Aluko, Chaplin, Harness - Jackson, John-Jules, Ladapo

So those left out of that will probably be sold or set out on loan, the likes of Humphreys, Ndaba, Penney and Simpson.
There may be those who are concerned about not getting many minutes who may look to leave - Burgess, Hladky and Vincent-Young as early examples.
If we bring Celina, or another number ten in, then we’ll probably have to move someone else on. El Mizouni looks the obvious player but would that leave us light in midfield?
Again, we’ll probably be looking to loan or transfer someone out from the 23 if we get another striker in too. Could be Edwards?

Havnt you only got a 19/20 man squad there?
[Post edited 26 Jul 2022 11:40]
Who do we need to move on then? on 11:57 - Jul 26 with 652 viewsNthQldITFC

Who do we need to move on then? on 10:30 - Jul 26 by jayessess

I agree with that, and I also suspect that there's a lot more value in the training and player development at ITFC these days, so it's perhaps not quite so important for young players to go out on loan as it might have been in the past. Still useful, but I bet they're learning a lot and being involved well here, even if they're not getting much match time.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024