Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luke Chambers all time appearances 08:26 - Aug 3 with 1883 viewsBLUEGOLD

I was reading an article about Dean Lewington & the number of appearances that he has made.

He is 2 away from the all time top 10 list & I had a look and saw that Luke Chambers is only 24 appearances behind him in 23rd position on the all time list. He has made 747 to date.

He played 44 games last season and if he does the same this one, he will be in the all time top ten.

Hats off to him, he was a really good player in a poor period for our club.

It’s a testament to his fitness & durability.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_footballers_in_England_by_number_of_leag
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 8:30]
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 08:43 - Aug 3 with 1732 viewsSteve_M

I hadn't realised that, impressive longevity. Although I fear you may have triggered a poster or two by mentioning LC on here.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 08:55 - Aug 3 with 1670 viewschicoazul

What a great achievement.
Hopefully our future manager!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 08:57 - Aug 3 with 1680 viewsitfcjoe

Superb record really to still churn out 40 games a season and as you say real testament to fitness, durability, and willingness to play when he probably shouldn't at times and others wouldn't.

Dean Lewington's record is mad as well, all at (sort of) one club, and just wonder how long he goes on for

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:00 - Aug 3 with 1650 viewsMullet

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 08:43 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

I hadn't realised that, impressive longevity. Although I fear you may have triggered a poster or two by mentioning LC on here.

Well you know what some people can do Steve.

It's scandalous how some treated Chambers.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:18 - Aug 3 with 1560 viewsParsley

Overtook Mick Mills last season by the looks of it. Impressive record
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:54 - Aug 3 with 1459 viewsdavblue

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:00 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Well you know what some people can do Steve.

It's scandalous how some treated Chambers.

yeah it's very weird. A bloke who pretty much gave everything for the club, maybe not the most talented player ever but he was a good player at the Championship level.

I appreciate he's been associated with failure but that's not Chambers fault, that's on Evans.
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:56 - Aug 3 with 1431 viewsMullet

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:54 - Aug 3 by davblue

yeah it's very weird. A bloke who pretty much gave everything for the club, maybe not the most talented player ever but he was a good player at the Championship level.

I appreciate he's been associated with failure but that's not Chambers fault, that's on Evans.

Ironically it seems to be the micropenis types who are au fait with failure doesn't it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:02 - Aug 3 with 1375 viewsmonty_radio

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:18 - Aug 3 by Parsley

Overtook Mick Mills last season by the looks of it. Impressive record

I was just having a look at Mick Mills apps to see how it's done - 17 seasons in a row when he never made fewer than 33 appearances.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 13:40]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Login to get fewer ads

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:31 - Aug 3 with 1242 viewsSteve_M

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:02 - Aug 3 by monty_radio

I was just having a look at Mick Mills apps to see how it's done - 17 seasons in a row when he never made fewer than 33 appearances.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2022 13:40]

Yes, Mills was the second name I looked for on that list.

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:49 - Aug 3 with 1162 viewsgordon

Did his best for the club during a really difficult period, very good player in his prime as well. Decision to move him on more to do with the fragile ego of the manager rather than a footballing decision.
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:51 - Aug 3 with 1154 viewsdavblue

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 09:56 - Aug 3 by Mullet

Ironically it seems to be the micropenis types who are au fait with failure doesn't it?

Haha, yes!
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:58 - Aug 3 with 1117 viewsBlueBadger

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:49 - Aug 3 by gordon

Did his best for the club during a really difficult period, very good player in his prime as well. Decision to move him on more to do with the fragile ego of the manager rather than a footballing decision.

In all fairness, he WAS 35. But it was shameful how it was handled.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:02 - Aug 3 with 1109 viewsJ2BLUE

That is incredible. What a career that is.

I know it's slightly different but I wonder what back up goalkeepers think of this sort of stat when some of them have placed less than 100 games in their whole career.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:08 - Aug 3 with 1080 viewschicoazul

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 10:31 - Aug 3 by Steve_M

Yes, Mills was the second name I looked for on that list.

Geraint Williams!

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:11 - Aug 3 with 1069 viewsDMDC

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 08:55 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

What a great achievement.
Hopefully our future manager!

He played in some awful teams. Did an ok job, wont be in anyones memory in years to come.............My god l hope he never becomes manager here, too soft.
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:41 - Aug 3 with 994 viewsSteve_M

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:08 - Aug 3 by chicoazul

Geraint Williams!

Actually Phil Parkes is on there too. Not that many of his matches were for us.

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:43 - Aug 3 with 985 viewschicoazul

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:02 - Aug 3 by J2BLUE

That is incredible. What a career that is.

I know it's slightly different but I wonder what back up goalkeepers think of this sort of stat when some of them have placed less than 100 games in their whole career.

Check out Peggy Arpexhad’s appearances and honours.

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:45 - Aug 3 with 976 viewsdirtyboy

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:11 - Aug 3 by DMDC

He played in some awful teams. Did an ok job, wont be in anyones memory in years to come.............My god l hope he never becomes manager here, too soft.

I think you're underestimating the impact he'll have had on a younger generation who didn't experience any premier years.

Chambers absolutely was a small beacon of light and hope and trust in what were season upon season full of abject mediocrity and eventually...worse.

He was definitely one of the good things in the club throughout it all and that shouldn't be forgotten.
Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:49 - Aug 3 with 950 viewsSE1blue

Surprised not to see Mark Noble not higher up that list as he seems to have been around forever. But injuries have played a big part in that and he’s just shy of 500 appearances.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 12:01 - Aug 3 with 905 viewsSE1blue

Luke Chambers all time appearances on 11:45 - Aug 3 by dirtyboy

I think you're underestimating the impact he'll have had on a younger generation who didn't experience any premier years.

Chambers absolutely was a small beacon of light and hope and trust in what were season upon season full of abject mediocrity and eventually...worse.

He was definitely one of the good things in the club throughout it all and that shouldn't be forgotten.

Agree with this. Think the decline in moral would’ve been much faster without him, as the managers we had were barely making an effort on that front.

I always think of Luke Chambers as being like the Shrek ride at Universal Studios. A nostalgic reminder of some good times and very popular in his day, but the crowd was ready for something a bit more modern and exciting, so a change was needed.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024