Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid 5 days later. 08:29 - Aug 12 with 2436 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Saturday will be 5 days since testing positive so according to the government advice I should be good to go. Perhaps I won't take that second test then....everybody OK with that?
Alternatively I could buy one of the Tesco's tests which fail to absorb the sample and you get no lines at all.....at least I will have tried!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Covid 5 days later. on 08:30 - Aug 12 with 2149 viewsEly_Blue

Very irresponsible in my opinion

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Covid 5 days later. on 08:43 - Aug 12 with 2086 viewsgeg1992

Probably loads of people go without even realising they have it. I've still yet to test positive! However, trying to avoid it as got to have a PCR before flying in a few weeks.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Covid 5 days later. on 08:45 - Aug 12 with 2072 viewsEly_Blue

Covid 5 days later. on 08:43 - Aug 12 by geg1992

Probably loads of people go without even realising they have it. I've still yet to test positive! However, trying to avoid it as got to have a PCR before flying in a few weeks.

That makes it even more irresponsible to go knowing you do have it though surely?

Covid 5 days later. on 08:47 - Aug 12 with 2059 viewsgeg1992

Covid 5 days later. on 08:45 - Aug 12 by Ely_Blue

That makes it even more irresponsible to go knowing you do have it though surely?

I certainly wouldn't go if I knew I had it, as I would be too paranoid about infecting others who may be vulnerable. However, most vulnerable have had 4 jabs now and it's not going away any time soon, so I can almost understand other people's approach of following Government advice.

Poll: Who would you play in place of Burns on Sunday?

Covid 5 days later. on 08:54 - Aug 12 with 2012 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid 5 days later. on 08:30 - Aug 12 by Ely_Blue

Very irresponsible in my opinion

Well yes it would be, wouldn't it!

Covid 5 days later. on 09:01 - Aug 12 with 1982 viewstextbackup

Fck me, people are being told to go to work if they have covid and feeling ok… so absolutely you should be ok to go out to something you love.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Covid 5 days later. on 09:02 - Aug 12 with 1966 viewsnodge_blue

I think thats reasonable. Govt advice is still based on scientific advice as far as Im aware.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Covid 5 days later. on 09:13 - Aug 12 with 1901 viewsdickie

Kids can return to school after 3 days, I think the guidance is really confusing and unhelpful. I think by and large if you have no symptoms by day 5 most people would say that you're fine to proceed as normal however I'd be tempted to don a mask (might create some comical tan lines in this weather we're experiencing!)
Login to get fewer ads

Covid 5 days later. on 09:22 - Aug 12 with 1840 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid 5 days later. on 09:02 - Aug 12 by nodge_blue

I think thats reasonable. Govt advice is still based on scientific advice as far as Im aware.

Current governmentadvice is....

"If you have COVID-19, you can pass on the virus to other people for up to 10 days from when your infection starts. Many people will no longer be infectious to others after 5 days.

You should:

try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days avoiding meeting people at higher risk from COVID-19 for 10 days, especially if their immune system means they’re at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19, even if they’ve had a COVID-19 vaccine"

....so pretty wishy-washy !! "Try." Also the 10 day part likely applies in a football crowd.

Covid 5 days later. on 09:47 - Aug 12 with 1724 viewsMookamoo

Covid 5 days later. on 09:22 - Aug 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

"If you have COVID-19, you can pass on the virus to other people for up to 10 days from when your infection starts. Many people will no longer be infectious to others after 5 days.

You should:

try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days avoiding meeting people at higher risk from COVID-19 for 10 days, especially if their immune system means they’re at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19, even if they’ve had a COVID-19 vaccine"

....so pretty wishy-washy !! "Try." Also the 10 day part likely applies in a football crowd.

If you've done the first bit and tried to avoid people for the first 5 days it is quite clear you are able to go - its up to you. Maybe if you still have an active cough then don't.

I'm all for protecting people where possible, but I would suggest anyone at a higher risk and have immune issues shouldn't be at the football.
Covid 5 days later. on 09:50 - Aug 12 with 1692 viewsMetal_Hacker

Covid 5 days later. on 09:47 - Aug 12 by Mookamoo

If you've done the first bit and tried to avoid people for the first 5 days it is quite clear you are able to go - its up to you. Maybe if you still have an active cough then don't.

I'm all for protecting people where possible, but I would suggest anyone at a higher risk and have immune issues shouldn't be at the football.

Here lies for me the most sensible reply

Poll: If it were one or the other

Covid 5 days later. on 09:53 - Aug 12 with 1690 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Covid 5 days later. on 09:01 - Aug 12 by textbackup

Fck me, people are being told to go to work if they have covid and feeling ok… so absolutely you should be ok to go out to something you love.

And to add, a massive % of people are no longer testing so presumably loads of people will be walking around with it. Anybody who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated. Life goes on and ask any sensible vulnerable person who is at the game on Saturday, and they must know that they're taking a very small risk (as we all are) that they'll catch it.

Presumably anybody who disagrees with that is testing multiple times each day.
Covid 5 days later. on 09:59 - Aug 12 with 1651 viewsPioneerBlue

Follow government advice.

This can’t be a topic for this message board!

I don’t believe tests are required unless you are in certain industry sectors. Second tests are certainly not required for the regular layperson.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 10:16]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Covid 5 days later. on 09:59 - Aug 12 with 1648 viewspointofblue

Pretty sure I got Covid at the Bolton match. Tested negative for the first time this morning; will see how I feel tomorrow before deciding whether to go, and might do another test before, just to make sure.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Covid 5 days later. on 10:04 - Aug 12 with 1616 viewsVaughan8

Its a strange one really isn't it.

I would think a lot of people aren't even testing so could have it without knowing.

However, you have tested and it's positive so really I think you should test again and see. However, the guidance is not very good anymore and a bit wishy washy so who are we to tell you what to do.
Covid 5 days later. on 10:04 - Aug 12 with 1621 viewsblueasfook

I was testing positive for about 8 days after I first tested positive and was ill for the first 5 of those days. Govt advice is nonsense. My advice would be dont go out until you're no longer positive, regardless of what the "advice" is.

TWTD Veteran
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Covid 5 days later. on 10:12 - Aug 12 with 1547 viewsbournemouthblue

Covid 5 days later. on 09:01 - Aug 12 by textbackup

They are even though you can be infectious for 5 - 10 days, pretty sure my mum caught it from her work from someone following the same advice

I appreciate Omicron my be less severe than earlier incumbents and as you say, the majority of people are triple or even quadruple jabbed

I do have the slightly odd scenario where I can play Cricket on Saturday, not that I want to currently and still potentially be positive which seems morally questionable
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 10:13]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Covid 5 days later. on 08:16 - Aug 13 with 1020 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Oh well, minus 1 for today then . The test line was almost black it was that positive and although I can accept other people would decide differently, and the illness hasn't been too bad for me, I don't want to risk giving it to someone else unnecessarily.
Away on holiday for Barnsley, so my first game will be Cambridge on Sept. 10th. At least the prospect of a leisurely day in the garden and a naughty firestick softens the blow considerably!
COYB.

Covid 5 days later. on 08:22 - Aug 13 with 998 viewsStewart27

I’d 100% go.
Covid 5 days later. on 08:29 - Aug 13 with 969 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid 5 days later. on 08:22 - Aug 13 by Stewart27

I’d 100% go.

Fair enough...but you can't much like the people that sit/stand near you. I am lucky in that I work outdoors so can continue to earn a little even if I have had to do fewer hours. Other people aren't so lucky. It has also hit Miss Slave harder than it hit me so not something that I would be comfortable with.
2-0 win, Ladapo btw.

Covid 5 days later. on 08:32 - Aug 13 with 953 viewsnodge_blue

Covid 5 days later. on 09:22 - Aug 12 by BanksterDebtSlave

You should:

I imagine that you will do exactly that, you aren’t going to deliberately have close contact with vulnerable people are you? If you do it will be accidental and you can’t be blamed for that.

Covid 5 days later. on 08:44 - Aug 13 with 920 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Covid 5 days later. on 08:32 - Aug 13 by nodge_blue

I imagine that you will do exactly that, you aren’t going to deliberately have close contact with vulnerable people are you? If you do it will be accidental and you can’t be blamed for that.

I first tested positive on Tuesday morning so perhaps a full 5 days would not be until tomorrow morning. Not sure how that works. If it was a faint line I might have risked it but this is thick and almost black!!

Covid 5 days later. on 08:54 - Aug 13 with 854 viewsnodge_blue

Covid 5 days later. on 08:44 - Aug 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

I first tested positive on Tuesday morning so perhaps a full 5 days would not be until tomorrow morning. Not sure how that works. If it was a faint line I might have risked it but this is thick and almost black!!

Yes five days would be Sunday. Can’t avoid maths.

I’ve got those nagging, I’ve supported us too long and not seen us win enough important games, doubts about today. Maybe you won’t be disappointed to miss it.

Covid 5 days later. on 09:17 - Aug 13 with 786 viewsMookamoo

Covid 5 days later. on 08:16 - Aug 13 by BanksterDebtSlave

Oh well, minus 1 for today then . The test line was almost black it was that positive and although I can accept other people would decide differently, and the illness hasn't been too bad for me, I don't want to risk giving it to someone else unnecessarily.
Away on holiday for Barnsley, so my first game will be Cambridge on Sept. 10th. At least the prospect of a leisurely day in the garden and a naughty firestick softens the blow considerably!
COYB.

Sorry to hear that. There will someone who would have been near you who won't get it now and be totally none the wiser - a sacrifice they probably don't appreciate.
Covid 5 days later. on 09:24 - Aug 13 with 745 viewsEly_Blue

Covid 5 days later. on 08:32 - Aug 13 by nodge_blue

Have you actually read the tosh that you’ve posted?

A football match where you will be in close contact with other people and you knowingly are contagious with a virus that can be severe for someone who is immuno compromised (and I’m not just talking vulnerable here) and you are saying “ you aren’t going to deliberately have close contact with vulnerable people are you? If you do it will be accidental and you can’t be blamed for that.”

Have a word with yourself

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024