Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woolf and Edmundson tonight 21:01 - Aug 16 with 2779 viewsDubtractor

So sloppy!

To clarify this post, I think they defended pretty well for the most part, but seemed determined to give the ball away!
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 21:46]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:04 - Aug 16 with 2281 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

They were sloppy on Saturday too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:06 - Aug 16 with 2260 viewsGlasgowBlue

Woolfie has been sloppy for the last couple of games. Edmunson doesn’t look fully fit. We need Keogh to get match fit asap.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:27 - Aug 16 with 2175 viewscressi

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:06 - Aug 16 by GlasgowBlue

Woolfie has been sloppy for the last couple of games. Edmunson doesn’t look fully fit. We need Keogh to get match fit asap.

They did Saturday but got away with it
Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:44 - Aug 16 with 2120 viewsBondiBlue

I know he's been out for a while but Edmundson isn't looking like a very good footballer at the moment. Terrible with the ball at his feet tonight (in terms of tecnique and decision-making) and, worryingly, got dominated in the air.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:45 - Aug 16 with 2110 viewsVic

This is why KM has brought Keogh in.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 2065 viewspointofblue

The question is why. I’ve never thought Edmundson looked comfortable in a back three, even before his injury last season. Woolfenden was arguably our player of the half season when he came back into the side but he seems really shaky at the moment. If anything both have looked worse in the last two matches, since Keogh signed. Something isn’t sitting right with them.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:46 - Aug 16 with 2045 viewsDJR

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:44 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

I know he's been out for a while but Edmundson isn't looking like a very good footballer at the moment. Terrible with the ball at his feet tonight (in terms of tecnique and decision-making) and, worryingly, got dominated in the air.

It looks like he has lost a bit of confidence on the ball. Interesting that on Saturday, I don't think he passed out from the back at all.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 21:48]
Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:48 - Aug 16 with 1987 viewsjaykay

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:45 - Aug 16 by Vic

i think you right , although some questioned why keogh was brought in. i think these the sort of games would suit him. not the games where forwards run at him.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:49 - Aug 16 with 1957 viewsGlasgowBlue

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:48 - Aug 16 by jaykay

i think you right , although some questioned why keogh was brought in. i think these the sort of games would suit him. not the games where forwards run at him.

Had Keogh and Ball bhoth been ready I think they' have been picked for this physical battle.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:53 - Aug 16 with 1906 viewstivo

Our gameplan is to play along the back three and pull out the strikers to make space for our CM and those playing wide.

With this comes risk taking - it's not always going to be perfect but if you're unable to understand the concept I recommend you go watch darts or hopscotch.
Add in Morsy on 21:55 - Aug 16 with 1852 viewsunstableblue

… his worse game in a Town shirt.

But we one ugly.

I just don’t want to see that kind of performance and passing every week. We don’t want Mickball.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 1837 viewsDubtractor

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:53 - Aug 16 by tivo

Our gameplan is to play along the back three and pull out the strikers to make space for our CM and those playing wide.

With this comes risk taking - it's not always going to be perfect but if you're unable to understand the concept I recommend you go watch darts or hopscotch.

Much of a condescending prick?

Read my posts elsewhere, I'm in favour of the risk taking, but some of it was just sloppy passes, nothing more nothing less.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Add in Morsy on 21:59 - Aug 16 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

Add in Morsy on 21:55 - Aug 16 by unstableblue

… his worse game in a Town shirt.

But we one ugly.

I just don’t want to see that kind of performance and passing every week. We don’t want Mickball.

Not really sure what you were watching, we were still trying to play it out on the deck whenever we could.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Add in Morsy on 22:01 - Aug 16 with 1703 viewsMullet

Add in Morsy on 21:59 - Aug 16 by StokieBlue

Not really sure what you were watching, we were still trying to play it out on the deck whenever we could.

SB

Think about who you're replying to old boy. He's just said that was Morsy's worst game here too!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Add in Morsy on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1663 viewsunstableblue

Add in Morsy on 21:59 - Aug 16 by StokieBlue

SB

Sorry Stokie, you’re right

We didn’t win ugly as that would be Mickma type ball, we did try and play it out and we had a few spells of good passing

Let’s say we won scruffily and lacking quality - we just didn’t look on it tonight

Add in Morsy on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 1636 viewsunstableblue

Add in Morsy on 22:01 - Aug 16 by Mullet

Think about who you're replying to old boy. He's just said that was Morsy's worst game here too!

Yawn!

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:03 - Aug 16 with 1605 viewsSteve_M

Not just those two.

Leigh and Harness were really loose in their play for much of the first half, even Morsy gave the ball away sloppily a couple of times.

None of the weather, a small pitch or Burton's early pressing helped but we might not get away with that many errors every game.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 1407 viewsBondiBlue

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:53 - Aug 16 by tivo

Yes but what we're saying is edmundson's not very good at it. Just have to hope the coaches can improve that side of his game. If not, i'm not sure he'll be part of the plan long-term.

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:31 - Aug 16 with 1300 viewsBloomBlue

It's only the 4th league game of the season it always takes a few games to get fully into the flow.

Also remember McK has told them to play it out from the back, you need the rest of the team to create the spaces so they can pass it out. Every Town player on that pitch tonight made at least one slppy pass, why only highlight these 2?

If you don't want that style of play all we get is hoof football
Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 1298 viewsiamipswich

Woolfie (who I do love and really want to get back to 2nd half of last season form) has been pretty sloppy at times in every game since Millwall in Pre-season, only a matter of time before we get punished again.

If we could find a way to get Keogh up to fitness I wouldn't be surprised to see him come in even for a bit.

Poll: Who will return first?

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:37 - Aug 16 with 1261 views44_not_out

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:44 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

‘Isn’t looking like a good footballer’
‘Terrible’
‘Dominated in the air’
Some people don’t deserve nice things
Fridge was a solid 7/10 tonight!

Wow
This board is on fire tonight
Unbeaten
Top of the league
0.5 goals against per game

I’m struggling to believe some of things I’m reading tonight, but this contribution tops the lot
Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:46 - Aug 16 with 1192 viewsBondiBlue

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:37 - Aug 16 by 44_not_out

‘Isn’t looking like a good footballer’
‘Terrible’
‘Dominated in the air’
Some people don’t deserve nice things
Fridge was a solid 7/10 tonight!

Wow
This board is on fire tonight
Unbeaten
Top of the league
0.5 goals against per game

I’m struggling to believe some of things I’m reading tonight, but this contribution tops the lot

We can go two ways on this. Celebrate a 1-0 win at burton like we've won the cup, or pick holes in the poor performance. Ironically, in another thread i am advocating lowering expectations and just enjoying it.

Edmundson's ability with the ball has concerned me for a while.

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:54 - Aug 16 with 1126 views44_not_out

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:46 - Aug 16 by BondiBlue

We can go two ways on this. Celebrate a 1-0 win at burton like we've won the cup, or pick holes in the poor performance. Ironically, in another thread i am advocating lowering expectations and just enjoying it.

Edmundson's ability with the ball has concerned me for a while.

1) I’m not celebrating like we’ve the cup
2) I’m pleased we won a game that could’ve gone the other way
3) Edmundson’s ability on the ball doesn’t concern me
4) I haven’t mentioned expectations
Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 23:01 - Aug 16 with 1085 viewsBondiBlue

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 22:54 - Aug 16 by 44_not_out

1) I’m not celebrating like we’ve the cup
2) I’m pleased we won a game that could’ve gone the other way
3) Edmundson’s ability on the ball doesn’t concern me
4) I haven’t mentioned expectations

All true. I was trying to explain myself as you made a good point, i was overly negative in the context of a win.

Edit: 7/10 is generous though.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2022 23:02]

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 23:15 - Aug 16 with 1019 viewsjeera

Woolf and Edmundson tonight on 21:45 - Aug 16 by Vic

Both pivotal players last year and dropping either could be a confidence damaging mistake.

Keogh is mid-30s and has come in as cover and to offer words of experience you'd assume and not to knock anyone off their perch.

Edmundson was great until his injury absence and may need games to get back to his best form. Wolf as I say was decent last season and I would be concerned by breaking up the partnership at the back at this stage.

Thinking how someone else was demanding Burgess should be playing instead of Edmundson and now this talk of Keogh...

Surely all our talk of building from the back means getting this core three back to their best and only introducing others when absolutely necessary?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024