Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Now you're at the top 12:49 - Aug 17 with 7286 viewsPompey1234

You're there to be shot at.
Congrats on a great start.
Long season and other teams are coming to the party.
Regards

A Pompey fan
Now you're at the top on 17:14 - Aug 17 with 1559 viewsnodge_blue

Now you're at the top on 17:07 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Rather than answer all, I'll cherry pick.
I get what you're saying, every club has its morons. Pompey would know better than most.

Wasn't sure about DC but am now starting to see what he is trying to do

I think Cowley is someone with a huge attention to detail and has high standards. Im sure he's a good manager that given the right support will do well at this level.

I think you will be top 6.

I think we will be top 6 also. Possibly top 2 if we get a striker. Not much missing otherwise.

I saw your post aboutIpswich being out sung at PR. Im not sure thats true. The home fans that mainly sing are at the other end of the ground and when you're in amongst your own fans you don't always appreciate the noise they are making.

Thats not to say Portsmouth don't get behind their team well.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Now you're at the top on 17:21 - Aug 17 with 1540 viewsCityBlue

Pompey fans - very passionate.

Also pompey fans - arrogant t%#ats

I T I D

Now you're at the top on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 1539 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 16:49 - Aug 17 by berkstractorboy

I think the snipey comments started after suggesting it was wierd for a supporter of another club to post on here. I am sure Pompey1234 has said before he has (had) a fondness for Ipswich which is why he sometimes comes on the forum. I think if the replies had taken the OP for what it was then it would not have got snipey. (I haven't read it all I got the jist from page 1 what some of our fans thought)

Bang on.
I've practiced what's known as a type of 'reflection' practice.
I started by answering all who posted. I answered them in the manner in which they posted to me. Unfortunately so many were negatively biased.
Even the ones above who 'claim' to have read the thread, either have not, or, their negative biase has got the best of them.
Consequently, having just looked in again for the last 10, I've been just answering those well adjusted people who can see what's really happened.
Your investigating shows a like for ipswich and the post was honest and made in a positive manner.
Thanks for the reply
Regards
Now you're at the top on 17:22 - Aug 17 with 1534 viewsgainsboroughblue

Now you're at the top on 17:14 - Aug 17 by nodge_blue

I think Cowley is someone with a huge attention to detail and has high standards. Im sure he's a good manager that given the right support will do well at this level.

I think we will be top 6 also. Possibly top 2 if we get a striker. Not much missing otherwise.

I saw your post aboutIpswich being out sung at PR. Im not sure thats true. The home fans that mainly sing are at the other end of the ground and when you're in amongst your own fans you don't always appreciate the noise they are making.

The acoustics aren't great in SBR lower and noise travels up rather than out. It's the main gripe I have since the whole stand rebuilding.

It doesn't help that the most vocal fans are at the complete opposite end of the ground from the away faithful and if they are absorbed in the noise they are making, they will get the impression they are in 'a library' as the taunt goes.

As for the original theme of the thread, I expect both Ipswich and Pompey to be top 6. Given the last few seasons, I'm loath to be more bullish than that. Time will tell.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:23]

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Now you're at the top on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 1528 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 17:14 - Aug 17 by nodge_blue

I agree with all that as it goes.
Now you're at the top on 17:27 - Aug 17 with 1506 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 17:22 - Aug 17 by gainsboroughblue

The acoustics aren't great in SBR lower and noise travels up rather than out. It's the main gripe I have since the whole stand rebuilding.

It doesn't help that the most vocal fans are at the complete opposite end of the ground from the away faithful and if they are absorbed in the noise they are making, they will get the impression they are in 'a library' as the taunt goes.

As for the original theme of the thread, I expect both Ipswich and Pompey to be top 6. Given the last few seasons, I'm loath to be more bullish than that. Time will tell.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:23]

for the original theme of the thread, I expect both Ipswich and Pompey to be top 6. Given the last few seasons, I'm loath to be more bullish than that. Time will tell.

[Post edited 

The last part of the post is most relevant to the OP. Time will tell and being bullish about it. That's an answer. I'm not sure I'd rather be the hunter or the hunted although if I could stay the hunted all the way through I'd feel brilliant.

As for the noise at PR. That's what I was saying. It didn't sound good from the home fans at all.
Now you're at the top on 17:28 - Aug 17 with 1510 viewsFunge

Hello Pompey.

I watched this a while back, it was ace. Worth a look if you haven't already seen it.

Fratton Park is a proper football ground, you lot deserve better than the Redknapp-induced sh1te you've had over the past 15 years.

Hope we finish above you this year, all the best otherwise.

* Edited due to stupid Youtube
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 17:31]
Now you're at the top on 17:37 - Aug 17 with 1472 viewsgainsboroughblue

Now you're at the top on 17:28 - Aug 17 by Funge

Hello Pompey.

I watched this a while back, it was ace. Worth a look if you haven't already seen it.

Fratton Park is a proper football ground, you lot deserve better than the Redknapp-induced sh1te you've had over the past 15 years.

I saw this myself a few months ago. Definitely a big big rivalry down there that I'd rate higher than some that get over talked and hyped about.

Always enjoyed my trips down to Fratton. A proper football day out. Don't think I've seen us beaten there either but did nearly catch pneumonia in 1989 due to a vicious wind and hailstones the size of footballs, in a game also memorable for the players having to go off for ten minutes due to said weather conditions, and a debut of a certain G.Pennyfather.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Login to get fewer ads

Now you're at the top on 17:42 - Aug 17 with 1457 viewsFunge

Now you're at the top on 17:37 - Aug 17 by gainsboroughblue

I saw this myself a few months ago. Definitely a big big rivalry down there that I'd rate higher than some that get over talked and hyped about.

Always enjoyed my trips down to Fratton. A proper football day out. Don't think I've seen us beaten there either but did nearly catch pneumonia in 1989 due to a vicious wind and hailstones the size of footballs, in a game also memorable for the players having to go off for ten minutes due to said weather conditions, and a debut of a certain G.Pennyfather.

Eli Mengem is a quality journalist - his documentary on the Superclasico is remarkable; well worth a watch...

I've had a few days watching us at Fratton, fortunately was too young for the hailstones - think Scowie got a last-minute equaliser one year which royally p1ssed Pompey off...
Now you're at the top on 17:59 - Aug 17 with 1436 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 17:28 - Aug 17 by Funge

Hello Pompey.

It's a provincial Derby like your own. It's not fashionable or hyped by media but it's absolutely violent.
If you ever get the chance to go, you wouldn't be disappointed. Not for the faint hearted
Now you're at the top on 19:23 - Aug 17 with 1351 viewsberkstractorboy

Now you're at the top on 17:13 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

It's gone quiet about Hirst. I don't think we are expecting to sign him. He hasn't even had a preseason.
I guess a championship club will take him or you offer silly money, that's a possibility.

The longer this goes on it can't be good for the player, like you say little to no pre-season. I thought I saw a tweet he might be off the Pompey but think that was just lazy speculation and not someone ITK.

Not sure if he's the answer for us, not seen enough of him but does link up well with Harness. If KM rates and wants him that's good enough for me.
Now you're at the top on 21:26 - Aug 17 with 1261 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Now you're at the top on 17:14 - Aug 17 by J2BLUE

You've done some decent business and been smart with limited funds. It will be interesting to see if you can keep it up.

Three of your goals against Cambridge were very lucky. Not saying you didn't deserve to win because you make your own luck sometimes. If your player didn't shoot the keeper couldn't make an error.

I think it's fair to say you haven't beaten anyone of note yet. Neither have we really. That's not to play down some of the excellent process we have seen and i've delighted with our start.

Have you got the defence for a top 2 challenge and what do you do if Bishop gets injured?

Whilst we haven't beaten anyone of note so far, we have picked up considerably more points from these matches than we did against the equivalent sides last season. Overall it is the points against the average and relegation sides that make the most difference. Don't get me wrong, losing to promotion rivals can be a big dent to hopes, but there are many more points up for grabs against the other 18-20 sides.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Now you're at the top on 23:18 - Aug 17 with 1175 viewssuffolkpuncher

Now you're at the top on 13:12 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

Sorry about predictive text.
Hope that calms the football intelligence here.
It's a real highlight to know that grammar is your 'go to'.
Everyday is a schoolday indeed.
You're right of course, why come and talk football with another set of fans. It's much better to be incestuous about it and stuck on the coast of Suffolk, you probably are.
Now if you refer to the OP, it was posted with no dramas or nastiness, so why the attitude?
Pack mentality at its best and you've got the nerve to teach me?
You really are a legend in your own lifetime!

You definitely shouldn’t be a poet.
Now you're at the top on 23:37 - Aug 17 with 1152 viewsCoastalblue

Fratton Park is a great day out, proper Football Club and proper fans. Neither of us should be in League Frigging One, but you tend to end up where you deserve.

Be very happy for us to go up top two, which I don't think is completely out of the question and you to win the playoffs, again, not out of the question.

I hope you go up, but finish below us.

Edit: Didn't we turn you over at home and get a draw at your place 2003?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 23:40]

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Now you're at the top on 07:48 - Aug 18 with 1001 viewsPompey1234

Now you're at the top on 23:37 - Aug 17 by Coastalblue

Fratton Park is a great day out, proper Football Club and proper fans. Neither of us should be in League Frigging One, but you tend to end up where you deserve.

Be very happy for us to go up top two, which I don't think is completely out of the question and you to win the playoffs, again, not out of the question.

I hope you go up, but finish below us.

Edit: Didn't we turn you over at home and get a draw at your place 2003?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2022 23:40]

It was raining and it was 1-1 at our place. How you got out with that draw that day is one of those things that has you scratching heads.
We also lost at yours 2003 2 or 3 -0.
But when you win the championship with 98 points and score nearly 100 goals doing so, you can be forgiven having an off day.
I was at yours 2008 when Dave Nugent got a goal to send us through to the next round that eventually saw us win the FA Cup that year.
Now you're at the top on 08:18 - Aug 18 with 949 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Now you're at the top on 07:48 - Aug 18 by Pompey1234

It was raining and it was 1-1 at our place. How you got out with that draw that day is one of those things that has you scratching heads.
We also lost at yours 2003 2 or 3 -0.
But when you win the championship with 98 points and score nearly 100 goals doing so, you can be forgiven having an off day.
I was at yours 2008 when Dave Nugent got a goal to send us through to the next round that eventually saw us win the FA Cup that year.

If they turned Portman Road into a nunnery Nugent would still come here and score.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Now you're at the top on 08:31 - Aug 18 with 924 viewsChondzoresk

I’ll stick my oar in now. I spent 2 years in and around Portsmouth/Port Solent working. I have plenty of time for Pompey. Those that knew that I was a Town fan were very friendly, hospitable and had a good old footballing laugh. I have no issues with their fans, they had no issues with me.

The OP was a little inflammatory with his post, but done with tongue in cheek.

Personally, I welcome all fans from other clubs here, can’t see the problem.
Now you're at the top on 09:02 - Aug 18 with 861 viewsGeoffSentence

What is it with pompey fans?

We get the odd interloper from other teams around the time we play them, which is understandable.

We get budgies on a wind up all the time, which is to be expected.

But pompey fans pop up frequently and randomly.

Odd bunch.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Now you're at the top on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 859 viewsbilllm

Now you're at the top on 17:13 - Aug 17 by Pompey1234

It's gone quiet about Hirst. I don't think we are expecting to sign him. He hasn't even had a preseason.
I guess a championship club will take him or you offer silly money, that's a possibility.

Don't think Hirst will be here, if he wanted to be here he would be here, he can jog on,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024