Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne playing against Ipswich 13:18 - Oct 28 with 3522 viewsIllinoisblue

In the development league/reserves/b league. There’s a player who must wonder what the hell happened to his career

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:20 - Oct 28 with 3462 viewsFrimleyBlue

Ouch

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 3463 viewsFunge

Yeah, little bit sad about that.

Proper Town fan, seems like a genuinely sound bloke - I hope he sorts it out without ending up back at Colchester.
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:26 - Oct 28 with 3390 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:21 - Oct 28 by Funge

Proper Town fan, seems like a genuinely sound bloke - I hope he sorts it out without ending up back at Colchester.

I think he will be back here on a free at some point.

Waka waka eh eh

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:28 - Oct 28 with 3386 viewsDinDjarin

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:26 - Oct 28 by FrimleyBlue

I think he will be back here on a free at some point.

Very much doubt that tbh
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:29 - Oct 28 with 3376 viewsMullet

Think he will have a choice of clubs at this level in the summer. He's built himself up before and will suit lots of teams. He gambled on coming back here and it feels a bit ruthless we couldn't fit him in somehow, but that's life.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:32 - Oct 28 with 3351 viewsclive_baker

Yeah, needs a fresh start for sure but he's only 27 and still has a lot to give, certainly won't be short of offers. In the right system he can definitely score goals in L1, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to someone like Charlton.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:33 - Oct 28 with 3336 viewsRozz

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:29 - Oct 28 by Mullet

Think he will have a choice of clubs at this level in the summer. He's built himself up before and will suit lots of teams. He gambled on coming back here and it feels a bit ruthless we couldn't fit him in somehow, but that's life.

Sounded like Charlton deal was all but done until QPR decided they wanted a permanent move IIRC. Expect he'll go there or a similar club on loan in Jan.
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:33 - Oct 28 with 3320 viewsRozz

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:32 - Oct 28 by clive_baker

Yeah, needs a fresh start for sure but he's only 27 and still has a lot to give, certainly won't be short of offers. In the right system he can definitely score goals in L1, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to someone like Charlton.

Beat me to it.
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:39 - Oct 28 with 3247 viewstractordownsouth

I could see him at Derby in January. Warne likes physical forwards, they're restricted to frees and loans and QPR will want to get rid of him.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:42 - Oct 28 with 3215 viewsBeckets

He’s currently watching his team go 4-0 up in 25 minutes!
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:58 - Oct 28 with 3054 viewscarlisleaway

Come on McKenna get the boy in
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:11 - Oct 28 with 2967 viewsFromReuserWithLove

What would you get if you blended our two former goalies Matteo Sereni and Mike Salmon?
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:36 - Oct 28 with 2863 viewsHipsterectomy

I saw that Tom Carroll still doesn't have a club. A guy who was highly rated, had about 100 Prem games and is only 30.

I guess he's dropped down as far as he's prepared to with us last season.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:41 - Oct 28 with 2815 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:36 - Oct 28 by Hipsterectomy

I saw that Tom Carroll still doesn't have a club. A guy who was highly rated, had about 100 Prem games and is only 30.

Still surprised he played league 1 games.. he's had it. Non league level at best now.

Waka waka eh eh

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:54 - Oct 28 with 2741 viewsibbleobble

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 13:29 - Oct 28 by Mullet

We could easily fit him in and he’d be very valuable. After his “unfinished business” comment, it all felt like egos were ruffled and any potential deal suffered as a result. Now we’ve seen more of him, who’d score more and be a better asset over the course of a season, Bonne or JJ?

It’s a no brainer for me.
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 15:03 - Oct 28 with 2666 viewsSamWhiteUK

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:54 - Oct 28 by ibbleobble

We could easily fit him in and he’d be very valuable. After his “unfinished business” comment, it all felt like egos were ruffled and any potential deal suffered as a result. Now we’ve seen more of him, who’d score more and be a better asset over the course of a season, Bonne or JJ?

I'd take JJ, personally, if I had to choose between the two. I'd have Bonne as a backup
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 15:08 - Oct 28 with 2625 viewsITFC_Forever

Albert Adomah playing for QPR as well - he's got a lot of Champ experience.

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 15:09 - Oct 28 with 2616 viewsclive_baker

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:36 - Oct 28 by Hipsterectomy

He was absolutely dreadful for us. Can't help but feel his signing here was a little more of who you know rather than what you know.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 15:20 - Oct 28 with 2546 viewsbournemouthblue

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 15:08 - Oct 28 by ITFC_Forever

Albert Adomah playing for QPR as well - he's got a lot of Champ experience.

Funny player Adomah, he could be unplayable at times but I can only assume he lacked consistency?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 20:47 - Oct 28 with 2186 viewsBigCommon

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 14:54 - Oct 28 by ibbleobble

Do you think Bonne's Championship wages might be a bit of a stumbling block? Considering he'd be a back up here.. he might just be running down his QPR deal..?
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 21:52 - Oct 28 with 1977 viewshandslikeplates

I’m probably in the minority. But I’d love to have the boy back at Portman Road, I feel our support and management would get him firing again.
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 06:23 - Oct 29 with 1670 viewscarlisleaway

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 21:52 - Oct 28 by handslikeplates

I’m probably in the minority. But I’d love to have the boy back at Portman Road, I feel our support and management would get him firing again.

Funny how fickle fans are; first 4 months he was terrific, forget his lime after Xmas.
Have a lot of faith in Bonne
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:25 - Oct 29 with 1666 viewscarlisleaway

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 21:52 - Oct 28 by handslikeplates

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 08:50 - Oct 29 with 1516 viewsshamboy

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 06:23 - Oct 29 by carlisleaway

Funny how fickle fans are; first 4 months he was terrific, forget his lime after Xmas.
Have a lot of faith in Bonne

Very, very true. I think the turning point coincided with Mick Mills waxing lyrical and describing him in glowing terms in comparison to the great Paul Mariner. We do have short memories...
Bonne playing against Ipswich on 10:21 - Oct 29 with 1371 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Bonne playing against Ipswich on 08:50 - Oct 29 by shamboy

Very, very true. I think the turning point coincided with Mick Mills waxing lyrical and describing him in glowing terms in comparison to the great Paul Mariner. We do have short memories...

I have read on here that he had an incredibly difficult and sad situation in his personal life. I don't have any knowledge to back it up, so won't repeat it, but if it is true then it is a reminder that footballers are human beings and somebody who is clearly a League above the level they are playing at (as he was for the first quarter of the season) is not immune from outside pressures.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024