Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's 17:24 - Nov 20 with 3609 viewspointofblue

How do we do this? Play a strong team against Portsmouth as we have a better chance of winning the competition, then a weaker XI against Buxton as we should enough about us at home?

vs Portsmouth: Walton, Donacien, Davis, Woolfenden, Burgess, Morsy, Humphreys, Burns, Chaplin, Harness, Ladapo

vs Buxton: Hladky, Agbaje, Vincent-Young, Keogh, Edmundson, Morsy, Camara, Edwards, Chirewa, Buabo, Ahadme

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:25 - Nov 20 with 3019 viewsIllinoisblue

I absolutely would not play a full strength team in either game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:30 - Nov 20 with 2977 viewspointofblue

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:25 - Nov 20 by Illinoisblue

I absolutely would not play a full strength team in either game.

The issue we have is we don't have a replacement for Morsy. Unless we play Humphreys and Camara together against Buxton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 2933 viewsSitfcB

Won’t be that strong for Portsmouth.

Hladky, KVY, Edmundson, Jackson, Edwards, Camara, Gas will all start for sure.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:37 - Nov 20 with 2917 viewsIllinoisblue

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:30 - Nov 20 by pointofblue

The issue we have is we don't have a replacement for Morsy. Unless we play Humphreys and Camara together against Buxton.

True, no obvious replacement which is why we should improvise or throw a kid in there. The only prize is promotion. That is all that matters.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:37 - Nov 20 with 2911 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I don't expect any great changes. Hladky will probably play both, KVY involved & possibly on the left as Davis a doubt & Leigh not necessarily ready. Fridge probably involved, Morsy given starts for continuity but won't play more than 60 in either ideally. Hump and Camara splitting minutes and then a bit more flexibility up top with Edwards, Ahadme and Jackson available. I honestly don't think you'll look at the side and see either as particularly weak, just different.

Few of the young lads on the bench again, but as a small squad, both line-ups should be pretty recognisable overall.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:44 - Nov 20 with 2872 viewscbower

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:34 - Nov 20 by SitfcB

Can Ahadme play? Seem to remember he was cup tied and it can't have been for League Cup as we were already out? Maybe I have dreamt it!

bluescouser

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:50 - Nov 20 with 2835 viewsDarth_Koont

I’d base both selections around the players on the bench/fringe of the match day squad: Hladky, Keogh, Leigh (if not too soon), Edmundson, KVY, Camara, Edwards, Jackson and Ahadme. Then share the remaining starts and subs with the starting XI players. Think it’s good to keep some continuity going.

As well as youngsters like Agbaje and Chirewa. They were among our best performers last time out so should be keeping their places.

Pronouns: He/Him

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:54 - Nov 20 with 2788 viewsJ2BLUE

I hope Morsy doesn’t play in either game.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:56 - Nov 20 with 2765 viewsSitfcB

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:44 - Nov 20 by cbower

Can Ahadme play? Seem to remember he was cup tied and it can't have been for League Cup as we were already out? Maybe I have dreamt it!

Ah yes, he won’t be playing, Phil did mention that in a story, played for Burton in the pizza cup.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:03 - Nov 20 with 2708 viewsBlueBadger

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:34 - Nov 20 by SitfcB

Come on now, we're playing the Biggest Team In The World, Ever. To not have a go would be SHAMEFUL.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 18:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:08 - Nov 20 with 2678 viewsFrimleyBlue

Pompy

Hladky

Kvy
Keogh
Edmundson
Leigh

Jackson
Humphreys
Morsy ( because cards don't count)

Camara
Harness

Ladapo

Buxton

Walton
Donacien
Wolfenden
Burgess

Burns
Humphreys
Camara
Davis

Edwards
Harness

Ladapo
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 18:10]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:21 - Nov 20 with 2591 viewsclive_baker

Can’t see Davis starting on Tuesday given him coming off injured.

I would go:

Pompey: Hladky, Keogh, Edmundson, Armin, KVY, Camara, Humphreys, Chaplin, Chirewa, Edwards, Jackson

Buxton: Walton, Edmundson, Keogh, Burgess, KVY, Jackson, Morsy, Camara, Harness, Edwards, Ahadme

Chance to get minutes into Ahadme and Camara. Chance too for Chaplin to play himself into some goal scoring form. I would give JD, Woolf, Ladapo, Burns, Davis some minutes off the bench but by and large give them rest time. 1 start each for Morsy & Humphreys.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 18:39]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:26 - Nov 20 with 2553 viewsFrimleyBlue

Potentially stronger than most would expect

No league games until 2nd December so KM usually uses these Cup games as league games.

Waka waka eh eh

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:48 - Nov 20 with 2451 viewspelles321

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:08 - Nov 20 by FrimleyBlue

Pompy

Hladky

Kvy
Keogh
Edmundson
Leigh

Jackson
Humphreys
Morsy ( because cards don't count)

Camara
Harness

Ladapo

Buxton

Walton
Donacien
Wolfenden
Burgess

Burns
Humphreys
Camara
Davis

Edwards
Harness

Ladapo
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 18:10]

I doubt Camara can manage 2 games this week. Even if he could, considering the current shortage in central midfield I would say playing all 3 in one game would be a gaffe waiting to happen!
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:02 - Nov 20 with 2398 viewsFrimleyBlue

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:48 - Nov 20 by pelles321

I doubt Camara can manage 2 games this week. Even if he could, considering the current shortage in central midfield I would say playing all 3 in one game would be a gaffe waiting to happen!

Oops. First game I meant Chaplin not camara.

Waka waka eh eh

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:04 - Nov 20 with 2391 viewsclive_baker

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:48 - Nov 20 by pelles321

I would be tempted to start him on Tuesday and then see how he fares. The medical staff will obviously have a good idea of where he’s at but it does feel like a great opportunity to get minutes into him.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:12 - Nov 20 with 2359 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 17:37 - Nov 20 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I don't expect any great changes. Hladky will probably play both, KVY involved & possibly on the left as Davis a doubt & Leigh not necessarily ready. Fridge probably involved, Morsy given starts for continuity but won't play more than 60 in either ideally. Hump and Camara splitting minutes and then a bit more flexibility up top with Edwards, Ahadme and Jackson available. I honestly don't think you'll look at the side and see either as particularly weak, just different.

Few of the young lads on the bench again, but as a small squad, both line-ups should be pretty recognisable overall.

Yep. Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd wrap Davis in cotton wool until Leigh is in contention and as Ahadme is cup tied Tuesday I'd give him 90 on Saturday, assuming he can play FA Cup.

Anyway for the teams. I'll give it a go .

Portsmouth
Hladky
Ajgabe
Fridge
Keogh
KVY
Morsy
Camara
Chirewa
Edwards
Jackson
Ladapo

Buxton
Walton
JD
Wolf
Burgess
Burns
KVY
Camara
Humphreys
Chaplin
Harness
Ahadme

Hopefully we can have a good degree of rotation in there to keep everyone fresh
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:35 - Nov 20 with 2262 viewsPinewoodblue

We will be looking to win both games so will field a stronger side against Portsmouth.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:42 - Nov 20 with 2218 viewsYallop2

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:12 - Nov 20 by GenericIpswichMan

Yep. Pretty much agree with all of this. I'd wrap Davis in cotton wool until Leigh is in contention and as Ahadme is cup tied Tuesday I'd give him 90 on Saturday, assuming he can play FA Cup.

Anyway for the teams. I'll give it a go .

Portsmouth
Hladky
Ajgabe
Fridge
Keogh
KVY
Morsy
Camara
Chirewa
Edwards
Jackson
Ladapo

Buxton
Walton
JD
Wolf
Burgess
Burns
KVY
Camara
Humphreys
Chaplin
Harness
Ahadme

Hopefully we can have a good degree of rotation in there to keep everyone fresh

Isn't Edwards suspended?
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:23 - Nov 20 with 2004 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:42 - Nov 20 by Yallop2

Isn't Edwards suspended?

I'd forgotten about that too. Hmm, probably a shoo-in for Buxton then.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:37 - Nov 20 with 1973 viewsParky

Chirewa has to get game-time in either game, or he’s almost certainly off.
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:39 - Nov 20 with 1968 viewsGenericIpswichMan

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 19:42 - Nov 20 by Yallop2

Isn't Edwards suspended?

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that. He starts Saturday then!

Can I have another go and switch him for Chaplin instead?
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:45 - Nov 20 with 1948 viewsEastTownBlue

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 18:03 - Nov 20 by BlueBadger

Come on now, we're playing the Biggest Team In The World, Ever. To not have a go would be SHAMEFUL.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2022 18:08]

To win would deny them the opportunity to sell out Wembley five times over.
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:46 - Nov 20 with 1938 viewsxrayspecs

Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:37 - Nov 20 by Parky

Chirewa has to get game-time in either game, or he’s almost certainly off.

He is off, so why give him game time?
Portsmouth and Buxton starting XI's on 20:59 - Nov 20 with 1889 viewsxrayspecs

I suspect we will use the full squad and a few of the U23s so that everyone has a game in the next week. The next league game is Friday week.

Would expect us to go stronger against Portsmouth but mindful of those who put a big shift in on Saturday or who have carried knocks

So, wanting to win both....

Portsmouth: Walton/Hladky, Wolf, Burgess, KVY, Edmundson, Morsy, Humphreys, Harness, Chaplin, Jackson, Ladapo

Buxton: Hladky, JD, Keogh, Davis/Leigh, Edmundson, Morsy, Camara, Edwards, Chaplin, Burns, Ahadme
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024