Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refs are awful 21:53 - Dec 2 with 2769 viewsBobsthename

let’s face it you play in a lower league you get lower standard refs but tonight he was petrified .
Refs are awful on 21:54 - Dec 2 with 2483 viewsRozz

I only watched the last half hour, but I can only assume Conor Chaplin has been shagging his wife on the sly.
Refs are awful on 21:57 - Dec 2 with 2447 viewsSchmoke

I think they enjoy coming to 'big spending Ipswich' and try taking us down a peg or two.
Refs are awful on 21:59 - Dec 2 with 2415 viewsDubtractor

He was one of the worst we've seen all season.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Refs are awful on 21:59 - Dec 2 with 2416 viewsSpruceMoose

There never seems to be any consequence for their awful job performance either.

The fact that a professional football league with several large teams in it still has part time referees is the problem. League One isn't the rinky dink league it was at one point. You have part timers with seemingly little oversight officiating in a league where promotion and relegation can mean financial disaster or security.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 22:00]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Refs are awful on 23:50 - Dec 2 with 2260 viewsjonbull88

Refs are awful on 21:59 - Dec 2 by SpruceMoose

The fact that a professional football league with several large teams in it still has part time referees is the problem. League One isn't the rinky dink league it was at one point. You have part timers with seemingly little oversight officiating in a league where promotion and relegation can mean financial disaster or security.

What got me was their player went down mid point first half, physio came on, yet the player wasn’t made to go off, pretty much summed the performance up
Refs are awful on 23:56 - Dec 2 with 2243 viewsLankHenners

He completely fcked it tonight by giving Burns a yellow for that slide where it looked like he cleanly won the ball. He didn't look like he was even going to give it until the Fleetwood player rolled around a couple more times then he changed his mind and furthermore decided it was a booking.

It then seemed like he realised he might have got that wrong, so proceeded to ref the entire rest of the game with absolutely zero consistency with regards to what counted as a foul or a good tackle.

Unless it was earlier and I've missed the discussion, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Burgess being hauled to the floor from a corner in the first half - looked a stonewaller to me but he bottled making that decision.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Refs are awful on 09:44 - Dec 3 with 2088 viewsellaandred

Refs are awful on 23:50 - Dec 2 by jonbull88

What got me was their player went down mid point first half, physio came on, yet the player wasn’t made to go off, pretty much summed the performance up

When the player didn't go off, I thought it was a new rule. It happened in one of the early World Cup group games.
Then in the second half he made of our players go off, after treatment (can't remember who).
Sadly, as a former class one (old system)football league referee, I don't understand the laws anymore :-(
And I don't think VAR helps. In lot's of cases re-referring the game, and referee's using it it to get them out of 'trouble'
Refs are awful on 09:48 - Dec 3 with 2071 viewsFrimleyBlue

Refs are awful on 21:54 - Dec 2 by Rozz

I only watched the last half hour, but I can only assume Conor Chaplin has been shagging his wife on the sly.

Chaplin spent another game annoying a ref by backing into his player, dropping to the floor trying to get freekicks.. it then goes the other way when refs aren't impressed and ignore when it's a genuine foul. He's the worst for it in the squad, constantly going backing in looking for fouls that aren't there.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Refs are awful on 10:06 - Dec 3 with 2058 viewssotd78

Refs are awful on 23:50 - Dec 2 by jonbull88

You don't need to go off if injured by a player who is booked.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

Refs are awful on 10:09 - Dec 3 with 2049 viewsellaandred

Refs are awful on 10:06 - Dec 3 by sotd78

Oh is that right? Didn't know that
When did that become a law?
Like I said in my previous post- I don't know the laws anymore :-)
Thanks for that
Refs are awful on 10:10 - Dec 3 with 2047 viewsjonbull88

Even if it is a rule in over 20 years watching football, I’ve never seen it actually happen. Seen hundreds of players coming off for a few seconds even when the opposition player is booked.
Refs are awful on 10:16 - Dec 3 with 2035 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Somewhere a geography night class was missing its teacher. Spectacularly bad and inconsistent.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Refs are awful on 10:19 - Dec 3 with 2029 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Refs are awful on 23:56 - Dec 2 by LankHenners

He completely fcked it tonight by giving Burns a yellow for that slide where it looked like he cleanly won the ball. He didn't look like he was even going to give it until the Fleetwood player rolled around a couple more times then he changed his mind and furthermore decided it was a booking.

It then seemed like he realised he might have got that wrong, so proceeded to ref the entire rest of the game with absolutely zero consistency with regards to what counted as a foul or a good tackle.

Unless it was earlier and I've missed the discussion, I'm surprised more hasn't been made of Burgess being hauled to the floor from a corner in the first half - looked a stonewaller to me but he bottled making that decision.

Pretty sure there was zero contact from Burns and Burgess' ability to suddenly change direction in mid air is something to behold!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Refs are awful on 10:30 - Dec 3 with 2011 viewsellaandred

Yep Law 5
Thanks for that.
I'm now going to download the laws and get myself up to date !!
Refs are awful on 11:02 - Dec 3 with 1960 viewsSharkey

Refs are awful on 21:59 - Dec 2 by SpruceMoose

In what way is League 1 any less ‘rinky dink’ than ( say) ten years ago?
Refs are awful on 11:51 - Dec 3 with 1919 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Right in line with that penalty incident Henners and how the linesman doesn't see it is beyond me.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Refs are awful on 13:07 - Dec 3 with 1860 viewsblueislander

Refs are awful on 21:59 - Dec 2 by Dubtractor

He was one of the worst we've seen all season.

This
Refs are awful on 15:49 - Dec 3 with 1786 viewsTractorWood

He was awful. Utterly dreadful.

Notwithstanding he didn't affect the outcome of the game. We still should have won.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Refs are awful on 17:42 - Dec 3 with 1677 viewsGeoffSentence

The assaults that he let go were beyond belief.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Refs are awful on 18:30 - Dec 3 with 1639 viewsjayessess

I'm always surprised at how consistently we get 50/50 decisions (and worse) given against us at Portman Road. Like refs come here with the mindset that they're likely to be swayed by a big home crowd and need to over-compensate.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Refs are awful on 18:41 - Dec 3 with 1616 viewsPagan_Blue

I think there's an issue with some of these officials, in terms of playing in front of large crowds and embarking on an ego trip. The one that springs immediately to mind is the strutting peacock who reffed the Barnsley game.From the very first whistle, he was intent on making everything about himself, trying to be the star of the show.This culminated with the totally unfathomable decision to disallow Harness' goal. I felt there was an element of this with last night's ref, trying to demonstrate that in no way was he going to be intimidated by a large home crowd, which resulted in him favouring the opposition, to some extent. Referees have been better on our televised games this season, probably because they know they're under close scrutiny.
Of course, if harness' goal had stood, there is no guarantee we would have won, similarly, had Sheffield Wednesday's 2nd equaliser been correctly ruled out for offside, they still could have scored another.
Refs are awful on 19:54 - Dec 3 with 1537 viewsLankHenners

Refs are awful on 18:30 - Dec 3 by jayessess

I'm always surprised at how consistently we get 50/50 decisions (and worse) given against us at Portman Road. Like refs come here with the mindset that they're likely to be swayed by a big home crowd and need to over-compensate.

McKenna made that exact point earlier this season - think it was after Barnsley when that total plank ruled out Harness' goal. Think there's something in that - have to have thick skin and a bit of an ego to make it as a ref and you get the impression that when the crowd are chanting and shouting abuse at them they become more stubborn and refuse to be seen to be giving in to pressure.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Refs are awful on 20:33 - Dec 3 with 1491 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Exactly how I saw the Burns decision too. Then especially inconsistent and let so much go against Chaplin in particular. I thought Morsy was going to take matters into his own hands at one point. Also, could not understand how Rooney didn't get a second yellow card for any of his persistent fouls at least as bad as Burns'. It was like, having got one, he needed to a straight red offence to be given a second one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Refs are awful on 21:19 - Dec 3 with 1437 viewsFrimleyBlue

Refs are awful on 18:30 - Dec 3 by jayessess

Of course different level. ( altho sometimes it makes you wonder)

But a few years ago there was a big investigation in non league after a screenshot of an officials message board showed exchanges on how refs pre planned who they were most likely going to book and some went further and said they sometimes enjoyed given decisions to away sides to shut the home fans up.

A fair few officials got binned after that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Refs are awful on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 1303 viewsRIPbobby

Isn't league 1 supposed to be the nursery of tomorrow's top flight refs and then perhaps fifa approved. I think that ref would have a field day with Uruguay matches. Lol
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024