Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! 05:22 - Dec 4 with 3565 viewsMalcolmMeatballHead

Went to Morrisons today to get some eggs as they sell 6 free range ones for 55p which in my opinion is an absolute bargain but as pe bloody usual they had none in stock. Anyway, I went to another shop in town (I don't want to say the name of the shop for fear of reprisals) and the only eggs they had in stock were those cruel eggs from battery hens (NOT free range).

My question is if you were desperate for an egg and the only ones you could buy were the cruel ones (made by chickens in cages) would you buy them? Personally I would but hey ho we are all free to do what we want (within the law)

Edit: I meant I went to Morrisons yesterday (Saturday)
[Post edited 4 Dec 2022 5:29]
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 07:28 - Dec 4 with 2625 viewsHogger

Nope, free range or no buy. Seen what battrry hens suffer. ..
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 07:55 - Dec 4 with 2606 viewsFixed_It

Just wondering what reprisals you are expecting from naming the shop you went to? And also wondering if this moral dilemma kept you awake all night seeing as you posted this so early?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 08:17 - Dec 4 with 2567 viewsdickie

Plenty of free range eggs in Aldi when I went on Thursday
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 08:35 - Dec 4 with 2540 viewsFtnfwest

Don’t have any water cress with them if you make a sandwich either. Have you seen how they force crowd that stuff together?
Squeezing those massive…. on 08:36 - Dec 4 with 2523 viewsBloots

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 07:28 - Dec 4 by Hogger

Nope, free range or no buy. Seen what battrry hens suffer. ..

….eggs out of their bums?

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 08:46 - Dec 4 with 2500 viewsLord_Lucan

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 08:17 - Dec 4 by dickie

Plenty of free range eggs in Aldi when I went on Thursday

I went to Tesco Martlesham the other day to pick Mother up some eggs and they didn't have a single egg in the place.

Having worked on and egg farm for three days I would never buy a battery egg under any circumstances........... nor a battery chicken

.........which is obviously massively hypercritical as I am sure the cafes and restaurants I eat in use battery eggs and chickens and I am happy to eat other forms of mass produced animal foodstuffs

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:09 - Dec 4 with 2460 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 07:55 - Dec 4 by Fixed_It

Just wondering what reprisals you are expecting from naming the shop you went to? And also wondering if this moral dilemma kept you awake all night seeing as you posted this so early?

I think he likes an early bath.
I'm shocked at how cheep Morrisons' free range eggs are though!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:19 - Dec 4 with 2438 viewsjonbull88

In your first paragraph is the route of the egg issues. At present it’s costing around £1.30 to produce a 1/2 of eggs. The supermarkets lack of willing to pay the extra 40-50p required is leading to farms packing up, which is the real reason behind the egg shortage.

If you can, buy your eggs direct from a chicken farm.
Login to get fewer ads

Squeezing those massive…. on 09:21 - Dec 4 with 2434 viewsWeWereZombies

Squeezing those massive…. on 08:36 - Dec 4 by Bloots

….eggs out of their bums?

I was going to pull you up on this and say that surely an egg is squeezed out of the urethra rather than the anus but I wisely decided to Google first and find that hens have a chamber called the cloaca where the reproductive and excretory tracts meet:

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/eggs-meat/how-do-chickens-lay-eggs/#:

Thank goodness eggs come with a shell on them.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:36 - Dec 4 with 2394 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:19 - Dec 4 by jonbull88

In your first paragraph is the route of the egg issues. At present it’s costing around £1.30 to produce a 1/2 of eggs. The supermarkets lack of willing to pay the extra 40-50p required is leading to farms packing up, which is the real reason behind the egg shortage.

If you can, buy your eggs direct from a chicken farm.

This! The supermarkets blaming bird flu is disingenuous to say the least.
As Ioan states, the farmers are getting a "paltry price"
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/supermarkets-blaming-farmers-bird-

I just wanted to type “bums”… on 09:38 - Dec 4 with 2383 viewsBloots

Squeezing those massive…. on 09:21 - Dec 4 by WeWereZombies

I was going to pull you up on this and say that surely an egg is squeezed out of the urethra rather than the anus but I wisely decided to Google first and find that hens have a chamber called the cloaca where the reproductive and excretory tracts meet:

https://backyardpoultry.iamcountryside.com/eggs-meat/how-do-chickens-lay-eggs/#:

….looking back now, I should have typed “bumhole”, more impact.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Squeezing those massive…. on 09:39 - Dec 4 with 2386 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Squeezing those massive…. on 09:21 - Dec 4 by WeWereZombies

Explains why our chickens' (Pekkin, Sue and Davide's)eggs are always covered in poo.

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:43 - Dec 4 with 2367 viewsMeadowlark

6 eggs for 55p???
What? Always? Never? How? Really? Unbelievable!
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:45 - Dec 4 with 2355 viewsjeera

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:43 - Dec 4 by Meadowlark

6 eggs for 55p???
What? Always? Never? How? Really? Unbelievable!

Almost like it's not true.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:46 - Dec 4 with 2349 viewsMattinLondon

Couldn’t you just go to another shop?
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:48 - Dec 4 with 2344 viewsWeWereZombies

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:46 - Dec 4 by MattinLondon

Couldn’t you just go to another shop?

He did.

Or did you mean that he could go to another shop after the second shop ?

More fear of reprisals though...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:08 - Dec 4 with 2285 viewsLord_Lucan

Squeezing those massive…. on 09:39 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

Explains why our chickens' (Pekkin, Sue and Davide's)eggs are always covered in poo.

Alright Stevey?

Most Sundays I hire an enclosed field for my hounds and it's about 35 mins away in the middle of nowhere. En route there are usually a few houses with little wooden stall things outside that sell eggs which you presume come from their own chickens - I think they are about £1 per half dozen.

Thing is - some places have misshapen eggs of all sizes covered in sh1t and I noticed recently that one place had pretty clean eggs with date stamps on - now then, would a small cottage industry home producer have an egg stamp or have they bought them in?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:23 - Dec 4 with 2221 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:08 - Dec 4 by Lord_Lucan

Alright Stevey?

Most Sundays I hire an enclosed field for my hounds and it's about 35 mins away in the middle of nowhere. En route there are usually a few houses with little wooden stall things outside that sell eggs which you presume come from their own chickens - I think they are about £1 per half dozen.

Thing is - some places have misshapen eggs of all sizes covered in sh1t and I noticed recently that one place had pretty clean eggs with date stamps on - now then, would a small cottage industry home producer have an egg stamp or have they bought them in?

All good thanks Alan.
Is that place near Sweffling? They have masses of cheap stamped eggs too but because they are a large producer that also supplies supermarkets. Her hens are not in her garden but they are still her hens. Might be the same with your one.

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:48 - Dec 4 with 2193 viewsLord_Lucan

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:23 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

All good thanks Alan.
Is that place near Sweffling? They have masses of cheap stamped eggs too but because they are a large producer that also supplies supermarkets. Her hens are not in her garden but they are still her hens. Might be the same with your one.

I have no idea where Sweffling is

The dog field is in Monk Soham so anywhere my Sat Nav takes me from IP4 to Monk Soham - but it's just a large house from what I can see.

Actually - I tell a lie, there is another field we use that has an address as Woodbridge but it's actually near Grundisburgh - pretty sure it's next to there - IP13 6RR

Edit - My OCD just got the better of me and I've just googled Sweffling and it's nowhere near there......

But what you are saying is that the stamped eggs may be on the level and I haven't been duped in some sort of Grundisburgh egg counterfeiting scandal?

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:52 - Dec 4 with 2181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:48 - Dec 4 by Lord_Lucan

I have no idea where Sweffling is

The dog field is in Monk Soham so anywhere my Sat Nav takes me from IP4 to Monk Soham - but it's just a large house from what I can see.

Actually - I tell a lie, there is another field we use that has an address as Woodbridge but it's actually near Grundisburgh - pretty sure it's next to there - IP13 6RR

Edit - My OCD just got the better of me and I've just googled Sweffling and it's nowhere near there......

But what you are saying is that the stamped eggs may be on the level and I haven't been duped in some sort of Grundisburgh egg counterfeiting scandal?

That is what I am saying....I think.
Do they say if they are free range or not?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 10:53 - Dec 4 with 2173 viewsMattinLondon

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 09:48 - Dec 4 by WeWereZombies

He did.

Or did you mean that he could go to another shop after the second shop ?

More fear of reprisals though...

Go to as many shops as possible. Let the reprisals rain down on him like never ending rain.
Squeezing those massive…. on 11:20 - Dec 4 with 2134 viewsLord_Lucan

Squeezing those massive…. on 10:52 - Dec 4 by BanksterDebtSlave

That is what I am saying....I think.
Do they say if they are free range or not?

Yes - advertised as Free Range

It's a cartel I tell ya.

I reckon Eddie Richardson is behind it.

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:29 - Dec 4 with 2110 viewseireblue

I have the solution for you, but only a brave person that isn’t scared of reprisals would be able to see it through. And, it’s cheaper than 55p.

Yea, not sure you are ready, so I won’t trouble you with it.
Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:47 - Dec 4 with 2058 viewsJ2BLUE

Desperate for an egg...

No one should be buying eggs from caged chickens. If no one bought them they would stop selling them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:51 - Dec 4 with 2046 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Moral dilemma... Eeeek! on 11:29 - Dec 4 by eireblue

I have the solution for you, but only a brave person that isn’t scared of reprisals would be able to see it through. And, it’s cheaper than 55p.

Yea, not sure you are ready, so I won’t trouble you with it.

Is there are reason you can't see inside the box?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024