Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christian Walton 22:24 - Dec 29 with 4291 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

This isn’t a he needs dropping post by any means.

However, I do think there are some legitimate questions over his performances this season. Seems to always end up on his bottom when the ball comes across his 6 years box, his shot to save metric isn’t great either. Would be interesting to hear some other thoughts ?

This isn’t referring to the Free kick btw, he defo wasn’t saving that.

I’m also happy with that point, good character from the boys.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:25]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Christian Walton on 22:26 - Dec 29 with 3705 viewstextbackup

he maybe does if he stands the other side of goal.

not been hugely impressed with him the last maybe 2 months, dont have anywhere near the confidence in him that i did last season

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Christian Walton on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 3635 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Christian Walton on 22:26 - Dec 29 by textbackup

not been hugely impressed with him the last maybe 2 months, dont have anywhere near the confidence in him that i did last season

That’s interesting, I only saw it live in the ground and looked a great free kick. Need to watch it back.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Christian Walton on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 3607 viewstractorboy1978

Kind of alluded to this in a thread I posted below, but it must be really difficult to stay switched on and fully focused/sharp when your team is dominating games in the manner we do and you have so little conventional goalkeeping to do.
Christian Walton on 22:32 - Dec 29 with 3598 viewsSwansea_Blue

If he stands the other side of the goal (where the ball went), he’s behind the wall and leaves half the goal completely unprotected. Which would be far, far worse. It was a great free kick and nothing he could do about it - end of.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Christian Walton on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 3511 viewstextbackup

Christian Walton on 22:32 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

If he stands the other side of the goal (where the ball went), he’s behind the wall and leaves half the goal completely unprotected. Which would be far, far worse. It was a great free kick and nothing he could do about it - end of.

is he? i must say it seems ages ago now.... but at the time i remember thinking his positioning was a bit strange.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Christian Walton on 22:38 - Dec 29 with 3507 viewsChrisd

Christian Walton on 22:32 - Dec 29 by tractorboy1978

Kind of alluded to this in a thread I posted below, but it must be really difficult to stay switched on and fully focused/sharp when your team is dominating games in the manner we do and you have so little conventional goalkeeping to do.

Definitely, good concentration levels are part of a goalkeeper’s armoury.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2022 22:41]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Christian Walton on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 3483 viewsITFCBlues

Christian Walton on 22:37 - Dec 29 by textbackup

is he? i must say it seems ages ago now.... but at the time i remember thinking his positioning was a bit strange.

I agree. Seemed to be way too far over to the other side. Not sure he'd have saved it anyway

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Christian Walton on 22:51 - Dec 29 with 3316 viewsDefender110

Christian Walton on 22:32 - Dec 29 by tractorboy1978

True, but it's his job!
Login to get fewer ads

Christian Walton on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 3094 viewsBlueForYou

Should have been given an academy award for the way he went down after being gently touched by a Portsmouth player in the 2nd half. Don’t like seeing any player doing that especially one of ours.
Christian Walton on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 2951 viewsRocky

I wouldn't swap Walton for any keeper in this league - apart from Michael Cooper of Plymouth - who'll be a Premier keeper within a season or two.
Christian Walton on 05:27 - Dec 30 with 2747 viewsTerra_Farma

His performances are diminishing.

Great keeper who we need to hold onto - however, his feigning injury isn't what ITFC are about
Christian Walton on 08:38 - Dec 30 with 2450 viewspointofblue

Walton’s like Burns for me - a good player, but who’s performances are not consistently hitting the heights of last year.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Christian Walton on 08:58 - Dec 30 with 2402 viewsWickets

I do think he gave the free kick taker too much to shoot at but think it was almost unsaveable , was it a free kick ? looked to me Morsy won the ball by the direction it went . Both the first 2 goals pretty dubious TBH . I will have to watch the highlights but think Burgess did a good job of not celebrating his goal as he knew he was offside / maybe the Lino thought Ladapo was the scorer other wise i cannot think why he did not raise his flag .
Christian Walton on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 2397 viewsDJR

It's strange because last season he seemed invincible but that isn't the case any longer. I know confidence can play a part with goalkeepers, and I do sense his confidence is not as high as last season, perhaps due to some of the mistakes he has made. On the other hand, perhaps this season we have conceded more goals from close range, and someone of his size is just not so agile in such situations, as compared to shots from distance.
Christian Walton on 09:01 - Dec 30 with 2393 viewsEly_Blue

the fact that the free kick went in off the underside of the bar/join between bar and post means 2 keeps wouldnt have stopped that going in, sometimes you've got to hold your hands up and say what a good free kick it was

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Christian Walton on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 2343 viewsGlasgowBlue

His form has been of concern since the Charlton game. He isn’t making the match winning saves that we saw last season. Wycombe away springs to mind.

Remember when Hladky joined the club and every shot at him went in? It’s getting that way with Walton.

Like you, I wouldn’t drop him. He’s shown that he’s a class above in this league. But the difference between us and Plymouth is the goalkeeper imo.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Christian Walton on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 2157 viewsBattersea_Blue

I'm going to disagree with your statement that "he defo wasn't saving that".

He is responsible for setting up the wall. Just before the free kick was taken, I did think to myself he's left too much leeway on his left side, the wall nowhere near covered the left 3rd of the goal. Therefore, that was his side, irrelevant if it hit the post/bar before going in.

He ended up betwixt and between. In situations like that, with a wall set up like that, he has to totally guard his left hand side. If the taker is good enough to get it over the wall and dip in on his right side, fair enough, great goal and that's when I'd say "he defo wasn't saving that".

He's not playing at his best at the moment, not commanding his 6 yard box like he did at the beginning of the season. He needs a strong "word" in my opinion.
Christian Walton on 10:35 - Dec 30 with 2123 viewsRyorry

Christian Walton on 10:25 - Dec 30 by Battersea_Blue

I'm going to disagree with your statement that "he defo wasn't saving that".

He is responsible for setting up the wall. Just before the free kick was taken, I did think to myself he's left too much leeway on his left side, the wall nowhere near covered the left 3rd of the goal. Therefore, that was his side, irrelevant if it hit the post/bar before going in.

He ended up betwixt and between. In situations like that, with a wall set up like that, he has to totally guard his left hand side. If the taker is good enough to get it over the wall and dip in on his right side, fair enough, great goal and that's when I'd say "he defo wasn't saving that".

He's not playing at his best at the moment, not commanding his 6 yard box like he did at the beginning of the season. He needs a strong "word" in my opinion.

Anything to do with the rest of our defence looking a tad shaky?

As for "needing a strong word", I think that's the last thing anyone going through a dip in confidence needs (if CW is actually going through one of those, since none of us really knows).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Christian Walton on 10:40 - Dec 30 with 2099 viewsFrimleyBlue

Christian Walton on 10:35 - Dec 30 by Ryorry

Anything to do with the rest of our defence looking a tad shaky?

As for "needing a strong word", I think that's the last thing anyone going through a dip in confidence needs (if CW is actually going through one of those, since none of us really knows).

Personally, this season we've seen the version of CW that made him 5th choice keeper at Brighton.

Ropey with his distribution, not commanding his area, watching the replay of the 2nd goal, I wonder if he should have dealt with the first header better as it drops to the scorer...
[Post edited 31 Dec 2022 16:07]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Christian Walton on 10:45 - Dec 30 with 2074 viewsRyorry

Christian Walton on 10:40 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Personally, this season we've seen the version of CW that made him 5th choice keeper at Brighton.

Ropey with his distribution, not commanding his area, watching the replay of the 2nd goal, I wonder if he should have dealt with the first header better as it drops to the scorer...

Hasn't seemed so commanding of his area in the Dec. iFollow games I've seen, I agree.

Will have to re-watch that second goal, but you could see it coming from half a minute or so beforehand, our defence generally just wasn't looking right.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Christian Walton on 11:03 - Dec 30 with 1994 viewsSixto6

Christian Walton on 10:45 - Dec 30 by Ryorry

Hasn't seemed so commanding of his area in the Dec. iFollow games I've seen, I agree.

Will have to re-watch that second goal, but you could see it coming from half a minute or so beforehand, our defence generally just wasn't looking right.

Walton is a superb keeper for L1 and will be very capable in the Championship.
Some fans are too quick to find fault in players when results don’t go our way.
Walton has bailed out many players that have made mistakes ahead of him, as a keeper he doesn’t have that luxury !
He’s class and we’re lucky to have him.
COYB
Christian Walton on 11:14 - Dec 30 with 1896 viewsChrisd

Christian Walton on 10:40 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Blimey, I was reading some nonsense last night that he should've come for the initial cross for their 2nd goal. It's those sort of comments when you realise those fans haven't really played the game.

Christian Walton on 11:20 - Dec 30 with 1862 viewsFrimleyBlue

Christian Walton on 11:14 - Dec 30 by Chrisd

Blimey, I was reading some nonsense last night that he should've come for the initial cross for their 2nd goal. It's those sort of comments when you realise those fans haven't really played the game.

Defo not for the initial cross. I'm just unsure about where the ball drops for Bishop.. should Walton have got there first etc.. very hard to tell on the replay but its always something of a thought when the ball drops inside the 6 yard Box. That's the keepers box.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Christian Walton on 11:26 - Dec 30 with 1845 viewsChrisd

Christian Walton on 11:20 - Dec 30 by FrimleyBlue

Defo not for the initial cross. I'm just unsure about where the ball drops for Bishop.. should Walton have got there first etc.. very hard to tell on the replay but its always something of a thought when the ball drops inside the 6 yard Box. That's the keepers box.

I'm not sure he could really Frimmers. CW has worked himself across the goal while the ball is in the air from the cross to get in a position to deal with a possible attempt at goal from the header, there's bodies in front of him too. As a keeper you can't anticipate everything. Credit to Raggett that was a really good header down into a dangerous area and the finish was instinctive.

Christian Walton on 11:30 - Dec 30 with 1831 viewsportmanroadblue

Disagree, wall should have covered the left side of the goal as you look at it from the Portsmouth player taking the free kick allowing Walton to be more central in the goal. Great free kick tho, and not sure many keepers would have saved it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024