Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… 12:27 - Jan 2 with 4320 viewsKieran_Knows

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:52 - Jan 2 with 3934 viewsSomethingBlue

Surely we don't get him for anything like that ... although if we're going in again you'd think we've not been totally discouraged from keeping the conversation alive.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:53 - Jan 2 with 3917 viewsITFCBlues

If we sign Luongo, do we need him?

I'd rather we spent money on a CAM and striker.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:54 - Jan 2 with 3895 viewsITFCBlues

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:52 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Surely we don't get him for anything like that ... although if we're going in again you'd think we've not been totally discouraged from keeping the conversation alive.

How much would it take? If they don't sell now then get to the summer with 1 year left on his contract, what's he worth then?

Can imagine somewhere around 1.5m would get the deal done.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:04 - Jan 2 with 3656 viewsMetal_Hacker

Don’t really know much about him. Little ignorant when it comes to other’s players

What sort of player is he and who would he perhaps deputise for ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:06 - Jan 2 with 3595 viewspointofblue

I thought Football League World was an unreliable source?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:07 - Jan 2 with 3573 viewsBobsthename

Don’t think he is worth it personally if he was any good he would be playing championship football.
2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 3519 viewsIllinoisblue

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:06 - Jan 2 by pointofblue

Indeed. They just recycle BS for clicks

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:09 - Jan 2 with 3521 viewsKieran_Knows

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:52 - Jan 2 by SomethingBlue

Given we was interested in the summer, you’d have to say he’s a top target of McKenna’s. I suspect that figure isn’t a million miles off. Perhaps £1.25m with add ons will get it done.

Login to get fewer ads

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:10 - Jan 2 with 3503 viewsKentish_Tractor

I know the chairman quoted a massively over-inflated price at the start of the season and their actual acceptable value will be nowhere near that - but I can't see them accepting 1m. Although if they turn this one down I'd say move on. Although I trust McKenna's recruitment if he wants him - 1m should be maximum for a midfielder with 3 goals and only one assist - hardly set the world alight against us either. If we're going to splash the cash - i'd rather go all out for a striker, bearing in mind we have evans and morsey who are perfectly capable at this level, Humphries as decent backup option - and then probably take Luongo on as a free.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:10 - Jan 2 with 3481 viewsCokeIsKey

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:06 - Jan 2 by pointofblue

It is - they probably saw the twtd article on us being interested and decided to stick their neck out and say we’ve bid for him with the possibly of it improving their reputation - they’ve been guessing signings for the last few years.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:12 - Jan 2 with 3431 viewsFrimleyBlue

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:09 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

Given we was interested in the summer, you’d have to say he’s a top target of McKenna’s. I suspect that figure isn’t a million miles off. Perhaps £1.25m with add ons will get it done.

KN. You're quite knowledgeable of players in this league. What's Taylor like? Is he a 10 or a more of a competitor for the Morsy/Evans positions?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:17 - Jan 2 with 3283 viewsKieran_Knows

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:12 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

KN. You're quite knowledgeable of players in this league. What's Taylor like? Is he a 10 or a more of a competitor for the Morsy/Evans positions?

From the few times I have seen him play (whether live or on telly), it’s mainly been at centre mid. I do wonder if McKenna does see him occupying one of the number 10 positions though as I can’t see us spending the best part of £1.5m for him to sit on the bench as a CM option (as personally can’t see him getting a game ahead of Morsy & Evans.

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:20 - Jan 2 with 3194 viewsnoggin

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:07 - Jan 2 by Bobsthename

Don’t think he is worth it personally if he was any good he would be playing championship football.

So not one of our current squad is worth a million, otherwise they'd be playing in The Championship?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:25 - Jan 2 with 3040 viewsaardvaark

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:07 - Jan 2 by Bobsthename

Plus it won't be a genuine story as Town do not normally give much away.

Poll: When, not if, will Jewell go?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:27 - Jan 2 with 2968 viewsSomethingBlue

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:25 - Jan 2 by aardvaark

Plus it won't be a genuine story as Town do not normally give much away.

Posh considerably leakier tbf.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:41 - Jan 2 with 2681 viewsTalkingBlues

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:12 - Jan 2 by FrimleyBlue

Box to box is the best way of summing him up

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:49 - Jan 2 with 2513 viewsitfcjoe

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:53 - Jan 2 by ITFCBlues

He’s a long term target so if we could get him would be great business

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:52 - Jan 2 with 2412 viewsKieran_Knows

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 12:53 - Jan 2 by ITFCBlues

Luongo will be seen as an experienced CM to help give us options until the end of season and knows the area/club.

Taylor, whilst of course we want him to make an instant impact, will be seen as a long term investment, ala Leif Davis.

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:53 - Jan 2 with 2375 viewspointofblue

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 13:52 - Jan 2 by Kieran_Knows

Luongo will be seen as an experienced CM to help give us options until the end of season and knows the area/club.

Taylor, whilst of course we want him to make an instant impact, will be seen as a long term investment, ala Leif Davis.

If Camara’s injury is long term we could do with both.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 14:20 - Jan 2 with 1969 viewsBroadhill

Cannot see the fuss in this guy. Pretty much unrated by posh fans.
2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 14:24 - Jan 2 with 1887 viewsZapers

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 14:20 - Jan 2 by Broadhill

Bit like you being unrated by Ipswich fans;)
2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 14:27 - Jan 2 with 1834 viewsnoggin

We do have a few posh fans but the majority of us are common country folk.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

2nd bid going in for Jack Taylor at Peterborough… on 14:44 - Jan 2 with 1649 viewsStokieBlue

What do you actually get out of this?

It's very weird.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024