Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So what do we will think of Prince Harry 16:45 - Jan 5 with 11766 viewsKeno

And his latest disclosures then?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:06 - Jan 7 with 1852 viewsXYZ

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 00:58 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

Blind spot?

That's the biggest kettle - pot - thing I have ever heard.

Danny Baker is a daft leftie anti royalist - he just thinks all the Royal Family are apes.

Do you genuinely believe Danny Baker is racist????

May I ask how old you are.

Oh please.

Did he post ape pictures of Will and Kate's kids?

Danny Baker posted a racist tweet. Ask your mate GB for guidance on this.

I'm about he same age as you.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:08 - Jan 7 with 1829 viewsLord_Lucan

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:06 - Jan 7 by XYZ

Oh please.

We disagree massively and we will never understand each others point on this

Let's leave it
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 1:10]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:16 - Jan 7 with 1800 viewsXYZ

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:08 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

We disagree massively and we will never understand each others point on this

Let's leave it
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 1:10]

Cool, I'm not after a fight.

You left what I consider to be reasonable questions unanswered and walked away.

IMO Danny Baker poster a racist tweet - I think it's plain to see.

I don't understand why you defend it and draw the natural conclusions.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:23 - Jan 7 with 1768 viewsLord_Lucan

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:16 - Jan 7 by XYZ

I'm not walking away

Two things

1/ I need to go to biddy beds because I have a 3 hour drive in the very early morning.

2/ We will never agree, we will spend 3 hours going round in circles and getting angry.

See you later alligator.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:31 - Jan 7 with 1764 viewsXYZ

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:23 - Jan 7 by Lord_Lucan

I'm not walking away

Two things

1/ I need to go to biddy beds because I have a 3 hour drive in the very early morning.

2/ We will never agree, we will spend 3 hours going round in circles and getting angry.

See you later alligator.

It would have been easier and quicker to answer the questions, boyo!

Maybe you'll do so tomorrow, when you have the time.

One can only make conclusions on what's up there in the meantime.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:45 - Jan 7 with 1724 viewsLord_Lucan

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:31 - Jan 7 by XYZ

It would have been easier and quicker to answer the questions, boyo!

Maybe you'll do so tomorrow, when you have the time.

One can only make conclusions on what's up there in the meantime.

I'm still here, I can't go until the album has finished, currently listening to The Rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust baby.

Not sure what question I haven't answered, enlighten me.

Edit - but, Come on come on, you better hang on to your self

Edit Edit - Henry get off the phone
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 2:06]

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:17 - Jan 7 with 1564 viewsChurchman

One thing that’s very strange is the kill count claim (for the want of a better way of putting it). Maybe it’s been misrepresented in the media and there’s a reason. But if not, why mention it? The link explains it far better than I can.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/06/army-veterans-criticise-prince-h
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 8:20]
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:20 - Jan 7 with 1560 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:06 - Jan 7 by XYZ

Oh please.

Why are you mentioning me yet again in one of your posts? I put your on ignore because of this constant obsession but thought it tune to five you another chance, the first thread I see you on, I get a mention.

Cut it out please.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:37 - Jan 7 with 1530 viewsDJR

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 01:16 - Jan 7 by XYZ

I thought I would try to answer this because I agree with Lord Lucan.

As a committed anti-racist, I don't believe Danny Baker is a racist, or had racist intentions in posting the tweet. Indeed, a public figure with racist intentions would realise that such a tweet would end their career, as it has with Danny Baker.

Here's a link to his explanation at the time

And here's a link to an interview he did with James O'Brien, who would surely not have interviewed him if he thought he was a racist.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/full-disclosure-james-obrien/danny-baker-ba

Danny Baker is a unique broadcaster, and I think it it a real shame he has been banished from the airways for something I believe was a stupid error.

Incidentally, a tweet of his in the last 24 hours (the contents of which I set out below) seems to me to sum up the discussion about strikes better than anything I've seen.

"So much rhetoric about the "right to strike".
If you do a job and you feel you are being f**ked about: Strike.
Withdraw your labour.
That's it.
What else can you do?
Chatter about it? Post a blog? Write a think piece column for a paper? No.
STRIKE. Your labour has worth."
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:49 - Jan 7 with 1494 viewsDJR

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:17 - Jan 7 by Churchman

One thing that’s very strange is the kill count claim (for the want of a better way of putting it). Maybe it’s been misrepresented in the media and there’s a reason. But if not, why mention it? The link explains it far better than I can.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jan/06/army-veterans-criticise-prince-h
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 8:20]

But isn't he only elaborating on things he has already said before, when he admitted he had killed in Afghanistan? I don't recall former military men then coming out and saying he shouldn't talk about killing, but then again, he was a hero then, and is now public enemy no. 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-21136621
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 09:24 - Jan 7 with 1466 viewsRob88

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:37 - Jan 7 by DJR

As a committed anti-racist, I don't believe Danny Baker is a racist, or had racist intentions in posting the tweet. Indeed, a public figure with racist intentions would realise that such a tweet would end their career, as it has with Danny Baker.

And here's a link to an interview he did with James O'Brien, who would surely not have interviewed him if he thought he was a racist.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/full-disclosure-james-obrien/danny-baker-ba

Danny Baker is a unique broadcaster, and I think it it a real shame he has been banished from the airways for something I believe was a stupid error.

Incidentally, a tweet of his in the last 24 hours (the contents of which I set out below) seems to me to sum up the discussion about strikes better than anything I've seen.

Withdraw your labour.
That's it.
What else can you do?

What was the joke though?

Like I said I think only Danny knows what he meant (joke or otherwise).

Edit: just watched a clip of his James O’Brien interview. He does profess complete ignorance as opposed to anything else.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 9:33]
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 09:34 - Jan 7 with 1457 viewsRob88

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 16:45 - Jan 5 by homer_123

Show me someone that hasn't punched a sibling....

Yes at the age of 5. Not at the age of 35.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 09:44 - Jan 7 with 1433 viewsChurchman

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:49 - Jan 7 by DJR

But isn't he only elaborating on things he has already said before, when he admitted he had killed in Afghanistan? I don't recall former military men then coming out and saying he shouldn't talk about killing, but then again, he was a hero then, and is now public enemy no. 1.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-21136621

I don’t remember him talking about numbers, video game style, but quite frankly, I have rarely listed to what he’s had to say on anything much.

All I’m saying is that there is a certain ‘code’ in the military about what is talked about publicly and what isn’t. If you break that, it tends not to end well for you, other than financially in his case, of course.

I’ve a lunch next week with some friends who know far more about his military time and I’ll be interested in their views on his disclosures, in the unlikely event they express them.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:05 - Jan 7 with 1397 viewsBlueandTruesince82

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 09:24 - Jan 7 by Rob88

What was the joke though?

Like I said I think only Danny knows what he meant (joke or otherwise).

Edit: just watched a clip of his James O’Brien interview. He does profess complete ignorance as opposed to anything else.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 9:33]

The joke was that the royals, all them, are idiots. Even if Dany Baker is a massive racist (he's not) 1 example from a man who's career has been limited to radio for the last decade anyway is not exactly evidence of a mountain of press negativity over the union. The coverage was overwhelmingly positive everywhere.

Subsequently that changed as stories of behaviour towards staff and others came out, I can't comment on the truth of those stories but one imagines they came from somewhere.

Now as for Harry, too many things have been twisted in his narrative for me to find much of what he says believable.

For example the compliant that the press intrude on the children and giving school as a terrifying example. Yet there has been a long standing agreement that they get 1 opportunity on the first day and the left alone. Not the
constant hounding it was made out to be. There was a similar example about press at an event yet that turned out to be 1 photographe, agreed with thre palace beforehad and eveyone was made aware. He was hardly hiding in the bushes.

The netflix doc, despite having plenty of shots of paperazzi being paperazzi hardly featurs any instaces of rhe press following them. It does show phtogrohers at a Garry Potter junket and outside court for some Katie Price thing.

The talibam story is quite morbid and agree not at all soiderly.

So the people who just want to be normal private citezens away from the press have done 1 Opra interview, 1 netflix doc, 1 book which is being promted by a book tour without even a hint of irony being acknowleged.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:14 - Jan 7 with 1369 viewsRob88

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:05 - Jan 7 by BlueandTruesince82

The joke was that the royals, all them, are idiots. Even if Dany Baker is a massive racist (he's not) 1 example from a man who's career has been limited to radio for the last decade anyway is not exactly evidence of a mountain of press negativity over the union. The coverage was overwhelmingly positive everywhere.

Subsequently that changed as stories of behaviour towards staff and others came out, I can't comment on the truth of those stories but one imagines they came from somewhere.

Now as for Harry, too many things have been twisted in his narrative for me to find much of what he says believable.

For example the compliant that the press intrude on the children and giving school as a terrifying example. Yet there has been a long standing agreement that they get 1 opportunity on the first day and the left alone. Not the
constant hounding it was made out to be. There was a similar example about press at an event yet that turned out to be 1 photographe, agreed with thre palace beforehad and eveyone was made aware. He was hardly hiding in the bushes.

The netflix doc, despite having plenty of shots of paperazzi being paperazzi hardly featurs any instaces of rhe press following them. It does show phtogrohers at a Garry Potter junket and outside court for some Katie Price thing.

The talibam story is quite morbid and agree not at all soiderly.

So the people who just want to be normal private citezens away from the press have done 1 Opra interview, 1 netflix doc, 1 book which is being promted by a book tour without even a hint of irony being acknowleged.

I don’t think you’ve watched all 6 episodes.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:36 - Jan 7 with 1323 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 08:37 - Jan 7 by DJR

Withdraw your labour.
That's it.
What else can you do?

We did this back at the time of hios tweet.

Danny Baker sacked from 5 Live by itfcjoe 9 May 2019 10:37
These things are just mad, he's made a mistake, deleted the offending tweet as soon as pointed out to him and offered a full apology instantly and explained he wasn't aware.

I'd hate to be in the public eye in anyway, must be torturous

This was my view:

"I think the people who immediately saw it as being racist, are aware that associating the baby of a woman from African American heritage with a monkey, are acutely aware of the connotations such an image holds.

And as [redacted] has previously said much has been made of Megan's ethnic background since her wedding to Harry.

Like I said last night, there were 4 opportunities to pause and reflect before hitting the post button on DB's tweet. As somebody who has worked in the media for over thirty years, writing scripts and jokes and understanding the red lines that can't be crossed when doing so, I can't believe he is that naive.

I keep wanting to give DB the benefit of the doubt but just can't convince myself he'd be that naive".

That thread created TWTD's finest comedy gold oent.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 10:40]

Iron Lion Zion

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:42 - Jan 7 with 1296 viewslowhouseblue

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:36 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

These things are just mad, he's made a mistake, deleted the offending tweet as soon as pointed out to him and offered a full apology instantly and explained he wasn't aware.

This was my view:

"I think the people who immediately saw it as being racist, are aware that associating the baby of a woman from African American heritage with a monkey, are acutely aware of the connotations such an image holds.

And as [redacted] has previously said much has been made of Megan's ethnic background since her wedding to Harry.

Like I said last night, there were 4 opportunities to pause and reflect before hitting the post button on DB's tweet. As somebody who has worked in the media for over thirty years, writing scripts and jokes and understanding the red lines that can't be crossed when doing so, I can't believe he is that naive.

I keep wanting to give DB the benefit of the doubt but just can't convince myself he'd be that naive".

it was an idiotic thing to post - and it's hard to see how someone who lives and works in the media world didn't see that straight away.

all i can think it that he was focused on them being posh and privileged and within that mindset lost sight of her being mixed race. the joke was that these people are so privileged and out of touch that their baby will leave hospital in a 3 piece suit and bowler.

i can certainly imagine him posting the same photo had the rees moggs had a baby.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:02 - Jan 7 with 1250 viewsDJR

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 10:36 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

This was my view:

As someone fairly new to the general tab, I don't realise that certain issues have already been dealt with, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

The only thing I would say is that I find this part of the board rather addictive, so perhaps I'll have to ration my contributions. Otherwise, in twenty years time as an old hand, I'll be pulling out something I said now, in response to a newbie.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 11:03]
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:03 - Jan 7 with 1233 viewsGlasgowBlue

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:02 - Jan 7 by DJR

As someone fairly new to the general tab, I don't realise that certain issues have already been dealt with, but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised.

The only thing I would say is that I find this part of the board rather addictive, so perhaps I'll have to ration my contributions. Otherwise, in twenty years time as an old hand, I'll be pulling out something I said now, in response to a newbie.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 11:03]

You're part of the furniture now mate.

Iron Lion Zion

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:05 - Jan 7 with 1222 viewsDJR

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:03 - Jan 7 by GlasgowBlue

You're part of the furniture now mate.

You're probably right.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:31 - Jan 7 with 1178 viewsTractorWood

[Redacted] on 17:03 - Jan 5 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Agree. Has has nothing to lose so is just taking the cash and firing the blame cannon indiscriminately. Fair enough.

Easy to underestimate how losing a parent seismically traumatises a young family.

Only thing he shouldn't have done is talk about his Afghanistan stuff. That's genuinely stupid and dangerous.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 1130 viewsChurchman

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:31 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

Agree. Has has nothing to lose so is just taking the cash and firing the blame cannon indiscriminately. Fair enough.

Easy to underestimate how losing a parent seismically traumatises a young family.

Only thing he shouldn't have done is talk about his Afghanistan stuff. That's genuinely stupid and dangerous.

Actually, I think he has everything to lose. The most precious thing he has is his family, particularly his brother (beyond his immediate family of course). The second thing he stands to lose potentially is his military ‘family’ and connections.

What does he stand to gain? Money. But they were never going to be short of that, so they’re actually gaining nothing in real terms - in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 11:43]
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:53 - Jan 7 with 1108 viewsTractorWood

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:43 - Jan 7 by Churchman

Actually, I think he has everything to lose. The most precious thing he has is his family, particularly his brother (beyond his immediate family of course). The second thing he stands to lose potentially is his military ‘family’ and connections.

What does he stand to gain? Money. But they were never going to be short of that, so they’re actually gaining nothing in real terms - in my opinion.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 11:43]

He's arguably already lost the wider family to some degree. I think he's trying to salvage it with nuclear tactics.

I definitely don't think money is a material factor (but it is a factor). I see a headstrong, traumatised individual who doesn't like the way the system works. Primogeniture has absolutely screwed him too tbf. That was also adjusted back, so it literally just mugged him off.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2023 11:58]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:59 - Jan 7 with 1094 viewsRob88

The front page of the daily star this morning made me chuckle, despite my feelings on the subject.
So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 12:05 - Jan 7 with 1086 viewsDJR

So what do we will think of Prince Harry on 11:59 - Jan 7 by Rob88

The front page of the daily star this morning made me chuckle, despite my feelings on the subject.

Its headlines these days are nearly always very funny.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024