Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frustrating but we'll reel Plymouth in 17:05 - Jan 14 with 7759 viewsNutkins_Return

Couldn't afford to lose today and we haven't. Should have won but we move forward. Long season and we'll overtake them.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:16]
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 5175 viewsIllinoisblue

Plymouth are a good team, no doubt about it. We played okay but a few influential players were not at it. Evans and Davis in particular both poor.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:08 - Jan 14 with 5155 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't think we will after that. They are the real deal. Too consistent and they have added the depth we hoped they didn't have.

Saying that, some of the play off it is posts are pathetic and we can still get automatic. Feb 11th is going to be even bigger than that.

Very disappointing but nowhere near over.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:09 - Jan 14 with 5145 viewsWD19

It was a ‘must win’ and we didn’t. There is no way of polishing that turd.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 5084 viewsKievthegreat

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:09 - Jan 14 by WD19

60 points to play for still. There are no must win games in January.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 5075 viewsDavoIPB

No won't overtake them. They are way better than every team in this league apart from us and sheff Wed and they have taken 4 points off us.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:11 - Jan 14 with 5058 viewsGuthrum

In no way was it a "must win". The game against Wednesay is much more so than today. What is most important is to beat as many of the teams below the top three as we can.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:13 - Jan 14 with 5009 viewsIllinoisblue

No. It was a must not lose.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:17 - Jan 14 with 4892 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Had to win to finish above them IMO, it’s a bad day however people want to try spin it. Between us and Wednesday now more than likely and look what they just done at Wycombe compared to what we showed out before Christmas. Stuff like that will be the difference I fear. Too many late goals and dropped points from winning positions also.

A pretty bad return from Christmas meant today was needed.
Login to get fewer ads

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:19 - Jan 14 with 4761 viewsbelgablue

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:13 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

This was my thought at the end. At least we didn't lose. Need to shake off this blip. That's three draws in the last few weeks that all should have been wins. Hopefully we can turn it around asap.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:21 - Jan 14 with 4694 viewsNutkins_Return

Ridiculous. You are confusing "I really want us to win" with it was "must win". We are 7 behind with a game in hand. A draw or a win gets us to within 2 results in our favour overtaking them. We won't overcome them in a 2-3 weeks like we might have with a win but we have months to go. I believe we will overtake them. Derby are still a potential threat but it's up to us now to go on a run. Plymouth have a lot of tough fixtures ahead in the next few weeks.

We are 4 points off 2nd and we play them at home soon as well. How in the world was this must win.

We're fine. We're just not out there ahead.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:23]
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:21 - Jan 14 with 4665 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:13 - Jan 14 by Illinoisblue

Nope, at home packed house, 7 points behind them with a game in hand. Are your aspirations to spar it out for second or catch Plymouth? A point is a great result for them and a bad one for us.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:23 - Jan 14 with 4610 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:21 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

Ridiculous. You are confusing "I really want us to win" with it was "must win". We are 7 behind with a game in hand. A draw or a win gets us to within 2 results in our favour overtaking them. We won't overcome them in a 2-3 weeks like we might have with a win but we have months to go. I believe we will overtake them. Derby are still a potential threat but it's up to us now to go on a run. Plymouth have a lot of tough fixtures ahead in the next few weeks.

We are 4 points off 2nd and we play them at home soon as well. How in the world was this must win.

We're fine. We're just not out there ahead.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:23]

Look at the table going into the Wycombe game and now look it. We are not exactly fine, we don’t play Plymouth again either.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 4577 viewsZurichBlue

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:11 - Jan 14 by Guthrum

In no way was it a "must win". The game against Wednesay is much more so than today. What is most important is to beat as many of the teams below the top three as we can.

Rose tinted ….
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:25]
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:24 - Jan 14 with 4568 viewsNutkins_Return

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:21 - Jan 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Nope, at home packed house, 7 points behind them with a game in hand. Are your aspirations to spar it out for second or catch Plymouth? A point is a great result for them and a bad one for us.

It's a better result for them. My aspirations are to get promoted. I can see our position for what it is. A good one at this stage of the season.

(Obviously we would like to be too now. But nothing is even close to being decided).
Frustrating but we'll reel Plymouth in on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 4528 viewsFtnfwest

Not good but it’s one game against a good team. Win the game in hand against morecambe at home and it’s 4 points gap with 3 and a bit months left. I’m concentrating on Plymouth because Wednesday seem pretty unstoppable tbh
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:25 - Jan 14 with 4525 viewsJ2BLUE

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:21 - Jan 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It was a great point for them, no doubt.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:26 - Jan 14 with 4495 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:19 - Jan 14 by belgablue

This was my thought at the end. At least we didn't lose. Need to shake off this blip. That's three draws in the last few weeks that all should have been wins. Hopefully we can turn it around asap.

“At least we didn’t lose”

Do you want to put up a good fight or do you want to win the fight? You lot have a massive losing mentality (maybe been watching Town too long) and will probably talk about progress if we lose in the playoffs. You can’t keep missing these opportunities.
Frustrating but we'll reel Plymouth in on 17:32 - Jan 14 with 4392 viewsMullet

Think we've given away the title after that, needlessly too. 2nd is fine and if we win the playoffs no one will care but to not go up is a massive failure.

Frustrating they got rub the green at their place at both ends and didn't pick up some bookings rather bafflingly today, but they are a decent side happy to do what we're not and lump it long routinely.

Walton looked so uncomfortable with his feet and when he started to lump it, you could see we didn't know how to handle it and just gave possession away. Evans improved in the second half but got swamped too often in the middle and let them overturn possession.

Neither were alone in poor decision making or being unable to stamp themselves on the game either. I thought Woolfy did some excellent things and Freddie was unlucky to stud the ball when he needed to hit it cleanly as Wes was open.

Curious as to what has happened to Edmundson to go from our next Adam Webster to persona non grata.

We've had a rough patch with this illness, but relying on similar to happen to these and Wednesday isn't enough. There's every reason to think the game in hand and ground can be made up but it's become needlessly difficult now.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:34 - Jan 14 with 4340 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:24 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

It's a better result for them. My aspirations are to get promoted. I can see our position for what it is. A good one at this stage of the season.

(Obviously we would like to be too now. But nothing is even close to being decided).

There’s seeing a chance and being in the drivers seat to do so. A poor festive period meant a win today was needed IMO.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:38 - Jan 14 with 4253 viewsNutkins_Return

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:34 - Jan 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

There’s seeing a chance and being in the drivers seat to do so. A poor festive period meant a win today was needed IMO.

A win would have been a really important one. We didn't get it. That's also important. But I still back us to overtake them. I take no pleasure in is making it more difficult.

The emotion after one result is getting the better of people. Understandable to a degree.

I don't think we are SO far apart. I agree we are. Ot in the driver's seat. Is it over. Absolutely not. Not even close.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:40 - Jan 14 with 4209 viewsGuthrum

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:24 - Jan 14 by ZurichBlue

Rose tinted ….
[Post edited 14 Jan 2023 17:25]

If we keep up our form so far in the remaining 20 games, that'll put us on around 91 points. That's more than the third-placed team has accrued going back over ten years (more than the champions in several seasons). We will be there or thereabouts for the automatics so long as things don't drop.

A draw with the divisional leaders is actually an improvement on what we managed in the first half of the season.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:41 - Jan 14 with 4146 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:38 - Jan 14 by Nutkins_Return

A win would have been a really important one. We didn't get it. That's also important. But I still back us to overtake them. I take no pleasure in is making it more difficult.

The emotion after one result is getting the better of people. Understandable to a degree.

I don't think we are SO far apart. I agree we are. Ot in the driver's seat. Is it over. Absolutely not. Not even close.

It’s not one result, that’s the point and why we had to beat them today. They’ll see it out above us now. Hope I’m wrong.

Far too many people try to spin positives when we keep bottling it. I hate to use that phrase but we you look at points dropped from winning positions it’s hard to say we don’t.
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 18:34 - Jan 14 with 3557 viewsReusersTown

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:41 - Jan 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It’s not one result, that’s the point and why we had to beat them today. They’ll see it out above us now. Hope I’m wrong.

Far too many people try to spin positives when we keep bottling it. I hate to use that phrase but we you look at points dropped from winning positions it’s hard to say we don’t.

Lol at see it out. They're potentially 4 points ahead with 60 to play for! I'd much rather positive spin that the negative spin some are spewing out.
Frustrating but we'll reel Plymouth in on 19:35 - Jan 14 with 3217 viewsbilllm

Your in a dream world,
Today was the day
Bottlers blew that, we will be 4 th at best,
Sheff
Plymouth
Derby
Town if we're lucky,
Were treading water,
Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 19:38 - Jan 14 with 3191 viewsbilllm

Frustrating but we'll real Plymouth in on 17:19 - Jan 14 by belgablue

At least we didn't lose is getting us no where end of,
You must be part of the blue tinted brigade,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024