Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. 22:24 - Jan 24 with 5190 viewsGlasgowBlue

Put their bodies and heads on everything. Keogh was also a much needed leader in defence. Never stopped talking throughout the game.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:30 - Jan 24 with 3265 viewsdavblue

A real shame Keogh isn’t 27.

Maybe the other 3 who played on Saturday aren’t big talkers but it was exactly what we needed.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:31 - Jan 24 with 3249 viewsRyorry

Was pretty reassuring to see Fridge back; and an astute move by KM to bring Keogh in with his experience & leadership to marshall our defence. Rather highlights why he's our Manager & TWTders aren't! 😂

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:33 - Jan 24 with 3215 viewspointofblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:30 - Jan 24 by davblue

A real shame Keogh isn’t 27.

Maybe the other 3 who played on Saturday aren’t big talkers but it was exactly what we needed.

The best we can hope for he gives the others the confidence to talk at the back and how to control the line. Saying that, Morecambe were very little threat but they did what they needed to do.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:34 - Jan 24 with 3200 viewsHerbivore

They didn't have a lot to do as Morecambe were awful but what they had to do, they did well. Still don't think Keogh is anything other than back up for the remainder of the season but I'd be tempted to get Fridge back in alongside Woolf.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:35 - Jan 24 with 3179 viewsdavblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:33 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

The best we can hope for he gives the others the confidence to talk at the back and how to control the line. Saying that, Morecambe were very little threat but they did what they needed to do.

Yeah they were, I don’t know if I would put him in a big game now, if you had legs around I suspect he would be fine. Tonight we needed his calmness and experience, just to settle things down and talk the other 2 boys through the game.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:47 - Jan 24 with 3049 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Wouldn't mind Keogh to play more often instead of any of 3 CB's who got dropped tonight.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:54 - Jan 24 with 2968 viewspointofblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:47 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Wouldn't mind Keogh to play more often instead of any of 3 CB's who got dropped tonight.

See how he copes against decent opposition who put us under some pressure at the back. Same with Edmundson.

Both did well tonight.

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:58 - Jan 24 with 2894 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:34 - Jan 24 by Herbivore

They didn't have a lot to do as Morecambe were awful but what they had to do, they did well. Still don't think Keogh is anything other than back up for the remainder of the season but I'd be tempted to get Fridge back in alongside Woolf.

I think we will see more of Keogh in games where we are expected to dominate possession, but may be susceptible to the odd Ariel bombardment.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:58 - Jan 24 with 2882 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:54 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

See how he copes against decent opposition who put us under some pressure at the back. Same with Edmundson.

Both did well tonight.

Edmundson over Burgess......all day long ! Any time ! Any day ! Any opposition.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:00 - Jan 24 with 2847 viewspointofblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:58 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Edmundson over Burgess......all day long ! Any time ! Any day ! Any opposition.

Agreed.

I think McKenna did the right thing taking him out of the firing line when he did, as he was struggling at the time, but perhaps he should have been brought back in sooner.

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:13 - Jan 24 with 2789 viewsvilanovablue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:35 - Jan 24 by davblue

Yeah they were, I don’t know if I would put him in a big game now, if you had legs around I suspect he would be fine. Tonight we needed his calmness and experience, just to settle things down and talk the other 2 boys through the game.

Wonder if Clarke coming in makes Keogh a better option. We'll be busy both sides and Keogh sits deeper mopping up?
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:15 - Jan 24 with 2773 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:00 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

Agreed.

I think McKenna did the right thing taking him out of the firing line when he did, as he was struggling at the time, but perhaps he should have been brought back in sooner.

No disrespect to either Burgess and Accrington. But Burgess is an Accrington Stanley quality.

Edmundson had been dropped for some poor moments, OK I get that. But nowhere near as awful as Burgess against Oxford. The latter is bang unrealiable.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:17 - Jan 24 with 2749 viewsmarchy

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 22:58 - Jan 24 by GlasgowBlue

I think we will see more of Keogh in games where we are expected to dominate possession, but may be susceptible to the odd Ariel bombardment.

He did put in a pretty Dazzling display tonight.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:19 - Jan 24 with 2749 viewsGuthrum

That, really, was why we signed Keogh as a player.

Also, at the end he was going round hugging all the team, saying a few words, patting backs. You can see why he was captain material and will likely make a good manager.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:26 - Jan 24 with 2682 viewsvilanovablue

They may also start at Burnley.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:26 - Jan 24 with 2663 viewspointofblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:15 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

No disrespect to either Burgess and Accrington. But Burgess is an Accrington Stanley quality.

Edmundson had been dropped for some poor moments, OK I get that. But nowhere near as awful as Burgess against Oxford. The latter is bang unrealiable.

I don't think we'll get a better third/fourth choice centre back than Burgess at this level (dependent on Keogh's fitness), but an in form Edmundson has to be there. I thought Burgess played better than Edmundson when he first came in but form is temporary and class is permanent.

The issue is, if Keogh's age means we can't or don't want to play him every game, who comes in? Burgess on the left to switch Edmundson to the right, or Woolfenden?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:32 - Jan 24 with 2631 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:26 - Jan 24 by pointofblue

I don't think we'll get a better third/fourth choice centre back than Burgess at this level (dependent on Keogh's fitness), but an in form Edmundson has to be there. I thought Burgess played better than Edmundson when he first came in but form is temporary and class is permanent.

The issue is, if Keogh's age means we can't or don't want to play him every game, who comes in? Burgess on the left to switch Edmundson to the right, or Woolfenden?

Bang on ! The form is temporary but the class is permanent ! Edmundson is by far a better player than Burgess.

Fitness wise give me Keogh over Burgess all day long too.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 01:00 - Jan 25 with 2432 viewsquad

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:17 - Jan 24 by marchy

He did put in a pretty Dazzling display tonight.

Yeah. He put in a Bold performance.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 01:52 - Jan 25 with 2382 viewsRyorry

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 01:00 - Jan 25 by quad

Yeah. He put in a Bold performance.

And we didn't get rinsed in injury time like at Charlton.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 04:18 - Jan 25 with 2287 viewsBondiBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 23:32 - Jan 24 by Mach_foreignBlue

Bang on ! The form is temporary but the class is permanent ! Edmundson is by far a better player than Burgess.

Fitness wise give me Keogh over Burgess all day long too.

But if your form is up and down like edmundson's has been all season, class doesn't matter. Burgess for me, 9 games out of ten he's dominant at this level. Edmundson dominates 5 games out of ten. Burgess isn't agile or quick enough for the championship but let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 06:56 - Jan 25 with 2143 viewstractorboy1978

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 04:18 - Jan 25 by BondiBlue

But if your form is up and down like edmundson's has been all season, class doesn't matter. Burgess for me, 9 games out of ten he's dominant at this level. Edmundson dominates 5 games out of ten. Burgess isn't agile or quick enough for the championship but let's cross that bridge if and when we come to it.

Burgess is probably a better stopper but Edmundson is significantly better on the ball than Burgess and capable of stepping forwards with it. In games like last night that is more important. There is still a role for both of them to play this season.
Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 07:01 - Jan 25 with 2099 viewsBondiBlue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 06:56 - Jan 25 by tractorboy1978

Burgess is probably a better stopper but Edmundson is significantly better on the ball than Burgess and capable of stepping forwards with it. In games like last night that is more important. There is still a role for both of them to play this season.

Edmundson can move forwards with the ball, is quicker and more agile, so better at defending vs. pace (although still not anywhere near as good as donacien or woolfenden because he still tends to dive in when he shouldn't). In all other departments i'd say burgess is superior. Better in the air, better positionally, better tackling, better passing. I wonder how long edmundson will be happy being the clear third choice.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 07:32 - Jan 25 with 1969 viewsHerbivore

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 07:01 - Jan 25 by BondiBlue

Edmundson can move forwards with the ball, is quicker and more agile, so better at defending vs. pace (although still not anywhere near as good as donacien or woolfenden because he still tends to dive in when he shouldn't). In all other departments i'd say burgess is superior. Better in the air, better positionally, better tackling, better passing. I wonder how long edmundson will be happy being the clear third choice.

Not sure I'd agree Burgess is a better passer than Fridge. Think positioning is very much up for debate as well, given that some of Burgess' recent culpability for goals has partly been down to him being in the wrong place to stop a shot or prevent a man going past him. Burgess looked excellent when he first came back into the side, but the last 6 weeks or so he's been pretty mediocre.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 08:25 - Jan 25 with 1814 viewsArnieM

That was a proper defence last night and I don’t want it to change.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 08:36 - Jan 25 with 1758 viewspointofblue

Keogh and Fridge were solid tonight. on 08:25 - Jan 25 by ArnieM

That was a proper defence last night and I don’t want it to change.

It's easy to be a proper defence when up against a near non-existent attack.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024