Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotation will be KMac's downfall 07:51 - Feb 16 with 2134 viewsLowie

We sign Clarke, Hirst and Broadhead at considerable expense to improve us.

They all sit on the bench... What do the American's think?
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 07:55 - Feb 16 with 2080 viewsMattinLondon

They probably think, judge the situation at the end of the season and ascertain what lessons can be learnt.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 07:56 - Feb 16 with 2077 viewsFixed_It

They think the manager knows more about football than you.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 07:57 - Feb 16 with 2071 viewsElephantintheRoom

If Carrick gets Middlesbrough into the Premier League on a smaller budget they might also think Ashton signed the wrong failing Man U coach

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:01 - Feb 16 with 2033 viewsMattinLondon

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 07:57 - Feb 16 by ElephantintheRoom

If Carrick gets Middlesbrough into the Premier League on a smaller budget they might also think Ashton signed the wrong failing Man U coach

Pathetic comment.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:01 - Feb 16 with 2028 viewsElephantintheRoom

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:01 - Feb 16 by MattinLondon

Pathetic comment.

Ditto.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:10 - Feb 16 with 2000 viewsHerbivore

Another genius who has noticed after 14 months in charge that McKenna rotates his team selection.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:13 - Feb 16 with 1969 viewsStokieBlue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:01 - Feb 16 by MattinLondon

Pathetic comment.

He's a long term troll, it's around the average level of his comments to be honest

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:31 - Feb 16 with 1888 viewsMattinLondon

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:13 - Feb 16 by StokieBlue

He's a long term troll, it's around the average level of his comments to be honest

SB

Yeah, I know he’s a troll and due to a rather strange principle on my part, I can’t put him on ignore. But he is quite grating.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:33 - Feb 16 with 1877 viewsStokieBlue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:31 - Feb 16 by MattinLondon

Yeah, I know he’s a troll and due to a rather strange principle on my part, I can’t put him on ignore. But he is quite grating.

Fully understand that principle, I have nobody on ignore.

SB

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 08:37 - Feb 16 with 1830 viewsChurchman

Very grating. No light and shade, nothing positive, same old same old. Boring.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:03 - Feb 16 with 1744 viewsJuggsy

oof, accidental upvote - don't judge me!
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:05 - Feb 16 with 1728 viewsWestcountryblue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 07:55 - Feb 16 by MattinLondon

They probably think, judge the situation at the end of the season and ascertain what lessons can be learnt.

I'm not too sure we/they can afford to wait to the end of the season.
That will be 3 seasons in League One under their ownership, each at the expense of 10m in TV revenue lost. 10m has been spent to assemble this squad and quite frankly they deserve more, as do we the fans.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:07 - Feb 16 with 1711 viewsHerbivore

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:05 - Feb 16 by Westcountryblue

That will be 3 seasons in League One under their ownership, each at the expense of 10m in TV revenue lost. 10m has been spent to assemble this squad and quite frankly they deserve more, as do we the fans.

It's two seasons, they came in after the January transfer window had shut in 2020/21 so I really don't think we can chalk that up as a Gamechanger season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:13 - Feb 16 with 1686 viewsStokieBlue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:05 - Feb 16 by Westcountryblue

It's not really clear but are you saying they should be looking to change things and replace McKenna now?

SB

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:15 - Feb 16 with 1657 viewsWickets

And that appears to be his soul ambition in life !
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:19 - Feb 16 with 1621 viewsBiGDonnie

In what world do M'boro have a smaller budget than us?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:21 - Feb 16 with 1611 viewsWestcountryblue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:13 - Feb 16 by StokieBlue

It's not really clear but are you saying they should be looking to change things and replace McKenna now?

SB

No, McKenna should be given more time. If he can get through this spell, he will be a better manager for it. However, I do think it is fair game to question some of his decisions and tactics in recent months as we have become a little too predictable and excessive rotation has contributed to a lack of continuity on the pitch.

Taking into the consideration the size of the club and level of investment involved, I think it's perfectly acceptable to have very high expectations of the management team.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:39 - Feb 16 with 1516 viewsMattinLondon

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 09:03 - Feb 16 by Juggsy

oof, accidental upvote - don't judge me!

Consider yourself judged.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 10:00 - Feb 16 with 1454 viewsBobbychase

McKenna has rotated all season. When we were winning in the autumn nobody minded.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 10:29 - Feb 16 with 1353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think all 3 are/were potentially good signings.

Clarke and Broadhead looked a different level on their first start (v Morecambe?). However, they were nothing like as effective against Cambridge. I think there is a degree to which they have to develop an understanding with who they are playing with and our way of playing. However, they gave us more threat when they came on last match. Broadhead's free kick v Wednesday is something I don't think we have had in our armoury for a long time (just possibly Celina might have offered it). However, he got subbed off and I think he is not fully fit.

Hirst was brought in because Ladapo needed more cover. So far he hasn't really got going and we haven't really got the luxury of time for him to do so.

In short, I think the two permanent signings are good investments and will do well for us. The loan can only be judged successful if we go up or sign the player after it and he proves to be successful. At the moment neither of those scenarios look likely. However, neither is out of the question and time will tell.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 10:50 - Feb 16 with 1293 viewsOldFart71

I wouldn't for one minute believe McKenna should go. He is a rookie manager and needs to learn from his mistakes. Haven't we all made mistakes in our lives ? I know I have and sometimes the same mistake more than once, The problem is the difference between my mistakes and McKenna's are that my mistakes in the main only affect two people and I won't get the sack. McKenna's mistakes affect thousands and he has also to control, cajole and give instructions to a large group of people whilst being overseen from above. I don't necessarily believe that the best is obtained from certain players position wise and I do question the way recruitment is made as I think sometimes an off the cuff purchase can be better than one that is made on analysing a players ability and their off field activities or lifestyle. Sir Booby didn't have these facilities available it was scouting and watching a player. Wheeling and dealing and yes he made mistakes and was vilified by fans who wanted him out. But you only have to look at the players he brought in to see that you don't need flow charts and graphs to source a player. Before someone say's "Things were different then" I agree. Some of the players Sir Bobby got in wouldn't be available or so easily acquired as like with many of those targets that Town have now there are a handful of other clubs after the same players. I do think what we lack are a couple of buzzy type players like Plymouth have, one being the Norwich loanee.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 20:36 - Feb 16 with 809 viewscressi

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 10:50 - Feb 16 by OldFart71

I wouldn't for one minute believe McKenna should go. He is a rookie manager and needs to learn from his mistakes. Haven't we all made mistakes in our lives ? I know I have and sometimes the same mistake more than once, The problem is the difference between my mistakes and McKenna's are that my mistakes in the main only affect two people and I won't get the sack. McKenna's mistakes affect thousands and he has also to control, cajole and give instructions to a large group of people whilst being overseen from above. I don't necessarily believe that the best is obtained from certain players position wise and I do question the way recruitment is made as I think sometimes an off the cuff purchase can be better than one that is made on analysing a players ability and their off field activities or lifestyle. Sir Booby didn't have these facilities available it was scouting and watching a player. Wheeling and dealing and yes he made mistakes and was vilified by fans who wanted him out. But you only have to look at the players he brought in to see that you don't need flow charts and graphs to source a player. Before someone say's "Things were different then" I agree. Some of the players Sir Bobby got in wouldn't be available or so easily acquired as like with many of those targets that Town have now there are a handful of other clubs after the same players. I do think what we lack are a couple of buzzy type players like Plymouth have, one being the Norwich loanee.

We are Not McKenna's guinea pig
If things don't change results wise like everyone else he will be gone the yanks aren't here to progress a manager they want the promised land not league one.
Plus Ashton will go into preservation mode. He has done what he can bringing the players in.
Personally I think he will get this season and some of next before they swing the axe.
Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 20:52 - Feb 16 with 782 viewsCoastalblue

Rotation will be KMac's downfall on 20:36 - Feb 16 by cressi

We are Not McKenna's guinea pig
If things don't change results wise like everyone else he will be gone the yanks aren't here to progress a manager they want the promised land not league one.
Plus Ashton will go into preservation mode. He has done what he can bringing the players in.
Personally I think he will get this season and some of next before they swing the axe.

If the 'yanks' didn't want to progress a manager and hire one that clearly would need time to develop and learn on the job, then they wouldn't have agreed to hire a manager they needed to progress and who needed time to develop and learn on the job.

Why do so many people seemed so shocked that our rookie manager is making some rookie manager errors? I'm pretty sure it would have been part of the considerations in hiring him as it wasn't that unlikely.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024