Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst - why the hype? 16:29 - Feb 18 with 3703 viewsBlueToad

I'm just not seeing it with Hirst. Looks like an expensive Joe Pigott.

Am I missing something ?

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:31 - Feb 18 with 3370 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Patience?
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:32 - Feb 18 with 3337 viewsBlueToad

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:31 - Feb 18 by FromReuserWithLove

Patience?

He is on loan for half a season isn't he ?

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:35 - Feb 18 with 3283 viewsKropotkin123

The control and lob in the first half was excellent. He's getting closer to what we need. Offers faster play up front than Ladapo. Not seeing the Pigott resemblence.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:38 - Feb 18 with 3258 viewsfarkenhell

You are missing something. Plenty, in fact. He takes up positions in the penalty area that none of our other players do, bar Chaplain. Our problem is that our decision making with the final ball is too often p!ss poor. A classic example was Burns, just before he was substituted, broke into the area. Hirst peeled off his marker into space. All Burns had to do was look up and roll a simple ball to him for a tap in. Instead, with head down, he blasted a shot from a difficult angle. As a forward, you can only do so much. You can see that Hirst is a natural forward with his movement. At the moment, the rest of the team are not utilising him anywhere near enough.
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:42 - Feb 18 with 3181 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:38 - Feb 18 by farkenhell

You are missing something. Plenty, in fact. He takes up positions in the penalty area that none of our other players do, bar Chaplain. Our problem is that our decision making with the final ball is too often p!ss poor. A classic example was Burns, just before he was substituted, broke into the area. Hirst peeled off his marker into space. All Burns had to do was look up and roll a simple ball to him for a tap in. Instead, with head down, he blasted a shot from a difficult angle. As a forward, you can only do so much. You can see that Hirst is a natural forward with his movement. At the moment, the rest of the team are not utilising him anywhere near enough.

You've described wack a ball perfectly there.

On hirst. I'm with the OP. However if this is a loan to buy then I can understand the patience part. If he goes back and we never see him again. It's a bizarre loan imo.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 with 3181 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:42 - Feb 18 by FrimleyBlue

On hirst. I'm with the OP. However if this is a loan to buy then I can understand the patience part. If he goes back and we never see him again. It's a bizarre loan imo.

What if Ladapo picks up an injury?
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 with 3184 viewshomer_123

Bizarre loan? Utter bobbins.

Would you rather Jackson be that lone striker?

Hirst work rate is excellent...intelligent player....superb take today and unlucky not to score.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 with 3165 viewsBigCommon

He put a real shift in up there.. The sort of shift Ladapo has put in before and not been appreciated for... All that was missing was a goal..
Login to get fewer ads

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:46 - Feb 18 with 3110 viewsFrimleyBlue

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 by FromReuserWithLove

What if Ladapo picks up an injury?

We had ahadme who was our player.

It is what it tho. You'd imagine with how keen we were this is KM trying to get him to enjoy being at the club and then try again for a perm transfer in the summer

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:46 - Feb 18 with 3120 viewsKropotkin123

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 by BigCommon

He put a real shift in up there.. The sort of shift Ladapo has put in before and not been appreciated for... All that was missing was a goal..

Agreed, good performance and unlucky not to score with a great bit of individual skill

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:47 - Feb 18 with 3071 viewsVaughan8

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 by BigCommon

Put a good shift in against sheff wed. Seems a decent player. Whether he should be ahead of Ladapo is another arguement.
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:50 - Feb 18 with 3027 viewsfarkenhell

Hirst is getting better with every game. I can see why we were so keen to sign him in the summer.
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:55 - Feb 18 with 2979 viewsquad

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:44 - Feb 18 by homer_123

Bizarre loan? Utter bobbins.

Would you rather Jackson be that lone striker?

Hirst work rate is excellent...intelligent player....superb take today and unlucky not to score.

Nobody wants Jackson as the lone striker. There's clearly a valid argument that maybe Ladapo should be starting ahead of Hirst though.
Hirst - why the hype? on 16:57 - Feb 18 with 2932 viewshomer_123

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:55 - Feb 18 by quad

Nobody wants Jackson as the lone striker. There's clearly a valid argument that maybe Ladapo should be starting ahead of Hirst though.

Free header missed from 6 yards by Freddie! DOH!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:58 - Feb 18 with 2922 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there much hype? And did you just see the sitter Ladapo missed?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Hirst - why the hype? on 17:00 - Feb 18 with 2895 viewsBlueToad

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:58 - Feb 18 by Swansea_Blue

Is there much hype? And did you just see the sitter Ladapo missed?

Yes I did but I also saw the goal Freddie scored - not sure of your point there.

Will be delighted if/when Hirst sets alight but so far has been a disappointment in my opinion.

Hirst - why the hype? on 18:37 - Feb 18 with 2496 viewscarlisleaway

Bit impatient, thought Hirst put himself about more than Ledapo and opposition defenders are put under more pressure from him….the goals will come
Hirst - why the hype? on 18:58 - Feb 18 with 2322 viewsBigCommon

Hirst - why the hype? on 16:50 - Feb 18 by farkenhell

Hirst is getting better with every game. I can see why we were so keen to sign him in the summer.

Honestly think he was a bit short of match fitness when he arrived. But he looks to be getting sharper with each game.. Did a hell of a lot of donkey work today..
Hirst - why the hype? on 19:38 - Feb 18 with 2178 viewsVic

Wasn’t at the game, but from the highlights it looks like he was a whisker away from a mercurial goal on a par with Celina’s last year. Superb control of a through ball and a delicate lob. Such a shame it landed on the bar. What an effort.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Hirst - why the hype? on 19:43 - Feb 18 with 2120 viewsStewart27

I actually think he’s been playing really well. Strange how opinions differ.
Hirst - why the hype? on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 2091 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I've not been totally convinced - clearly has a lot of great qualities to his game, enjoyed his lobbed effort in the first half and worked his socks off. That said, he has to bury that chance in the second half and take a better touch on the ball played over the top. Not writing him off by any stretch, but yet to trust him.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Hirst - why the hype? on 19:49 - Feb 18 with 2054 viewsPioneerBlue

If you don’t see he is a talent there is little I will do to persuade. Strong, fast, runs all day, getting into goal scoring positions. He hardly played before he arrived. KMcK picks the team, he is sharing minutes with Ladapo.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hirst - why the hype? on 19:51 - Feb 18 with 2046 viewsBluedandy

Sub on two occasions but Ladapo has still scored 4 in the last 5 league games, should start ahead of Hirst.

If he started every game like Smith at Wednesday then he'd probably be top scorer in L1.
Hirst - why the hype? on 22:06 - Feb 18 with 1745 viewsGlasgowBlue

This is what people were saying about Ladapo in August.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Hirst - why the hype? on 22:09 - Feb 18 with 1728 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Having watched his Portsmouth highlights, there’s a player in there. KMc has worked with some TOP players so I’m pretty sure he can spot talent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024