Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MK away pub for Saturday? 13:01 - Feb 20 with 2729 viewsskyblue23

Any ideas?

Poll: Paul Lambert moves on, would you be happy if Jim Magilton was given another go?

MK away pub for Saturday? on 13:35 - Feb 20 with 2633 viewsWallingford_Boy

Usually just the bars/restaurants all around the ground, nice and convenient.

RIP Sir Bobby

MK away pub for Saturday? on 13:36 - Feb 20 with 2637 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Its a nightmare, nothing near the ground except those food joints which will be booked out. Some decent pubs on the outskirts, but you have to drive park up and then drive to find a space.

Awful ground

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

MK away pub for Saturday? on 13:50 - Feb 20 with 2577 viewsParky

I know a few are going to ‘MK Sports Bar & Lounge’ which is a 20 minute drive to the stadium.
MK away pub for Saturday? on 14:02 - Feb 20 with 2547 viewsFtnfwest

Rose & Crown Ridgmont on the way. Good old village freehouse about 15 minutes short of the ground. Useful as there's then a good short cut to the ground via the A5 which is always pretty clear.
EDIT Actually its Charles Wells, but usually has some guest beers
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 14:08]
MK away pub for Saturday? on 14:19 - Feb 20 with 2486 viewsKingsCrossBlue

We’re getting food / booze at the Greedy Italian in Fenny Stratford followed by beers in McCartheys Sportsbar by Bletchley station. They are fine with away fans but it’s not the nicest of places on earth.

Otherwise, it’s a decent journey to any decent pubs. I think we went to the Red Lion on the canal last year - it was packed with Towen fans but only one barmaid serving and a lad trying to serve food. It was carnage.
MK away pub for Saturday? on 14:45 - Feb 20 with 2414 viewsjohnewark

MK away pub for Saturday? on 14:19 - Feb 20 by KingsCrossBlue

We’re getting food / booze at the Greedy Italian in Fenny Stratford followed by beers in McCartheys Sportsbar by Bletchley station. They are fine with away fans but it’s not the nicest of places on earth.

Otherwise, it’s a decent journey to any decent pubs. I think we went to the Red Lion on the canal last year - it was packed with Towen fans but only one barmaid serving and a lad trying to serve food. It was carnage.

I contacted Captain Ridley's Shooting Party (Wetherspoons) in Bletchley and they can accommodate away fans. I have messaged / emailed and called the Fenny Stratford Working Men's Club which accommodated us last year but no one has responded.
MK away pub for Saturday? on 17:11 - Feb 20 with 2138 viewsI_LOVE_GOLLOB

We found this place last year which was decent - Red Lion, 11 Lock View Ln, Fenny Stratford, Bletchley, Milton Keynes MK1 1BY

Poll: How would you kill a budgie?

MK away pub for Saturday? on 18:51 - Feb 20 with 1944 viewsstonojnr

the Red Lion is the only pub Id recommend in the MK vicinity, though I see theyve acquired a Brewhouse and Brewdog since I went, but yeah Im not surprised its carnage on match day, its not exactly much different when its "quiet".

but other than that theres only the 'spoons and theyre equiv to sitting in an airport departure lounge in central MK, the one in Bletchley, Captain Ridleys, is more normal, but again probably rammed pre match.
Login to get fewer ads

MK away pub for Saturday? on 18:53 - Feb 20 with 1944 viewsbackwaywhen

Inn on the lake , 10 min walk to the ground , good beer and food , by on nearby industrial estate Bond estates £5.
MK away pub for Saturday? on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 1914 viewsKingsCrossBlue

MK away pub for Saturday? on 18:53 - Feb 20 by backwaywhen

Inn on the lake , 10 min walk to the ground , good beer and food , by on nearby industrial estate Bond estates £5.

That’s a good shout!
Srictly home fans only.... on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 1853 viewsBloots

MK away pub for Saturday? on 18:53 - Feb 20 by backwaywhen

....I got in there last year, but they were turning people away.

Luckily I'm a very smooth operator.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

MK away pub for Saturday? on 19:57 - Feb 20 with 1799 viewsTractorWood

Parking in Fenny Stratford and wandering seems sensible enough. [Insert Gatwick "joke"]

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

MK away pub for Saturday? on 20:15 - Feb 20 with 1733 viewsArnieM

MK away pub for Saturday? on 13:36 - Feb 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its a nightmare, nothing near the ground except those food joints which will be booked out. Some decent pubs on the outskirts, but you have to drive park up and then drive to find a space.

Awful ground

Captive audience isn’t it , which is why parking is such a rip off.

Also am I right in thinking the A14 will be shut from 8pm near Haughley ? .. only for several months though so that’s good !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:03 - Feb 20 with 1482 views627881

Mk sports bar is ideal good parking friendly welcome good value food and drink live football on tv 10 minutes drive to the ground
Pre book your car park at the ground
MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:40 - Feb 20 with 1374 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:03 - Feb 20 by 627881

Mk sports bar is ideal good parking friendly welcome good value food and drink live football on tv 10 minutes drive to the ground
Pre book your car park at the ground

Pre bookable car parking is sold out
MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 1349 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Enfes Turkish restaurant behind the stadium. Booked in for Saturday as was excellent last year. Had a couple of free beers for good measure too.
Might be worth checking if any availability though appreciate it is probably unlikely.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 1345 viewsunstableblue

Where you parking for the Greedy Italian or are you training it up?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

MK away pub for Saturday? on 08:25 - Feb 21 with 1133 viewswitchdoctor

MK away pub for Saturday? on 18:51 - Feb 20 by stonojnr

the Red Lion is the only pub Id recommend in the MK vicinity, though I see theyve acquired a Brewhouse and Brewdog since I went, but yeah Im not surprised its carnage on match day, its not exactly much different when its "quiet".

but other than that theres only the 'spoons and theyre equiv to sitting in an airport departure lounge in central MK, the one in Bletchley, Captain Ridleys, is more normal, but again probably rammed pre match.

yep..Captain Ridley’s was rammed last season..
MK away pub for Saturday? on 08:54 - Feb 21 with 1075 viewsKingsCrossBlue

MK away pub for Saturday? on 22:48 - Feb 20 by unstableblue

Where you parking for the Greedy Italian or are you training it up?

We're in a village - Newton Longville, about 5 mins away so getting a taxi to the Greedy Italian and then on foot thereafter. It's probably more faff than its worth, but we've a spare car parking space if anybody is desperate. But you would have to get a taxi in (about £5 with Skyline).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024