Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? 13:19 - Mar 20 with 3769 viewsJackSted

On one hand if Sheff Wed win then it eases the pressure of Barnsley on us, but then confirms that there'll be 2, maybe 3, clubs fighting for 2nd place. But if Barnsley win or draw, then it drags Sheff Wed into the promotion chase and potentially there'll be 4 teams fighting for both promotion places

ooooo I can't handle the pressure

I have a feeling Plymouth will only at best draw against Accy. Their away form has been awful since Jan

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 870 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:29 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

Would like a draw between Wednesday and Barnsley. Keeps Wednesday still in reach and keeps Barnsley at bay.

I'll be very happy with a pair of draws. I know us Town fans have a pessimism chip implanted at birth, but something tells me we are now an unstoppable force, our only enemy being time and the results of others.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:12 - Mar 20 with 870 viewsitfcsuth

Draws across the board will do just fine for me.
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:13 - Mar 20 with 862 viewsFather_Jack

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:05 - Mar 20 by Kropotkin123

A Barnsley loss and a Fulham inspired implosion would be nice

With Nors filling the Mitrovic role presumably.

Less is more.

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:21 - Mar 20 with 839 viewsMetal_Hacker

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:08 - Mar 20 by BigCommon

I can see their heads going if they drop a few points in the next couple of games..... They've been winning ugly, and getting on the right side of a few contentious ref decisions of late. They certainly are not playing well.They look tired and ragged, they are picking up injuries.And for all their unbeaten run, they still haven't shaken off the chasing pack. You could argue that they are under more pressure than us to go up this season...I think they are far from promoted, should they get beat by Barnsley..

I seriously hope you and DB are right cause it#ll shut a lot of my Weds supporting mates and customers up this way, once and for all !!!

Poll: If it were one or the other

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:25 - Mar 20 with 813 viewsBigCommon

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:21 - Mar 20 by Metal_Hacker

I seriously hope you and DB are right cause it#ll shut a lot of my Weds supporting mates and customers up this way, once and for all !!!

Well, it's theirs to lose... But I don't think it's a done deal just yet. A lot of people are taking them out of the equation, as if they are already up. But they ain't yet And this season has been a mad one so far...
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:33 - Mar 20 with 776 viewstractordownsouth

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:39 - Mar 20 by portmanking

Here here, we've basically paid for their fecking ground developments in recent years. The least we can ask for is three points for them on Tues!

In fairness, all three of the players we bought from them, whilst still overpriced, have resurrected their Town careers recently.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:38 - Mar 20 with 757 viewsKropotkin123

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:08 - Mar 20 by le2blue

I looked back at Stanley's home results, I'd say anything other than a Plymouth win is, unfortunately, looking pretty unlikely, they've been shocking at home and even contrived to lose to MK at the weekend who were below them.

If you want a proper cry. They've only got 1 point from 13 games against the top 9. Thankfully that point was Barnsley at home, so here's hoping they can get another against our other automatic rivals.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 15:43 - Mar 20 with 739 viewsGeoffSentence

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:20 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I feel like Accrington owe us a sodding favour.

I had a look at their record transfers out on transfermarkt the other day.

Jackson and Burgess are their record departures, JD wasn't listed because for some reason they didn't have the fee, though we all know it was 750K which makes him the third highest fee they have received.

Even Gary Roberts made it into the top 10.

Yeah, it would be nice if they did us a sodding favour.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 16:22 - Mar 20 with 671 viewsSawtrich

Anything that isn't a Plymouth win is a huge bonus for us obviously.

Don't think Sheff Wed are over the horizon just yet. Rotherham were in a similar position last season before nearly messing it up (until they beat us!). A draw probably the best result for us, two rivals dropping two points.
What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 16:53 - Mar 20 with 617 viewsBlueandTruesince82

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 13:23 - Mar 20 by Stenvict

Obviously it would be better for it to be 2 from 4 rather than 1 from 3, but I can't see Wednesday dropping too many more points, so would prefer they beat Barnsley tomorrow to halt their unbeaten run.

Given the games in hand I'd rather Weds win I think. It feels like they are gone so for me I'd rather they do as much damage as possible around us and hope Plymouth slip up though a draw is still 2 dropped points for both.

If you could tell me now we 100% beat Barnsley then I'd fo the other way but that has draw written all over it to me

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 18:09 - Mar 20 with 582 viewsringwoodblue

Barnsley v Wendies draw would be best result as both drop two points.

Can’t see Accy getting anything I’m afraid but if they can somehow takes 2 or 3 points off Muff, then that would be amazing.

Poll: How do you feel about the EADT digital subscription?

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 20:31 - Mar 20 with 522 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What are we hoping for results-wise on Tuesday? on 14:20 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

I feel like Accrington owe us a sodding favour.

Indeed. If they can't actually beat them, perhaps their chairman can at least get their best player a retrospective ban!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024