Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
best team in the league by a country mile. 18:18 - Apr 15 with 5610 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

That is all.

Poll: would you rather

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:22 - Apr 15 with 4192 viewsGreenArmy75

Eh?

What’s the point of a league table then?
best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:32 - Apr 15 with 4164 viewsArnoldMoorhen

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:22 - Apr 15 by GreenArmy75

Eh?

The League Table shows the cumulative results over the Season. Whoever is top of it at the end is the best team over the Season.

What it doesn't show is that Ipswich have stratospherically improved since Luongo, Broadhead and Hirst joined us. And that you were weakened in the January window by your top scorer leaving.

The 10 game form table will show you those things, and will also show you who are the best teams in the League at the present time.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-one/form/matches:10/type
best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:40 - Apr 15 with 4132 viewsNthQldITFC

Eh?

Or this if you prefer:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/formtabelle
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 20:41]

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:46 - Apr 15 with 4093 viewsDubtractor

Eh?

Over the course of the season to date you are the best team as it stands, no argument of that, and you're overwhelming favourites for promotion now IMO.

Based on the last few months alone, since we strengthened in January, I would say that we are the best team. I'd disagree that we're miles better than you and Barnsley, that's just us getting carried away with our form, but I do think we're the best team now.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:50 - Apr 15 with 4052 viewsLeoMuff

Eh?

Salty. Not even the most green tinted specs Janner could deny ITFC are CURRENTLY the best team in league 1.

Personally I hope it’s Argyle and us for automatics.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:51 - Apr 15 with 4045 viewsbadadski

Eh?

Different team from the start of the season - it was a good team at the start of the season but now it’s a great team with the January add ons that have made us complete. We do not have one weak link -
best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:59 - Apr 15 with 4007 viewsArnieM

To score 6 goals ( should have been 9!) against one of the other form sides in a pressure match takes done doing in my view, and is a measure of how good we are and certainly “on it”. Out the other top 3-4 sides , I’d suggest Ply mouth are stumbling along , calling in a few lucky cards , Sheffield appear to have lost the plot and imploding ( we’ll see after Tuesdays game), whilst Barnsley remain a threat in my view and could still have a say in who goes up automatically. I hope by the time we play them, they’re just looking to jostle with Sheffield for final PO placement only.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:01 - Apr 15 with 3995 viewsReusersTown

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:50 - Apr 15 by LeoMuff

Salty. Not even the most green tinted specs Janner could deny ITFC are CURRENTLY the best team in league 1.

Personally I hope it’s Argyle and us for automatics.

I don't, us and Barnsley please. Loan FC can do one.
Login to get fewer ads

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:03 - Apr 15 with 3983 viewsReusersTown

Eh?

Another lucky deflected winner keeping you clinging on I see.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:30 - Apr 15 with 3849 viewsKropotkin123

Seems like you said more in your full interview:

Holden: A Humbling Experience 15th Apr 2023 20:05
Charlton boss Dean Holden believes Town are the best team in the division “by a mile” and admitted there was a gulf between the teams during his side’s 6-0 walloping at Portman Road. 19

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:47 - Apr 15 with 3775 viewsGreenArmy75

best team in the league by a country mile. on 20:59 - Apr 15 by ArnieM

To score 6 goals ( should have been 9!) against one of the other form sides in a pressure match takes done doing in my view, and is a measure of how good we are and certainly “on it”. Out the other top 3-4 sides , I’d suggest Ply mouth are stumbling along , calling in a few lucky cards , Sheffield appear to have lost the plot and imploding ( we’ll see after Tuesdays game), whilst Barnsley remain a threat in my view and could still have a say in who goes up automatically. I hope by the time we play them, they’re just looking to jostle with Sheffield for final PO placement only.

You guys realise you only get 3 points for a win whether you win 1-0 or 6-0 don’t you?

Let’s just wait and see what happens with your trips to Barnsley and Peterborough.

All runs come to end and all teams have a rocky patch. Stay humble.

You claim to be the best ever League 1 team to grace a football pitch yet with 5 games left top spot is not in your control🤷‍♂️

The football Gods are very good and predictable at knocking teams off their perches. (Just ask Wednesday)
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 21:49]
best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:53 - Apr 15 with 3703 viewsFromReuserWithLove

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:47 - Apr 15 by GreenArmy75

You guys realise you only get 3 points for a win whether you win 1-0 or 6-0 don’t you?

Let’s just wait and see what happens with your trips to Barnsley and Peterborough.

You claim to be the best ever League 1 team to grace a football pitch yet with 5 games left top spot is not in your control🤷‍♂️

The football Gods are very good and predictable at knocking teams off their perches. (Just ask Wednesday)

A perch you're currently occupying.

Few more humble than us town fans don't worry and the vast majority of us still expect us to mess it up.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:06 - Apr 15 with 3650 viewsGreenArmy75

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:53 - Apr 15 by FromReuserWithLove

Few more humble than us town fans don't worry and the vast majority of us still expect us to mess it up.

We know.

We also know we are overachieving and that we are running on fumes. Those 3 home games we have in a week are going to be crucial.

If we don’t go up we are still in good shape. Financially sound and a focus on youth development.

I don’t think the “big boys” can all say the same.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:16 - Apr 15 with 3583 viewsNthsuffolkblue

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:06 - Apr 15 by GreenArmy75

We know.

We also know we are overachieving and that we are running on fumes. Those 3 home games we have in a week are going to be crucial.

If we don’t go up we are still in good shape. Financially sound and a focus on youth development.

You look solid to get promotion this time around. Last season must have been a real kick in the teeth and to have bounced back like you have this season is fantastic for you. I think it is going to be nip and tuck between us for the title. I honestly cannot see Wednesday or Barnsley stopping either of us now. Of course, it is possible but you have been so consistent all season. We are playing breath-taking football and have hardly been outplayed at all in any match all season. We definitely haven't been at all in the past month or so and we have cut out the mistakes that were costing us.

Well done especially on your result today, I really thought you might slip up on that one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:20 - Apr 15 with 3551 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

We know.

Not quite sure who or what you mean by saying the "big boys" can't say the same. Ipswich are breaking even on transfer fees over 3 years, so if you classify us as a "big boy" then you're wrong.
But the thread is about who is the best team in the league as of now. This team is really something. We're not fluking anything. We're smashing teams, doesn't matter what their form is. 29 goals scored, 1 against. We're enjoying it. Whether we catch up depends on whether you can hold it together. Credit for today, that was a tricky fixture and you squeaked it. I hope it us , you and Barnsley that go up, and it's looking the most likely. Don't expect us to drop too many more points though - we're the best team in the league, and you know it.

Poll: would you rather

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:26 - Apr 15 with 3497 viewsFromReuserWithLove

We know.

Assume the last line isn't a dig at us? Not the truth if it was.

Plymouth deserve promotion and i genuinely think we do too, so hope we both do it. Your Norwich love-in was odd and disturbing though in the way it used to take a dig at us.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:26 - Apr 15 with 3501 viewsGreenArmy75

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:20 - Apr 15 by LegendofthePhoenix

Not quite sure who or what you mean by saying the "big boys" can't say the same. Ipswich are breaking even on transfer fees over 3 years, so if you classify us as a "big boy" then you're wrong.
But the thread is about who is the best team in the league as of now. This team is really something. We're not fluking anything. We're smashing teams, doesn't matter what their form is. 29 goals scored, 1 against. We're enjoying it. Whether we catch up depends on whether you can hold it together. Credit for today, that was a tricky fixture and you squeaked it. I hope it us , you and Barnsley that go up, and it's looking the most likely. Don't expect us to drop too many more points though - we're the best team in the league, and you know it.

Wouldn’t the best team in the league be top though?

You may be equal on transfer fees in and out but your wage bill is probably triple ours….as is Wednesdays.

Derby, Barnsley, Bolton also consider themselves too big for this league…as do Portsmouth but I just feel sorry for them now.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:31 - Apr 15 with 3448 viewsBugs

We know.

You're as good as up IMO. Can't see you dropping out of the top 2 with your last 5 games, all of which are very winnable.

Win your home games, get a point from one of your last 2 away games and you're basically there.

But then this is football and I'm almost always wrong.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:33 - Apr 15 with 3434 viewsLeoMuff

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:26 - Apr 15 by GreenArmy75

You may be equal on transfer fees in and out but your wage bill is probably triple ours….as is Wednesdays.

Derby, Barnsley, Bolton also consider themselves too big for this league…as do Portsmouth but I just feel sorry for them now.

Not if they weren’t the best at the start of the season no, we have been the best team since February.

Not so sure on wages your loan army won’t have come cheap.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:48 - Apr 15 with 3351 viewsKropotkin123

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:47 - Apr 15 by GreenArmy75

"All runs come to end and all teams have a rocky patch." - We are well aware. But seriously, who are you trying to convince here? Us or yourself? You've had a good season. You are in the driving seat to go up. Go back to your forum and enjoy it.

The irony of going on another footballing forum and telling other fans to be humble, when they are literally saying exactly the same thing as the opposition manager, is clearly lost on you.

Also, your fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder about us being refered to big club. For league one, that is a fact. You're top of the league and get 15k per game. We are second and averaging 26k. Naturally these terrible media companies will express more interest in us as they chase ratings. The same would happen to us if we were top of the Premiership and Man Utd and Liverpool were just behind us. You shouldn't care. Enjoy it. But know that we cannot control the naritive of these media companies.

And we're going to express pride in our team when they do well. If you can't be a bit hyperbolic when our team goes on a run of 14 games unbeaten, winning 10, drawing 4, scoring 36, conceding 4 the what's the point?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:52]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:56 - Apr 15 with 3264 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

We know.

You made a loss last financial year despite a very healthy wages to turnover ratio. What’s that all about?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

best team in the league by a country mile. on 23:02 - Apr 15 with 3208 viewsWakh

Our wage bill is bound to be triple yours. You are paying a pittance to develop players from the academies of much bigger teams. The financial benefit to them is that they will then sell and profit from your hard work while you see a short-term gain. ALL our players today (bar hurst) were ours and you have to pay your employees ALL their wages not just a minimal percentage.

It's like paying a pittance to babysit a mate's house for a while knowing you got to hand the keys back soon without knowing how you will live next.

We Ipswich fans know, we have lived in that loany, borrow world too much in the past. It is why we are in League one.

I find it hard to think why you came in on this post TBH. over the last 10 games we are easily the best team in the league. Over the season so far it is you guys just!
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 23:04]
best team in the league by a country mile. on 23:07 - Apr 15 with 3140 viewsVegtablue

Sorry but what a load of w@nk. Plucky Plymouth, others born with spoons in their mouths, blah blah. The narrative of teams being too big for the division they're in is just nonsense isn't it? We know why and how we came to be here. We also know why we've been here for the seasons we have.

We consider ourselves presently too good for this league because we're demonstrating how blisteringly good we are. The January additions have us purring. You performed very well in our two league matches and I don't disagree with how the points were distributed, but there is no league match thus far in which you can point to this side being outplayed. Plymouth have been taken apart at times. And since playing you we have strengthened to a point where our quality is a bit ridiculous for league one.

If you stay ahead then congrats to you, but I imagine you are grateful to not have our fixture pencilled in for later in the month. Meanwhile we would be grateful for a switch from Oakwell to Home Park based on performance levels of respective teams in the second half of this season.

Edit typo
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 23:10]
best team in the league by a country mile. on 23:25 - Apr 15 with 3019 viewsReusersTown

best team in the league by a country mile. on 22:48 - Apr 15 by Kropotkin123

"All runs come to end and all teams have a rocky patch." - We are well aware. But seriously, who are you trying to convince here? Us or yourself? You've had a good season. You are in the driving seat to go up. Go back to your forum and enjoy it.

The irony of going on another footballing forum and telling other fans to be humble, when they are literally saying exactly the same thing as the opposition manager, is clearly lost on you.

Also, your fans seem to have a chip on their shoulder about us being refered to big club. For league one, that is a fact. You're top of the league and get 15k per game. We are second and averaging 26k. Naturally these terrible media companies will express more interest in us as they chase ratings. The same would happen to us if we were top of the Premiership and Man Utd and Liverpool were just behind us. You shouldn't care. Enjoy it. But know that we cannot control the naritive of these media companies.

And we're going to express pride in our team when they do well. If you can't be a bit hyperbolic when our team goes on a run of 14 games unbeaten, winning 10, drawing 4, scoring 36, conceding 4 the what's the point?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2023 22:52]

Pure insecurity innit. Just need to look at that thread on Pasoti re: media coverage to see they're drowning in it.
best team in the league by a country mile. on 23:36 - Apr 15 with 2906 viewsArnieM

best team in the league by a country mile. on 21:53 - Apr 15 by FromReuserWithLove

You see it’s posts like this from the ply mouth dick head which has really turned me and I suspect a good many other Town fans against these arrogant tossas. I hope they f uc king croak. But reading between the lines of his post seems they are DESPERATE for us to drop points …. Maybe they should take with their own games.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024