Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne 11:47 - Apr 16 with 5144 viewsMach_foreignBlue

They are far from happy with his actions on and off the pitch

https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/27407/ipswich-charlton-match-thread-r
Bonne on 11:50 - Apr 16 with 4893 viewsclive_baker

To be fair to them it’s an awful look to be liking a post after you’ve just lost 6-0 in said game. Everyone knows he’s Town through & through, but he’s employed by Charlton and I don’t think it’s advisable to be liking that content.

Keeping your head down would be the most professional thing to do.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Bonne on 11:54 - Apr 16 with 4857 viewsZoomba

They can single him out as much as they want. Leaburn, who is "one of their own", his first and only notable action when he came on was to lash out at Morsy and get himself booked.

They also conceded 4 goals in 20 mins with Bonne off the pitch, if that matters much.
Bonne on 12:27 - Apr 16 with 4648 viewsDublinBlue84

Bonne on 11:50 - Apr 16 by clive_baker

To be fair to them it’s an awful look to be liking a post after you’ve just lost 6-0 in said game. Everyone knows he’s Town through & through, but he’s employed by Charlton and I don’t think it’s advisable to be liking that content.

Keeping your head down would be the most professional thing to do.

That's what I mean, seeing some of our fans on social media saying there's nothing to see here is hilarious since if we lost a game and one of our players did the same thing basically cheering that we lost to their former club we'd be livid and rightly so.

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Bonne on 12:31 - Apr 16 with 4603 viewsJ2BLUE

Bonne on 12:27 - Apr 16 by DublinBlue84

That's what I mean, seeing some of our fans on social media saying there's nothing to see here is hilarious since if we lost a game and one of our players did the same thing basically cheering that we lost to their former club we'd be livid and rightly so.

Exactly. Football fan bases are just extremely hypocritical. See Wednesday's reaction to the ref change.

It's clearly not a good look. Not sure what he's thinking as his chances of coming back are virtually zero and Charlton are one of the few decent league one clubs he could sign for.

I feel for him. Must be horrible to see what is happening here after so nearly being part of it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bonne on 13:01 - Apr 16 with 4346 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bonne on 12:31 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

Exactly. Football fan bases are just extremely hypocritical. See Wednesday's reaction to the ref change.

It's clearly not a good look. Not sure what he's thinking as his chances of coming back are virtually zero and Charlton are one of the few decent league one clubs he could sign for.

I feel for him. Must be horrible to see what is happening here after so nearly being part of it.

He’s a fan, so I suppose that’s what he’s thinking. Charlton don’t control him every minute of the day. As long as he gives his all on the pitch and in training, I don’t see the problem. But then I’m weird like that and hate the hyper tribalism around football.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bonne on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 3850 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Can’t see how they can complain about him on the pitch. He had no service at all. Both the wingers were largely anonymous. He was feeding off scraps

Poll: Our final position

Bonne on 15:54 - Apr 16 with 3777 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bonne on 11:54 - Apr 16 by Zoomba

They can single him out as much as they want. Leaburn, who is "one of their own", his first and only notable action when he came on was to lash out at Morsy and get himself booked.

They also conceded 4 goals in 20 mins with Bonne off the pitch, if that matters much.

The truth is he doesn't have a future with Charlton with or without liking the Tweet. It was a silly thing to do but I am sure he gave 100% on the pitch. The shame for him is that 100% isn't enough even at this level.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:13]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bonne on 16:02 - Apr 16 with 3699 viewsibbleobble

Bonne on 15:54 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

The truth is he doesn't have a future with Charlton with or without liking the Tweet. It was a silly thing to do but I am sure he gave 100% on the pitch. The shame for him is that 100% isn't enough even at this level.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:13]

Are you saying Bonne isn’t good enough at League One level or have I misread the post?
Login to get fewer ads

Bonne on 16:10 - Apr 16 with 3652 viewsDeano69

He didn’t seem happy with the service he was getting During the game either. Kept shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head when play broke down.

Did have a like chuckle when a chorus of ‘he’s always offside…..’ rang out.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Bonne on 17:04 - Apr 16 with 3387 viewsSwansea_Blue

Bonne on 16:02 - Apr 16 by ibbleobble

Are you saying Bonne isn’t good enough at League One level or have I misread the post?

I'm thinking this may well be his maximum level now, and even then he's nowhere near the best in the league. He's not had a good time at all for the last 15 months or so. I quite liked him when he was here (who wouldn't in his prolific spell?), but then that quickly turned to frustration as it became apparent that his good run was very much a blip. Seemed like a nice guy though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bonne on 17:12 - Apr 16 with 3323 viewsWickets

Tbh I think he would do well in our side .Now I am not suggesting we should sign him or that he is better than Hirst or Freddy just that he is decent at this level . Yesterday must have been difficult for him little or no service from a team second best all over the pitch .
Bonne on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 3268 viewsNthsuffolkblue

He clearly doesn't have a future at Charlton struggling to get into their side as a mid-table League 1 club.

I reckon he is good enough for this level so I hope another League 1 club is prepared to give him that chance but I wouldn't be surprised if there are few looking at him. That would leave him stepping down a level in order to try to get back here.

Bonne on 18:34 - Apr 16 with 2940 viewsBig_Jase

Bonne on 17:18 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

He clearly doesn't have a future at Charlton struggling to get into their side as a mid-table League 1 club.

I reckon he is good enough for this level so I hope another League 1 club is prepared to give him that chance but I wouldn't be surprised if there are few looking at him. That would leave him stepping down a level in order to try to get back here.

If I was a betting man I’d wager he will be back at Leyton Orient next year. A former club just promoted and still commutable from Ipswich.

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Bonne on 22:07 - Apr 16 with 2562 views66notout

Bonne on 15:46 - Apr 16 by southnorfolkblue

Can’t see how they can complain about him on the pitch. He had no service at all. Both the wingers were largely anonymous. He was feeding off scraps

Fraser put one of the best crosses you could ever wish to see right on his head about six yards out and he fluffed it. It wasn’t a great save by Walton because the ball wasn’t headed with real power and went almost straight at him. Bang average striker, Town fan or not.
Bonne on 22:12 - Apr 16 with 2521 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bonne on 22:07 - Apr 16 by 66notout

Fraser put one of the best crosses you could ever wish to see right on his head about six yards out and he fluffed it. It wasn’t a great save by Walton because the ball wasn’t headed with real power and went almost straight at him. Bang average striker, Town fan or not.

He had a spell with us when he was scoring for fun. Many strikers go through patches in form and miss very good chances when on poor form.

I hope he gets something like the suggested move to the O's in the post just above yours and it works out brilliantly for him.

If by bang average you mean this is probably the right level for him fair enough. He certainly hasn't shown any evidence of being able to play at the next level.

Bonne on 22:15 - Apr 16 with 2497 viewsJackNorthStand

Ridiculous for anyone to suggest he’s not good enough for league 1.

There are far worse strikers in this league than him. Bonne is a player who when he’s good he’s very good, when he’s not on form looks bang average.

He’s a very clever footballer even when not scoring. He’s let down my his inconsistency, just as a lot of league 1 players are - that is why they are playing in league 1.
Bonne on 22:46 - Apr 16 with 2386 viewsWallingford_Boy

Bonne on 12:31 - Apr 16 by J2BLUE

That was an old tweet he liked, not after yesterdays game.

RIP Sir Bobby

Bonne on 10:10 - Apr 17 with 1854 viewsSamWhiteUK

Bonne on 22:46 - Apr 16 by Wallingford_Boy

That was an old tweet he liked, not after yesterdays game.

Bonne? He liked an instagram post from the Town account celebrating winning 6-0.
Bonne on 13:44 - Apr 17 with 1519 viewsStu_Magoo

We have come so far this season from requiring Macauley Bonne.
Bonne on 14:43 - Apr 17 with 1396 viewstractorboy1978

Bonne on 16:10 - Apr 16 by Deano69

He didn’t seem happy with the service he was getting During the game either. Kept shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head when play broke down.

Did have a like chuckle when a chorus of ‘he’s always offside…..’ rang out.

Some of our fans are embarrassing. I found it absolutely pathetic that he got a few boos and a couple of chants mocking him.
Bonne on 09:23 - Apr 18 with 1067 viewslizzibee

I would have thought their fans have more pressing things to worry about than Bonne liking a couple of insta posts of the team he supports, and is no doubt chuffed for. He was a professional on the pitch doing his job - their best player on the day but he had no service. He is an easy target for them, but their management, set up and malaise in the team should be more pressing to them than a witch hunt against one player.
Bonne on 09:36 - Apr 18 with 1022 viewsitfcjoe

Bonne on 12:27 - Apr 16 by DublinBlue84

I think it's overplayed because some people just seem to like every Insta post they say so there was prob a lot of non-thought behind it.

But on the face of it, without any background, it looks terrible and he needs to understand that

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bonne on 09:42 - Apr 18 with 966 viewsitfcjoe

Bonne on 22:12 - Apr 16 by Nthsuffolkblue

He had a spell with us when he was scoring for fun. Many strikers go through patches in form and miss very good chances when on poor form.

I hope he gets something like the suggested move to the O's in the post just above yours and it works out brilliantly for him.

If by bang average you mean this is probably the right level for him fair enough. He certainly hasn't shown any evidence of being able to play at the next level.

He's actually got a better goal record in the Championship (14 goals in 3,514 minutes - 0.36g/90) than League 1 (20 in 5,888 minutes - 0.31g/90) so think he has shown he can play in the Championship.

I think he needs to be somewhere which plays a more simple style of football, he'd have been a good striker in a Mick team, works hard, runs all day, big enough and physical enough to handle himself, good in the air at both ends, etc......but for a more passing style, with more complicated pressing systems, I don't think he quite has the footballing intelligence for it.

Sure he'll find a role at a decent L1 club next season now the ITFC door has shut - he's been unfortunate this season that his August deal fell through at very last minute and left him in limbo for months.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Bonne on 09:48 - Apr 18 with 929 viewsitfcsuth

I'm not surprised, it's not a good look at all.

We would be scathing if the roles were reversed and one of our players was liking posts of the opposition after being thumped 6-0.
Bonne on 10:27 - Apr 18 with 836 viewsBigCommon

Bonne on 22:15 - Apr 16 by JackNorthStand

Ridiculous for anyone to suggest he’s not good enough for league 1.

There are far worse strikers in this league than him. Bonne is a player who when he’s good he’s very good, when he’s not on form looks bang average.

He’s a very clever footballer even when not scoring. He’s let down my his inconsistency, just as a lot of league 1 players are - that is why they are playing in league 1.

Depends what you class as L1 standard...
Huge difference between top 8 clubs and bottom 8 clubs.
You've got strikers like Cole Stockton, Alfie May, Jack Marriot, playing for mid/lower ranked L1 sides..?
The standard has really risen in last few seasons in this division, if you listen to teams supporters that dropped out and were promoted back into the division...
There's no guarantee, that someone of MB's calibre and recent record, could just rock up and get a contract at a L1 club..
I recon somewhere like L2 Gillingham, would be a more likely fit.. They are upwardly mobile with new investment and he'd probably get the 20 goal season he needs, to get himself back on track and get that confidence back..Hes treading water in L1 atm..Just my op'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024