Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… 22:26 - Apr 25 with 1762 viewsEastLondonBlue

….oh hold on a moment….
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 22:26]
Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 08:51 - Apr 26 with 1574 viewsZx1988

You wouldn't bet against the current situation at Town having something to do with the timing of the decision.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 08:57 - Apr 26 with 1549 viewsTrequartista

ipswich star is still free

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… (n/t) on 08:59 - Apr 26 with 1542 viewsRamRob

Poll: What should be the music when opposition score?

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:00 - Apr 26 with 1531 viewshype313

Just very odd timing, the club on the horizon of something incredible for he first time in years and 3 games out they drop that, bizarre.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:02 - Apr 26 with 1520 viewsZx1988

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:00 - Apr 26 by hype313

Just very odd timing, the club on the horizon of something incredible for he first time in years and 3 games out they drop that, bizarre.

No doubt it's perfect timing as far as they're concerned - punters will be keener than ever to read ITFC-related content and, riding an euphoric wave, are probably more likely to want to pay to do so.

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:16 - Apr 26 with 1474 viewsGavTWTD

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… (n/t) on 08:59 - Apr 26 by RamRob

I'm very uncomfortable with posters suggesting ways around the pay wall. We have a good relationship with the local media and I don't feel it is right.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:17 - Apr 26 with 1457 viewsGlasgowBlue

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 08:51 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

You wouldn't bet against the current situation at Town having something to do with the timing of the decision.

Why are you encouraging people to steal from hard working journalists for the excellent content they provide in an age where the newspaper industry is dying?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:22 - Apr 26 with 1412 viewsStokieBlue

Quite a lot of content is still free - they said the podcast will remain free along with everything else that would be available elsewhere (match previews and reports etc).

If you value their journalism so much as to make a thread about not being able to view it then perhaps you should consider paying the 1 GBP a month or whatever is it. I'm sure you don't think twice about 3 GBP for a coffee or 6 GBP for a pint.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:41 - Apr 26 with 1332 viewsGavTWTD

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:17 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Why are you encouraging people to steal from hard working journalists for the excellent content they provide in an age where the newspaper industry is dying?

I didn't see that, have removed.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:48 - Apr 26 with 1296 viewsZx1988

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:17 - Apr 26 by GlasgowBlue

Bluntly put, I have zero time for the Newsquest stable and their methods.

I've discussed this on another post, but recently my company was approached by them for a comment on a real lowest-common-denominator piece of scaremongering/clickbait, to which we provided a 'no comment' response.

Rather than accept our stance, the journalist decided to fabricate a response which was worded in such a way as to potentially damage our reputation within the sector. We complained to the editor, and were essentially told "prove you never said that. Surely any comment is better than no comment anyway".

Thankfully the discussion had taken place on a recorded line, and they were sent on their way with a flea in their ear and their tails between their legs.

But that is why I have precisely zero time for Newsquest and their methods, regardless of how good certain journalists in their stable may be,

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 15:29 - Apr 26 with 1017 viewsDJR

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:48 - Apr 26 by Zx1988

Bluntly put, I have zero time for the Newsquest stable and their methods.

I've discussed this on another post, but recently my company was approached by them for a comment on a real lowest-common-denominator piece of scaremongering/clickbait, to which we provided a 'no comment' response.

Rather than accept our stance, the journalist decided to fabricate a response which was worded in such a way as to potentially damage our reputation within the sector. We complained to the editor, and were essentially told "prove you never said that. Surely any comment is better than no comment anyway".

Thankfully the discussion had taken place on a recorded line, and they were sent on their way with a flea in their ear and their tails between their legs.

But that is why I have precisely zero time for Newsquest and their methods, regardless of how good certain journalists in their stable may be,

You could consider a complaint to the Independent Press Standards Commission, who cover Newsquest publications, including the EADT.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/

In any event, I am sure Stu, Andy, Mark and Ross would prefer that they had not been taken over by Newsquest, but such are the financial problems affecting local and national journalism.

And as someone who already has separate subscriptions to the Star and EADT, I consider the recent Stu and Andy post-game videos, as we have gradually got closer and closer, and particularly the full one last night, well worth a year's subscription in their own right.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 15:30]
Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 15:33 - Apr 26 with 992 viewsHerbivore

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 09:22 - Apr 26 by StokieBlue

Quite a lot of content is still free - they said the podcast will remain free along with everything else that would be available elsewhere (match previews and reports etc).

If you value their journalism so much as to make a thread about not being able to view it then perhaps you should consider paying the 1 GBP a month or whatever is it. I'm sure you don't think twice about 3 GBP for a coffee or 6 GBP for a pint.

SB

I had a look earlier, it's £59 for a year which is only just over £1 a week but still a decent sum for many people at the moment. I'm mulling over whether to go for it as I do like their content, good to have multiple sources of Town news and views.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 15:39 - Apr 26 with 945 viewsSomethingBlue

We need local journalism more than ever and in all its plurality — so I hope everyone who can will pay a few quid and subscribe. We all need to work to save it. Local newspapers may not be what they were but if we lose them, everyone loses — and the government gets the uncritical, uninformed nodding-dog population it's looking to create.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 15:40]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 19:31 - Apr 26 with 804 viewsDublinBlue84

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 15:39 - Apr 26 by SomethingBlue

We need local journalism more than ever and in all its plurality — so I hope everyone who can will pay a few quid and subscribe. We all need to work to save it. Local newspapers may not be what they were but if we lose them, everyone loses — and the government gets the uncritical, uninformed nodding-dog population it's looking to create.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 15:40]

I think what annoys me is that our friends up the road can subscribe to Football only content via the PinkUn for 1.99 a month or 19.99 per year, where us in Suffolk have no option but to pay £5.99 a month or £59 a year and take all of the EADT stuff, even when we only want football.

My biggest gripe is being forced to pay for the full EADT package, when quite simply the quality of the news journalism is exceptionally poor. It makes the value of the whole offer poor, whereas if the news coverage was far better or I could just pay for the football, I'd be more likely to pay for it.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 19:36]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Can’t wait to read and watch all the content about this result on EADT… on 20:01 - Apr 26 with 763 viewsMJallday

Twtd ia my primary source . Don’t need anyone else

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024