Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket: Day 4 10:15 - Jul 9 with 6133 viewsSitfcB

Rain expected from 15:00 onwards, let’s hope we are sensible.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 10:27]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:38 - Jul 9 with 1487 viewsSteve_M

Yes!!!!

Well played England.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:38 - Jul 9 with 1487 viewsgainsboroughblue

Phew.

Thank feck.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:38 - Jul 9 with 1487 viewsSitfcB

Get in there!!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:39 - Jul 9 with 1488 viewsBlueOura

A bit too close for comfort but we got over the line. Well played lads and in particular Harry Brook.
Cricket: Day 4 on 15:47 - Jul 9 with 1439 viewsstrikalite

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:39 - Jul 9 by BlueOura

A bit too close for comfort but we got over the line. Well played lads and in particular Harry Brook.

Yep great knock that was..

Still think we tend to play at balls we shouldn't be playing at but there you go, great win and keeps the series well and truly alive.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 17:18]
Cricket: Day 4 on 16:08 - Jul 9 with 1385 viewsSteve_M

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:47 - Jul 9 by strikalite

Still think we tend to play at balls we shouldn't be playing at but there you go, great win and keeps the series well and truly alive.

Thought we did that better today, much more circumspect with shot selection although had Root just stayed in my afternoon would have been far less stressful.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cricket: Day 4 on 16:34 - Jul 9 with 1331 viewsChrisd

I know it won’t happen, but I’d drop Ali and Bairstow for the 4th Test neither of those two are really providing value added at the moment.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:50 - Jul 9 with 1265 viewsWhos_blue

Cricket: Day 4 on 16:34 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

I know it won’t happen, but I’d drop Ali and Bairstow for the 4th Test neither of those two are really providing value added at the moment.

Apart from the two crucial wickets of Labuschagne and Smith?

Not really looking for an arguement, but not sure I agree about Ali.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:56 - Jul 9 with 1249 viewsChrisd

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:50 - Jul 9 by Whos_blue

Apart from the two crucial wickets of Labuschagne and Smith?

Not really looking for an arguement, but not sure I agree about Ali.

Wouldn’t say that was through good bowling.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I doubt they’ll change things for Manchester.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 6:33]

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:59 - Jul 9 with 1245 viewsYallop2

Cricket: Day 4 on 16:34 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

Drop Bairstow?! Couldn't agree less. I agree get Foakes in behind the stumps but having lost Pope we can't afford to leave Bairstow out. Would be absolutely crazy decision
Cricket: Day 4 on 18:07 - Jul 9 with 1237 viewsWhos_blue

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:56 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

Wouldn’t say that was through good bowling.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I doubt they’ll change things for Manchester.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 6:33]

Other than Anderson for Robinson, I wouldn't want them to.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:13 - Jul 9 with 1228 viewsChrisd

Cricket: Day 4 on 17:59 - Jul 9 by Yallop2

Drop Bairstow?! Couldn't agree less. I agree get Foakes in behind the stumps but having lost Pope we can't afford to leave Bairstow out. Would be absolutely crazy decision

Yes, those huge scores he’s contributing in this series would be a huge loss. Straight swap for Foakes, a better glovesman and he’s still a very decent lower order batsman.

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:15 - Jul 9 with 1226 viewsChrisd

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:07 - Jul 9 by Whos_blue

Other than Anderson for Robinson, I wouldn't want them to.

Feel that’s the only change they will make. They’ll need the spin option as Old Trafford historically turns. Robinson is another that has looked way off it so far, he doesn’t look fit to me.
[Post edited 10 Jul 2023 6:34]

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:16 - Jul 9 with 1225 viewsYallop2

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:13 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

Yes, those huge scores he’s contributing in this series would be a huge loss. Straight swap for Foakes, a better glovesman and he’s still a very decent lower order batsman.

Very short term memory maybe just reflect back to his plus 70 in the first test of this series and his run scoring prior to his injury
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 18:28]
Cricket: Day 4 on 18:21 - Jul 9 with 1213 viewsHARRY10

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:47 - Jul 9 by strikalite

Aussies were also guilty of that, caught a few times

This series has had more of a 50 overs feel about it

Aside from the obvious, England winning was good for cricket and the test series. I would have done no one any real good to have had the Ashes wrapped up with two tests to go.

Win at Old Trafford and a great final test at the Oval. Without Bairstow, I'm afraid.

And well done to England U21s (football)
Cricket: Day 4 on 18:28 - Jul 9 with 1199 viewsChrisd

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:16 - Jul 9 by Yallop2

Very short term memory maybe just reflect back to his plus 70 in the first test of this series and his run scoring prior to his injury
[Post edited 9 Jul 2023 18:28]

He’s in there for what he is doing now, not what he did 12 months ago. If he was batting like he was last summer, no complaints from me, but he’s a shadow of that batsman at the moment. His glovework has been poor this series, no one can defend that.

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:32 - Jul 9 with 1188 viewsYallop2

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:28 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

He’s in there for what he is doing now, not what he did 12 months ago. If he was batting like he was last summer, no complaints from me, but he’s a shadow of that batsman at the moment. His glovework has been poor this series, no one can defend that.

Not trying to defend his keeping but without Pope we'd be crazy to dispense of him with a bat in hand
Cricket: Day 4 on 18:35 - Jul 9 with 1170 viewsChrisd

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:32 - Jul 9 by Yallop2

Not trying to defend his keeping but without Pope we'd be crazy to dispense of him with a bat in hand

If we took the gloves off him, might free him up with his batting.

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:37 - Jul 9 with 1166 viewsRyorry

Cricket: Day 4 on 16:08 - Jul 9 by Steve_M

Thought we did that better today, much more circumspect with shot selection although had Root just stayed in my afternoon would have been far less stressful.

And great for the Sunday full house that the forecast donner, blitzen & torrential cloudbursts have arrived 2 - 3 hours later than forecast!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:41 - Jul 9 with 1158 viewsHARRY10

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:28 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

Some can, it appears. What next ? Bring back Boycott ?
Cricket: Day 4 on 18:44 - Jul 9 with 1154 viewsYallop2

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:35 - Jul 9 by Chrisd

If we took the gloves off him, might free him up with his batting.

Yep agreed he needs to be freed up. We can win this series. Bairstow coming in at 6 with Foakes at 7 Woakes at 8 snd Wood at 9. It's a chance having Root as our only spinner but at Old Trafford with Anderson back I think we can take them.
Cricket: Day 4 on 19:07 - Jul 9 with 1136 viewsredrickstuhaart

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:44 - Jul 9 by Yallop2

Yep agreed he needs to be freed up. We can win this series. Bairstow coming in at 6 with Foakes at 7 Woakes at 8 snd Wood at 9. It's a chance having Root as our only spinner but at Old Trafford with Anderson back I think we can take them.

Depends very much on the pitch, but they are in a tight spot with no all rounder. Though Woakes can bowl a lot of overs and deserves his spot.
Cricket: Day 4 on 19:16 - Jul 9 with 1130 viewsgainsboroughblue

Cricket: Day 4 on 19:07 - Jul 9 by redrickstuhaart

Depends very much on the pitch, but they are in a tight spot with no all rounder. Though Woakes can bowl a lot of overs and deserves his spot.

i wonder if they are considering Tongue. Aussies are definitely less comfortable against sheer pace and him and Wood can share an 8 over spell going at them. Can't really see Jimmy being left out though as it feels like it's going to be his last chance to play at his home ground in a test.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cricket: Day 4 on 19:35 - Jul 9 with 1115 viewsSwansea_Blue

Cricket: Day 4 on 15:38 - Jul 9 by Steve_M

Yes!!!!

Well played England.

I had to go out with us still chasing 40, but that sounded quite comfortable in the end - much more than it looked after Stokes and Bairstow threw away their wickets. Nice little knock from Brook and Woakes to steady the ship straight after that, or it looked that way before I had to leave it.

I was hoping to avoid the result and watch the highlights to find out the result, but made the rookie mistake of Briefly putting the radio on in the car just at the point they announced the result on the news .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Cricket: Day 4 on 20:03 - Jul 9 with 1087 viewsBloomBlue

Cricket: Day 4 on 18:21 - Jul 9 by HARRY10

Aussies were also guilty of that, caught a few times

This series has had more of a 50 overs feel about it

Aside from the obvious, England winning was good for cricket and the test series. I would have done no one any real good to have had the Ashes wrapped up with two tests to go.

Win at Old Trafford and a great final test at the Oval. Without Bairstow, I'm afraid.

And well done to England U21s (football)

And have to win an Ashes test match at Old Trafford against the Aussies at some stage, no better time than the next test.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024