Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kyle Edwards 12:39 - Jul 21 with 4755 viewsNutkins_Return

What does McKenna do here. He's always done well for me and still bags of talent. Hutchinson pushes him back a bit further surely.

Really feel for him. I hope he stays.

You could argue he's now behind Hutchinson, Harness and Jackson now as a back-up just as back up for the wide roles. Absolute madness (great for us) that he is 6th choice.

In fairness he's a slightly different option. McKenna did state previously he's our best at beating a man. That remains (maybe with Hutchinson) so he's good for certain scenarios.

But we have 1 slot left and I think we'll bring 2-3 more in.
Kyle Edwards on 12:51 - Jul 21 with 4668 viewsNthQldITFC

Can you imagine Burns and Broadhead loosening up a couple of fullbacks for 60 minutes and then Edwards and Hutchinson coming on for 30 to skin them repeatedly and draw two penalties each per game!

I think he's got too much X factor to let go, and did significantly improve in his decision making last season. More to come, I reckon.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Kyle Edwards on 12:55 - Jul 21 with 4627 viewsMetal_Hacker

Kyle Edwards on 12:51 - Jul 21 by NthQldITFC

Can you imagine Burns and Broadhead loosening up a couple of fullbacks for 60 minutes and then Edwards and Hutchinson coming on for 30 to skin them repeatedly and draw two penalties each per game!

I think he's got too much X factor to let go, and did significantly improve in his decision making last season. More to come, I reckon.

Totally agree , if it were a choice and we are nailed in for another striker coming in I'd rather let Jackson go (that's not a slight on Jackson , I would just rather keep Edwards)

The games Edwards changed last season towards the end - namely the Port Vale game for me really

He's just got something

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kyle Edwards on 13:06 - Jul 21 with 4545 viewsNutkins_Return

Kyle Edwards on 12:55 - Jul 21 by Metal_Hacker

Totally agree , if it were a choice and we are nailed in for another striker coming in I'd rather let Jackson go (that's not a slight on Jackson , I would just rather keep Edwards)

The games Edwards changed last season towards the end - namely the Port Vale game for me really

He's just got something

Also completely agree. But then Jackson was excellent against Preston. You can't fault how he has fought for his future.

I would keep Edwards as well over Jackson. Edwards is much younger.

For us it's a great problem to have. These boys deserve to be playing regular football.
Kyle Edwards on 13:09 - Jul 21 with 4505 viewsMetal_Hacker

Kyle Edwards on 13:06 - Jul 21 by Nutkins_Return

Also completely agree. But then Jackson was excellent against Preston. You can't fault how he has fought for his future.

For us it's a great problem to have. These boys deserve to be playing regular football.

Was thinking just that in my reply - Jackson's performance against Preston

Like you say I think age will have some bearing as well and yep, a great problem to have too

Good luck to those that make the cut this season and I'm sure KMcK will make the right choice(s)

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kyle Edwards on 13:11 - Jul 21 with 4471 viewsthe_toff

I think Hutchinson tends to operate on the right, so arguably pushes Jackson back rather than Edwards who has tend to come on the left for Broadhead.
Kyle Edwards on 13:17 - Jul 21 with 4413 viewsRozz

For me, Jackson is an absolute weapon against a back 3 which we're going to see a lot of this season. Just by virtue of his pace, teams either have to leave their WB deep and get pinned in their own half or risk being exposed.

While I like Edwards a lot and particularly thought he improved massively last season, I worry he doesn't quite have the tactical impact or allow us to change systems.

Would not surprise me to see him go out on loan with a recall.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 13:17]
Kyle Edwards on 13:23 - Jul 21 with 4364 viewsGarv

Without wanting this to sound like an insult and outright criticism, it's no good beating a man if you can't apply a finish or a good cross at the end of it.

Obviously he will do those things well at times, but his success rate isn't quite good enough at the moment I don't think.

Good test of our coaching I guess. It would be a massive shame to see him go.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 13:23]

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Kyle Edwards on 13:39 - Jul 21 with 4122 viewsNthQldITFC

Kyle Edwards on 13:17 - Jul 21 by Rozz

For me, Jackson is an absolute weapon against a back 3 which we're going to see a lot of this season. Just by virtue of his pace, teams either have to leave their WB deep and get pinned in their own half or risk being exposed.

While I like Edwards a lot and particularly thought he improved massively last season, I worry he doesn't quite have the tactical impact or allow us to change systems.

Would not surprise me to see him go out on loan with a recall.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 13:17]

Even given all the last eighteen months of positivity around the place, it's great that we've been promoted and yet there's pretty good consensus amongst fans that it's hard to know which of our players from the lower league to shift out to get new players in.

Until the friendlies I'd have said Harness, but he's looked really rejuvenated and similarly I can't stomach the idea of shifting either Edwards or Jackson. Unless absolutely necessary, I'd like to see all of those three stay. If I don't get my wish, I'd guess it would be due to a really great player coming in. Either way, I'm a Town fan as happy as a pig in sh!t with everything to do with the club.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

Kyle Edwards on 13:40 - Jul 21 with 4104 viewschicoazul

I think they’ll play regularly but they won’t start regularly.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kyle Edwards on 13:53 - Jul 21 with 4005 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

He's okay. Low numbers for a winger. Has some traits you'd want if you're looking to bring someone on to change a game maybe, but he's probably 50/50 on staying. I do wonder if there's a chance that Rak-Sakyi becomes available late on in the window, whether he comes in and Edwards is moved on.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Kyle Edwards on 14:43 - Jul 21 with 3819 viewsBigCommon

I remember Fergie at Utd using Kanchelskis and Porborski to soften up full backs.. Then unleashing a youthful Ryan Giggs to totally destroy teams in the last 20 minutes. When Giggs was breaking through..
Kyle Edwards on 15:23 - Jul 21 with 3670 viewsascott11

Kyle Edwards on 14:43 - Jul 21 by BigCommon

I remember Fergie at Utd using Kanchelskis and Porborski to soften up full backs.. Then unleashing a youthful Ryan Giggs to totally destroy teams in the last 20 minutes. When Giggs was breaking through..

Poborsky signed in ‘96 about 4 years after Giggs was a regular. Lee Sharpe or Danny Wallace maybe, but it never happened with Poborsky and Kanchelskis.
Kyle Edwards on 15:24 - Jul 21 with 3666 viewsRadioOrwell

Kyle Edwards on 14:43 - Jul 21 by BigCommon

yes, you can't have too many fast tricky players running at you.

It's funny how our problem is how we get all these good players not into our team, but into our squad.

Madness.
Bring back Lambert.
Kyle Edwards on 15:35 - Jul 21 with 3603 viewsBigCommon

Kyle Edwards on 15:23 - Jul 21 by ascott11

Poborsky signed in ‘96 about 4 years after Giggs was a regular. Lee Sharpe or Danny Wallace maybe, but it never happened with Poborsky and Kanchelskis.

Fare enough, got things a bit mixed there..
Kyle Edwards on 15:45 - Jul 21 with 3559 viewsWestcountryblue

I think Edwards just needs a run of games. Tough though, as Broadhead and Chaplin made themselves undroppable and it doesn't necessarily fit into the system. He's been very good by all accounts in preseason though, it just depends whether he wants to be that 20-30 minute man off the bench. In my opinion, he's better than that and certainly has a high ceiling in terms of his potential.
Kyle Edwards on 15:50 - Jul 21 with 3528 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Aluko is the odd one for me. I just don’t see when he plays but KM clearly sees a role for him otherwise he wouldn’t still be here.

Poll: Our final position

Kyle Edwards on 17:33 - Jul 21 with 3334 viewsNutkins_Return

Kyle Edwards on 15:50 - Jul 21 by southnorfolkblue

Aluko is the odd one for me. I just don’t see when he plays but KM clearly sees a role for him otherwise he wouldn’t still be here.

Yep. I just did not see him staying. Not that I don't completely understand his positive influence. Coaching role would be perfect. But he wants to play. Don't see how it works for him and also with 25 man squad it just made sense reluctantly for him to go. He only had 4 starts in L1.

But you say all that above and I think most people would agree....and then you watch him play whenever he does (like the Preston game and every preseason game) and you remember he's still quality. Even showed he's still got a burst of pace. He's just a quality man and player to have in the team.

If we have a little wobble during the season could see him coming in for a few games.
Kyle Edwards on 18:31 - Jul 21 with 3215 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Kyle Edwards on 13:40 - Jul 21 by chicoazul

I think they’ll play regularly but they won’t start regularly.

Indeed, whilst everyone in the squad played their part last season, let’s not forget the guys we brought in during the Jan window improved us immeasurably.
Kyle Edwards on 21:08 - Jul 21 with 3027 viewsipswichtillidie

Agree totally. Edwards offers is something entirely different off the Bench. I actually think he could shine this season for us. Has real quality if he can improve on his numbers.

Gav

Kyle Edwards on 06:39 - Jul 22 with 2832 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s 26 next season, has a grand total of 6 league goals and 5 assists in his entire career and was deemed good enough to start 3 league matches in division 3 last season. None of those starts were after Broadhead joined in January

I have no idea why people seemed convinced he’s suddenly going to become some sort of key player for us. The increased number of subs may mean he gets the odd opportunity from the bench but if the question is what does McKenna do here then the answer is almost certainly get rid if we get a reasonable offer or use sparingly if we don’t

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Kyle Edwards on 13:45 - Jul 22 with 2408 viewsJeff_winger

Kyle Edwards on 15:23 - Jul 21 by ascott11

Poborsky and kancheskis, we're never even at united at the same time
Kyle Edwards on 17:04 - Jul 22 with 2257 viewsMullet

Kyle Edwards on 06:39 - Jul 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

He’s 26 next season, has a grand total of 6 league goals and 5 assists in his entire career and was deemed good enough to start 3 league matches in division 3 last season. None of those starts were after Broadhead joined in January

I have no idea why people seemed convinced he’s suddenly going to become some sort of key player for us. The increased number of subs may mean he gets the odd opportunity from the bench but if the question is what does McKenna do here then the answer is almost certainly get rid if we get a reasonable offer or use sparingly if we don’t

He feels like one we will use for player trading at some point, he is incredibly likeable and great fun to watch but if he doesn't deliver he will know he's going to move on.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024