Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland spare ticket 10:14 - Jul 31 with 4754 viewslmfcblue

I have a spare Adult ticket for sale if anyone is interested
Sunderland spare ticket on 14:40 - Jul 31 with 1295 viewsSteve_M

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:13 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

Yeah pretty obvious what's going on here. The situations you describe plus a genuine (albeit mutually beneficial) offer to use a number for a high interest game someone can't make are fair game but this is a pretty low abuse of the system.

Shall we have a guess at which Twitter user is in several of the retweets encouraging this behaviour?

Remarkably someone was trying to sell on a Sunderland ticket about two days after they went on sale,

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:46 - Jul 31 with 1258 viewsMullet

Sunderland spare ticket on 14:13 - Jul 31 by LankHenners

Yeah pretty obvious what's going on here. The situations you describe plus a genuine (albeit mutually beneficial) offer to use a number for a high interest game someone can't make are fair game but this is a pretty low abuse of the system.

Shall we have a guess at which Twitter user is in several of the retweets encouraging this behaviour?

I dunno who you mean. Surely the club would rightly cancel all the accounts involved and ban them for as long as necessary for abusing the terms and conditions?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

He even calls himself.... on 14:53 - Jul 31 with 1230 viewsLankHenners

He even calls himself.... on 14:25 - Jul 31 by Bloots

...."Unofficial Ticket Outlet" in his bio.

Ironically I heard that he doesn't even bother getting tickets for himself because he attends as a "carer" for one of his kids, so gets freebies.

The sooner the club call him out for it the better.

If he had any sense of shame or perspective he'd realise that his attempts to run some sort of unregulated online ticket office makes it easier for scammers to hide in plain sight.

Indeed, the club should give him a very stern word and reiterate its message about anyone with a ticket unable to go should return it to them and ask for a refund.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Scum, sub-human scum. (n/t) on 14:54 - Jul 31 with 1218 viewsBloots

Totally delusional doofus with zero self-awareness on 14:31 - Jul 31 by Dyland

Innit ffs. He's worse than Malcers, and that's some achievement.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Scum, sub-human scum. (n/t) on 15:56 - Jul 31 with 1127 viewsMullet

Scum, sub-human scum. (n/t) on 14:54 - Jul 31 by Bloots

Wonder what the Supporters club as a body think of it too? Genuinely not to stir, but as a body they should be all over stuff like this no matter how petty it might be or seem.

What do the supporters club actually do......? on 16:16 - Jul 31 with 1101 viewsBloots

Scum, sub-human scum. (n/t) on 15:56 - Jul 31 by Mullet

Wonder what the Supporters club as a body think of it too? Genuinely not to stir, but as a body they should be all over stuff like this no matter how petty it might be or seem.

....as far as I can tell they do a player of the year award and maybe a quiz night.

A jumble sale?

A collection of milk bottle tops?

I can't really see them wanting to get involved in anything vaguely serious.

Sunderland spare ticket on 16:50 - Jul 31 with 1033 viewsNthQldITFC

Sunderland spare ticket on 10:45 - Jul 31 by ITFCson

Buy a ticket, sell said ticket, get a loyalty point. A tactic many shrewd town fans are adopting this season I think.

'Shrewd' is not the correct word.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Sunderland spare ticket on 17:59 - Jul 31 with 971 viewsNeedhamChris

It's funny the grief you're getting. Borrowing someone's gold card to queue jump others was deemed perfectly fine last season. Amazing what some extra points do!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Login to get fewer ads

Completely different on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 965 viewsDyland

Sunderland spare ticket on 17:59 - Jul 31 by NeedhamChris

It's funny the grief you're getting. Borrowing someone's gold card to queue jump others was deemed perfectly fine last season. Amazing what some extra points do!

This is people accumulating loyalty points egregiously. It's a pretty rubbish loophole if you give a sh1t about fairness.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

What do the supporters club actually do......? on 18:13 - Jul 31 with 945 viewsMullet

What do the supporters club actually do......? on 16:16 - Jul 31 by Bloots

....as far as I can tell they do a player of the year award and maybe a quiz night.

A jumble sale?

A collection of milk bottle tops?

I can't really see them wanting to get involved in anything vaguely serious.

I'm not having a dig at them because I really don't know. However, it is something which they should discuss and update members on, as membership surely resides within a code of conduct etc.

Everyone who is in the SC should hear from them I'd suggest.

Completely different on 18:14 - Jul 31 with 946 viewsSitfcB

Completely different on 18:05 - Jul 31 by Dyland

This is people accumulating loyalty points egregiously. It's a pretty rubbish loophole if you give a sh1t about fairness.

Some clubs have a system where they know if the ticket is used or not, if the ticket doesn’t get used then no points added.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Sunderland spare ticket on 18:15 - Jul 31 with 937 viewsMullet

Sunderland spare ticket on 17:59 - Jul 31 by NeedhamChris

Was it? I thought they had sold too many GCs for some of the smallest allocations and there was a lot of p1ssed off people. Especially when they had screw ups like Cambridge away so people had bought up tickets 5 mins or more before they were officially on sale and lots of diehards missed out etc?

I get the impression that Ashton.... on 18:16 - Jul 31 with 941 viewsBloots

Completely different on 18:14 - Jul 31 by SitfcB

Some clubs have a system where they know if the ticket is used or not, if the ticket doesn’t get used then no points added.

....will only care that the ticket has been sold, not where it goes or the ultimate motive for buying it.

(Stick this on the OTIB board if you're reading)

Completely different on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 932 viewsbluelagos

England travel club introduced a system where you had to verify your attendance in person. They would set up in a hotel and fans would have 2/3 days to show up along with their ID.

Previously people had been buying tickets and either passing them on or not using them...just for the caps.

Think we are some way away from doing similar.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

I looked on their website.... on 18:20 - Jul 31 with 926 viewsBloots

What do the supporters club actually do......? on 18:13 - Jul 31 by Mullet

I'm not having a dig at them because I really don't know. However, it is something which they should discuss and update members on, as membership surely resides within a code of conduct etc.

Everyone who is in the SC should hear from them I'd suggest.

....after I typed the post, out of curiosity.

I'm none the wiser.

Completely different on 18:32 - Jul 31 with 885 viewsDyland

Aye, but that doesn't stop the secondary sales market problem. If one considers it a problem of course. I guess the only way you can stop the selling on is a one off phone download, which isn't a fair solution at this time.

I don't care much personally...* had ST for twenty odd years in London and the travel to home games was enough tbh and never done very many away games out of the capital anyway... and now not too fussed about priority to Carrow Rd or indeed the over subscribed London ones.

* doesn't sit right with me though.

Almost certainly (n/t) on 18:33 - Jul 31 with 881 viewsDyland

I get the impression that Ashton.... on 18:16 - Jul 31 by Bloots

....will only care that the ticket has been sold, not where it goes or the ultimate motive for buying it.

(Stick this on the OTIB board if you're reading)

Sunderland spare ticket on 18:36 - Jul 31 with 863 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:05 - Jul 31 by the_toff

I think the points based system is a load of b0llocks really. I say this as someone with a lot of points, but for me anyone with a season ticket is a Town fan and worthy of equal priority over away games IMO. I think the points thing can encourage behaviours like buying and reselling tickets (not suggesting it's happening here) and also just over complicates matters.

Personally I think the priority card should be about £30 and then the priorities as follows:

ST + Priority Card: Day 1
ST only: Day 2
Priority Card only: Day 3
General Sale: Day 4

Having had a ST and then for many years not having one, I can see both sides. ST holders are obviously regulars and big payers in any given season. On the other hand, there’ll be plenty of us living away who’ve seen many more games over the years than many ST holders. Through thick and thin, travelling hours to each game, huddled on wet and cold terraces with a few hundred souls when we weren’t fashionable. But we get nothing for that long term dedication. That’s just the way it is, so I get it. I don’t know if it’s possible to keep all types of fan happy when demand out strips supply.

This re-selling issue is obviously going to be a thing this season. Normally there’s no adverse reaction on here to someone reselling a ticket. There have only been a few so far this season, but already people are getting annoyed (rightly so if people are gaming the system for their own gain, imo).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Completely different on 18:58 - Jul 31 with 810 viewshammo56

Completely different on 18:20 - Jul 31 by bluelagos

England travel club introduced a system where you had to verify your attendance in person. They would set up in a hotel and fans would have 2/3 days to show up along with their ID.

Previously people had been buying tickets and either passing them on or not using them...just for the caps.

Think we are some way away from doing similar.

Yep, that brings back some memories.
Sunderland spare ticket on 19:55 - Jul 31 with 750 viewsITFCson

Sunderland spare ticket on 16:50 - Jul 31 by NthQldITFC

'Shrewd' is not the correct word.

That depends on ones morale stance. The club created a terrible loyalty system. Plus they made it with loopholes that can easily be exploited. Lets face it, many of us has a morale compass that is not perfectly aligned when it comes to many other things in life.
Sunderland spare ticket on 20:07 - Jul 31 with 721 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So is it now really bad to let someone use your gold cad/membership to take a chance on buying a ticket? Asking for a friend who used to think he was helping forum users out now and again.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Sunderland spare ticket on 20:13 - Jul 31 with 694 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sunderland spare ticket on 11:14 - Jul 31 by Stewart27

The best way to stop it is for nobody to buy privately. Forcing that person to return it to the club and then they won’t do it again as they know it won’t sell.

This is like council house buying all over again.....I blame Thatcher.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Sunderland spare ticket on 20:13 - Jul 31 with 694 viewslmfcblue

Sunderland spare ticket on 19:55 - Jul 31 by ITFCson

That depends on ones morale stance. The club created a terrible loyalty system. Plus they made it with loopholes that can easily be exploited. Lets face it, many of us has a morale compass that is not perfectly aligned when it comes to many other things in life.

I should imagine that all that are crying on here would snap my hand off if it was a spare Norwich ticket!
Sunderland spare ticket on 20:30 - Jul 31 with 670 viewsVegtablue

Sunderland spare ticket on 20:07 - Jul 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

So is it now really bad to let someone use your gold cad/membership to take a chance on buying a ticket? Asking for a friend who used to think he was helping forum users out now and again.

It's really bad to buy tickets for nobody Bankster, depriving those who should have had the chance to buy them and obviously for personal gain alone.

Queue-boosting people you know obviously isn't what memberships are designed for and deprives people who should have been further in line. Some people benefiting from this will be Town-mad folk who can't afford to go regularly themselves, some will have heartwarming stories that you just want to root for and some will be mildly interested people that have no business speeding to the front. In all these cases, bad to heartwarming, the OP's scenario is much worse.
Sunderland spare ticket on 20:34 - Jul 31 with 649 viewsDyland

Sunderland spare ticket on 20:13 - Jul 31 by lmfcblue

I should imagine that all that are crying on here would snap my hand off if it was a spare Norwich ticket!

To be fair there are some assumptions being made about motives, but most posts are pretty balanced about that. It's led to a vaguely decent thread about the loopholes in the system, so well done for that :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024