Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet 10:49 - Aug 25 with 5324 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Although they haven't started the strongest, I do expect them (and Southampton) to largely start to come into their own once the initial relegation hangover is cleared. Their manager knows this division well and is a quality coach, they are still investing wisely into their team and they will be backed by a very vocal away support.

We need to be up for it like we were against Stoke, both on the pitch and in the stands, be loud, be hostile towards them on the pitch and back our team all of the way. If we play like we did against Stoke we can win, an early goal will help us greatly I feel.

Every game will have to be a bit of a Cup final this season while we find our feet at the new level.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:00 - Aug 25 with 4263 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Feel pretty nervous about this one, surely Leeds are going to click into gear at some point. Gnonto and Sinisterra are available for selection, no idea how fit and ready they are mind. Piroe will probably get a chance to become an instant hero having played every game for Swansea so far. Farke needs a win, which is unsettling.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:03 - Aug 25 with 4245 viewsburnbudgiesburn

It's great, every game feels like it matters and every goal is really worth celebrating. You know at 1-0 you are never safe.

Last year at times games were training sessions in which we had 90 minutes to see if we can break a side down who were camped in their box. I can only equate it to cricket and cheering taking wickets or runs against Zimbabwe. You still cheer them but know against Australia it counts.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 11:04]
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:03 - Aug 25 with 4239 viewsjp_itfc

It's going to be a humdinger. Both sides that will want to play on the front foot, should be an exciting game. 2-1 town!
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:57 - Aug 25 with 3943 viewsLower_North

This ain't no QPR.

A little Desmond here.

2-2
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:59 - Aug 25 with 3921 viewsblueasfook

3-1 no problem.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:24 - Aug 25 with 3775 views_clive_baker_

They have a ridiculous amount of quality in their squad, even before they welcomed back Gnonto and Sinisterra, 2 internationals who are undeniably very talented players.

I watched them against West Brom and thought they lacked a little something going forward, particularly on the right and through the middle, but you add those 2, and now Piroe into the mix and they're a different proposition. Dan James is dangerous on the left hand side too.

I'm hoping this game might have come a little early for them, what with all the uncertainty, but I don't think it'll be long before they get motoring and you wouldn't bet against them getting their first win pretty soon.

It's certainly going to be an interesting test. I do believe Broadhead and Davis can have some joy against Ayling, Burns and Clarke on the other side too against Byram. If Morsy and Luongo can win the midfield battle and we can impose our style on them I think we can cause some problems. I'll go for 1-1, red card for someone, and a 'great advert' for the Championship.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:32 - Aug 25 with 3713 viewspennblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:24 - Aug 25 by _clive_baker_

They have a ridiculous amount of quality in their squad, even before they welcomed back Gnonto and Sinisterra, 2 internationals who are undeniably very talented players.

I watched them against West Brom and thought they lacked a little something going forward, particularly on the right and through the middle, but you add those 2, and now Piroe into the mix and they're a different proposition. Dan James is dangerous on the left hand side too.

I'm hoping this game might have come a little early for them, what with all the uncertainty, but I don't think it'll be long before they get motoring and you wouldn't bet against them getting their first win pretty soon.

It's certainly going to be an interesting test. I do believe Broadhead and Davis can have some joy against Ayling, Burns and Clarke on the other side too against Byram. If Morsy and Luongo can win the midfield battle and we can impose our style on them I think we can cause some problems. I'll go for 1-1, red card for someone, and a 'great advert' for the Championship.

"I'm hoping this game might have come a little early for them"

I think that might be wishful thinking. After they have failed to register 3 pts so far, they will be even more determined to do so tomorrow.

I would take a point.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:35 - Aug 25 with 3688 viewsflettonblue

Leeds games a reality check, first one v ex prem team from last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:48 - Aug 25 with 3613 viewsitfc_bucks

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:35 - Aug 25 by flettonblue

Leeds games a reality check, first one v ex prem team from last season.

I disagree. It's a bit of a free-hit, nobody will be unduly surprised if we don't win.

At the same time, if we do, I can't see this changing anything for the way McKenna approaches games. He won't allow the players to get ahead of themselves.

It's just another game.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:53 - Aug 25 with 3534 viewsMattinLondon

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:48 - Aug 25 by itfc_bucks

I disagree. It's a bit of a free-hit, nobody will be unduly surprised if we don't win.

At the same time, if we do, I can't see this changing anything for the way McKenna approaches games. He won't allow the players to get ahead of themselves.

It's just another game.

KM and his team do not do free hits and they will approach this match with the desire for three points. Leeds were a tad shambolic at the back last season - granted they were in the PL - but they are beatable.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:15 - Aug 25 with 3372 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:48 - Aug 25 by itfc_bucks

It's just another game.

Huckerby already has his tweet typed out ready for if we lose. You can be sure of that. Rattled and then some with his Madrid comments.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:17 - Aug 25 with 3359 viewsIllinoisblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 12:32 - Aug 25 by pennblue

"I'm hoping this game might have come a little early for them"

I think that might be wishful thinking. After they have failed to register 3 pts so far, they will be even more determined to do so tomorrow.

I would take a point.

That might work in our favour if they come at us. Can see a high-scoring draw.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:23 - Aug 25 with 3290 viewsNthQldITFC

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:15 - Aug 25 by Illinoisblue

Huckerby already has his tweet typed out ready for if we lose. You can be sure of that. Rattled and then some with his Madrid comments.

Who? Is he the one who went to Chelsea, or the one with the hat?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:23 - Aug 25 with 3292 viewsAsa

Never really followed this thinking.

Leeds have 2 points. They couldn't win at home against what will probably be a poor Cardiff side nor could they beat what will likely be an average West Brom side. They also lost to Birmingham, who look like they might be decent.

It's actually the case that WE are their biggest test so far potentially.

Their individual quality thus far has counted for nothing. There's always an element of doom mongering that it'll be the week they play your team that they click. But why would it be tomorrow? If anything, they'll be more nervy and more edgy after a poor start.

I could see Leeds beating us tomorrow, but I could also see us beating them 3-0. It depends on a lot of factors and you have to be wary of individual quality, but look at some of the players in our squad that finished 11th in League One. Look at the Chelsea side that finished 12th.

At the moment, Leeds are nothing to be concerned with. I'm sure they will pick up points and be a decent side this season but we are currently a well drilled machine full of form and at home. They are an assortment of new bits, wantaway bits, players returning to fitness, who have had an awful start.

Absolutely we have to respect them but right now they are likely more worried about us than we are them.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:45 - Aug 25 with 3173 viewspennblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:23 - Aug 25 by Asa

Never really followed this thinking.

Leeds have 2 points. They couldn't win at home against what will probably be a poor Cardiff side nor could they beat what will likely be an average West Brom side. They also lost to Birmingham, who look like they might be decent.

It's actually the case that WE are their biggest test so far potentially.

Their individual quality thus far has counted for nothing. There's always an element of doom mongering that it'll be the week they play your team that they click. But why would it be tomorrow? If anything, they'll be more nervy and more edgy after a poor start.

I could see Leeds beating us tomorrow, but I could also see us beating them 3-0. It depends on a lot of factors and you have to be wary of individual quality, but look at some of the players in our squad that finished 11th in League One. Look at the Chelsea side that finished 12th.

At the moment, Leeds are nothing to be concerned with. I'm sure they will pick up points and be a decent side this season but we are currently a well drilled machine full of form and at home. They are an assortment of new bits, wantaway bits, players returning to fitness, who have had an awful start.

Absolutely we have to respect them but right now they are likely more worried about us than we are them.

"Never really followed this thinking"

For me it is about mindset, if the players and us fans are prepared mentally for a battle then we go into the game in as strong a position as possible.

So taking the view that it is going to be an incredibly tough game puts us in that position. We all need to be fully at it tomorrow, but I am sure we will be.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 13:51]

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:51 - Aug 25 with 3106 viewsAsa

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:45 - Aug 25 by pennblue

"Never really followed this thinking"

For me it is about mindset, if the players and us fans are prepared mentally for a battle then we go into the game in as strong a position as possible.

So taking the view that it is going to be an incredibly tough game puts us in that position. We all need to be fully at it tomorrow, but I am sure we will be.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 13:51]

Of course. Any game you aren't prepared right for you have a far greater chance of coming unstuck.

But I've never bought into the whole 'Liverpool are going to batter us' when they have won 3, lost 18 and are 35 points below us, just because of the size of the club or the players in the squad.

Leeds have some unbelievably players for this level and if they are on it, or we aren't, then it may not end well for us.

But when we have won 3 out of 3, have a settled side in-form, a clear system and are at home and they are yet to win, don't know what their best side is, have a new manager and new players and have started poorly, far too much is made of it being Leeds.

We battered West Ham when they were top. We battered Newcastle when they were top. Leeds have that same quality for this division, better perhaps, but are not even close to their levels of performance.

If we play anything like we can tomorrow I think we will win. If it was the equally talented Leicester we were facing I'd be far less confident because of how they have started, but like superstitions there is always a weird element to ignore all the other facts like form, momentum, tactical familiarity and just say they have better players so we are in trouble.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:54 - Aug 25 with 3076 viewsyorkshireblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 11:00 - Aug 25 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Feel pretty nervous about this one, surely Leeds are going to click into gear at some point. Gnonto and Sinisterra are available for selection, no idea how fit and ready they are mind. Piroe will probably get a chance to become an instant hero having played every game for Swansea so far. Farke needs a win, which is unsettling.

Is Piroe available?
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 3077 viewsMullet

They're in a mess, trying to cobble together some form and unity. Players missing all over the place and conceding sloppy goals.

Could literally go any which way tomorrow given how we've played and still got three points each game.

Plus Farke is a bell.

There's just as much evidence to suggest we could get into them and really mess them up, especially given their fans will start wetting their plants the moment someone makes mistake.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:55 - Aug 25 with 3072 viewspennblue

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:51 - Aug 25 by Asa

Of course. Any game you aren't prepared right for you have a far greater chance of coming unstuck.

But I've never bought into the whole 'Liverpool are going to batter us' when they have won 3, lost 18 and are 35 points below us, just because of the size of the club or the players in the squad.

Leeds have some unbelievably players for this level and if they are on it, or we aren't, then it may not end well for us.

But when we have won 3 out of 3, have a settled side in-form, a clear system and are at home and they are yet to win, don't know what their best side is, have a new manager and new players and have started poorly, far too much is made of it being Leeds.

We battered West Ham when they were top. We battered Newcastle when they were top. Leeds have that same quality for this division, better perhaps, but are not even close to their levels of performance.

If we play anything like we can tomorrow I think we will win. If it was the equally talented Leicester we were facing I'd be far less confident because of how they have started, but like superstitions there is always a weird element to ignore all the other facts like form, momentum, tactical familiarity and just say they have better players so we are in trouble.

Well that is the optimistic view and of what we want to happen. I prefer to take the pessimistic view still at this stage. We have won all 3, but there are signs that this team is not strong enough for this league yet. QPR should have gone 1-0 up last week and we were very lucky they didn't. If they had it would have been very difficult to get back into that game.

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:57 - Aug 25 with 3036 viewsHerbivore

They've got individual quality but they've not exactly started the season well. If we can get at them early and unsettle them I don't see why we can't pick up another three points here. It won't be easy but games of football rarely are if you aren't Man City.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 14:57 - Aug 25 with 2817 viewsBlueBoots

"If Morsy and Luongo can win the midfield battle"

...their opposite numbers this weekend are likely to be a 17 year old and a 22 year old on loan from Chelsea. We might be outplayed for periods tomorrow like all our previous games this season, but If we're outfought in midfield I'll be startled.

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 15:11 - Aug 25 with 2759 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

They've got more than enough for an automatic spot and I expect them to be thereabouts at the end, the same with Leicester, Southampton and I would put Norwich, Coventry and even Watford in that bracket as well. Very good teams that if they get a run together should be a shoe in for promotion.
Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 15:19 - Aug 25 with 2728 viewsHerbivore

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 15:11 - Aug 25 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

They've got more than enough for an automatic spot and I expect them to be thereabouts at the end, the same with Leicester, Southampton and I would put Norwich, Coventry and even Watford in that bracket as well. Very good teams that if they get a run together should be a shoe in for promotion.

How can six teams be a shoo in for promotion when only three teams can go up?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 18:39 - Aug 25 with 2561 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 13:54 - Aug 25 by yorkshireblue

Is Piroe available?

I don't know and I hope not! Have read conflicting things.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Leeds United will be our toughest test yet on 18:45 - Aug 25 with 2537 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Well, they are the champions of Europe

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024