Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? 15:25 - Sep 16 with 5885 viewsSimonds92

One of our top performers for a third successive season so far. Really dont know how we can improve on him at this level.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 11:58 - Sep 17 with 1233 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 09:19 - Sep 17 by Stewart27

“But he ran around and got involved in lots of good stuff so it's cooler to ignore any bad bits”

That’s your defence of Burns in order to justify your negative digs and say that you have a balanced view. You just can’t hold your hand up can you? It’s like talking to a kid in a playground.

You’re digging your hole deeper here. Please now tell me who acts like Wes is god or untouchable. Nobody. People do feel the need to defend him to people like yourself who spout rubbish about him.

Somebody presenting you statistics and facts is an objective measure of what Burns does. But you’ve tried to angle this by saying they are stats that make him look good over half a season.

You only need to half a footballing brain to know that Wes is just fine. Not our best player but he’s stepped up pretty easily to this level.

No. I made the comment as someone else made it first about coolness of a thought.

Again the part that's being ignored. Clearly with intention is that I've agreed on his strong points. My thoughts have always been and he showed it again yesterday he messes up some easy opportunities. Its frustrating and its why I don't rate him as highly as others.

You say people need to defend him.. no one posted an op about him not being good enough.

After an amazing victory. Its a rather odd op tbh. Especially when said player messed up opportunities again anyway.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:31 - Sep 19 with 1138 viewsFrimleyBlue

And that is why he's not.
What a waste of another chance. Ffs

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:33 - Sep 19 with 1123 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:31 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Knew you'd be an excitable, sticky mess when he missed that chance.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:35 - Sep 19 with 1102 viewsdanger_matt

I love Wes dearly. But he has to put his left through that. Mind boggling that’s not his instinct.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 20:37]
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:38 - Sep 19 with 1082 viewsStewart27

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:35 - Sep 19 by danger_matt

I love Wes dearly. But he has to put his left through that. Mind boggling that’s not his instinct.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 20:37]

He should of wacked the ball.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:38 - Sep 19 with 1082 viewsTrequartista

Ironically, he should have just whacked it.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:43 - Sep 19 with 1061 viewsRobTheMonk

A player who has been an ever present in our promotion and subsequent fantastic run in the Championship. Phenomenal work rate.

Should have done better with his chance today and is guilty of missing other chances.

His movement creates for other too.

Happy to have starting personally.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:45 - Sep 19 with 1049 viewsNutkins_Return

Wes has been fine this match. That was a harder chance then Chaplin's. The cut inside was lovely and got the finish wrong. And you come onto a forum excitedly to post that!! Anti fan pure and simple. It's actually pathetic. If you are going to behave like this to our own players (who as you write it have us top of the table) then you aren't capable of supporting us and should go find another team as you don't deserve what our players are producing.

Absolute melt.
Login to get fewer ads

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:49 - Sep 19 with 1023 viewsVegtablue

It was a bad efforr Frimmers!

BUT Wes' industry down the right side makes him one of our most dangerous players. I don't know who in the squad you would prefer to play in that space?
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:03 - Sep 19 with 1006 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 20:45 - Sep 19 by Nutkins_Return

Wes has been fine this match. That was a harder chance then Chaplin's. The cut inside was lovely and got the finish wrong. And you come onto a forum excitedly to post that!! Anti fan pure and simple. It's actually pathetic. If you are going to behave like this to our own players (who as you write it have us top of the table) then you aren't capable of supporting us and should go find another team as you don't deserve what our players are producing.

Absolute melt.

Calm down luv your heart will go.

Some made a point that I should own my opinions. So that's what I'm doing. Now you're saying its wrong to do that.

He's done what wes always does. Runs about. Tackles. Does what he does to his best ability. And he has his strengths.

But his end product is woefully short for this level.

I'll be on after to give a summary of my game thoughts which will include plenty of positives btw.

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:15 - Sep 19 with 967 viewsYallop2

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:03 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Some made a point that I should own my opinions. So that's what I'm doing. Now you're saying its wrong to do that.

He's done what wes always does. Runs about. Tackles. Does what he does to his best ability. And he has his strengths.

I'll be on after to give a summary of my game thoughts which will include plenty of positives btw.

Why on earth do you think anyone will want to read your match summary. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:24 - Sep 19 with 936 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:15 - Sep 19 by Yallop2

Why on earth do you think anyone will want to read your match summary. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Same pins used whilst reading my post in this thread?

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 909 viewsStewart27

Own your opinion! Wow.

If you believe that what you’ve come on here and posted tonight is what people have said you should do then there really isn’t any helping you.

Your treatment of Burns is shocking. The little remarks about running around a bit is beyond tedious now.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 906 viewsSwansea_Blue

He's just ripped them apart twice there. Seems ok to me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 904 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

He's just ripped them apart twice there. Seems ok to me.

What a goal we got from it

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:32 - Sep 19 with 897 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 by Stewart27

Own your opinion! Wow.

If you believe that what you’ve come on here and posted tonight is what people have said you should do then there really isn’t any helping you.

Your treatment of Burns is shocking. The little remarks about running around a bit is beyond tedious now.

Lol. You act like I send him personal letters.

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:36 - Sep 19 with 877 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:30 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

What a goal we got from it

Fair point. We should drop him because he hasn't got 100% stats. He should be more like Harness there.

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:38 - Sep 19 with 869 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:36 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

Fair point. We should drop him because he hasn't got 100% stats. He should be more like Harness there.

He was earlier

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:47 - Sep 19 with 854 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:38 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

He was earlier

Nobody's going to be perfect at this level. You're slightly irrational about Wes. He offers so much more than some of our other forwards/wingers.

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:02 - Sep 19 with 810 viewsNutkins_Return

Some people said that? Did they. I didn't. I like everyone else on here says you are ridiculous and double down on your ridiculous opinions like a child.

He shift I've just seen Wes put in with nothing left in the tank was absolutely outstanding.

Having an opinion that he has no end product despite the goals and assists he has is nothing short of stupidity.

He's playing International football and playing superbly for OUR club.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:05 - Sep 19 with 799 viewsNutkins_Return

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 21:47 - Sep 19 by Swansea_Blue

Nobody's going to be perfect at this level. You're slightly irrational about Wes. He offers so much more than some of our other forwards/wingers.

Slightly?

He loves the attention. That's the problem. I mean it's not like he can believe what he's saying.

Most embarrassing poster I can remember since that other lad with fishers? Or sonething.
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:06 - Sep 19 with 793 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:02 - Sep 19 by Nutkins_Return

Some people said that? Did they. I didn't. I like everyone else on here says you are ridiculous and double down on your ridiculous opinions like a child.

He shift I've just seen Wes put in with nothing left in the tank was absolutely outstanding.

Having an opinion that he has no end product despite the goals and assists he has is nothing short of stupidity.

He's playing International football and playing superbly for OUR club.

You and others keep going on about his goal stats. They once were great. They haven't been for a fair while.

If he was a standard wing back I'd agree with many opinions. But he isn't. He's alot more attacking focused. And for that role he isn't clinical enough. Far far from it.

You like him fine.

But again nights like tonight showed why I don't personally feel he's good enough.

Tbh all that matters is does KM.

For now yes so fine.

But we will see come Jan and summer. As these chances he can't keep fluffing imo.

Waka waka eh eh

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:16 - Sep 19 with 771 viewstextbackup

He absolutely works his socks off, there is no doubting that… however, his final ball, and wasted chances could/will cost us at some point.

That one tonight with outside of his foot was horrible

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:21 - Sep 19 with 751 viewsVegtablue

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:06 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

You and others keep going on about his goal stats. They once were great. They haven't been for a fair while.

If he was a standard wing back I'd agree with many opinions. But he isn't. He's alot more attacking focused. And for that role he isn't clinical enough. Far far from it.

You like him fine.

But again nights like tonight showed why I don't personally feel he's good enough.

For now yes so fine.

But we will see come Jan and summer. As these chances he can't keep fluffing imo.

The Saints commentators picked him out as having a very good game. He made a couple of possibly vital defensive contributions today in addition to being a regular threat. I don't think many disagree his end product can be improved on, but there are many players occupying that role in the Championship who are nowhere near as involved in matches as Wes always is. He's relentless. It also isn't fair to single him out lately, given the chances that have fallen to Hirst, Chappers, Freddie and Broadhead in recent games and not been finished at all well. I'm not sure how we've only scored 2 goals in the last 180+ mins.

Improving on these players costs a good chunk of money and they have us sitting 2nd. Could be worse!
Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:22 - Sep 19 with 747 viewsNutkins_Return

Who still thinks Wes isn't up to this level? on 22:06 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

You like him fine.

For now yes so fine.

He was outstanding tonight. Learn the game. It wasn't about him scoring 1-2-3 or whatever tonight. We had to dig in against a good side. It was about positioning, make good decisions on when to go, when to stay. Driving us up the pitch. Tracking back time and again when the body doesn't want it. His data tonight will be top level. He has been superb this season. He's gone up a level in his game and physical output.

He's got international recognition for his play last 6 months or so.

But Frimley saw him miss a shot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024