Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town creating mini KMs 17:52 - Sep 18 with 3846 viewsFrimleyBlue

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Town creating mini KMs on 18:10 - Sep 18 with 3684 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Great video that. Has all of the hallmarks of our players being inspired to move into coaching by watching McKenna at work.

Can mean nothing but good things for us as a club.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Town creating mini KMs on 18:21 - Sep 18 with 3608 viewsMattinLondon

Town creating mini KMs on 18:10 - Sep 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Great video that. Has all of the hallmarks of our players being inspired to move into coaching by watching McKenna at work.

Possibly with members of the squad being inspired to do their coaching badges then their tactical understanding and discipline will be better than the opposition. Could well be worth a few extra points come the end of the season.
Town creating mini KMs on 19:01 - Sep 18 with 3465 viewsKeno

just when you think you couldn't love this squad, this management, this club anymore than you do along comes a video like this

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Town creating mini KMs on 19:10 - Sep 18 with 3428 viewsjasondozzell

Brilliant. Kmac inspiring!
Town creating mini KMs on 19:20 - Sep 18 with 3365 viewsGrandpa

Strikes me as history repeating
ITFC were famed for bringing unknown youngsters through & even Bobby had other coaches come & see how he did things, notably Sven Goran Eriksen among others
I hope the "history repeating" also means silverware to follow...
Town creating mini KMs on 22:24 - Sep 18 with 2962 viewsArnieM

That’s the interesting thing about coaching ( in any sport), is when you have to teach it to others it makes you reflect on your own understanding of the tactic/ skill / or game in general. Like Luongo says , you forget how much you really know yourself, and have to bring the teaching down several levels. It’s good for the seniors to reflect on their own levels too and coaching makes you do that. Great video 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Town creating mini KMs on 22:37 - Sep 18 with 2910 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town creating mini KMs on 18:10 - Sep 18 by Cheltenham_Blue

Also the positives that it shows with current players learning why they play the way they do and not just doing what they've been asked to do. It's a massive thing.

Of everything to come out of the club in the past couple years, this imo Is another level of excellence.

So the question now is who gets the job in years to come

Chappers or Morsy....

Waka waka eh eh

Town creating mini KMs on 22:51 - Sep 18 with 2859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Town creating mini KMs on 19:01 - Sep 18 by Keno

just when you think you couldn't love this squad, this management, this club anymore than you do along comes a video like this

Well yes, and this stuff about improving the players as people is all well and good. But do we have A 5 Point Plan?

I couldn’t have imagined we’d be in this place just a few years ago. We have a modern, intelligent leader in Kieran, who together with the work of Ashton and all their staff have transformed our club beyond recognition. It’s the stuff like this that tells me they just get it. This is about the journey of continuous learning and development, so everyone can reach their potential in whatever they want to do. The end destination is almost irrelevant, but with this level of passion, energy and enthusiasm it can only be good.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Town creating mini KMs on 07:11 - Sep 19 with 2614 viewshoppy

Town creating mini KMs on 22:51 - Sep 18 by Swansea_Blue

Well yes, and this stuff about improving the players as people is all well and good. But do we have A 5 Point Plan?

I couldn’t have imagined we’d be in this place just a few years ago. We have a modern, intelligent leader in Kieran, who together with the work of Ashton and all their staff have transformed our club beyond recognition. It’s the stuff like this that tells me they just get it. This is about the journey of continuous learning and development, so everyone can reach their potential in whatever they want to do. The end destination is almost irrelevant, but with this level of passion, energy and enthusiasm it can only be good.

“They just get it”? - well, where’s my free pint then?!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Town creating mini KMs on 07:43 - Sep 19 with 2536 viewsgosblue

Town creating mini KMs on 19:20 - Sep 18 by Grandpa

Strikes me as history repeating
ITFC were famed for bringing unknown youngsters through & even Bobby had other coaches come & see how he did things, notably Sven Goran Eriksen among others
I hope the "history repeating" also means silverware to follow...

I think there s a bit of luck involved in who you were coached by or who you learned from. The Robson/Mourinho and Mourinho/McKenna connections are there for all to see.
Town creating mini KMs on 08:07 - Sep 19 with 2501 viewstextbackup

Gone are the days when the term ‘characters’ in and around a club meant they went on the piss 3 times a week, and we’re loud in the dressing room

That short video is possibly the most exciting thing I’ve seen from the last 2/3 years with this club.

Players that are in their peak, taking badges, wanting to operate/think like they see their manager doing on a daily basis. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Reminds me of the managerial tree that I often see on Twitter, where it had Sir Bobby at the top, with various branches coming off, with coaches and managers having become something under his guidance. (Ironically KMc is on there)
But in years to come I could see KMc having his own tree.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Town creating mini KMs on 09:01 - Sep 19 with 2386 viewsjayessess

Town creating mini KMs on 08:07 - Sep 19 by textbackup

Gone are the days when the term ‘characters’ in and around a club meant they went on the piss 3 times a week, and we’re loud in the dressing room

That short video is possibly the most exciting thing I’ve seen from the last 2/3 years with this club.

Players that are in their peak, taking badges, wanting to operate/think like they see their manager doing on a daily basis. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

Reminds me of the managerial tree that I often see on Twitter, where it had Sir Bobby at the top, with various branches coming off, with coaches and managers having become something under his guidance. (Ironically KMc is on there)

What KM does at Ipswich seems so unique to me, that I wonder if we'd even be able to look externally for our next coach. I do wonder if we'd need to be identifying someone in the building who could carry it on?

Sone Aluko, 2026 Ipswich Town manager?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Town creating mini KMs on 09:20 - Sep 19 with 2336 viewsEpiphone

Just makes you proud,I bet SBR is looking down with a smile on his face.
Town creating mini KMs on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 2156 viewsNORFOLK_BLUE

As a club, this is fantastic to see. Makes you really proud of the efforts these players are going to whilst at the club.

However, it is slightly frustraiting that volunteer coaches at grass roots level can't even buy a place onthis course. 3rd year running I got no luck in the 'random ballot' yet we have 4 players from ITFC who seemingly got lucky....
Jesus! on 11:22 - Sep 19 with 2142 viewsDyland

In under two years we've become completely unrecognisable to what we'd become since declining inexorably (despite some relatively minor peaks) for twenty years.

Nice one Keiron, you're a fackin football hero, and depending how the fates blow could become a real ITFC legend. Whatever. For the here and now thank you thank you thank you. And good work Ashton (and the money bods) for facilitating it.

'Cultural change' doesn't really get close to the reality of whats happening innit.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2023 11:23]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Town creating mini KMs on 11:34 - Sep 19 with 2112 viewsblueasfook

The club has made tremendous strides since Gamechanger came in. Coupled with the appointment of KM, we are looking in great shape.

Long may it continue!

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Town creating mini KMs on 11:36 - Sep 19 with 2108 viewsitfcjoe

Town creating mini KMs on 08:07 - Sep 19 by textbackup

It wasn't that long ago that a previous manager vetoed a couple of senior players from finishing their badges - I feel sorry for players that weren't able to play under KM for us as it's clearly such a great place to be

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Town creating mini KMs on 16:48 - Sep 19 with 1851 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Do you reckon they teach smarminess or is that something Kieran just naturally has?

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Town creating mini KMs on 18:08 - Sep 19 with 1716 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town creating mini KMs on 16:48 - Sep 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Do you reckon they teach smarminess or is that something Kieran just naturally has?

Hahahahshshahshshahahahahha

Ha

Waka waka eh eh

Town creating mini KMs on 18:15 - Sep 19 with 1704 viewsMattinLondon

Town creating mini KMs on 16:48 - Sep 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Regurgitating the same joke all of the time at the expense of one poster isn’t that great a look.
Town creating mini KMs on 22:31 - Sep 19 with 1607 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Town creating mini KMs on 18:15 - Sep 19 by MattinLondon

Regurgitating the same joke all of the time at the expense of one poster isn’t that great a look.

Just a bit of fun, and it looks like Frimmers took it that way too.

Town creating mini KMs on 22:37 - Sep 19 with 1561 viewsRyorry

Town creating mini KMs on 11:36 - Sep 19 by itfcjoe

It wasn't that long ago that a previous manager vetoed a couple of senior players from finishing their badges - I feel sorry for players that weren't able to play under KM for us as it's clearly such a great place to be

Jeez, I didn't even know that - was it Lambert?

Anyway - another great thing is that a whole new generation of kids & thus players and fans are also being inspired. Wwonderful stuff

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Town creating mini KMs on 22:38 - Sep 19 with 1553 viewsFrimleyBlue

Town creating mini KMs on 22:31 - Sep 19 by The_Flashing_Smile

Just a bit of fun, and it looks like Frimmers took it that way too.

Tbf I'm surprised it took so long lol.

Waka waka eh eh

Town creating mini KMs on 00:20 - Sep 20 with 1393 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Town creating mini KMs on 22:38 - Sep 19 by FrimleyBlue

Tbf I'm surprised it took so long lol.

Me too, it was like an open goal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024