Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trouble yesterday apparently… 09:04 - Oct 1 with 9924 viewsITFC_Forever

https://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/119152/fighting

Didn’t see it myself, we walked back towards the Gasworks car park without a hint of trouble.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 17:28 - Oct 2 with 1993 viewsPlums

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 16:08 - Oct 2 by lizzibee

If this ever happened it would be the day me and the boy stop going to football. The banter etc with the away fans is all part of the experience. I've watched a rugby game and find the atmosphere so boring for this reason.

Then you'd hate the vast majority of German football where fans sit together, drink beer and those who want to make a racket and support their teams do so in their own ends. The emphasis is on support though - not hostility. The atmosphere is loud, noisy and vocal but with one or two exceptions, there is little or no threat. We have a lot to learn.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 1850 viewslizzibee

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 17:28 - Oct 2 by Plums

Then you'd hate the vast majority of German football where fans sit together, drink beer and those who want to make a racket and support their teams do so in their own ends. The emphasis is on support though - not hostility. The atmosphere is loud, noisy and vocal but with one or two exceptions, there is little or no threat. We have a lot to learn.

Brought up on German football.
I'd hate to be sat next to opposing fans personally. Get many people disagree but would ruin the whole experience for me. I have no issue with hostility in the ground - all good banter. Should not spill out onto violence but that hostility make it a difficulty ground for opposition teams
Moving towards prawn sandwich era
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:04 - Oct 2 with 1777 viewsjontysnut

If this ever happened it would be the day me and the boy stop going to football. The banter etc with the away fans is all part of the experience. I've watched a rugby game and find the atmosphere so boring for this reason.

I've been on a train with rugby union fans abusing people and giving some young women a hard time. Gits will be gits
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:20 - Oct 2 with 1726 viewsibbleobble

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 10:00 - Oct 1 by woodbridge_blue

This is starting to become a worrying trend, back to back reports of trouble involving a number of our supporters....have we suddenly attracted an undesirable element to our games? Is it kids fancying their chances?

Either way it needs to be nipped in the bud quickly.

…is it a coincidence it’s Yorkshire again?
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:29 - Oct 2 with 1695 viewsRyorry

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:20 - Oct 2 by ibbleobble

…is it a coincidence it’s Yorkshire again?

Yes

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I'm with you on this Lizzers on 20:32 - Oct 2 with 1689 viewsDyland

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 19:26 - Oct 2 by lizzibee

Brought up on German football.
I'd hate to be sat next to opposing fans personally. Get many people disagree but would ruin the whole experience for me. I have no issue with hostility in the ground - all good banter. Should not spill out onto violence but that hostility make it a difficulty ground for opposition teams
Moving towards prawn sandwich era

Tribalism is part and parcel of watching Town, and a large part of why I keep going. Dunno, maybe I'd get into it as described in Germany, can't say.

The up off your seat anger (cos that's what it is, not "passion") and banter and chest thumping is great! There is a very clear, thick old line though innit. It never, ever crosses over into physical violence, offensive abuse, or aggression against anyone, verbal or physical, outside of the ground.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm with you on this Lizzers on 20:35 - Oct 2 with 1667 viewsRyorry

I'm with you on this Lizzers on 20:32 - Oct 2 by Dyland

Tribalism is part and parcel of watching Town, and a large part of why I keep going. Dunno, maybe I'd get into it as described in Germany, can't say.

The up off your seat anger (cos that's what it is, not "passion") and banter and chest thumping is great! There is a very clear, thick old line though innit. It never, ever crosses over into physical violence, offensive abuse, or aggression against anyone, verbal or physical, outside of the ground.

*This*, in a nutshell.

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:39 - Oct 2 with 1659 viewsRyorry

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 17:28 - Oct 2 by Plums

Meanwhile, in the good 'ol US of A -

Login to get fewer ads

Cracking right hook on 20:43 - Oct 2 with 1646 viewsDyland

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:39 - Oct 2 by Ryorry

Meanwhile, in the good 'ol US of A -

I wouldn't have got up from that :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 13:15 - Oct 3 with 1320 viewssjg

I also saw bottles being thrown back and forth between fans in the Cobbold Lower and Wolves fans in the away end (not sure who threw them first!) this time last week. Does seem like our success is bringing out idiots, although I suppose it was bound to happen.

I imagine a few of them that think they have a point to prove will try to prove it when we play Norwich, and will quickly be banned.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 13:17]
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 15:23 - Oct 3 with 1194 viewsgainsboroughblue

Having looked at Griffins vlog, it looks inevitable that there will be disorder when Leeds rock up there later this season, if they have that half and half split in that stand.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 15:39 - Oct 3 with 1151 viewsSwansea_Blue

Trouble is, there are plenty of people in the UK that can't leave it at banter. I've been hit by a coin this year (not at town I must stress). I've seen other stuff flying as well. It only takes one 'lucky' throw and someone gets blinded. Having passion for your team is one thing, as is banter with opposition fans, but when that spills into all consuming hatred it's something else entirely.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 15:48 - Oct 3 with 1127 viewsSteve_M

Town in Five was quite telling in context, a large number of home fans looked to react to their goal by immediately taunting the away fans, not even a glance at the pitch or the scorer.

Around 3:48 if the link doesn't take it to the right point. You can wonder again how they managed to score from that position.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:48]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 16:29 - Oct 3 with 1073 viewslizzibee

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 15:48 - Oct 3 by Steve_M

Town in Five was quite telling in context, a large number of home fans looked to react to their goal by immediately taunting the away fans, not even a glance at the pitch or the scorer.

Around 3:48 if the link doesn't take it to the right point. You can wonder again how they managed to score from that position.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2023 15:48]

happens at every away game - i was one of them!
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 18:48 - Oct 3 with 990 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 20:04 - Oct 2 by jontysnut

I've been on a train with rugby union fans abusing people and giving some young women a hard time. Gits will be gits

This. Biggest fight between fans I’ve ever seen was at Twickenham - the police basically
watched as glasses were being planted in people’s faces. Didn’t hear of any dawn raids, banning orders, loss of jobs etc.

Football is fine given the numbers of men watching it every week, in and around pubs etc.
Trouble yesterday apparently… on 19:30 - Oct 3 with 955 viewsNeedhamChris

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 07:11 - Oct 2 by gosblue

Wednesday was a group of their yoof gathering outside the away end. They were looking for similar aged town fans not wearing team colours. I believe it is becoming a trend in football again. Not the same thing but at Shrewsbury last year, on my way back to the car, one Ipswich fan screamed in my face ‘Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that’ I was walking and chatting with a Shrewsbury fan and his granddaughter and was so embarrassed to be a Town fan.
I think the vast majority of our fans are amazing but if I see Town fans causing trouble, I for one will report it and I hope I’m not alone in that. Stay safe and enjoy the football.

There's a line - I hate the use of the word snowflake but even I'm tempted here.

There's respect and ensuring no violence - but you were embarrassed by 'Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that’? You may as well just sanitise the game if that embarrasses you. I wouldn't sing it - but it's really not that big a deal is it?

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 19:42 - Oct 3 with 944 viewsnoggin

Trouble yesterday apparently… on 19:30 - Oct 3 by NeedhamChris

There's a line - I hate the use of the word snowflake but even I'm tempted here.

There's respect and ensuring no violence - but you were embarrassed by 'Champions of Europe, you’ll never sing that’? You may as well just sanitise the game if that embarrasses you. I wouldn't sing it - but it's really not that big a deal is it?

It's not a big deal, as long as it's not aggressive, no. It is embarrassing though.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024