Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying 09:20 - Oct 1 with 6483 viewsredrickstuhaart

But I thought I would see what Sunak had to say this morning. One of the most rude, dishonest and irritating interviews I have ever seen. Will not answer a single question and keeps talking over her to avoid doing so. Infuriating and utterly disingenuous.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:22 - Oct 1 with 3528 viewsKeno

or put another way "typical tory"

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:26 - Oct 1 with 3507 viewsredrickstuhaart

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:22 - Oct 1 by Keno

or put another way "typical tory"

Worse and more overbearing than most imo. Quite obnoxious.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:32 - Oct 1 with 3476 viewsStokieBlue

It's not surprising, he hasn't got good answers for any questions and the Tories are imploding internally so he is trying to say nothing.

I'm surprised you're surprised.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:34 - Oct 1 with 3474 viewsWeWereZombies

I've gone in a different direction and listened to 'Broadcasting House' with an interview with Michael Heseltine, quite confused in my opinion. More interesting when he got onto the felled Sycamore. For balance, Auntie has followed up with a song from Communist Paul Robeson, I guess for a bit of balance...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:36 - Oct 1 with 3457 viewsDubtractor

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:32 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

It's not surprising, he hasn't got good answers for any questions and the Tories are imploding internally so he is trying to say nothing.

I'm surprised you're surprised.

SB

He's just a robot when being interviewed - has his scripted points and will not/cannot deviate from them.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:37 - Oct 1 with 3448 viewsBent_double

I can't even bother to listen to anything they have to say anymore, it's just meaningless blah, blah, blah - all rehearsed and repeated ad nausaem.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:39 - Oct 1 with 3440 viewsredrickstuhaart

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:36 - Oct 1 by Dubtractor

He's just a robot when being interviewed - has his scripted points and will not/cannot deviate from them.

Its more than that. There is an arrogance and rudeness about how he does it that infuriates me.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:41 - Oct 1 with 3430 viewsHerbivore

He's a heady combination of May's lack of charisma and Johnson's lack of principles.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:50 - Oct 1 with 3379 viewsStokieBlue

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:41 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

He's a heady combination of May's lack of charisma and Johnson's lack of principles.

"He says the number of people signing a petition against this in Wales shows how strongly people feel about this."

Very concerned about petitions when they support his stances on speed limits and bribing motorists, less concerned when it involves something like investigating Partygate or suchlike.

Disingenuous to the core.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:55 - Oct 1 with 3349 viewsDJR

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:50 - Oct 1 by StokieBlue

"He says the number of people signing a petition against this in Wales shows how strongly people feel about this."

Very concerned about petitions when they support his stances on speed limits and bribing motorists, less concerned when it involves something like investigating Partygate or suchlike.

Disingenuous to the core.

SB

It does make one wonder how many people in Wales have signed the petition, but he is on the side of motorists killing people.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/comment/20mph-speed-limits-save-lives
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:56 - Oct 1 with 3331 viewsGlasgowBlue

He is far too sensitive to be a politician. He has the skin of a one day old frog.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:08 - Oct 1 with 3292 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. I've heard "spades in the ground" several times from Tories lately, clearly a line from a script.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:12 - Oct 1 with 3275 viewsLeoMuff

He is trying to defend stuff even he doesn’t believe, on the side of the motorist indeed. This is the man who flys half the time in private jet or helicopter, even to distant lands such as Norfolk or Portsmouth

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:13 - Oct 1 with 3268 viewsDJR

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:08 - Oct 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Indeed. I've heard "spades in the ground" several times from Tories lately, clearly a line from a script.

I think I saw this joke somewhere else, but surely the delays on HS2 are down to the fact they are still using spades.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:13 - Oct 1 with 3262 viewsGuthrum

Whatever he says will upset one out of the Tory headbangers, Conservative moderates or the general public. Probably all three at once.

In any case, soundbites aren't designed to stand up to analytical dissection.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:14 - Oct 1 with 3256 viewsDJR

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:12 - Oct 1 by LeoMuff

He is trying to defend stuff even he doesn’t believe, on the side of the motorist indeed. This is the man who flys half the time in private jet or helicopter, even to distant lands such as Norfolk or Portsmouth

He's also on the side of hard-working helicopter users.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:15 - Oct 1 with 3243 viewsWeWereZombies

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:13 - Oct 1 by DJR

I think I saw this joke somewhere else, but surely the delays on HS2 are down to the fact they are still using spades.

Yes, but you can get five hundred spades for the price of a mechanical digger...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 10:59 - Oct 1 with 3156 viewsWhos_blue

"Spades in the ground".

This charlatan boils my p1$$.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-66950230

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 11:08 - Oct 1 with 3143 viewsronnyd

He did exactly the same when interviewed by Emma Hutchinson on About Anglia a couple of nights ago. Just meaningless gobbledegook, never answered anything and tried to talk over her. Why the hell she thanked him at the end of the interview i will never know.
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 11:14 - Oct 1 with 3113 viewsWhos_blue

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 11:08 - Oct 1 by ronnyd

He did exactly the same when interviewed by Emma Hutchinson on About Anglia a couple of nights ago. Just meaningless gobbledegook, never answered anything and tried to talk over her. Why the hell she thanked him at the end of the interview i will never know.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 11:22 - Oct 1 with 3095 viewsBlueBadger

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:56 - Oct 1 by GlasgowBlue

He is far too sensitive to be a politician. He has the skin of a one day old frog.

Like a lot of 'you lefties are so easily offended' types, it's very easy to upset him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 12:12 - Oct 1 with 2990 viewsDarth_Koont

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 09:41 - Oct 1 by Herbivore

“Hold my beer”

Agreed re: Sunak. But this seems increasingly to be the product of our political industry and media environment.

Pronouns: He/Him

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 12:16 - Oct 1 with 2978 viewsDJR

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 12:12 - Oct 1 by Darth_Koont

“Hold my beer”

Agreed re: Sunak. But this seems increasingly to be the product of our political industry and media environment.

I remember reading an article a year or so ago which looked at interviews of Thatcher and Callaghan in which they each fully answered all the (often tough) questions put to them.

The contrast with these days couldn't be clearer, but I suppose politicians in those days had principles they thought worth arguing for.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 12:16]
I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 12:42 - Oct 1 with 2927 viewsDJR

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 13:57 - Oct 1 with 2797 viewsDarth_Koont

I dont often watch Kuensberg etc. Too annoying on 12:16 - Oct 1 by DJR

I remember reading an article a year or so ago which looked at interviews of Thatcher and Callaghan in which they each fully answered all the (often tough) questions put to them.

The contrast with these days couldn't be clearer, but I suppose politicians in those days had principles they thought worth arguing for.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2023 12:16]

Absolutely.

Key I think was the principle of accountability that they’re there to represent the UK and all it’s citizens and they took that responsibility seriously (however much I think that Thatcher’s neoliberal dogma threw the baby out with the bathwater and set us off on a poor and unsustainable path as a nation, economy and society). But nowadays that accountability/resonsibility seems to have been replaced by the interests of themselves, their backers/favoured lobbyists and factional power in the political bubble.

Certainly there’s no space nor apparent demand for the politics of principle in the current political landscape.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024