Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southgate is just trolling us now.... 18:51 - Oct 17 with 7203 viewsBloots

....Henderson out, replaced by Phillips.

Clueless.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

I've already changed my mind.... on 21:57 - Oct 17 with 2211 viewsBloots

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:53 - Oct 17 by Vic

Not one of your best posts Blooster.

....and said he's the greatest manager since Ramsey.

I look forward to him inevitably leading us to Euro and WC triumphs.

He can make me whole again.....

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 2171 viewstractordownsouth

Ward-Prowse should be in the squad but aside from him, there's hardly a massive pool of central midfielders waiting for a call up.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:03 - Oct 17 with 2166 viewsMillsey

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 21:51 - Oct 17 by MattinLondon

3-1. I take it you don’t have the internet or a telly and therefore need to ask for the score.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 21:53]

No just sick of internet managers 😝
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:09 - Oct 17 with 2150 viewsMattinLondon

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:03 - Oct 17 by Millsey

No just sick of internet managers 😝

Perfectly understandable- football chat has no place on a football forum.

I’m now off to add another film to that film thread.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 22:10]
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:59 - Oct 17 with 2101 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Not like you to put a signature at the end of your post.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 23:20 - Oct 17 with 2092 viewsvilanovablue

England beat Italy at home for the first time in forty years f@ck off and keep f@ecking of till I can't see you. We've a very good England team and I remember not qualifying for 2 world cups.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 23:56 - Oct 17 with 2046 viewsTractorCam

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:15 - Oct 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Most successful England manager since Sir Alf.

Clueless.

And despite the trolling team selection, it was another big win!

Clueless.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 00:07 - Oct 18 with 2031 viewsbournemouthblue

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:36 - Oct 17 by pointofblue

Mitchell at Palace and Henry of Brentford are probably the next two. Burn (Newcastle) has played left back before but think he's more defensively minded. There is quite a drop off after Shaw and Chilwell.

Which makes you wonder how far off Leif Davis would be if he got to the Premiership

Trippier is a solid right back but incredibly one footed, it looked really awkward when he did get forward

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Login to get fewer ads

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 00:11 - Oct 18 with 2033 viewsrickw

I usually agreed to Hodgson's England teams, but we were useless, I rarely agree with Southgate and we do well!

I did think Phillips was poor though, several times you saw Kane or Bellingham drop into midfield as it was only Rice showing for the ball.
Southgate will always play his 2 holding mids, I was hoping he'd start using TAA as one as he can pass forward, but he would be learning on the job. Ward Prowse is definitely worth a go though

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

He's tactically inept.... on 08:09 - Oct 18 with 1900 viewsdissboy2

He's tactically inept.... on 19:41 - Oct 17 by _clive_baker_

I don't have a problem with that, 28 is a good age. We've been 'building' for tomorrow for as long as I can remember as an England football supporter. There comes a time when we need to remember that tomorrow never comes, stop obsessing about the future and equip ourselves for the here and now. Opportunities to win trophies in tournament football are few and far between. We should be single minded about the Euro's in Germany at this moment.

28 is peak, experience and brains more than make up for the brawn going slightly slower
He's tactically inept.... on 08:12 - Oct 18 with 1891 viewsCheltenham_Blue

He's tactically inept.... on 08:09 - Oct 18 by dissboy2

28 is peak, experience and brains more than make up for the brawn going slightly slower

Can brawn 'go slower'?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 08:27 - Oct 18 with 1865 viewsWeWereZombies

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 00:07 - Oct 18 by bournemouthblue

Which makes you wonder how far off Leif Davis would be if he got to the Premiership

Trippier is a solid right back but incredibly one footed, it looked really awkward when he did get forward

'if' ? When, and hopefully with us.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 10:39 - Oct 18 with 1781 viewsitfcjoe

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 22:03 - Oct 17 by tractordownsouth

Ward-Prowse should be in the squad but aside from him, there's hardly a massive pool of central midfielders waiting for a call up.

JWP been in a lot of squads and just not good enough in that 6 role that Phillips plays - CM is a problem, but we have Rice and then Hendo/Phillips and then a big drop off from there to Gallagher......will someone appear before next summer - doubt it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 11:59 - Oct 18 with 1706 views_clive_baker_

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 10:39 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

JWP been in a lot of squads and just not good enough in that 6 role that Phillips plays - CM is a problem, but we have Rice and then Hendo/Phillips and then a big drop off from there to Gallagher......will someone appear before next summer - doubt it

There is 1 solution.

You play Bellingham in the middle next to Rice. He has before, and what you lose by way of Bellingham's ability to create further forward you gain in having arguably one of the best central midfield partnerships in international football. We could still have a front 4 of Rashford, Foden, Saka, Kane. Grealish and Maddison on the bench.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:04 - Oct 18 with 1692 viewsJakeITFC

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 11:59 - Oct 18 by _clive_baker_

There is 1 solution.

You play Bellingham in the middle next to Rice. He has before, and what you lose by way of Bellingham's ability to create further forward you gain in having arguably one of the best central midfield partnerships in international football. We could still have a front 4 of Rashford, Foden, Saka, Kane. Grealish and Maddison on the bench.

Think you have to play Bellingham in the 10 on current form. Last night he was the only one trying to make things happen, and I think we look a much better team when we go direct.

A more pressing concern for me is how easily and often Italy had direct runners at our back four (and how shaky they looked when that happened).
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:15 - Oct 18 with 1675 viewstractordownsouth

There is 1 solution.

All of our best performances under Southgate (Croatia and Germany in the Euros, Italy in these qualifiers) were with two holding midfielders. We have a weakness at CB which is why we need them in there, even if the quality of player isn’t great.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:18 - Oct 18 with 1665 viewscressi

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 19:15 - Oct 17 by Cheltenham_Blue

Most successful England manager since Sir Alf.

Clueless.

Statistically maybe but he has been blessed with lots of good players.
Also foreign leagues are not what they were.
Italy have failed to qualify for the last two world cups.
When it comes to it Croatia then Italy in the euros he has not got the nous how to win from a winning position except try and close up shop never tries and get another goal and put to bed, At City defenders start in midfield before Phillips that says it all.
And Henderson playing in a poor league gave up his right to play at the top level for 💸.
I'm afraid Statistics may be good winning a major trophy Not a chance with Southgate not brave enough another steady Eddie no more no less.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:21 - Oct 18 with 1643 viewstractordownsouth

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 10:39 - Oct 18 by itfcjoe

Yeah he’s still not the answer for a starting position. I imagine he’ll be the one who everybody clamours for if we don’t win the Euros.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:28 - Oct 18 with 1631 viewsmarshland

The result has to be considered good when you remember that Italy are the 9th best ranked side in the world and Southgates England selections managed to beat them home and away which is a feat that any of the other top football nations would be pleased with. After so many years of failure with England I am happy to have a pragmatic style and considered managerial selection that brings results rather than the previous efforts where managers have been bullied by the press and social media to follow public opinion in their team selection.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:29 - Oct 18 with 1627 viewsMattinLondon

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:18 - Oct 18 by cressi

When it comes to it Croatia then Italy in the euros he has not got the nous how to win from a winning position except try and close up shop never tries and get another goal and put to bed, At City defenders start in midfield before Phillips that says it all.
And Henderson playing in a poor league gave up his right to play at the top level for 💸.
I'm afraid Statistics may be good winning a major trophy Not a chance with Southgate not brave enough another steady Eddie no more no less.

Without doubt Southgate is Englands most successful manager since Sir Alf. I do think that he should have done a lot better against both Croatia and Italy. But, hopefully he has learnt from those matches at next years Euros.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:29 - Oct 18 with 1628 views_clive_baker_

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:15 - Oct 18 by tractordownsouth

All of our best performances under Southgate (Croatia and Germany in the Euros, Italy in these qualifiers) were with two holding midfielders. We have a weakness at CB which is why we need them in there, even if the quality of player isn’t great.

They've also been a feature of some of our lesser performances, like the Euro final where we spent far too much of that game playing passively and on the back foot against a team that were there for the taking IMO. Personally I'm in favour of having 2 holding midfielders, I do think they give us a good anchor for the pace and creativity ahead of them to cause havoc.

I'm not convinced Phillips brings enough to the role. He's been a mainstay under Southgate, but it's going to be an issue in Germany if he's barely played for City this season and the alternative is a 34 year old playing in Saudi. I think it's a problem area.
Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:34 - Oct 18 with 1611 viewstractordownsouth

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:29 - Oct 18 by _clive_baker_

They've also been a feature of some of our lesser performances, like the Euro final where we spent far too much of that game playing passively and on the back foot against a team that were there for the taking IMO. Personally I'm in favour of having 2 holding midfielders, I do think they give us a good anchor for the pace and creativity ahead of them to cause havoc.

I'm not convinced Phillips brings enough to the role. He's been a mainstay under Southgate, but it's going to be an issue in Germany if he's barely played for City this season and the alternative is a 34 year old playing in Saudi. I think it's a problem area.

The tactical issue in the final was playing Mount in a front three.

It’s hardly ideal having Phillips and Henderson not playing much football but there are so few alternatives.

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:45 - Oct 18 with 1570 viewsitfcjoe

There is 1 solution.

I just think you end up weakening your best player doing that - after Euro 2021 it looked like Rice and Bellingham were going to be our CM partnership for the next decade, but Bellingham is just so much more than that now that you have to play him as the 10 to be the heartbeat of the side

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:47 - Oct 18 with 1561 viewsitfcjoe

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:34 - Oct 18 by tractordownsouth

The tactical issue in the final was playing Mount in a front three.

It’s hardly ideal having Phillips and Henderson not playing much football but there are so few alternatives.

I'd be looking to fast track Curtis Jones, he was so good in the U21 Euro's in that role and is going to be getting more football than Phillips this season - he looks tailor made to play the way we need a CM to do so

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:49 - Oct 18 with 1539 viewsTractorCam

Southgate is just trolling us now.... on 12:18 - Oct 18 by cressi

This narrative is so boring. I invite you to look at the results of Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Brazil and Spain over the last 5 years and compare.

Also whilst we have plenty of talent, on paper the "golden generation" of the mid 2000s was much better and did a lot worse under a highly reputable manager.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024