Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wreath Of The Barclay 23:05 - Oct 29 with 4099 viewscharlie1

Seem to be incensed with the three teams promoted to the Prem, who are currently offering nothing and look destined to come straight back down.

I get that it shows a horrible gulf between Champ and Prem, and offers very little hope for any team with genuine aspiration for promotion.

I’m just not sure why THEY find it so objectionable bearing in mind it is straight out of the Norwich Premiership Promotion Plan.
Wreath Of The Barclay on 23:18 - Oct 29 with 3980 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Don't understand where all this Norwich entitlement has come from?
Wreath Of The Barclay on 00:21 - Oct 30 with 3844 viewsIllinoisblue

W@nkers of the Broads, innit.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Wreath Of The Barclay on 00:53 - Oct 30 with 3811 viewsBlueBadger

Wreath Of The Barclay on 23:18 - Oct 29 by FromReuserWithLove

Don't you KNOW they participated in the UEFA cup once?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Wreath Of The Barclay on 03:50 - Oct 30 with 3685 viewsquirkie

Wreath Of The Barclay on 00:53 - Oct 30 by BlueBadger

Don't you KNOW they participated in the UEFA cup once?

Did they forget that Fulham, Bournemouth and Forest the previous season all stayed up?

WoTB is comedy gold any day of the week.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Wreath Of The Barclay on 06:43 - Oct 30 with 3476 viewsfranz_tyson

Had a look on the pinkun site... and there's been a few who's interested in bringing in Jack Wilshere. Maybe I've missed something and Wilshere has matured into an amazing coach, but there's been nothing I've seen in Wilshere to say he's an intelligent, mature, thoughtful football man. Think some want to go for a young 30 something coach as opposed to one he's been around the block a few times, but I'd say its more likely it to go wrong than find a new Mckenna. I hope they try desperately to outdo us that they truly gamble and f%ck it up with a stupid appointment. I actually think their squad isn't that bad and a steady manager could get a tune out of them.
Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:15 - Oct 30 with 3042 viewsNthQldITFC

"Wrist Of The Barclay", makes Oi larf - w**ker's wrist!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:22 - Oct 30 with 2997 viewstextbackup

Wreath Of The Barclay on 06:43 - Oct 30 by franz_tyson

Had a look on the pinkun site... and there's been a few who's interested in bringing in Jack Wilshere. Maybe I've missed something and Wilshere has matured into an amazing coach, but there's been nothing I've seen in Wilshere to say he's an intelligent, mature, thoughtful football man. Think some want to go for a young 30 something coach as opposed to one he's been around the block a few times, but I'd say its more likely it to go wrong than find a new Mckenna. I hope they try desperately to outdo us that they truly gamble and f%ck it up with a stupid appointment. I actually think their squad isn't that bad and a steady manager could get a tune out of them.

He strikes me as a complete an utter chav… get him in

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:25 - Oct 30 with 2965 viewsGeoffSentence

Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:22 - Oct 30 by textbackup

He strikes me as a complete an utter chav… get him in

Ahem. Paul Hurst is free.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Wreath Of The Barclay on 09:24 - Oct 30 with 2781 viewsPinewoodblue

Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:25 - Oct 30 by GeoffSentence

Ahem. Paul Hurst is free.

Rooney will be available sometime in the new year.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Wreath Of The Barclay on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 2709 viewsbrazil1981

Some on there at the weekend we’re calling for Paul Lambert to be brought back in to replace Wagner! Would SO much like to see that!!!!!!🤣
Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:40 - Oct 30 with 2537 viewsBasuco

Looking at the goals they are conceding there are massive gaps all over the pitch between defenders, midfielders and midfield to defence, Conor Chaplin, George Hurst and Nathan Broadhead would have a field day against them. Set-up wise they are a complete mess, sadly I can't see Wagner hanging on until December. Hopefully he can grab a few points in the next few games that look winnable or get a few draws to keep Wagner in place, it also depends on if they can afford to give him time to get them sorted or to to get a new manager in.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 10:52]
Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:51 - Oct 30 with 2486 viewsnodge_blue

Wreath Of The Barclay on 08:15 - Oct 30 by NthQldITFC

"Wrist Of The Barclay", makes Oi larf - w**ker's wrist!

wreath for the Barclay

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:51 - Oct 30 with 2482 viewsArnieM

Wreath Of The Barclay on 23:18 - Oct 29 by FromReuserWithLove

It’s always been there and not just amongst the clubs fans. The media is waaay ahead of the fans in the clubs self proclaimed importance.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:52 - Oct 30 with 2489 viewsAsa

It really is hilarious how delusional and entitled a big majority of their fan base seems to be.

In recent times they've had a handful of Premier League seasons, largely ones where they have been ridiculed for being uncompetitive.

In the Championship, aside from Leicester, Leeds and Southampton you have Cardiff (5th), Hull (7th), Sunderland (8th), West Brom (9th), Middlesbrough (10th), Stoke (11th), Swansea (13th), Birmingham (14th), Watford (16th), Huddersfield (21st), QPR (23rd) that have all had a handful of Premier League seasons or more in the last 10-15 years.

Add us, Coventry, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday that have all been in the top flight before that and are similar of bigger clubs that them.

Who are Norwich clearly bigger than? Rotherham, Plymouth and Millwall. Probably Bristol City.

Every other club has either won a lot more, has bigger crowds, has had as many recent Premier League seasons as them.

Their entitlement seems to come entirely from parachute payments and believing they are so much better than everyone else. But they are in a worse financial position than last season when they came 13th!

They are also only 6 points off 5th place, 5 points off the playoffs. They could win 2 or 3 from their next 4 and be right in the mix.

It's embarrassing how they behaving. Collectively they are worse than some massive teams like Newcastle and Villa when they've come down and had sticky spells which is incredible.

I could sort of get it if they went up to the Premier League in some of these seasons and were a top half side or nowhere near the bottom, but they are literally a team that comes straight back down acting like they are Everton or Spurs sitting in the middle of this division.
Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:56 - Oct 30 with 2449 viewsNthQldITFC

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:40 - Oct 30 by Basuco

Looking at the goals they are conceding there are massive gaps all over the pitch between defenders, midfielders and midfield to defence, Conor Chaplin, George Hurst and Nathan Broadhead would have a field day against them. Set-up wise they are a complete mess, sadly I can't see Wagner hanging on until December. Hopefully he can grab a few points in the next few games that look winnable or get a few draws to keep Wagner in place, it also depends on if they can afford to give him time to get them sorted or to to get a new manager in.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 10:52]

I'm balanced between wanting them to pick up a few points to keep him in a job and avoid the new manager bounce, and thinking that it doesn't matter because they probably can't afford to sack him anyway.

I say all that sh!t, but I don't really care - they're gone.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Wreath Of The Barclay on 11:02 - Oct 30 with 2437 viewsnodge_blue

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:52 - Oct 30 by Asa

It really is hilarious how delusional and entitled a big majority of their fan base seems to be.

In recent times they've had a handful of Premier League seasons, largely ones where they have been ridiculed for being uncompetitive.

In the Championship, aside from Leicester, Leeds and Southampton you have Cardiff (5th), Hull (7th), Sunderland (8th), West Brom (9th), Middlesbrough (10th), Stoke (11th), Swansea (13th), Birmingham (14th), Watford (16th), Huddersfield (21st), QPR (23rd) that have all had a handful of Premier League seasons or more in the last 10-15 years.

Add us, Coventry, Blackburn, Sheffield Wednesday that have all been in the top flight before that and are similar of bigger clubs that them.

Who are Norwich clearly bigger than? Rotherham, Plymouth and Millwall. Probably Bristol City.

Every other club has either won a lot more, has bigger crowds, has had as many recent Premier League seasons as them.

Their entitlement seems to come entirely from parachute payments and believing they are so much better than everyone else. But they are in a worse financial position than last season when they came 13th!

They are also only 6 points off 5th place, 5 points off the playoffs. They could win 2 or 3 from their next 4 and be right in the mix.

It's embarrassing how they behaving. Collectively they are worse than some massive teams like Newcastle and Villa when they've come down and had sticky spells which is incredible.

I could sort of get it if they went up to the Premier League in some of these seasons and were a top half side or nowhere near the bottom, but they are literally a team that comes straight back down acting like they are Everton or Spurs sitting in the middle of this division.

Im going to stick up for them a bit and say they have played some pretty good football in recent years and they have brought through and had several good players at various points. They probably did look down on us and gloat too much but I suspect we would do the same.

They also have had pretty decent crowds consistently.

And having watched a couple of their YouTube podcasts they are very worried about the derby match and concede we are playing better (fantastic was the word the guy used I think) football. He did go on to stat he was just old enough to remember losing to us and the nastiness he felt. Which I thought was a bit rich considering what they give back over the years. And the ripping up of our seats and smashing up the toilets that's occurred.

So Im not having a woke love in with them, but they are worthy rivals. I hope it all stays on the side of good spirits this season but Ive got a horrible feeling that it might spill over a bit.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Wreath Of The Barclay on 11:04 - Oct 30 with 2392 viewsAsa

Wreath Of The Barclay on 11:02 - Oct 30 by nodge_blue

Im going to stick up for them a bit and say they have played some pretty good football in recent years and they have brought through and had several good players at various points. They probably did look down on us and gloat too much but I suspect we would do the same.

And having watched a couple of their YouTube podcasts they are very worried about the derby match and concede we are playing better (fantastic was the word the guy used I think) football. He did go on to stat he was just old enough to remember losing to us and the nastiness he felt. Which I thought was a bit rich considering what they give back over the years. And the ripping up of our seats and smashing up the toilets that's occurred.

So Im not having a woke love in with them, but they are worthy rivals. I hope it all stays on the side of good spirits this season but Ive got a horrible feeling that it might spill over a bit.

Certainly worthy rivals in the Championship. Historically that's where both clubs belong, even if there was a period of a decade or so when we were one of the worlds finest.

But acting like they are much bigger than every other Championship club as they seem to be doing is just laughable.
Wreath Of The Barclay on 11:35 - Oct 30 with 2288 viewstextbackup

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:52 - Oct 30 by Asa

With them yo-yoing the only thing that made me happy was that the owners and board had a totally different idea to the fans over inflated opinion of themselves.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Wreath Of The Barclay on 12:05 - Oct 30 with 2092 viewsBasuco

Wreath Of The Barclay on 10:56 - Oct 30 by NthQldITFC

I'm balanced between wanting them to pick up a few points to keep him in a job and avoid the new manager bounce, and thinking that it doesn't matter because they probably can't afford to sack him anyway.

I say all that sh!t, but I don't really care - they're gone.

Yep, enjoy the moment and hope it takes a good few years for them to recover again.
Wreath Of The Barclay on 12:14 - Oct 30 with 2050 viewsyellowrider

Wreath Of The Barclay on 11:02 - Oct 30 by nodge_blue

Very good post - appreciate it. Not one single Yellow is looking forward to December 16th unless we have a remarkable turnaround in form! The run you have been on throughout 2023 is astonishing and you deserve real credit (albeit through gritted teeth). We do have some very decent players but Webbers and Wagners legacy has been to saddle us with a number of age 30+ journeymen. That does not bode well as a significant clear out will be needed when Clown Webber and Clown Wagner are removed (eventually!).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024