Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbed by the Ref... 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2788 viewsBseaBlue

But also can't hide from some poor individual performances tonight. Still, it's another away point gained.
Robbed by the Ref... on 22:05 - Nov 7 with 2664 viewsmarvellous

What happened to booking players for time wasting? Hladky is on 3 yellows for less. Frustrated!
Robbed by the Ref... on 22:20 - Nov 7 with 2528 viewsgainsboroughblue

The foul on Hirst and the handball were absolute stonewallers. Shocking decisions.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 2494 viewswkj

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:20 - Nov 7 by gainsboroughblue

The foul on Hirst and the handball were absolute stonewallers. Shocking decisions.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the first. One replay the second looked like a stone wall - but would have been really hard to catch as a ref I would imagine

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:21 - Nov 7 with 2491 viewswaveneyblue

Who was poor?

Just asking
Robbed by the Ref... on 22:22 - Nov 7 with 2474 viewsJimmy86

They were shocking decisions from a poor ref, who turned out to be worse than we were tonight... Yes, we got a point, but we really struggle against cloggers like Rotherham! So frustrating tonight, we just didn't have the quality to beat them...
Robbed by the Ref... on 22:23 - Nov 7 with 2463 viewsBseaBlue

I thought the one early doors where the defender elbowed it was just as bad but they haven't replayed it. 3 potential penalty shouts.
Robbed by the Ref... on 22:23 - Nov 7 with 2442 viewspointofblue

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:21 - Nov 7 by waveneyblue

Who was poor?

Just asking

For me - Davis, Chaplin, Jackson and Hirst.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:25 - Nov 7 with 2415 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Robbed by the Ref... on 22:23 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

Agreed.
Login to get fewer ads

Robbed by the Ref... on 23:10 - Nov 7 with 2230 viewslordsambuca

The standard of refereeing across the Premier league and EFL is shockingly bad. The VAR debacles just demonstrate that its yet another failed institution. How we have gone all season without a penalty demonstrates that, two clear shouts for a penalty tonight.

I had some sympathy for refs before VAR but it has completely gone now. There is no communication, accountability or respect and looking back over the last season and this one it raises a question of integrity. Week after week we see a lack of consistency and nonsensical decisions being made. There is rarely an apology or explanation given or an admission of making a mistake.

This trickles down to the amateur leagues. Any one who has refereed a kids game or any game for that matter will have inevitably faced some criticism from the sidelines. If this incompetence continues at the top level it will continue to diminish the respect for referees at all levels.
Robbed by the Ref... on 05:39 - Nov 8 with 2059 viewsfranz_tyson

If I was given 5 minutes with a 2-1 lead to see out a win.... I'd take it every time. We weren't robbed by the ref. Great finish for their equaliser. If we want to learn and improve I'd focus on us seeing out these games better. Maybe we could have seen that game out better, but we've had bucketfuls of luck so far and don't think we can complain too much about not winning a game we didn't really dominate until the last 20 minutes. Still gutted, though.
Robbed by the Ref... on 06:55 - Nov 8 with 1939 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I agree as well. It’s frustrating how many times Hirst has been offside in the last couple of games, has he been training with Bonne. Davis and Chappers unfortunately just seemed to have a game where very little was coming off for them. I feel like where we’ve been getting the rub of the green up until recently, that’s not the case now. The second Rotherham goal 9/10 times is off target.

I’m loathe to be too critical because the entire team have been playing out of their skins.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 6:55]
Robbed by the Ref... on 07:23 - Nov 8 with 1837 viewsHerbivore

Robbed by the Ref... on 05:39 - Nov 8 by franz_tyson

If I was given 5 minutes with a 2-1 lead to see out a win.... I'd take it every time. We weren't robbed by the ref. Great finish for their equaliser. If we want to learn and improve I'd focus on us seeing out these games better. Maybe we could have seen that game out better, but we've had bucketfuls of luck so far and don't think we can complain too much about not winning a game we didn't really dominate until the last 20 minutes. Still gutted, though.

What are the bucketfuls of luck we've had, out of interest?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Robbed by the Ref... on 07:36 - Nov 8 with 1777 viewsBseaBlue

I must have been watching a different game as I thought that with the exception of the first ten minutes, we dominated and controlled the entirety of the match. The possession stats back that up.

Not sure I agree with regards to seeing out the game. The bloke has smacked in a worldie. Sometimes you just have to put your hands up.

I dont consider having 2 stonewall penalties turned down in one game as just bad luck. It's poor officiating and cost us the 3 points.
Robbed by the Ref... on 07:58 - Nov 8 with 1721 viewsheavyweight

To be absolutely fair, we got away with one against Plymouth and the only clearcurt one was the trip on Hurst- who went down in an exaggerated fashion. The 2nd half hand ball was at close range and no way deliberate.

Kieran said the aftermath of the Plymouth non-penalty was an eye opener for him - I wondered what he meant ? Something went on behind the scenes? Plymouth made some kind of formal protest? Or just that he was surprised by the strength of Schumakkers comments after the match?
Robbed by the Ref... on 08:01 - Nov 8 with 1706 viewsredrickstuhaart

Robbed by the Ref... on 07:58 - Nov 8 by heavyweight

To be absolutely fair, we got away with one against Plymouth and the only clearcurt one was the trip on Hurst- who went down in an exaggerated fashion. The 2nd half hand ball was at close range and no way deliberate.

Kieran said the aftermath of the Plymouth non-penalty was an eye opener for him - I wondered what he meant ? Something went on behind the scenes? Plymouth made some kind of formal protest? Or just that he was surprised by the strength of Schumakkers comments after the match?

This is nonsense. The decision against plymouth was plainly correct.

Hirst did not go down theatrically. Stop taking on board what Andy Hinchcliffe says as if it were a fact!
Robbed by the Ref... on 08:03 - Nov 8 with 1696 viewsHerbivore

Robbed by the Ref... on 07:58 - Nov 8 by heavyweight

The Plymouth one, are you referring to the dive by their player that was probably outside the box anyway? Their manager, players, and fans kicked up a massive stink about it whereas we just quietly accept stonewall decisions not being given in our favour. And under the current interpretation of the handball laws, the handball second half was a stonewall pen.

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:09 - Nov 8 with 1675 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:01 - Nov 8 by redrickstuhaart

This is nonsense. The decision against plymouth was plainly correct.

Hirst did not go down theatrically. Stop taking on board what Andy Hinchcliffe says as if it were a fact!

Position of the arm is the key measure for handball in the box, not whether or not it was deliberate. The arm was high and away from the body, with var it would definitely have been given.
Robbed by the Ref... on 08:30 - Nov 8 with 1635 viewsBseaBlue

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:09 - Nov 8 by crouchendyachtclub

Position of the arm is the key measure for handball in the box, not whether or not it was deliberate. The arm was high and away from the body, with var it would definitely have been given.

Spot on. That is why I thought the one in first half was also a good shout for a pen. (Bloke's elbow sticking out)
Robbed by the Ref... on 08:40 - Nov 8 with 1612 viewsSharkey

That finish for the 2-2 goal really was class. Normally when a ball comes rolling out to the edge of the box the player's eyes light up and he smacks it as hard as he can, usually over. That guy's technique was outstanding.

The goal was inevitable though ; the 'surely that's the three points for Town' when the 1-2 was scrambled in was an outrageous bit of fate-tempting by the commentator, who is old enough to know better. .
Robbed by the Ref... on 08:54 - Nov 8 with 1580 viewsfranz_tyson

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:03 - Nov 8 by Herbivore

The Plymouth one, are you referring to the dive by their player that was probably outside the box anyway? Their manager, players, and fans kicked up a massive stink about it whereas we just quietly accept stonewall decisions not being given in our favour. And under the current interpretation of the handball laws, the handball second half was a stonewall pen.

8 or 9 out of 10 refs would have penalised Edmondson for that tackle... whether it was good or not through all camera angles that we had for post analysis. It was rash and we got away that decision. The game before we had a ball hit the post and dribble along our goal line before being cleared. We've had more things go for us than against so far.
Robbed by the Ref... on 09:03 - Nov 8 with 1565 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Some of chaplin’s passes round the corner to Jackson were brilliant. A big problem we still have is that when jackson is in that role, he cannot deliver. He’s been well coached to get into positions, make the right runs etc but we are so much better with a burns or Hutchinson in there who have significantly more ability.
Robbed by the Ref... on 09:06 - Nov 8 with 1554 viewsHerbivore

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:54 - Nov 8 by franz_tyson

8 or 9 out of 10 refs would have penalised Edmondson for that tackle... whether it was good or not through all camera angles that we had for post analysis. It was rash and we got away that decision. The game before we had a ball hit the post and dribble along our goal line before being cleared. We've had more things go for us than against so far.

The fact a ref didn't get it wrong for a change shouldn't be counted as luck. I disagree that we've had more go for us than against us, we've had some really piss poor officiating against us and have mostly been on the wrong end of those decisions. The idea we've been lucky doesn't stand up for me.

Robbed by the Ref... on 09:12 - Nov 8 with 1529 viewsSwansea_Blue

Robbed by the Ref... on 08:09 - Nov 8 by crouchendyachtclub

This is where the ‘unnatural position’ nonsense comes in. It’s such a vague law as to make it very hard to enforce. It didn’t look natural to me, but no doubt Rotherham fans would say he always jumps like that. If the law was changed to say it’s handball if the arms are held away from the body (extending beyond the outline of the body & head), it’d be so much clearer. So arms at your side, or covering your face/nuts all fine. Anything out to the side or above, handball. Simple.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Robbed by the Ref... on 09:34 - Nov 8 with 1480 viewsAbujaBlue

I disagree on Hirst being poor. Yes he had some bad movement with offsides and yes he was getting frustrated, but his hold up play was excellent. He caused havoc in the Rotherham back line. If that's him playing poorly then I can't wait for an adequate performance.
Robbed by the Ref... on 11:37 - Nov 8 with 1364 viewsportmanroadblue

Robbed by the Ref... on 07:36 - Nov 8 by BseaBlue

I must have been watching a different game as I thought that with the exception of the first ten minutes, we dominated and controlled the entirety of the match. The possession stats back that up.

Not sure I agree with regards to seeing out the game. The bloke has smacked in a worldie. Sometimes you just have to put your hands up.

I dont consider having 2 stonewall penalties turned down in one game as just bad luck. It's poor officiating and cost us the 3 points.

Only thing i'll add to this is, Davies had a quite 1st half, but second half he was excellent. Ref cost us 3 points.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024