Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Szmodics in January i reckon 21:09 - Nov 10 with 12505 viewsle2blue

Great addition to the squad and should be a reasonable price. Darren Ambrose says he was an Ipswich fan in his youth as well.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:13 - Nov 10 with 7262 viewsFromReuserWithLove

why do you think a reasonable price? Blackburn would want top dollar.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:20 - Nov 10 with 7223 viewsle2blue

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:13 - Nov 10 by FromReuserWithLove

why do you think a reasonable price? Blackburn would want top dollar.

I'm sure they would, but think the Venkys have had issues getting money out of India (just had some released to pay wages) so maybe a deal can be done. Didnt realise he is 28, so maybe he's not a perfect gamechanger signing.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:23 - Nov 10 with 7195 viewsketton_itfc

Very good player and wouldn't be against that. Excellent finisher , must admit other than Town always enjoy watching Blackburn play. Naive at times but fun to watch.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:26 - Nov 10 with 7168 viewsJimmy86

Have to say, I agree! Szmodics is class! Don't know what sort of price tag Blackburn would be looking at... He'd be able to play any of those 3 positions behind Hurst
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 7138 viewsIllinoisblue

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:20 - Nov 10 by le2blue

I'm sure they would, but think the Venkys have had issues getting money out of India (just had some released to pay wages) so maybe a deal can be done. Didnt realise he is 28, so maybe he's not a perfect gamechanger signing.

He’s the Championship top scorer. They won’t be giving him away cheaply.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:36 - Nov 10 with 7099 viewsEssexBloo

Wharton would be a good signing. Would be happy to get him in Jan.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:36 - Nov 10 with 7112 viewsPhilTWTD

I heard whispers from a good source we were interested in the summer but the club pooh-poohed it.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:37 - Nov 10 with 7090 viewsipswichtillidie

He is class and makes a difference. Don’t suppose we could get him but would be a huge statement

Gav

Login to get fewer ads

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:38 - Nov 10 with 7076 viewsipswichtillidie

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:36 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

I heard whispers from a good source we were interested in the summer but the club pooh-poohed it.

How reliable the source Phil? Maybe when things seem “out of reach” the club then distance themselves quickly if it’s not reasonably on the cards. Obviously a talent.

Gav

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:41 - Nov 10 with 7046 viewsPhilTWTD

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:38 - Nov 10 by ipswichtillidie

How reliable the source Phil? Maybe when things seem “out of reach” the club then distance themselves quickly if it’s not reasonably on the cards. Obviously a talent.

I very much doubt there was nothing in it given the source. But clubs do tend to distance themselves from targets which don't happen, particularly if there's only vague or tentative interest.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:45 - Nov 10 with 7001 viewsipswichtillidie

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:41 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

I very much doubt there was nothing in it given the source. But clubs do tend to distance themselves from targets which don't happen, particularly if there's only vague or tentative interest.

Maybe if the player in question has noticed the league table he might have a second thought on the matter in January.

Gav

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:46 - Nov 10 with 6987 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:36 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

Any idea why Phil? Too expensive? Not enough development room to recoup the outlay?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:48 - Nov 10 with 6949 viewsPhilTWTD

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:45 - Nov 10 by ipswichtillidie

Maybe if the player in question has noticed the league table he might have a second thought on the matter in January.

I very much doubt the matter got as far as him having to make a decision.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:00 - Nov 10 with 6868 viewsipswichtillidie

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:48 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

I very much doubt the matter got as far as him having to make a decision.

He is a local lad isn’t he (Colchester). Would guess (NOT for sale) in the summer and huge fee too
[Post edited 10 Nov 2023 22:00]

Gav

Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:08 - Nov 10 with 6808 viewsPhilTWTD

Szmodics in January i reckon on 21:46 - Nov 10 by BlueandTruesince82

Any idea why Phil? Too expensive? Not enough development room to recoup the outlay?

For clarification, pooh-poohed my story rather than the potential move.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:46 - Nov 10 with 6614 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:08 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

Well I, for one, pooh-pooh the pooh-poohing of your story.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:51 - Nov 10 with 6587 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Would be a huge signing, either him or Adam Armstrong for me .. or both! With others departing.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 23:40 - Nov 10 with 6344 viewsgainsboroughblue

Szmodics in January i reckon on 22:08 - Nov 10 by PhilTWTD

Is that right Phil, did the club pooh-pooh you?

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Szmodics in January i reckon on 23:44 - Nov 10 with 6329 viewsWestover

He is an attacking midfielder if we got him who's place would he take? Chaplin Broadhead and is he better than them I doubt it.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 23:57 - Nov 10 with 6217 viewsBLUEBEAT

Weren’t we flirting with him before he ended up at P’boro?
Always thought he’d be a good fit here.
Classy, clever and a bit nasty with it.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

Szmodics in January i reckon on 00:03 - Nov 11 with 6192 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Great player, but we are already blessed with attacking midfielders. I’d say a more pressing need for a Morsy type box to box player than personally.

Blackburn paid £2m for him and even conservatively, I imagine would want at least double that. At 28 limited resale window too.
Szmodics in January i reckon on 01:30 - Nov 11 with 6036 viewsGuthrum

Szmodics in January i reckon on 23:40 - Nov 10 by gainsboroughblue

Is that right Phil, did the club pooh-pooh you?

It's better than an Eeyore-Tiggering.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Szmodics in January i reckon on 08:22 - Nov 11 with 5790 viewsKieran_Knows

Said the other week after we played them that if there was ever a McKenna type player, he is one of them. I think he’d be absolutely top class in this side. Trying to pick 2 from him, Chaplin and Broadhead would be difficult!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Szmodics in January i reckon on 08:34 - Nov 11 with 5732 viewsMK1

Not sure about the "reasonable" price bit. Think they would want £10million as some of the lower Premier league clubs will be watching him. Think we will spend in January, just not sure we will go all in for promotion. See us spending around the £4-5million mark, but this will be on 2-3 players. (FFP permitted of course)
Fantastic player on 08:37 - Nov 11 with 5723 viewsDyland

But we need a MorsyMass type and Hirst-a-like more than an attacking midfielder. Thinking as I write though, if Chappers or Nathan get injured there’s a bit of a step down…. except hang on, Hutch can play there…. hmmm, we do actually have some depth there innit. Scoring goals ain’t a problem currently though, it’s the conceding. Maybe it’s just the way we play.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024