Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other 17:37 - Dec 6 with 2326 viewsKeno

similar nickname teams, especially the Cannaries, but what teams would beat them?

I'm guess Eagles would but who else?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:44 - Dec 6 with 1736 viewsBlueBadger

U-18s beaten by Swans. by BlueBadger 6 Dec 2023 12:56
I'm not surprised, they can break you arm with their wings. Probably muscled and sh1thoused our team off the park.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:49 - Dec 6 with 1720 viewsKeno

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:44 - Dec 6 by BlueBadger

U-18s beaten by Swans. by BlueBadger 6 Dec 2023 12:56
I'm not surprised, they can break you arm with their wings. Probably muscled and sh1thoused our team off the park.

in fairness swans are right evil b'datrds

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 1714 viewsBigCommon

Seagulls would starve them all to death, by nicking there chips.
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:52 - Dec 6 with 1712 viewsgainsboroughblue

I always thought Arsenal v Sheff Utd would be a bit of a bloodbath.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:57 - Dec 6 with 1702 viewsSwansea_Blue

What are the rules? Bird nicknames only? Or any animal? Real or mythical?

Wrexham would probably do them - the Red Dragons. Not many teams would have a chance there.

But out of birds, I'm going for the Magpies. According to a-z-animals.com, the Australian Magpie is the most dangerous bird. The Ozzy Newcastle team is known as the Jets though, which messes things up. I'm not sure how dangerous English magpies are. But I wouldn't want to be attacked by a swarm of Geordies.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:57 - Dec 6 with 1701 viewsBrianTablet

Hull vs Millwall would be a close one.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:04 - Dec 6 with 1678 viewsGeoffSentence

They'd get a lot of red cards, they can break a man's arm you know.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:07 - Dec 6 with 1671 viewsSwansea_Blue

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:04 - Dec 6 by GeoffSentence

They'd get a lot of red cards, they can break a man's arm you know.

So you need something more sly, like the Foxes?

Login to get fewer ads

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:11 - Dec 6 with 1660 viewsMattinLondon

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:57 - Dec 6 by BrianTablet

Hull vs Millwall would be a close one.

Nah. A tiger will totally destroy a lion, leaving it to sulk off and proclaim that no one likes them.
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:13 - Dec 6 with 1655 viewsBloomBlue

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:52 - Dec 6 by BigCommon

Seagulls would starve them all to death, by nicking there chips.

To be fair Seagulls have been seen to kill different breeds of birds when hungry, even big ones. Not sure they've killed swans or eagles, but I would expect a hungry seagull to put up a good fight.
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:19 - Dec 6 with 1639 viewsKeno

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:57 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

Wrexham would probably do them - the Red Dragons. Not many teams would have a chance there.

But out of birds, I'm going for the Magpies. According to a-z-animals.com, the Australian Magpie is the most dangerous bird. The Ozzy Newcastle team is known as the Jets though, which messes things up. I'm not sure how dangerous English magpies are. But I wouldn't want to be attacked by a swarm of Geordies.

no rules, any mascots goes

surely it depends on the dragon?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:21 - Dec 6 with 1627 viewsGeoffSentence

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:13 - Dec 6 by BloomBlue

To be fair Seagulls have been seen to kill different breeds of birds when hungry, even big ones. Not sure they've killed swans or eagles, but I would expect a hungry seagull to put up a good fight.

There's no such thing as seagulls!

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:24 - Dec 6 with 1601 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:21 - Dec 6 by GeoffSentence

There's no such thing as seagulls!

I dare you to tell Brighton fans that!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:44 - Dec 6 with 1517 viewsFixed_It

Crazy is probably a psychopath - so who knows what he is capable of?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 19:07 - Dec 6 with 1479 viewsjayessess

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:19 - Dec 6 by Keno

no rules, any mascots goes

surely it depends on the dragon?

Mascots or nicknames?

Ipswich probably take them either way. Don't think a swan could beat a draught horse or a boy in a tractor in a fight.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 19:09 - Dec 6 with 1475 viewsMK1

This is Cobblers.
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 21:40 - Dec 6 with 1344 viewsiamatractorboy

Preston or Arsenal would be impossible to beat.
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 22:04 - Dec 6 with 1312 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 21:40 - Dec 6 by iamatractorboy

Preston or Arsenal would be impossible to beat.

The Lilywhites?

I get Arsenal and Sheffield Utd but Preston?

Oh, the Invincibles? Funny thing is, everyone nicknamed that ends up losing sooner or later!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 22:21 - Dec 6 with 1285 viewsBigCommon

If we're going all in with any animal. The I recon a large pack of wolves would take some beating... Although , a massive herd of Suffolk Punch' would be a challenge,,
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 23:14 - Dec 6 with 1239 viewsBlueDouglas

If we're talking about putting together an effective team then it's the foxes surely?! A bit like dogs, can be trained to dribble the ball a bit. If it's just a royal rumble on the football pitch - millwall lions? I don't know
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 23:16 - Dec 6 with 1235 viewsBlueDouglas

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 18:11 - Dec 6 by MattinLondon

Nah. A tiger will totally destroy a lion, leaving it to sulk off and proclaim that no one likes them.

Correct but you won't see tigers playing as a team, whereas lions will back each other up
If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 08:11 - Dec 7 with 1101 viewsBlueBoots

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 17:57 - Dec 6 by Swansea_Blue

If we're going with just birds and English clubs, here's the rundown...

The Owls - Yep, top of the list, based on strength and speed to its relative size. Silent assassins - if you're prey, you're caught before you know it, and unlike some of the birds on this list you then get ripped apart rather than swallowed whole. Take a look on YouTube at videos of them defending their nests from other birds too.
The Eagles - Pretty straighforward; dirty great bird of prey.
The Magpies - High on the list due to their craftiness. More likely to let another bird do the hard work and scavenge after, but quite capable of predating too if it's in the mood.
The Seagulls - low down the list as that will cover every everything from pretty harmless Black-headed Gulls. If we're talking Great Black-backed Gulls, they are right up there with the Eagles, but as they usually swallow their prey whole a quicker death than being torn apart by a raptor.
The Swans - most are pretty placid and mild-mannered, so this high purely on size and strength; you do get very aggressive males in breeding pairs who will go around killing the young of other swans / geese (and even their parents sometimes) defending his territory.
The Robins - surprisingly territorial, but they usually defend that by singing rather than fighting.
The Bluebirds - Soft as sh1te.
The Canaries - Not even a wild bird anymore; can just about beat a Budgie in a fight.
The Bantams - Can't even fly to avoid ending up on someone's dinner plate.

If we're including nicknames of football clubs around the world, honourable mentions for Inter Miami (The Herons - my least favourite bird to rescue...those beaks are a serious weapon) and as Elkan Baggott can no doubt tell you, the overall winner is Indonesian Liga 3 side Persiss Sorong, who are nicknamed the Blue Cassowary.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 8:15]

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 08:43 - Dec 7 with 1051 viewsKeno

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 08:11 - Dec 7 by BlueBoots

If we're going with just birds and English clubs, here's the rundown...

The Owls - Yep, top of the list, based on strength and speed to its relative size. Silent assassins - if you're prey, you're caught before you know it, and unlike some of the birds on this list you then get ripped apart rather than swallowed whole. Take a look on YouTube at videos of them defending their nests from other birds too.
The Eagles - Pretty straighforward; dirty great bird of prey.
The Magpies - High on the list due to their craftiness. More likely to let another bird do the hard work and scavenge after, but quite capable of predating too if it's in the mood.
The Seagulls - low down the list as that will cover every everything from pretty harmless Black-headed Gulls. If we're talking Great Black-backed Gulls, they are right up there with the Eagles, but as they usually swallow their prey whole a quicker death than being torn apart by a raptor.
The Swans - most are pretty placid and mild-mannered, so this high purely on size and strength; you do get very aggressive males in breeding pairs who will go around killing the young of other swans / geese (and even their parents sometimes) defending his territory.
The Robins - surprisingly territorial, but they usually defend that by singing rather than fighting.
The Bluebirds - Soft as sh1te.
The Canaries - Not even a wild bird anymore; can just about beat a Budgie in a fight.
The Bantams - Can't even fly to avoid ending up on someone's dinner plate.

If we're including nicknames of football clubs around the world, honourable mentions for Inter Miami (The Herons - my least favourite bird to rescue...those beaks are a serious weapon) and as Elkan Baggott can no doubt tell you, the overall winner is Indonesian Liga 3 side Persiss Sorong, who are nicknamed the Blue Cassowary.
[Post edited 7 Dec 2023 8:15]

Can I just say that’s an impressive piece of work!!

There are the eagles and also Liver Birds, although I’m not sure how two gobby scouse girls would fit in

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 08:57 - Dec 7 with 1042 viewsBlueBoots

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 08:43 - Dec 7 by Keno

Can I just say that’s an impressive piece of work!!

There are the eagles and also Liver Birds, although I’m not sure how two gobby scouse girls would fit in

Very welcome; my duty as the resident board birder

I would rank gobby Scouse girls on a par with Gulls, as equally likely to steal your chips. If we're going with club badges too, then Tottenham have the Cockerel, but we're opening a can of worms with that one...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 09:00 - Dec 7 with 1028 viewsSwansea_Blue

If real Swans played football they would obviously beat most other on 19:07 - Dec 6 by jayessess

Mascots or nicknames?

Ipswich probably take them either way. Don't think a swan could beat a draught horse or a boy in a tractor in a fight.

Maybe, although the Swans mascot has a bit of a reputation:

“Cyril the Swan: Faced a disciplinary hearing after kicking a ball at a Millwall player during a 1998 FA Cup match. Also collided into Norwich’s Bryan Hamilton and a code of conduct for mascots was later introduced. Yes, really.”

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/remembering-best-mascot-fight-english-footb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024