Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Christmas dinner 10:57 - Dec 19 with 2026 viewsMullet

What are we all having this year? I'm only cooking for the kids and a couple of others so it'll be a fancy Roast chicken dinner for once. Pudding and sies TBC.

My finest achievement was a ludicrously expensive beef wellington a few years ago but cozzie livs innit.

Speaking of which - https://www.trusselltrust.org/be-here-ppc/

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:01 - Dec 19 with 1827 viewshomer_123

Family over - so Turkey and Pork (from Xmas Eve) - veg and a couple of family traditions.

Xmas pud and something for the kids as they are not fans.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:09 - Dec 19 with 1804 views_clive_baker_

It'll be a Turkey and all the trimmings here. My wife's family are coming over from Ireland, they wanted to treat us to the Turkey so that's getting collected on Christmas Eve from the butchers. Need to get the vegetables in, it's all about the roasted root veg innit

Just the 6 of us in total on Christmas day, so it'll mostly be about spoiling the kids and making sure they have a nice time.

Trussell Trust are great. I'm between jobs at the moment, and I'm doing some voluntary work at a local foodbank. My first shift is this Thursday.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:13 - Dec 19 with 1791 viewsWarkystache

Mum's in hospital so I'll be cooking for Dad, his elderly neighbours and me.

Terry did invite me but mum fell ill last week so I cancelled. Which reminds me, haven't done a Warky Report for Saturday yet.

So we're having:

Starter - Hot smoked salmon, horseradish creme fraiche, toast.

Main - Top Rib of Aberdeen Angus, roast potatoes, carrots in dill butter, sprouts with pancetta lardons and stilted raisins, parsnips, cauliflower.

Pud - no-one likes Xmas pud so I'll be making a baked alaska with a block of vanilla ice cream at the bottom, cherries in port and peach slices in brandy on the top.

Dad said not to bother but his neighbours don't have anyone else around and they're a lovely couple so we are.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:18 - Dec 19 with 1768 viewshatch

Jacket potatoes on Xmas Day for my family - keep everyone out the kitchen and get us in the sitting room together.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:20 - Dec 19 with 1769 viewsfactual_blue

I initially read that as you're cooking the kids for Christmas.

We've got a rib of beef this year, turkey for when the family arrive.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:25 - Dec 19 with 1743 viewsblueasfook

I am going to have roast pork - as usual. Turkey is boring. Roast pork cooked in cider and then use the jucies to make a pork/cider gravy. Yummy.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:28 - Dec 19 with 1726 viewsGuthrum

First Christmas since my mother died. So going with my brother to his in-laws for Christmas Day instead of the usual trip to SE Cambs.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Traditional for us lot…. on 11:33 - Dec 19 with 1698 viewsBloots

….turkey, gammon, roasties, parsnips, carrots, sprouts, broccoli/cauli, PIBs, stuffing and gravy.

Sorted.

Yum.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:34 - Dec 19 with 1683 viewsusm

Traditional Turkey for us - with all the usual trimmings. Dessert will be Xmas pud (yuk) and a roulade plus a mango cheesecake.
11 of us this year and were hosting Boxing Day as well - for 17 !!! - so got a mahoosive turkey ordered plus beef and ham.
Jacket spuds and/or dauphinoise spuds on Boxing Day + cold meats, salad and pickles.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:39 - Dec 19 with 1655 viewsSikamikanico

Just the three of us including a toddler.

Some form of vegan wellington with chicken nuggets for the toddler.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:48 - Dec 19 with 1590 viewsIllinoisblue

I’ll be at my mum’s in historic and beautiful Ipswich. Turkey, beef and gammon with a rumour of Yorkshire puddings. Bring. It. On.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:18 - Dec 19 with 1440 viewsMullet

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:09 - Dec 19 by _clive_baker_

It'll be a Turkey and all the trimmings here. My wife's family are coming over from Ireland, they wanted to treat us to the Turkey so that's getting collected on Christmas Eve from the butchers. Need to get the vegetables in, it's all about the roasted root veg innit

Just the 6 of us in total on Christmas day, so it'll mostly be about spoiling the kids and making sure they have a nice time.

Trussell Trust are great. I'm between jobs at the moment, and I'm doing some voluntary work at a local foodbank. My first shift is this Thursday.

Lots of good options for roots. I had a butternut squash spare the other week so put it in the roast. Too leftfield for Xmas dinner, but worth remembering.

Good man. We've got a community fridge/mini foodbank at ours. I keep saying I'll do a shift one day after work but haven't yet.

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:45 - Dec 19 with 1376 viewsfactual_blue

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:18 - Dec 19 by Mullet

Lots of good options for roots. I had a butternut squash spare the other week so put it in the roast. Too leftfield for Xmas dinner, but worth remembering.

Good man. We've got a community fridge/mini foodbank at ours. I keep saying I'll do a shift one day after work but haven't yet.

On an unsurprising point of pedantry, a butternut squash isn't a root vegetable.

Happy Christmas nonetheless to you as one of the Good Guys.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Good man.... on 13:59 - Dec 19 with 1337 viewsBloots

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:09 - Dec 19 by _clive_baker_

...I do 2/3 afternoons a week at our local "community hub", it operates a "community fridge" scheme, as well as offering support for the elderly, financially vulnerable, terminally ill, educational poor etc. Anyone that's vulnerable really.

Make sure you start your new job soon or you'll end up getting addicted to the volunteering.

I started doing a couple of hours a week, but it's snowballed!

TWTD Christmas dinner on 14:36 - Dec 19 with 1261 viewsGlasgowBlue

Vegetarian wellington.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good man.... on 14:53 - Dec 19 with 1243 views_clive_baker_

Good man.... on 13:59 - Dec 19 by Bloots

...I do 2/3 afternoons a week at our local "community hub", it operates a "community fridge" scheme, as well as offering support for the elderly, financially vulnerable, terminally ill, educational poor etc. Anyone that's vulnerable really.

Make sure you start your new job soon or you'll end up getting addicted to the volunteering.

I started doing a couple of hours a week, but it's snowballed!

Nice one Bloots, that sounds like a good initiative. I've got no idea what to expect, just going to get there and see what they need me to do, I'll turn my hand to anything tbh. The plan we be to help out regularly through Jan and Feb and start my new job in March.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 09:24 - Dec 20 with 1072 viewsMullet

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:13 - Dec 19 by Warkystache

Terry did invite me but mum fell ill last week so I cancelled. Which reminds me, haven't done a Warky Report for Saturday yet.

So we're having:

Main - Top Rib of Aberdeen Angus, roast potatoes, carrots in dill butter, sprouts with pancetta lardons and stilted raisins, parsnips, cauliflower.

Pud - no-one likes Xmas pud so I'll be making a baked alaska with a block of vanilla ice cream at the bottom, cherries in port and peach slices in brandy on the top.

Dad said not to bother but his neighbours don't have anyone else around and they're a lovely couple so we are.

I knew you'd raise the bar old fruit. What a menu that is.

TWTD Christmas dinner on 09:57 - Dec 20 with 1015 viewsbrazil1982

At the in-laws on Christmas Day (North Wales) for Turkey and all the trimmings. Probably cheesecake for afters.

Return on Boxing Day (York) and we will have the ham I cooked on Christmas Eve, with left over roast potatoes fried up and the match on the TV. Bliss.

Also, cheese.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:11 - Dec 20 with 959 viewssolemio

Every year for yonks there's been a thread about whether or not it is right to have Yorkshire Pud with Christmas dinner.

I don't think this thread is it though.
TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:17 - Dec 20 with 947 viewspablo_canooga

For the first time in what seems like ages, it'll be just me, the good wife, and our two boys. I'm going for a slow-cooked chuck beef joint stew with all the trimmings. I'm not sure about dessert yet - some cheesecake of sorts probably.
Definitely shouldn’t be this thread…. on 11:38 - Dec 20 with 901 viewsBloots

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:11 - Dec 20 by solemio

Every year for yonks there's been a thread about whether or not it is right to have Yorkshire Pud with Christmas dinner.

….but it’s obviously wrong nonetheless.

TWTD Christmas dinner on 12:00 - Dec 20 with 860 viewsjimsymBLUE

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:13 - Dec 19 by Warkystache

So we're having:

What time do you want me round?

Poll: Who is the better contributor to this site?

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:32 - Dec 20 with 815 viewsCoastalblue

TWTD Christmas dinner on 11:11 - Dec 20 by solemio

Wasn't it onion rings one year?

Someone having onion rings with their roast turkey and trimmings?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Pretty sure it was young Rommers…. on 13:34 - Dec 20 with 804 viewsBloots

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:32 - Dec 20 by Coastalblue

….he’s rock n roll.

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:34 - Dec 20 with 806 viewsEdwardStone

TWTD Christmas dinner on 13:32 - Dec 20 by Coastalblue

I have onion rings on the 5th day of Christmas

Five of them

There is a line in a popular song about it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024