Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clarke 17:37 - Dec 23 with 3937 viewsgtsb1966

Anyone else think that he may not be good enough for what we need. Not a criticism more of an observation.
Clarke on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 3121 viewsDubtractor

He had a really tough game today (like most of out team tbh), but I think he is fine for this division in general.

He had a tricky start to the season, not helped by a lingering injury, but he has actually played pretty well recently.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Clarke on 17:40 - Dec 23 with 3110 viewsWestover

I think a fit JD is a better defender.
Clarke on 17:42 - Dec 23 with 3099 viewsstrikalite

Not at his best today, though a few had off days, thought he looked solid against Norwich though, fine margins sometimes from game to game...Williams for me is an upgrade at his best..
Clarke on 17:43 - Dec 23 with 3077 viewsTrequartista

Is he still carrying an injury as he still doesn't look like the player we signed last season.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Clarke on 17:44 - Dec 23 with 3068 viewsReusersTown

Clarke on 17:40 - Dec 23 by Westover

I think a fit JD is a better defender.

You've only really seen Donacian against League one defenders.
Clarke on 18:26 - Dec 23 with 2892 viewsbadadski

Clarke on 17:44 - Dec 23 by ReusersTown

I think Williams needs to come back against mavididi. We will need to be more cautious or we will be in for another hiding from that side of the pitch especially if we try to take them on like we did against Leeds and like Birmingham tried on Monday. Dewsberry hall, Daka and mavidid ran the show and are too good for us to give freedom of the pitch.
Clarke on 18:58 - Dec 23 with 2749 viewspointofblue

Clarke on 17:44 - Dec 23 by ReusersTown

He played against Sunderland, Stoke and QPR at the start of the season. We conceded one across those three games.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Clarke on 19:04 - Dec 23 with 2712 viewsMVBlue

He did OK mostly. But that letting the ball roll out for a goalkick when we could have got (our only) corner, together with the own goal summed up the errors today. Just not quite on it.
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 19:12]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Login to get fewer ads

Clarke on 19:06 - Dec 23 with 2685 viewsSouthfieldsBlue

I find it incredible that anyone could watch that game and think Clarke was the problem in our defence today, rather than the other 3 who each directly led to conceding a goal.
Clarke on 19:24 - Dec 23 with 2598 viewssmithy69

Clarke on 19:04 - Dec 23 by MVBlue

He did OK mostly. But that letting the ball roll out for a goalkick when we could have got (our only) corner, together with the own goal summed up the errors today. Just not quite on it.

This makes no sense. The reason he let it go was it clearly
Touched the knee of the defender?
Clarke on 19:25 - Dec 23 with 2595 viewsDJR

No.
Clarke on 19:36 - Dec 23 with 2492 viewsDJR

Clarke on 19:04 - Dec 23 by MVBlue

Clarke didn't concede an own goal. He got beaten by a good and pacy player, as have full backs since the game was invented.
Clarke on 19:38 - Dec 23 with 2461 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

I can’t say Clarke looked any worse than Davis today, Axel T looked very poor, Burgess wasn’t any worse than Clarke either…
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 19:39]
Clarke on 19:54 - Dec 23 with 2349 viewsgosblue

I thought Clarke had a good game against Norwich. The problem is that we use him as a hybrid RB/CB/RWB not unlike Donacien. That’s ok against most of the teams in this league. I think we needed 3 CBs today so Clarke wouldn’t need to keep looking over his shoulder and Davis could have bombed on a bit more. Williams having come on at LB may not have done himself any favours. It could mean that he is a versatile asset on the bench.
Clarke on 19:58 - Dec 23 with 2304 viewsbaxterbasics

I was sure Brandon was going to make that spot his own until the 'illness' came along and now he seems to be out of favour.

Clarke V Summerville was only ever going to go one way of course.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Clarke on 20:00 - Dec 23 with 2283 viewsOldFart71

Strange really that the man who said that he'd take a point before a ball was kicked was one of the people giving an opinion in the form of McCarthy. Maybe, just maybe an approach similar to what McCarthy would advocate would have been better. Farke obviously did his homework as they exploited the space behind Davis and Clarke isn't the quickest on the other side. Problem is could we play for a draw, are we capable ? Whilst it has been a breath of fresh air with McKenna from the stale football before him I would certainly be very concerned taking a side that can't defend into the Prem and the question should be asked are we ready in view of the fact that Leeds took us apart and Fulham did the same.
Clarke on 20:04 - Dec 23 with 2245 viewsMK1

Not sure we can lay the blame on any one player. It was an off day. A bad off day at that, but let us not forget the season we are having and the position we are in. Leicester gives us a chance to right this wrong. We move on and go again.
Clarke on 21:06 - Dec 23 with 2042 viewsgtsb1966

It's not just about today though as some are looking at.
Clarke on 21:15 - Dec 23 with 2005 viewsFrimleyBlue

Think he will be. Don't forget he's played about 4 different roles in his career. He's now developing in this one.

Imo he's actually a better defender than davis. But he's nowhere near equal with the ball and still has lots to learn defending anyway.

Problem is no one saw us 2nd at Xmas. So when you think about a clarke in the prem it's a scary thought

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Clarke on 21:32 - Dec 23 with 1934 viewspennblue

I think all players would eventually need to be upgraded if you wanted us to be back in Europe. Today i thought clarke looked ok against their best player by a country mile who is high on confidence and bang in form

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Clarke on 21:43 - Dec 23 with 1866 viewsGodzilla

Clarke on 17:42 - Dec 23 by strikalite

Not at his best today, though a few had off days, thought he looked solid against Norwich though, fine margins sometimes from game to game...Williams for me is an upgrade at his best..

Like Clarke a lot, his attitude and effort, but a fit Williams is a better player against top quality attackers (not so slow), much more to his game and more skilfull, but I dont think this would have made much difference today tbh.
Clarke on 21:47 - Dec 23 with 1822 viewsPioneerBlue

Let’s not overreact. Instead let’s start questioning the legitimacy of every player that has helped win us to 52 points in 23 games. Are we really going down this road?

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Clarke on 21:54 - Dec 23 with 1790 viewsGodzilla

Clarke on 21:47 - Dec 23 by PioneerBlue

Let’s not overreact. Instead let’s start questioning the legitimacy of every player that has helped win us to 52 points in 23 games. Are we really going down this road?

Its not really an overreaction to always look for improvement, our fantastic position is probably a bit unexpected, but even before today, its possibly obvious that we need defenders in this window, and I expect we will get one or two.
Clarke on 21:59 - Dec 23 with 1753 viewsChurchman

Clarke on 19:36 - Dec 23 by DJR

Clarke didn't concede an own goal. He got beaten by a good and pacy player, as have full backs since the game was invented.

I like Clarke. Strong, young, great attitude, lots to his game. There was plenty that went badly today for more than one of our team and it’s not the moment to play blame game.
Clarke on 22:04 - Dec 23 with 1729 viewsGodzilla

Clarke on 21:59 - Dec 23 by Churchman

I like Clarke. Strong, young, great attitude, lots to his game. There was plenty that went badly today for more than one of our team and it’s not the moment to play blame game.

So do I, but if you think we are defending well, I cant agree. Lots of room for improvement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024