Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Heard in the family section last night... 09:16 - Dec 27 with 5157 viewsJrm_72

Gaggle of ten year olds behind me with their dads, in the aftermath of Mavididi's goal, one of the boys shouted "go back to your home you black c**t". Didnt report it as not sure who owned the pre-pubescent voice, but honestly couldn't believe it. So sad and ashamed to hear from our own fans.

If you are the owner of said child, please choose another team to support, thanks.
Heard in the family section last night... on 09:29 - Dec 27 with 4613 viewsbobbyramsey

The feral minority thankfully......
Heard in the family section last night... on 09:32 - Dec 27 with 4551 viewshoppy

…or another child.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:42 - Dec 27 with 4456 viewsRyorry

Maybe notifying a steward would have been an option? We don't want that young person back at PR until they've at least had some proper education.

Shocking and sad in equal measure anyway.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:44 - Dec 27 with 4423 viewsBuhrer

Report it.
Heard in the family section last night... on 09:44 - Dec 27 with 4417 viewsle2blue

Ahh, you most certainly should've reported it (you can text and inform which block), even if it was for a steward to tell the entire group its not acceptable behaviour, only way they'll learn we don't tolerate it.
Heard in the family section last night... on 09:53 - Dec 27 with 4336 viewsbluelagos

An irony being Mavididi is born and bread in....Derby, that well known part of deepest Africa.

Too late to report it at the time, but you can still speak to a steward next time you go in. Explain what you heard, the area it came from and they can keep their eyes peeled in case it happens again.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:59 - Dec 27 with 4240 viewsDJR

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:42 - Dec 27 by Ryorry

Maybe notifying a steward would have been an option? We don't want that young person back at PR until they've at least had some proper education.

Shocking and sad in equal measure anyway.

Sadly, with some young people, what they say reflects what they have heard their parents say.
Heard in the family section last night... on 10:32 - Dec 27 with 4054 viewsFtnfwest

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:53 - Dec 27 by bluelagos

An irony being Mavididi is born and bread in....Derby, that well known part of deepest Africa.

Too late to report it at the time, but you can still speak to a steward next time you go in. Explain what you heard, the area it came from and they can keep their eyes peeled in case it happens again.

Best thing since sliced something or other in that area
Login to get fewer ads

Heard in the family section last night... on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 3998 viewsMetal_Hacker

Report the filthy scum

The club could write to them all who were in the vicinity surely implying this isn’t tolerated etc

Poll: If it were one or the other

Heard in the family section last night... on 10:36 - Dec 27 with 3991 viewsnrb1985

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:59 - Dec 27 by DJR

Sadly, with some young people, what they say reflects what they have heard their parents say.

Or indeed the current government of the day or former Home Secretary...
Heard in the family section last night... on 13:40 - Dec 27 with 3584 viewsDeano69

Quite a number of bellends in attendance last night.

Group of lads ended up in season ticket holder seats in the cobbold being very foul mouthed m, kept standing up and generally p1ssing of those around them. The stewards gave them 4 final warnings to behave or get thrown out.

Hopefully normal service will resume once the schools go back.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Heard in the family section last night... on 15:25 - Dec 27 with 3263 viewsBramidan

What do they shout at our players?
Do foreign players suddenly become Suffolk boahs if they where the shirt?
I despair, I hoped as kids grew up in a multi racial society the prejudice of their parents would die out.
Heard in the family section last night... on 15:43 - Dec 27 with 3162 viewsHalifaxBlue

Mate you have to report that. It is not your job to identify the kid, the club absolutely has to know when that kind of thing is going on.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Heard in the family section last night... on 15:55 - Dec 27 with 3066 viewsnorth_stand77

I know it's not a racist comment, but there are 2 teenage girls (probably about 15?) who sit in upper North with their dads . The girls shout out during the game the 'C' word and eff and blind continually
As does one of the fathers.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I can't get my head round that, especially when there are other families with young children who sit around us and spoils the game for us.

Not nice behaviour.
Heard in the family section last night... on 16:32 - Dec 27 with 2869 viewsLankHenners

Heard in the family section last night... on 15:55 - Dec 27 by north_stand77

I know it's not a racist comment, but there are 2 teenage girls (probably about 15?) who sit in upper North with their dads . The girls shout out during the game the 'C' word and eff and blind continually

Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I can't get my head round that, especially when there are other families with young children who sit around us and spoils the game for us.

Not nice behaviour.

I'm no prude but I'm often a bit shocked by the language coming out of children's mouths at PR when they're with their parents. Not normally many (young) families where my ST is but whenever I've sat elsewhere for the odd game (usually SBR lower for a cup match), there's often been kids probably 13 or so max effing this and c-ing that in the presence of their parents who don't seem at all bothered and indeed find it amusing. Groups of young lads gobbing off all game is pretty unpleasant but it's something that isn't unexpected at a modern football match, but kids doing it in front of their parents really is bizarre imo.

On a related note to the OP, there was audible booing from Block E of the Cobbold when Leicester took the knee pre-kick off which was disappointing to hear as I don't recall that happening from Town fans before at that gesture.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Heard in the family section last night... on 16:52 - Dec 27 with 2691 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’m not sure just putting it on a message board is the best thing to do. Let the club do their job, needs to be reported, no place for it.

Half the time I wonder if people are so completely utterly thick they don’t even know the implications of their behavior but it must come from somewhere. Unbelievable in 2023 you can hear such racist nonsense, kids or otherwise.
Heard in the family section last night... on 18:01 - Dec 27 with 2431 viewsRyorry

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:59 - Dec 27 by DJR

Spot on.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Heard in the family section last night... on 18:22 - Dec 27 with 2334 viewsCopfordBlue

If you heard it, others must have done too. Please report it to the club. It helps the club identify who it was and adds to the evidence in support of a ban if you are one of several who have reported it. We don’t need scum like that. The most shocking thing about what you have said is that in my experience youngsters are far less racist than their parents, grandparents etc.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Heard in the family section last night... on 18:28 - Dec 27 with 2274 viewsblueasfook

Heard in the family section last night... on 15:55 - Dec 27 by north_stand77

Not nice behaviour.

I'll never forget the time i saw two chav teenagers at a bus stop - one had a toddler in a buggy - laughing cos the kid was shouting "f*** off" at the passing cars.

Mind, this was on Colchester High St lol. Stay classy Colchester.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Heard in the family section last night... on 18:33 - Dec 27 with 2217 viewsblueasfook

Heard in the family section last night... on 09:53 - Dec 27 by bluelagos

He's worked to get where he is. Fair play to him. He's no loafer.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Heard in the family section last night... on 18:34 - Dec 27 with 2193 viewsmarchy

No other team deserves that sh*te in their ranks either. If you are the owner of said child, please take a long, hard look at yourself.
Heard in the family section last night... on 18:57 - Dec 27 with 2070 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Heard in the family section last night... on 16:32 - Dec 27 by LankHenners

I'm no prude but I'm often a bit shocked by the language coming out of children's mouths at PR when they're with their parents. Not normally many (young) families where my ST is but whenever I've sat elsewhere for the odd game (usually SBR lower for a cup match), there's often been kids probably 13 or so max effing this and c-ing that in the presence of their parents who don't seem at all bothered and indeed find it amusing. Groups of young lads gobbing off all game is pretty unpleasant but it's something that isn't unexpected at a modern football match, but kids doing it in front of their parents really is bizarre imo.

On a related note to the OP, there was audible booing from Block E of the Cobbold when Leicester took the knee pre-kick off which was disappointing to hear as I don't recall that happening from Town fans before at that gesture.

I had the opposite problem at Wycombe last year. Junior was shouting "shut the f@ck up" at some of ours giving their keeper the "you fat bar steward" treatment over and over.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Heard in the family section last night... on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 1953 viewsJrm_72

Had a look round the clubs site and they seem to recommend to report to kick it out online, which I've done.

If anyone can recommend any other places to report I'm happy to do so
Heard in the family section last night... on 20:40 - Dec 27 with 1837 viewsjontysnut

Heard in the family section last night... on 18:01 - Dec 27 by Ryorry

Spot on.

I was once in the family section of the old Den and I'm not sure who was worse, the kids or the parents. There was enough material there for a whole conference.
Heard in the family section last night... on 21:39 - Dec 27 with 1673 viewsChe

Heard in the family section last night... on 20:40 - Dec 27 by jontysnut

I was once in the family section of the old Den and I'm not sure who was worse, the kids or the parents. There was enough material there for a whole conference.

Why not say something to the child and to the parents who are with him.
Sometimes we have to face these people you will be surprised by the support you will get from others around you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024