Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 days until Sunderland… 15:08 - Jan 3 with 4595 viewsSitfcB

…what day will the flounce start about not having a striker signed in time for that game?

Wednesday I reckon (10th)

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 3345 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Now imagine, that we sell Ladapo the day before we sign a striker.
Good God.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:11 - Jan 3 with 3331 viewsTractorCam

No as we'll have one, maybe two, strikers in by then.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:12 - Jan 3 with 3335 viewsKieran_Knows

I reckon Monday 29th January, with said striker at the game for Rotherham on the 27th - similar to Hirst being at the Rotherham game last January.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:22 - Jan 3 with 3225 viewsKeno

Im going for 15.23 this afternoon

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:28 - Jan 3 with 3196 viewsSheffordBlue

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:12 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

I reckon Monday 29th January, with said striker at the game for Rotherham on the 27th - similar to Hirst being at the Rotherham game last January.

The day we play Liverpool away in the 4th Round of the FA Cup you mean.....

Another reason for going strong against Wimbledon is it gives us a bit more breathing room for the league fixtures in the window.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:30 - Jan 3 with 3169 viewsKeno

10 days until Sunderland… on 15:22 - Jan 3 by Keno

Im going for 15.23 this afternoon

what do I win?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:45 - Jan 3 with 2984 viewstextbackup

Would it be flouncing if concern is shown if we don’t have striker in by then?
I’d say all focus needs to be on getting one in very very soon, because if not, the options are Jackson or Ladapo. And nobody in their right mind wants to see that again, do they?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:48 - Jan 3 with 2940 viewsFrimleyBlue

I don't see it as a flounce.

Yes the window has just opened.

But we went into the season with only Hirst as the right choice of striker for this league with no backup...

If we go into week 3 of the Jan window with no striker. You then have to ask what ashton has been doing for the past 8 months.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:49 - Jan 3 with 2932 viewsCheltenham_Blue

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:45 - Jan 3 by textbackup

I’d say all focus needs to be on getting one in very very soon, because if not, the options are Jackson or Ladapo. And nobody in their right mind wants to see that again, do they?

If we’re in a rush it’ll be before Friday anyway. Else they’ll potentially be cup tied.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:58 - Jan 3 with 2858 viewsITFCBlues

Agreed & we went through the whole of the summer being told there was plenty of time to add another striker before we subsequently missed out on a number of our targets and ended up with Scarlett as a last resort.

Important we can get one through the door ASAP as they'll need time to get used to how we play etc.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:59 - Jan 3 with 2857 viewsSitfcB

I will be flouncing/moaning/whatever it’s called if we don’t have at least one new striker in by the Sunderland game for sure.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

10 days until Sunderland… on 17:01 - Jan 3 with 2827 viewsFrimleyBlue

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:59 - Jan 3 by SitfcB

I will be flouncing/moaning/whatever it’s called if we don’t have at least one new striker in by the Sunderland game for sure.

If we don't. Do you not think KM will be flouncing.

Imagine having only Jackson and ladapo to choose from.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

10 days until Sunderland… on 17:20 - Jan 3 with 2710 viewsPioneerBlue

We’ve got strikers at the club, one isn’t really up to championship level, one isn’t really a striker, the other is young inexperienced and returning from injury. What’s the prob? It’s for the rest of the team to combine to score goals at this time of need.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

10 days until Sunderland… on 17:26 - Jan 3 with 2661 viewsSteve_M

I'll be disappointed if we don't have a striker in by the Sunderland game. We've needed one since last Summer so I would hope that things are underway there.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

10 days until Sunderland… on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2508 viewsStewart27

10 days until Sunderland… on 17:20 - Jan 3 by PioneerBlue

We’ve got strikers at the club, one isn’t really up to championship level, one isn’t really a striker, the other is young inexperienced and returning from injury. What’s the prob? It’s for the rest of the team to combine to score goals at this time of need.

It’s a pretty big problem not having a decent striker. As we’ve seen in the last 2 games.
10 days until Sunderland… on 17:53 - Jan 3 with 2509 viewsiamipswich

Slight irony in that Sunderland who are a club who have had an even more drastic striker shortage this season than us. The Portuguese fella has not hit the ground running so they've deployed Jobe Bellingham as a false 9 a lot.

Poll: Who will return first?

10 days until Sunderland… on 18:25 - Jan 3 with 2381 viewsOldFart71

the biggest problem is many teams want to keep what they have and those that are prepared to offload someone want stupid money for them. We have to be very careful as any player coming in isn't just a stopgap for Hirst, but is someone who is equally as good or better as we are building rather than consolidating.
10 days until Sunderland… on 18:30 - Jan 3 with 2353 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Today at 15.08.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

10 days until Sunderland… on 07:45 - Jan 4 with 2059 viewsChurchman

10 days until Sunderland… on 18:30 - Jan 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

Today at 15.08.

Nah, 16.48. FB in this thread is already warming up his flounceomatic flounceometer.
10 days until Sunderland… on 10:36 - Jan 4 with 1844 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

10 days until Sunderland… on 16:48 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see it as a flounce.

Yes the window has just opened.

But we went into the season with only Hirst as the right choice of striker for this league with no backup...

If we go into week 3 of the Jan window with no striker. You then have to ask what ashton has been doing for the past 8 months.

That's not really correct, players had at the start of the season who could play up front were: Chaplin, Hirst, Ladapo, Scarlett, Jackson, Aluko and Broadhead (7) I agree only Hirst and Ladapo can play the role in the current system we operate in, but we did start with plenty of forwards on the books, to make out that the club are some disorganised mess is a bit much.
10 days until Sunderland… on 10:50 - Jan 4 with 1800 viewsbraveblue

You started it.
10 days until Sunderland… on 10:54 - Jan 4 with 1771 viewsBiGDonnie

Won't happen. Stansfield debut hatty. Cheers.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

10 days until Sunderland… on 10:54 - Jan 4 with 1768 viewsSteve_M

10 days until Sunderland… on 10:36 - Jan 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

That's not really correct, players had at the start of the season who could play up front were: Chaplin, Hirst, Ladapo, Scarlett, Jackson, Aluko and Broadhead (7) I agree only Hirst and Ladapo can play the role in the current system we operate in, but we did start with plenty of forwards on the books, to make out that the club are some disorganised mess is a bit much.

No, Frimmers has a point here.

We failed to get the striker we wanted in for the second Summer in a row and it's likely to prove costly to the season unless we do something about it very soon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

10 days until Sunderland… on 11:00 - Jan 4 with 1733 viewstextbackup

10 days until Sunderland… on 10:36 - Jan 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

It doesn’t make you a bad fan for pointing out the short comings in a transfer window.

We started the season seriously weak in striking options, and now we are in trouble because of it (by trouble I mean with our only decent forward injured)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

10 days until Sunderland… on 12:00 - Jan 4 with 1638 viewsParky

10 days until Sunderland… on 11:00 - Jan 4 by textbackup

It doesn’t make you a bad fan for pointing out the short comings in a transfer window.

We started the season seriously weak in striking options, and now we are in trouble because of it (by trouble I mean with our only decent forward injured)

Absolutely. It’s clear we were after another striker in the summer and just couldn’t get it over the line, after being linked with Simms, Armstrong etc, but then eventually ending up with Scarlett, who clearly wasn’t our number 1 choice.

Think we’ve been relatively lucky with injuries before now in that department, as if Hirst would’ve got injured earlier on in the season, think we’d have been in a bit of trouble. Still got plenty of time before Sunderland to get someone in, however!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024