Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us 09:30 - Jan 9 with 4714 viewsAsa

How about players you remember playing for us that actually didn't!

In all my years supporting Town I have never had this, but was absolutely convinced yesterday that Elokobi played a handful of games for us in the early 2010's.

Obviously he never did and he was always a player I liked for opposition teams, but around that 5 year period or so that for me has melded together of Aaron McLean, Keith Andrews, Ben Thatcher, Ibrahima Sonko, DJ Campball, Ivar Ingamarsson, Bilel Moshni, Arron Lee-Barrett etc, I could have sworn Elokobi played a few times.

Never happened to me before. Even weirder as a season ticket holder of 35+ years so it's not like I wouldn't have seen him in action. Age catching up with me I guess lol. Anyone else initially thought someone played for us only to find they didn't?
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:33 - Jan 9 with 3271 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Ian Crook.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:36 - Jan 9 with 3259 views_clive_baker_

That's pretty weird, as I thought the same. I'm sure he came here on a really short term loan. Kind of Kisnorbo vibes, played a handful and fooked off.

Seems not, maybe the Wolves link playing tricks as he screams McCarthy signing.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:41 - Jan 9 with 3226 viewsAsa

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:36 - Jan 9 by _clive_baker_

That's pretty weird, as I thought the same. I'm sure he came here on a really short term loan. Kind of Kisnorbo vibes, played a handful and fooked off.

Good. Glad I am not totally losing it if someone else has the same memory.

Hopefully Phil will come to the rescue and say he was training with us for a few weeks and we decided not to sign him or something and I can feel even more relieved!
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:41 - Jan 9 with 3223 viewsBrightonBlue

Recently regaling a story of when Eddie Howe played a handful of games for us on loan in the '90s, when in fact it was Bobby Howe.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:42 - Jan 9 with 3216 viewsAsa

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:33 - Jan 9 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Ian Crook.

He played for us.

Him and Kachloul were a great Town partnership. Right up until Claus Jensen came in and broke up the pair.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:42 - Jan 9 with 3209 viewsKeno

George Best

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:43 - Jan 9 with 3208 viewshatch

David Nugent surely came on loan for at least a month in his twilight years after we were after him for a decade??
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:48 - Jan 9 with 3152 viewsAsa

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:43 - Jan 9 by hatch

David Nugent surely came on loan for at least a month in his twilight years after we were after him for a decade??

He did. Loan terminated after he scored 7 goals against us in 4 Portman Road appearances.
Login to get fewer ads

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:53 - Jan 9 with 3129 viewshoppy

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:42 - Jan 9 by Asa

He played for us.

Him and Kachloul were a great Town partnership. Right up until Claus Jensen came in and broke up the pair.

Was that before or after Batistuta?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:57 - Jan 9 with 3102 viewsChorleyBoy

Robert Ullathorne
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 10:13 - Jan 9 with 3021 viewsBluePG

Cor Lems.

Poll: Best Dane?

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 10:21 - Jan 9 with 2974 viewsPhilTWTD

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:41 - Jan 9 by Asa

Good. Glad I am not totally losing it if someone else has the same memory.

Hopefully Phil will come to the rescue and say he was training with us for a few weeks and we decided not to sign him or something and I can feel even more relieved!

He was linked with us under Mick, as were all his Wolves players at some point, but sorry to disappoint you, I can't recall him ever spending time here.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 10:22 - Jan 9 with 2938 viewsFrankMarshall

Nigel De Jong

Frank Marshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 10:23 - Jan 9 with 2930 viewsDanTheMan

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 09:36 - Jan 9 by _clive_baker_

I had the same initial thinking as well, but it was Stearman I was thinking of.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 10:28 - Jan 9 with 2906 viewsNthQldITFC

Graham Harbey.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:12 - Jan 9 with 2752 viewsDevereuxxx

I once won a tenner on the way back from an away match from a group of lads convinced that Leroy Lita once played for us.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:17 - Jan 9 with 2715 viewsTownOnTheUp

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:12 - Jan 9 by Devereuxxx

I once won a tenner on the way back from an away match from a group of lads convinced that Leroy Lita once played for us.

Leroy Lita did play for us to be fair, as a trialist. Scored the winner against Braintree for an 'Ipswich XI' back in 2014.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:27 - Jan 9 with 2663 viewsfarkenhell

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:12 - Jan 9 by Devereuxxx

Thanks to TownOnTheUp, I'll have my tenner back please!
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 2633 viewsFrankMarshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:27 - Jan 9 by farkenhell

Thanks to TownOnTheUp, I'll have my tenner back please!

Proof here+

Lita on Target as Town Win at Braintree 22nd Jul 2014 21:42
Striker Leroy Lita, one of six trialists in the starting line-up, netted the only goal as a Blues XI beat Skrill Premier side Braintree Town 1-0 in Brad Quinton’s testimonial at Cressing Road. Lita, 29, a free agent following his release by Swansea, followed up after Iron keeper Nathan McDonald had failed to hold on to a freekick from another trialist, French-Mauritian midfielder Kévin Bru, nine minutes before the break. 30

Frank Marshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:31 - Jan 9 with 2618 viewsSuperblue95

I thought Keith Fahey played for us at some stage under Mick when we used to loan a crap former Ireland international for a few months every season, but when I looked him up once he never had.

In fact he never played for anybody in this country besides Birmingham

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:38 - Jan 9 with 2555 viewsFrankMarshall

Sean St Ledger

Frank Marshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:41 - Jan 9 with 2533 viewsTrumptonBlue

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:31 - Jan 9 by Superblue95

I thought Keith Fahey played for us at some stage under Mick when we used to loan a crap former Ireland international for a few months every season, but when I looked him up once he never had.

In fact he never played for anybody in this country besides Birmingham

You're probably confusing him with Kevin Foley. Easily done.
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 2507 viewsFrankMarshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:41 - Jan 9 by TrumptonBlue

You're probably confusing him with Kevin Foley. Easily done.

Or Keith Andrews

Frank Marshall

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:45 - Jan 9 with 2507 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:30 - Jan 9 by FrankMarshall

Proof here+

Lita on Target as Town Win at Braintree 22nd Jul 2014 21:42
Striker Leroy Lita, one of six trialists in the starting line-up, netted the only goal as a Blues XI beat Skrill Premier side Braintree Town 1-0 in Brad Quinton’s testimonial at Cressing Road. Lita, 29, a free agent following his release by Swansea, followed up after Iron keeper Nathan McDonald had failed to hold on to a freekick from another trialist, French-Mauritian midfielder Kévin Bru, nine minutes before the break. 30

Amazing that is was Kévin Bru who'd go on to have a semi decent career here.

Leeroy Lita, had about three good seasons his whole career and was below average for everything after, although I wish we'd have signed him instead of Sam Parkin! He ended up replacing Nicky Forster at Reading and firing them to promotion though...
Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 12:08 - Jan 9 with 2409 viewsSitfcB

Forget players you'd forgotten actually played for us on 11:38 - Jan 9 by FrankMarshall

Sean St Ledger

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/26268/st-ledger-signs-short-term-deal

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024