Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? 19:27 - Jan 15 with 1950 viewsMattinLondon

Obviously there’s Ipswich in Suffolk and I did know that that there an Ipswich in Queensland and in Massachusetts. But I don’t know about the one in Jamaica or in South Dakota.

Which got me thinking - Has anyone been to more than one Ipswich?
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 19:37 - Jan 15 with 1892 viewsPendejo

I've been to Ipswich, Mass. Had loads of photos taken around the place wearing the late 80s orange shirt.

Got quite a nice beach.

But that's it so far.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 19:47 - Jan 15 with 1845 viewsEiffel78

Not been to another Ipswich, but did a double take when walking round Boston MA and saw Suffolk University.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 19:56 - Jan 15 with 1819 viewslazyblue

Had photo taken a Ipswich fc in Queensland 25 years ago.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 20:18 - Jan 15 with 1764 viewsDeano69

Been through the one in Jamaica. Small village

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 20:21 - Jan 15 with 1753 viewsazuremerlangus

I visited the one in Massachusetts by accident in 1986.

The mansion/house used in the Witches of Eastwick film is part of the Crane Hall estate next to the town of Ipswich. Done some work there for their national trust.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 21:25 - Jan 15 with 1644 viewsHelp

Went to Ipswich Australia, best described as a sh1te hole TBH.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 21:26 - Jan 15 with 1637 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve not been to another Ipswich, but I have been to Suffolk County (NY).

On that note, I wonder if Norfolk Virginia is also full of toothless simpletons with an inferiority complex…
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 21:31 - Jan 15 with 1620 viewsfactual_blue

I've been to all eight of them.

(This answer is accurate ± seven)

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 21:34 - Jan 15 with 1606 viewssuffolkpoker

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 21:25 - Jan 15 by Help

Went to Ipswich Australia, best described as a sh1te hole TBH.

Haha was going to say the same!

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 00:19 - Jan 16 with 1497 viewsevansblue

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 19:56 - Jan 15 by lazyblue

Had photo taken a Ipswich fc in Queensland 25 years ago.

I went there in 1999. Spent about half an hour getting some
Photos then got the train back to Brisbane. It was a Sunday and nothing was open. Makes ipswich Suffolk look like Monte Carlo
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 01:20 - Jan 16 with 1465 viewsTownTilIDie

Sounds like the other Ipswiches haven't quite lived up to our one back home! At least we've got the castle and the schools to make it somewhat interesting.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 07:46 - Jan 16 with 1350 viewsMeadowlark

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 01:20 - Jan 16 by TownTilIDie

Sounds like the other Ipswiches haven't quite lived up to our one back home! At least we've got the castle and the schools to make it somewhat interesting.

What castle?
What schools?
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 09:19 - Jan 16 with 1263 viewsBluespeed225

No, but my mate had the Ipswich clams in NY. Never again! He had to miss The Buzzcocks , was scared to be too far from a loo!
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 09:43 - Jan 16 with 1234 viewsKievthegreat

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 19:47 - Jan 15 by Eiffel78

Not been to another Ipswich, but did a double take when walking round Boston MA and saw Suffolk University.

A large chunk of Boston actually is in Suffolk County, but obviously the city has sort of swallowed it up.

Also amusingly, it is bordered by Essex and Norfolk still, but they somehow conspired to put them the wrong way round, so Essex is to the North and Norfolk is to the South!
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 10:37 - Jan 16 with 1189 viewsbluelagos

New England has shed loads of places with similar name places - go to Boston and you'll see signs for Braintree, Cambridge, Ipswich - sure there's loads more.

And like you say, Aus has plenty of UK named places - had a beer in Newcastle north of Sydney.

Then you can go the other way - Melbourne in Derbyshire is a tad smaller than it's namesake in Aus.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 10:41 - Jan 16 with 1181 viewshatch

Was in a dive bar in Atlanta in 2022 wearing my black out shirt and a bloke comes up to me saying “no way dude! You’re from Ipswich?!!” And I smugly replied - “why yes I am!”. Before he said “so how long is it since you’ve been back to Massachusetts?!”

Also when in Brisbane a few years back I remember seeing their Ipswich in the morning news regularly for various murders and domestic abuse incidents - sounds like a real dodgy area in Australia!
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:18 - Jan 16 with 1135 viewsbournemouthblue

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 10:41 - Jan 16 by hatch

Was in a dive bar in Atlanta in 2022 wearing my black out shirt and a bloke comes up to me saying “no way dude! You’re from Ipswich?!!” And I smugly replied - “why yes I am!”. Before he said “so how long is it since you’ve been back to Massachusetts?!”

Also when in Brisbane a few years back I remember seeing their Ipswich in the morning news regularly for various murders and domestic abuse incidents - sounds like a real dodgy area in Australia!

Am I right in thinking Ipswich in Massachusetts also has a bay

I went on a date with an American from that part of the world and she was saying Ipswich over there is quite pretty but was run by the mob for while, she was saying it had cleaned up it's image again and was on the way up

That must be about 10 years ago now

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:23 - Jan 16 with 1110 views_clive_baker_

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 10:37 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

New England has shed loads of places with similar name places - go to Boston and you'll see signs for Braintree, Cambridge, Ipswich - sure there's loads more.

And like you say, Aus has plenty of UK named places - had a beer in Newcastle north of Sydney.

Then you can go the other way - Melbourne in Derbyshire is a tad smaller than it's namesake in Aus.

I went to Pennsylvania once.

South Gloucestershire, car was on fumes and never been so happy to see a Shell garage.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:42 - Jan 16 with 1058 viewsLeBlue

Visited Ipswich, Massachusetts in about 1987ish.

Most bizarre experience, I was in a shop in the town and mentioned that I supported Ipswich Town - cue much excitement, the storekeeper called the local paper who came to take a picture of me. I can only assume that they thought by 'supporting' I was in some way involved with the club.

Got given some Ipswich Tigers merch (think it was their high school athletics team) to take away.
Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:44 - Jan 16 with 1050 viewsbluelagos

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:23 - Jan 16 by _clive_baker_

I went to Pennsylvania once.

South Gloucestershire, car was on fumes and never been so happy to see a Shell garage.

Wonder if California was named after the sunny uplands of that part of Ipswich?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:58 - Jan 16 with 1027 viewstextbackup

Went to the one in Oz… absolute waste of time, nothing there

Edit. Just been informed by the wife that we didn’t go there. Was sure we did, but apparently I said ‘it’ll be sht, nothing could beat the real Ipswich’

Which I can hear myself saying to be fair.
[Post edited 16 Jan 13:41]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 12:09 - Jan 16 with 993 viewsartsbossbeard

Visited the Queensland one.

Wouldn't go again. Avoid.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 14:27 - Jan 16 with 856 viewsRimsy

I went to Ipswich town centre in the 70's,then again last week. Different world.

BlueBlood

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 14:46 - Jan 16 with 830 viewsMattinLondon

Has anyone visited more than one Ipswich? on 11:44 - Jan 16 by bluelagos

Wonder if California was named after the sunny uplands of that part of Ipswich?

Not sure whether I’m going to get a whoosh but California, Ipswich was named after California, USA as a result of the gold rush over there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024