Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. 18:23 - Jan 18 with 2146 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Junior is off to London to see Mamma Mia on Monday and to visit the Lego shop with a couple of friends. She has asked for some ideas of cheap things to do to fill up the day. (Not museums!!)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:27 - Jan 18 with 1939 viewsBrianTablet

Skygarden is a fantastic view over the city.
Used to be free. Hopefully still is.
Need to book a time in advance.

I enjoyed Tower Bridge Experience.
Get to see inside and walk over the raised walkway.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:27 - Jan 18 with 1939 viewsMattinLondon

There might be some things which might interest her.

https://www.timeout.com/london/fun-things-to-do-in-london-for-under-5-budget

Has she booked tickets for the Lego shop? It’s really popular and always a massive queue to get in. And by massive I mean around an hour.
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:27]
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:29 - Jan 18 with 1920 viewsLeoMuff

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:27 - Jan 18 by BrianTablet

Skygarden is a fantastic view over the city.
Used to be free. Hopefully still is.
Need to book a time in advance.

I enjoyed Tower Bridge Experience.
Get to see inside and walk over the raised walkway.

Sky garden is still free and really great views over London, need to be on it to book a ticket though.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:29 - Jan 18 with 1906 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:27 - Jan 18 by MattinLondon

There might be some things which might interest her.

https://www.timeout.com/london/fun-things-to-do-in-london-for-under-5-budget

Has she booked tickets for the Lego shop? It’s really popular and always a massive queue to get in. And by massive I mean around an hour.
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:27]

Not sure but will send her a link to this thread.

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:35 - Jan 18 with 1865 viewsgiant_stow

maybe a walk along the South Bank?
Or around the CIty of London if she's coming into Liverpool street?

Sorry, wracking my brains but I'm only coming up with walks Camden' market's another, although maybe old hat these days with the youths?

Edit: she could combine the City walk with seeing Tower Bridge and walk around (not in for free) the Tower of London?
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:39]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 1824 viewsIllinoisblue

Maybe soak up the vibe at Borough Market. Good people watching opportunity.

* went there once a few weeks ago and now I’m a bloody expert or something.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:45 - Jan 18 with 1810 viewsgiant_stow

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:44 - Jan 18 by Illinoisblue

Maybe soak up the vibe at Borough Market. Good people watching opportunity.

* went there once a few weeks ago and now I’m a bloody expert or something.

Combine that with the south bank walk, is another option.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:46 - Jan 18 with 1804 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Ur Mum has found this Junior....no idea if it's any good though.
https://www.leakestreetarches.london/
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:49]

Login to get fewer ads

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:47 - Jan 18 with 1796 viewshoppy

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:45 - Jan 18 by giant_stow

Combine that with the south bank walk, is another option.

Not to be confused with the south balk wa...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:48 - Jan 18 with 1778 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:35 - Jan 18 by giant_stow

maybe a walk along the South Bank?
Or around the CIty of London if she's coming into Liverpool street?

Sorry, wracking my brains but I'm only coming up with walks Camden' market's another, although maybe old hat these days with the youths?

Edit: she could combine the City walk with seeing Tower Bridge and walk around (not in for free) the Tower of London?
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:39]

Kings Cross I think but will have a tube ticket for the inner zones I imagine.

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:50 - Jan 18 with 1764 viewsgiant_stow

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 18:48 - Jan 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

Kings Cross I think but will have a tube ticket for the inner zones I imagine.

Easy for Camden then.

Or there's the canal behind Kings cross - could walk along the Coal drop Yard development and then onto Camden along the canal?

Sorry man, wish I had better ideas - think I'm showing my age tbh.
[Post edited 18 Jan 18:56]

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 19:18 - Jan 18 with 1679 viewsNthQldITFC

How about an anti-growth protest march through Westminster?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 19:34 - Jan 18 with 1642 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 19:18 - Jan 18 by NthQldITFC

How about an anti-growth protest march through Westminster?

Perhaps she can super glue herself to some lego!

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 20:06 - Jan 18 with 1572 viewsDJR

If she likes sightseeing, the River Bus is a fairly cheap option, offering a different view of London. She could go, for example, from Westminster to Greenwich.

https://www.thamesclippers.com/plan-your-journey/route-map
[Post edited 18 Jan 20:06]
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 22:08 - Jan 18 with 1390 viewssohamblue74

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy

Brilliant wildlife photography exhibition at NHM. Fairly cheap.

15.50 each for students.
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 22:20 - Jan 18 with 1362 viewscatch74

Possibly a river bus and cable car combo, imagine you could get a combined ticket - not sure if it would be that cheap though.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 22:24 - Jan 18 with 1351 viewsClapham_Junction

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 20:06 - Jan 18 by DJR

If she likes sightseeing, the River Bus is a fairly cheap option, offering a different view of London. She could go, for example, from Westminster to Greenwich.

https://www.thamesclippers.com/plan-your-journey/route-map
[Post edited 18 Jan 20:06]

I've taken visiting relatives on a round trip - DLR (sitting at the front of course) to Royal Victoria, cable car across to Greenwich and then river bus back to central London.

On the trains theme, mail rail (going on an old Post Office railway train) is fun and £11 for a 19 year old.
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 23:03 - Jan 18 with 1294 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Why no museums? Tate Modern would've been brilliant for me as a late teen, fair bit of it is free.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 07:29 - Jan 19 with 1120 viewsPlums

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 22:24 - Jan 18 by Clapham_Junction

I've taken visiting relatives on a round trip - DLR (sitting at the front of course) to Royal Victoria, cable car across to Greenwich and then river bus back to central London.

On the trains theme, mail rail (going on an old Post Office railway train) is fun and £11 for a 19 year old.

A walk under the Thames from Greenwich is an interesting experience

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 09:41 - Jan 19 with 1030 viewsBloomBlue

Museums are free and at Tate Modern go to the top to get a great view over London (note I've been there for a few years so hopefully the viewing floor is still open).

Sky Garden as others have mentioned, booking in advance is better but you can queue on the day. Last time I queued was a Sat and it was a 30 minute wait.

Walk around Covent Garden, especially recommend finding Neal's Yard while there
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 12:11 - Jan 19 with 935 viewsMaySixth

All museums are free

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 12:27 - Jan 19 with 913 viewsBlueStreak

Get the clipper down from Tower Bridge to West London. Great views of London on the boat and not too expensive just memory
London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 15:48 - Jan 19 with 804 viewsCoastalblue

A walking tour? Cover all sorts of subjects and areas and many while not free are 'tours for tips' so no need to spend a fortune.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 17:49 - Jan 19 with 732 viewsLord_Lucan

Don't think too much out of the box Stevie, it will take her all day to get into the lego store......

......If she has a few spare hours she could attempt to get in the M&M shop.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

London...cheap stuff for 19 year olds. on 17:52 - Jan 19 with 717 viewsjontysnut

Not free but cheap way to see the sights

https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-information/visiting-london/experience-london/bus-leis
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024