Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hirst injury layoff 12:28 - Jan 19 with 2403 viewsBobbychase

Just speculating, why do we think Hirst will be out for most of the rest of the season? I tore my hamstring around about 2015 and it healed over about seven weeks. He injured himself on Boxing Day, but the chat is that he might be back in April. Why so long?

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Hirst injury layoff on 12:33 - Jan 19 with 2185 viewsitfc_bucks

did you have extensive surgery to repair yours?
Hirst injury layoff on 12:33 - Jan 19 with 2174 viewsLankHenners

Probably because there's quite a big difference between a normal person injuring themselves then continuing doing whatever job it is they do and an elite sportsperson recovering from an injury to continue putting such high stress on their body again.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Hirst injury layoff on 12:34 - Jan 19 with 2169 viewsDeano69

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Hirst injury layoff on 12:44 - Jan 19 with 2073 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 12:33 - Jan 19 by itfc_bucks

did you have extensive surgery to repair yours?

No. Jut physio/rest etc. Was a bad tear but didn't need op.

Is it such a daft question though? Four months to recovery from hamstring surgery seems on the long side.

Hirst injury layoff on 12:47 - Jan 19 with 2030 viewsDarkBrandon

Hirst injury layoff on 12:44 - Jan 19 by Bobbychase

Is it such a daft question though? Four months to recovery from hamstring surgery seems on the long side.

tinfoil hat.jpg
Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 1962 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 12:47 - Jan 19 by DarkBrandon

tinfoil hat.jpg

You are an odd bunch on here sometimes.

Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 1955 viewsWickets

I tore mine last game of the season many many years ago had treatment and then resumed training for start of the next season only to re tear in the first competitive match was out for months think I got back just before Christmas. They do have a habit of going again if you rush back .
Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 with 1947 viewsLeoMuff

Sounds like he had to have it re attached to the bone, doesn’t get much worse than that.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

Hirst injury layoff on 12:54 - Jan 19 with 1898 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 by LeoMuff

Sounds like he had to have it re attached to the bone, doesn’t get much worse than that.

A grown up answer at last. Thanks

I withdraw the question

Hirst injury layoff on 13:02 - Jan 19 with 1793 viewsNutkins_Return

It was a bit of a daft question but if you don't know then I guess it's not daft and everyone is free to ask questions on here.

You get different grades of hamstring tears - think normally Grade 1-3. I've had loads of grade 1s where you can be back playing in 1-3 weeks or so. You maybe had a grade 2. Worse (i.e. a bigger rip) but will heal on its own. Grade 3 is severe (obvs will be be different levels even within these bands) but if the muscle has separated from bone and needs surgery you'll have a much longer recovery time.

There is the recovery time for the actual tear, the time it will take to build up the other muscles around the leg because he'll lose a lot of muscle and the risk of re-injury then is greater.
[Post edited 19 Jan 13:03]
Hirst injury layoff on 13:05 - Jan 19 with 1745 viewsPioneerBlue

Why was the starting assumption sarcastic and assuming Bobbychase was not an elite sportsman?

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Hirst injury layoff on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 1735 viewsNutkins_Return

I would add though given how well our medical/sports science team have performed I wouldn't be that surprised if he was back ahead of schedule (some time in March). They just have to be so cautious.
Hirst injury layoff on 13:06 - Jan 19 with 1736 viewsArnieM

There’s different grades of tear. Suspect has the highest grade. You probably had a few fibres torn and that’s categorised as a “strain” , which doesn’t seem a good descriptor if your pain does it. But your rehab time of 6-7 weeks falls into that strain category. Trust me, I wish Hirst’s was just a strain !

Here you go ….

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/hamstring-injury/#:~:text=The%20length%20of%20time
[Post edited 19 Jan 13:09]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Hirst injury layoff on 13:09 - Jan 19 with 1670 viewsDarkBrandon

Hirst injury layoff on 13:05 - Jan 19 by PioneerBlue

Why was the starting assumption sarcastic and assuming Bobbychase was not an elite sportsman?

Because of the second word … speculating.

You don’t speculate when you are asking a serious question as to why some hamstring injuries take longer than others.

You do speculate when you imply that the injury won’t keep Hirst out for as long as the club have stated.

Maybe I read too much into that word.
Hirst injury layoff on 13:09 - Jan 19 with 1647 viewsSitfcB

Frimmers tribute act

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hirst injury layoff on 13:12 - Jan 19 with 1595 viewscrouchendyachtclub

Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 by Wickets

I tore mine last game of the season many many years ago had treatment and then resumed training for start of the next season only to re tear in the first competitive match was out for months think I got back just before Christmas. They do have a habit of going again if you rush back .

I did the same. Had 7-8 weeks out, felt like it was fixed and immediately tore it again. Think it took 11-12 the second time.
Hirst injury layoff on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 1586 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 13:05 - Jan 19 by PioneerBlue

Very much not

Hirst injury layoff on 13:13 - Jan 19 with 1576 viewsdirtyboy

Hirst injury layoff on 12:51 - Jan 19 by Wickets

Same.

Did mine right at end of season (proper painful might I add) spent months recovering only to see the other leg go on my first game back.

Retired from 11-a-side at 24. I used to bike to work, so being injured not really an option again after that due to the inconvenience it caused.

Any injury is a sh*tter, but for a pro....extra care needed....mine was inconvience for work, for them, it's their livelihood.
Hirst injury layoff on 13:16 - Jan 19 with 1546 viewsblueasfook

Agree, I suspect he's just being lazy and wants rest of the season off.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Hirst injury layoff on 13:28 - Jan 19 with 1412 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 13:09 - Jan 19 by DarkBrandon

Because of the second word … speculating.

You don’t speculate when you are asking a serious question as to why some hamstring injuries take longer than others.

You do speculate when you imply that the injury won’t keep Hirst out for as long as the club have stated.

Maybe I read too much into that word.

Probably should have phrased it better.

Guess I was hoping the miracle workers in our physio dept who have got other players back sooner than expected could do the same with Hirst, Doesn't sound like it from what others have said.

Hirst injury layoff on 15:26 - Jan 19 with 1180 viewsRadlett_blue

Hirst injury layoff on 13:12 - Jan 19 by crouchendyachtclub

I did the same. Had 7-8 weeks out, felt like it was fixed and immediately tore it again. Think it took 11-12 the second time.

I used to regularly strain/tear my one of my hamstrings when I was a regular squash player & it was so frustrating. Rest it, think it's ok, then try some light jogging, gradually build up to a reasonable pace, try squash again & then it goes again so another 4-6 weeks of inactivity. Obviously for a professional sportsman, the risks when sprinting & stretching for the ball are greater so the last thing we want is to bring Hirst back for a few weeks at the end of the season & then he damages it again.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hirst injury layoff on 16:55 - Jan 19 with 952 viewsBlueBadger

Christ alive.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hirst injury layoff on 16:59 - Jan 19 with 946 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am guessing you didn't see the news that he needed surgery nor the picture that led Frimmers to react that Hirst was broken (not quite his phraseology) as if it is unlikely he would ever recover.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hirst injury layoff on 17:47 - Jan 19 with 848 viewsN2_Blue

Its a bit daft yes!

He's got the severest grade of hamstring injury you can get. He's effectively ruptured it so that it needed surgery to repair.

No disrespect to you but comparing your injury to his is probably like comparing my football ability to George's because i once had a club trial and banged in a hat-trick in an U18's game...in case of any doubt, I'm shi*t at football compared to any professional.

Plus you need to get these injuries right or you will be plagued with it forever in the way Giggs was.

Unfortunately his hamstring may now never be as strong as it was, all depends on the surgery and his recuperation...he may never have a problem again but unfortunately i think it's unlikely.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Hirst injury layoff on 18:08 - Jan 19 with 783 viewsBobbychase

Hirst injury layoff on 17:47 - Jan 19 by N2_Blue

Its a bit daft yes!

He's got the severest grade of hamstring injury you can get. He's effectively ruptured it so that it needed surgery to repair.

No disrespect to you but comparing your injury to his is probably like comparing my football ability to George's because i once had a club trial and banged in a hat-trick in an U18's game...in case of any doubt, I'm shi*t at football compared to any professional.

Plus you need to get these injuries right or you will be plagued with it forever in the way Giggs was.

Unfortunately his hamstring may now never be as strong as it was, all depends on the surgery and his recuperation...he may never have a problem again but unfortunately i think it's unlikely.

All down to a terrible pass from Woolfenden that made Hirst stretch.

Woolfenden now owes us a headed winner at Leicester on Monday and one at Carrow Road. Then he is forgiven.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024