Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistically how many wins to finish second? 01:48 - Feb 18 with 3914 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

One game at a time and all that but now we are getting towards the business end of the season, so it’s fun to try and map it out somewhat.

Two points a game from here on out probably still won’t be enough, which is just ridiculous. I am thinking a minimum of nine wins and a few more points somehow. We don’t half pick our seasons.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 03:09 - Feb 18 with 2963 viewstextbackup

14 games left, to be sure of 2nd I’d say we’d need 10 wins, surely 96 points would guarantee it?!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 04:56 - Feb 18 with 2899 viewsSenatorBlue

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 03:09 - Feb 18 by textbackup

14 games left, to be sure of 2nd I’d say we’d need 10 wins, surely 96 points would guarantee it?!

I’d did the predictor thing and had us on 97 points and still finishing 4th! Which would be ludicrous but not impossible based on the current form of everyone. However we are +2 already on my prediction, and Southampton -3.

It’s going to come down to the smallest of margins. The odd unexpected draw here or there.

It’s incredible for us to even be in the mix with those 3, and just hope our experience of last year helps us through. One game at a time. If you look at the point tracker chart it is incredible just how close this and last season match up.
[Post edited 18 Feb 5:10]
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 04:59 - Feb 18 with 2897 viewsPhuketPete

Incredible as it may seem, it’s possible four teams will get 100 points this season. I can’t quite believe that will actually happen but I suspect 99 points won’t secure auto promo this year. More likely 2nd place will need 101.

Sound crazy? Soton and Leeds have been averaging 2.4 points per game since late ‘23. If they continue their form (entirely possible) they both get over 100. As will we if we can average 2.4-2.5 points from now to end of season. 2.5 would yield 35 points from 14 games and get us to 101. This would need a minimum of 11 more wins. Ideally 12.

The only way to do is one game at a time.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 05:57 - Feb 18 with 2835 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 04:59 - Feb 18 by PhuketPete

Incredible as it may seem, it’s possible four teams will get 100 points this season. I can’t quite believe that will actually happen but I suspect 99 points won’t secure auto promo this year. More likely 2nd place will need 101.

Sound crazy? Soton and Leeds have been averaging 2.4 points per game since late ‘23. If they continue their form (entirely possible) they both get over 100. As will we if we can average 2.4-2.5 points from now to end of season. 2.5 would yield 35 points from 14 games and get us to 101. This would need a minimum of 11 more wins. Ideally 12.

Insane.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 06:21 - Feb 18 with 2786 viewsBuffaloBill

11 wins 2 draws and a defeat it is then

Just not to those fuc kers pls 🫣

Poll: Incentives to want to be promoted

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 08:07 - Feb 18 with 2574 viewslazyblue

13, the way Leeds are going.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:38 - Feb 18 with 2313 viewsJ2BLUE

I think we underestimate things like this. Last year we all said x points will guarantee it and ended up needing to beat 96.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:47 - Feb 18 with 2266 viewsParisBlue

This makes it very difficult to predict.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:51 - Feb 18 with 2247 viewsSWBlue22

Looking at Leeds run in there is only 3 games they could potentially lose or drop points. Leicester H, Coventry A and Southampton H last day. The way they are playing I can see them winning most of them meaning we probably need 100 plus. But hopefully there are some shocks and surprises that prove me wrong. To think we could get 100 points and not go up is just horrendous really any other year you win the league comfortably.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:59 - Feb 18 with 2205 viewsJ2BLUE

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:51 - Feb 18 by SWBlue22

Looking at Leeds run in there is only 3 games they could potentially lose or drop points. Leicester H, Coventry A and Southampton H last day. The way they are playing I can see them winning most of them meaning we probably need 100 plus. But hopefully there are some shocks and surprises that prove me wrong. To think we could get 100 points and not go up is just horrendous really any other year you win the league comfortably.

Tell that to Sheff Wed. They are called shocks for a reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:03 - Feb 18 with 2185 viewstractorboy1978

This is the same Leeds team that drew at Rotherham and lost to Stoke. Anything can happen. Two away derbies at Sheff Wed and Huddersfield won't be formalities for example.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:05 - Feb 18 with 2177 viewsHerbivore

Those aren't the only games where they could drop points.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:14 - Feb 18 with 2127 viewsHerbivore

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 10:47 - Feb 18 by ParisBlue

This makes it very difficult to predict.

Just our luck really. Any other season and we'd be on for the title and needing a drop off to miss out on top 2.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:19 - Feb 18 with 2104 viewsLord_Lucan

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 08:07 - Feb 18 by lazyblue

13, the way Leeds are going.

You have to say, if we are thinking with our head rather than our heart, we are probably third favourite out of three. I would say Leeds are favourites.

This is really based on current form and performances, for whatever reason we are looking a bit less fluent and we are grinding results out. At one point we were scoring for fun from all over the park but as the season has gone on I think teams have more data on us and have nullified us a bit.

Soton and Leeds annoyingly seem to be like a pair of juggernauts at the moment.

Edit; My main hope though is that we repeat last seasons end of season run.
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:21]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:30 - Feb 18 with 2052 viewstractorboy1978

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:19 - Feb 18 by Lord_Lucan

You have to say, if we are thinking with our head rather than our heart, we are probably third favourite out of three. I would say Leeds are favourites.

This is really based on current form and performances, for whatever reason we are looking a bit less fluent and we are grinding results out. At one point we were scoring for fun from all over the park but as the season has gone on I think teams have more data on us and have nullified us a bit.

Soton and Leeds annoyingly seem to be like a pair of juggernauts at the moment.

Edit; My main hope though is that we repeat last seasons end of season run.
[Post edited 18 Feb 11:21]

I actually think it's our defence that is going to be the biggest factor. We've scored goals pretty relentlessly for the last 12 months and we are par with Leeds and Southampton in that regard. You look at our next 7 games and they are all teams you'd back us to score a couple of goals against. If we can keep clean sheets (which is what we were going away from home at the start of the season) I'd back us to win all of those games.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:37 - Feb 18 with 2022 viewsSWBlue22

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:05 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Those aren't the only games where they could drop points.

No you’re right they could drop points in any game but based on current form you would have to fancy them to beat anyone right now. Im sure they will drop points when we don’t really expect them to. The pressure will grow game after game now. Fingers crossed they do and as we have that experience last season albeit against lesser opposition we still know what it takes to get over the line.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:39 - Feb 18 with 2001 viewsflykickingbybgunn

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:30 - Feb 18 by tractorboy1978

I actually think it's our defence that is going to be the biggest factor. We've scored goals pretty relentlessly for the last 12 months and we are par with Leeds and Southampton in that regard. You look at our next 7 games and they are all teams you'd back us to score a couple of goals against. If we can keep clean sheets (which is what we were going away from home at the start of the season) I'd back us to win all of those games.

Just to point out that in the last few days both Leicester and Southampton have lost.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:55 - Feb 18 with 1956 viewsRadioOrwell

For the first time ever, I would go into the play offs quite confident.
I know our record is really bad but it's all a bit different these days.

The other 'Prem' team in the play offs, whoever that is, will be under massive pressure and be deflated from not securing automatic. ( amateur psychology 101 )

I think we would be really really up for it.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 12:01 - Feb 18 with 1921 viewsstonojnr

its going to be around 98-100 I think, just based on how the other teams around us are just not dropping points.

with 14 games left, were almost at the points tally in most normal seasons, youd be guaranteed of 6th.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 12:26 - Feb 18 with 1850 viewsTheBoyBlue

One more than Leeds and Southampton.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 13:57 - Feb 18 with 1675 viewsPhuketPete

My prediction is that whoever finished 2nd will have 100+ points. If we want that to be us we need 11-12 wins and max one loss from remaining 14.

So : One at time as I’m sure KMcK and the team understand very well.. to do that our defence needs to be rock solid. If we go into the Soton game on back of 9 wins it’s all to play for
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 14:02 - Feb 18 with 1653 viewsMK1

10 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats would hopefully see us over the line.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 14:14 - Feb 18 with 1624 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:37 - Feb 18 by SWBlue22

No you’re right they could drop points in any game but based on current form you would have to fancy them to beat anyone right now. Im sure they will drop points when we don’t really expect them to. The pressure will grow game after game now. Fingers crossed they do and as we have that experience last season albeit against lesser opposition we still know what it takes to get over the line.

Winning 8 in a row and conceding one goal must be one of the best mini runs in champ history. If they keep it up they’ll probably somehow win the league.
Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 14:16 - Feb 18 with 1618 viewsbournemouthblue

That would be insane, I can definitely see four sides get 90+ points

It will probably only be 70 points to get 6th as well

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 14:18 - Feb 18 with 1610 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Realistically how many wins to finish second? on 11:14 - Feb 18 by Herbivore

Just our luck really. Any other season and we'd be on for the title and needing a drop off to miss out on top 2.

Yeah, it’s not just the parachute clubs it’s the fact they’d all been established in the PL for at least a few years. Usually can bank on a more poorly run yo-yo type side. Also usually one completely implodes. We’ve got all three up their breaking records. Fun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024