Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... 16:58 - Feb 19 with 3036 viewshoppy

Non-League Day...

It would be great to use the international break to fill up the attendances at local non-league football clubs that could do with the boost that a bumper attendance would give them.

Usually super cheap, and a great day to witness and encourage local non-league football teams...

https://nonleagueday.co.uk

Here's some local to Ipswich... or you can put in your own postcode and find a game near you...

https://nonleagueday.co.uk/map/?address%5B0%5D=Ipswich&post%5B0%5D=locations
[Post edited 19 Feb 16:58]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

No thanks. (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 19 with 2339 viewsBloots

"Vegetable rights and peace" - Neil The Hippy (08/05/84)

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 17:10 - Feb 19 with 2340 viewsjontysnut

A great way to get kids into live football in a cheap, safe, friendly environment while having a pint in the clubhouse and a pie at half time. You that is, not the kids..
No thanks. (n/t) on 17:15 - Feb 19 with 2309 viewsSitfcB

No thanks. (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 19 by Bloots

That’s an outrageous response.

Please keep your thoughts to yourself.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I'd like to go.... on 17:18 - Feb 19 with 2296 viewsBloots

No thanks. (n/t) on 17:15 - Feb 19 by SitfcB

That’s an outrageous response.

Please keep your thoughts to yourself.

....but I can't now, I'm going to watch the women's team at PR.

"Come on you girls!!!"

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 2179 viewshoppy

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 17:10 - Feb 19 by jontysnut

A great way to get kids into live football in a cheap, safe, friendly environment while having a pint in the clubhouse and a pie at half time. You that is, not the kids..

Absolutely. And ITFC themselves promoted Non-League Day last season, listing a number of local non-league games. I can't see them doing it this year, if they're wanting to fill Portman Road for the ITFC Women's team. It's a shame they've done that on the Saturday rather than their usual playing day of Sunday.

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:20 - Feb 20 with 1988 viewshype313

Just saw this post and thought it would add a few waverers...

"Genuinely fallen out of love with (top-flight) football.

Maybe even all "elite" football in general.

It's a combination of Academy clones, playing the same style, the end of 3pm kickoffs, too much footy on TV, VAR, state owned teams etc etc

The rich and greedy have essentially killed the working class game as its a cash cow/business now.

League 1 & League 2 is still interesting as it reminds me of footy when I was a kid, in the sense that teams have different styles and they're closer to the fans (or "customers") than those further up the pyramid.

Honestly, to anyone under 30 football was unreal in the 90s to early 00s, some of the names playing the game then was 🤯🤯 - Sunday you'd watch football Italia on Channel 4, you'd have to stay up to watch MOTD it felt special, a treat, almost.

If you DO miss the excitement of football and you're sick of the stuff I mentioned above, go support your closest team further down the pyramid.

Football isn't dead, it's just moved to lower league BUT...

It WILL die if we don't start supporting these sorts of teams by turning up and putting our hands in our pockets, buying the programs, a burger and a pint.

If you DO have a team locally playing in Vanarama National Leagues or lower go and check them out, take your kids - it's a couple of quid to get in and it's well worth it."

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

No thanks. (n/t) on 13:22 - Feb 20 with 1979 viewstextbackup

No thanks. (n/t) on 17:10 - Feb 19 by Bloots

You hate non league players, why even feel the need to comment. Bigot

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I’m just a terrible person. (n/t) on 13:40 - Feb 20 with 1928 viewsBloots

No thanks. (n/t) on 13:22 - Feb 20 by textbackup

You hate non league players, why even feel the need to comment. Bigot

Login to get fewer ads

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:41 - Feb 20 with 1933 viewsford6600

You mentioned Non League Day on the women's football thread, is their a need to have this thread as you seem to be trying to derail interest in a historic Ipswich Town womens match at Portman Road on 23rd March 2024...You could try to generally push for non league football engagement, which most of us support, but given the clash of dates refrain from targeting 23/3/24 specifically.
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:49 - Feb 20 with 1892 viewshoppy

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:41 - Feb 20 by ford6600

You mentioned Non League Day on the women's football thread, is their a need to have this thread as you seem to be trying to derail interest in a historic Ipswich Town womens match at Portman Road on 23rd March 2024...You could try to generally push for non league football engagement, which most of us support, but given the clash of dates refrain from targeting 23/3/24 specifically.

Non-League Day IS ON the 23/3/24... so that is why I mentioned it on the other thread, as it's a shame and rather disappointing the club have moved the Women's game to the Saturday from the Sunday as it now clashes with it, whereas last season they supported it (see below).

I'm not trying to 'derail interest' - I started this thread after I'd posted it in the women's football thread, as I thought it might get lost in the comments there and it is a big day for local non-league football clubs to get much needed support on an international break - which is what "Non-League Day" is about, which if you read the links I included you'll find out.

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:59 - Feb 20 with 1843 viewsZx1988

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:49 - Feb 20 by hoppy

Non-League Day IS ON the 23/3/24... so that is why I mentioned it on the other thread, as it's a shame and rather disappointing the club have moved the Women's game to the Saturday from the Sunday as it now clashes with it, whereas last season they supported it (see below).

I'm not trying to 'derail interest' - I started this thread after I'd posted it in the women's football thread, as I thought it might get lost in the comments there and it is a big day for local non-league football clubs to get much needed support on an international break - which is what "Non-League Day" is about, which if you read the links I included you'll find out.

It's a very good point.

Whilst the initiative from ITFC is fantastic, it feels like an incredibly rare slight mis-step in scheduling the match to clash with Non-League Day.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

I’m just a terrible person. (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 20 with 1839 viewsBuhrer

I’m just a terrible person. (n/t) on 13:40 - Feb 20 by Bloots

Are you still blubbing about this? Sorry, I know it being pointed out that being unnecessarily, repeatedly negative stings. But honestly, yours and Sitters responses were naff, and beneath real fellas x
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:04 - Feb 20 with 1795 viewsMullet

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:41 - Feb 20 by ford6600

Bang out of order and somewhat at odds with your sentiment towards the women's team too. Perhaps you might want to rethink this post?

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Blimey, Bloots joins the wokerati... on 14:06 - Feb 20 with 1778 viewsWeWereZombies

I'd like to go.... on 17:18 - Feb 19 by Bloots

....but I can't now, I'm going to watch the women's team at PR.

"Come on you girls!!!"

n/t

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:07 - Feb 20 with 1758 viewsford6600

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 13:49 - Feb 20 by hoppy

There are non league matches every weekend, perhaps you should advertise non league matches and support the ITFC womens match equally, given the clash on 23/3/24. Extra supporters turn up at local games and at PR, a win win outcome.
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:13 - Feb 20 with 1705 viewsford6600

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:04 - Feb 20 by Mullet

Bang out of order and somewhat at odds with your sentiment towards the women's team too. Perhaps you might want to rethink this post?

What didn't you understand?
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:15 - Feb 20 with 1699 viewsgiant_stow

if people are stuck, they could do worse than go join the punks and Hippies at Clapton AFC on the 24th. Experience the oldest ground in London - its quite something! One thing though: don't go if 'woke' annoys you!

Personally, I shall be most likely getting another kicking on the aged footy pitch at the hands of East Essex dons. Last match: 11-0, but we did start with 8.5 players and they are the best team in the league.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:16 - Feb 20 with 1684 viewsgiant_stow

I like women's footy, but there's enough to go round surely?
[Post edited 20 Feb 14:17]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:16 - Feb 20 with 1681 viewsMullet

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:13 - Feb 20 by ford6600

Why you felt the need to be so obnoxious and hypocritical mostly. The fact you can't see that and are continuing speaks volumes.

Poll: Which itfc kit do you usually buy
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:17 - Feb 20 with 1662 viewsTractorCam

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:07 - Feb 20 by ford6600

There are non league matches every weekend, perhaps you should advertise non league matches and support the ITFC womens match equally, given the clash on 23/3/24. Extra supporters turn up at local games and at PR, a win win outcome.

Hoppy regularly posts about non league football and his side Ipswich Wanderers, in fact there has been a post pinned for about a month where he was raising funds for the club to have ground upgrades.

I presume the game isn't on the Sunday as the club have weekly stadium tours on those days.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Yeah proper blubbing, I'll probably never stop. (n/t) on 14:20 - Feb 20 with 1630 viewsBloots

I’m just a terrible person. (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 20 by Buhrer

Are you still blubbing about this? Sorry, I know it being pointed out that being unnecessarily, repeatedly negative stings. But honestly, yours and Sitters responses were naff, and beneath real fellas x

Right on sister! Burn your bra! Down with the patriarchy! (n/t) on 14:22 - Feb 20 with 1613 viewsBloots

Blimey, Bloots joins the wokerati... on 14:06 - Feb 20 by WeWereZombies

n/t

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:25 - Feb 20 with 1567 viewsford6600

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:16 - Feb 20 by Mullet

Why you felt the need to be so obnoxious and hypocritical mostly. The fact you can't see that and are continuing speaks volumes.

What's 'obnoxious ' and 'hypocritical ' about supporting both, local football and womens football? Why the club changed the date to Saturday is for them to answer.
Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:32 - Feb 20 with 1532 viewsTractorCam

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:25 - Feb 20 by ford6600

What's 'obnoxious ' and 'hypocritical ' about supporting both, local football and womens football? Why the club changed the date to Saturday is for them to answer.

I answered it, they do stadium tours on the Sunday, all of which are sold out for the whole season so no room for rearrangements.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:47 - Feb 20 with 1494 viewshoppy

Good suggestions for watching football on 23rd March 2024... on 14:13 - Feb 20 by ford6600

What didn't YOU understand?

I'm involved as a volunteer at a local non-league side, Ipswich Wanderers. Non-League Day has been established for a number of years now, specifically on an international weekend, to try and encourage people to go out and support such clubs that could really do with the larger crowds on that day.

I know, from an Ipswich Wanderers perspective, how tough it is to run a club at that level, so the larger crowds are a MASSIVE help, more through the gate, more purchases from the kitchen and the bar etc etc.. every little bit helps. (which is also why I did the 16 mile sponsored walk from Ipswich Wanderers to Stowmarket Town before the game on Saturday to raise some additional funds for the cost of the ground grading requirements we've got to complete).

The success of ITFC men's team in the Championship is fantastic, and the season so far has gone beyond our wildest dreams. As a season ticket holder of a number of years, ITFC has always been my club so I am loving it. The downside of that success is that even when Town are playing away from home, people are watching the games on TownTV, or by other means, and attendances have been down in the non-league scene as a result, which adds to how tough it is to keep going.

You said on the other thread that you'd "Mentioned watching them in the past but playing out at Felixstowe put us off." and "Didn't realise the womens team were down in 3rd division" ... and "Lets support them, they afterall represent us all - they to are IPSWICH TOWN." (obviously apart from if you have to go all the way to Felixstowe to do so...!!) - so moaning about someone involved in a local non league club making a post about supporting non-league clubs on Non League Day when you've clearly not been that bothered about supporting the women's team up until this point does seem a bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024