Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Al Hamadi 19:25 - Feb 29 with 2952 viewsquad

I would love for us to start with Moore and Al Hamadi both up front. With Hutchinson and Sarmiento ideally (with Harness, Taylor and Jackson on the bench).

Genuine question, is it possible to tweak the system we play to accommodate Moore and Al Hamadi both into the starting line up? Or would it just not work? For me, I would love it if McKenna started Al Hamadi, but he's obviously not going to do it at Moore's expense and nor should he, so is it feasible or just unworkable?

Discuss.
[Post edited 29 Feb 19:26]
But why? (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 29 with 2887 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

But why? (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 29 with 2890 viewsquad

But why? (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 29 by Bloots

Why what?
Al Hamadi on 19:58 - Feb 29 with 2800 viewsYallop2

Just won four on the bounce mate. Let's not overcomplicate
Sigh, why would you "love".... on 20:00 - Feb 29 with 2790 viewsBloots

But why? (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 29 by quad

Why what?

....us to change formation when we are joint second in the league having just won 4 in a row.

All by playing one CF.

Why?

But why? (n/t) on 20:59 - Feb 29 with 2676 viewsCheltenham_Blue

But why? (n/t) on 19:32 - Feb 29 by quad

Why what?

Why are you ordering people to "Discuss", when the only discussion is 'No'

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Al Hamadi on 21:05 - Feb 29 with 2658 viewsBuhrer

Madness and not happening. Lets hope Moore plays as many minutes as necessary for us to be ahead and expect to get to enjoy Ali late in the game.

But is "quad" really Moore, Al Hamadi, Hutchinson & Sarmiento?

Discuss.
Al Hamadi on 21:11 - Feb 29 with 2634 viewsKeno

Only if Ali H plays as a number 10 behind Moore

but we have

Chappers (if fit)
Harness
Hutch
The magician
Taylor (if Fit)

McK is more likely keep Ali H on the bench to come on as impact replacement for Moore

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Al Hamadi on 21:33 - Feb 29 with 2574 viewsBlueForYou

I’d quite like to see that too, but at present with the way McKenna sets the team, it’ll only happen if we were two nil down & he had to try something different. We do need to see Hamadi get a start or two or he’ll lose any sharpness he brought with him. Very much worth discussion!
Login to get fewer ads

Al Hamadi on 21:43 - Feb 29 with 2534 viewsAVJones

People can be so rude on here. It’s a perfectly fair topic - essentially, can we fit in our new signing at some stage?

Well, I get why you’d like to see him in the team. He seems a strong, exciting player. A real crowd pleaser.

Can’t see it currently in the way we set up, but who knows with the injuries we have and also we may look to do things differently against specific opposition.

Be fascinating to see what he offers if and when he gets a start!
But why? (n/t) on 22:07 - Feb 29 with 2457 viewsquad

But why? (n/t) on 20:59 - Feb 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Why are you ordering people to "Discuss", when the only discussion is 'No'

I wasn't ordering anything. I thought it was a topic worthy of discussion as I would quite like to see Al Hamadi play more minutes and wondered what others thought. It is a forum after all.

Who are you to say the only discussion is no? If you don't want to discuss then just ignore, others may have a different opinion to you.
Sigh, why would you "love".... on 22:11 - Feb 29 with 2433 viewsquad

Sigh, why would you "love".... on 20:00 - Feb 29 by Bloots

....us to change formation when we are joint second in the league having just won 4 in a row.

All by playing one CF.

Why?

Because we've got Burns and Broadhead out with injury (potentially Chaplin too), so I thought it might be worth consideration. I wasn't saying it's definitely what I want to happen, just that it might be worth thinking about.

You obviously think it's a bad idea which is fine. You're probably right. I was just throwing it out there.
If Chaplin can't play then.... on 22:15 - Feb 29 with 2392 viewsBloots

Sigh, why would you "love".... on 22:11 - Feb 29 by quad

Because we've got Burns and Broadhead out with injury (potentially Chaplin too), so I thought it might be worth consideration. I wasn't saying it's definitely what I want to happen, just that it might be worth thinking about.

You obviously think it's a bad idea which is fine. You're probably right. I was just throwing it out there.

...there's the potential that AAH could play as a 10, but with more experienced players available for that position I wouldn't expect it to happen.

But I can't see us just changing formation to squeeze in an unproven (albeit promising) player.

Saying that, if we're losing with 15 mins left then you'll probably get your wish!

Al Hamadi on 22:48 - Feb 29 with 2305 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

I think it is a very fair comment.

Let's be honest. Broadhead is hardly an out and out winger and whilst his profile Is different to AAH, it is a role he has played before. He did so at Wimbledon, played just off a target man striker and had the pace to run in behind off flick ons. The ability to bring a ball down and drive forward (which Broadhead loves to do so much. I would also trust him if asked to be a big contributor defensively, he certainly has the physical traits to do so.

I dont think he will do it. But it certainly is something he could do if he wanted. Not a two up front but just put AAH as the inside forward. Straight swap for Broady.
[Post edited 29 Feb 22:49]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Al Hamadi on 00:20 - Mar 1 with 2180 viewsjayessess

We've had both on the pitch at the same time before (against Preston and West Brom), so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

But, I can't see that we'd start that way, because basically all our attacking patterns of play work around two non-striker forwards (usually Broadhead and Chaplin) dropping into the pockets between the opposition's defence and midfield to pick up the ball in space - a role that neither Moore nor Al-Hamadi can really do.

One thing that does sort of intrigue me is where the enthusiasm for two strikers comes from? Feels like my entire Ipswich-supporting life there's been this undercurrent that we need to be playing 4-4-2 but I'm not sure where it comes from?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Al Hamadi on 08:04 - Mar 1 with 1926 viewsEuropablue

It certainly was exciting to see them playing together against Preston. It felt like they could make a decent partnership. It would be exciting to see them start together. I just don't think KM will do it because it is a bit risky to start with such attacking intent and you lose an option off the bench as a replacement for Moore. Like most have said, you'd have to imagine we only see them on the pitch together when we are behind or searching for a winner or if Al Hamadi can play as a no 10.
Al Hamadi on 08:09 - Mar 1 with 1912 viewsEuropablue

Al Hamadi on 00:20 - Mar 1 by jayessess

We've had both on the pitch at the same time before (against Preston and West Brom), so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

But, I can't see that we'd start that way, because basically all our attacking patterns of play work around two non-striker forwards (usually Broadhead and Chaplin) dropping into the pockets between the opposition's defence and midfield to pick up the ball in space - a role that neither Moore nor Al-Hamadi can really do.

One thing that does sort of intrigue me is where the enthusiasm for two strikers comes from? Feels like my entire Ipswich-supporting life there's been this undercurrent that we need to be playing 4-4-2 but I'm not sure where it comes from?

4-4-2 is my favourite formation. I'm not saying that it's the most effective (clearly most elite managers think it is not).
Bent and Kuqi is a good example of a great strike partnership. There is something exciting about that. There are a lot of teams in which the one up top is not primarily there to score, but is there to provided knock downs and create space behind for others to score.
It's funny how we talk about a number 10, because that used to just mean the guy on the left of the front two, there wasn't really an explicit distinction between the roles.
Al Hamadi on 08:24 - Mar 1 with 1866 viewsNthQldITFC

You'd not want to do anything with the defence, double pivot, Davis or Burns as far as I'm concerned, but you could maybe play Al-Hamadi in place of Chaplin but a little more advanced and have Broadhead a little narrower (almost central). Moore or Al-Hamadi would still have to drop deep and centre and right like Chaplin does at times, but could maybe share that role a bit.

That's the only way I could see us doing it, BUT I wouldn't do it personally, because Chaplin brings so much guile in his ability to find excellent unmarked positions off the back of the way that Moore/Broadhead/Burns drag the defence around. We don't need to change anything

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Al Hamadi on 08:29 - Mar 1 with 1847 viewsNthQldITFC

Al Hamadi on 08:09 - Mar 1 by Europablue

4-4-2 is my favourite formation. I'm not saying that it's the most effective (clearly most elite managers think it is not).
Bent and Kuqi is a good example of a great strike partnership. There is something exciting about that. There are a lot of teams in which the one up top is not primarily there to score, but is there to provided knock downs and create space behind for others to score.
It's funny how we talk about a number 10, because that used to just mean the guy on the left of the front two, there wasn't really an explicit distinction between the roles.

The Supermarine Spitfire is my favourite fighter aircraft, but I don't think I'd play it against the Russians if they were playing MiG-31.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Al Hamadi on 10:46 - Mar 1 with 1670 viewsJrm_72

How many times has a new thread of this nature pop up, like 6 now?

Stop trying to make fetch happen, it's not going to happen...
Al Hamadi on 11:07 - Mar 1 with 1623 viewsHerbivore

I can't see it happening as it'd mean changing how we play (which has been very successful) and would leave us short of attacking options on the bench. We've got some busy spells to come, not least this week coming with two long away trips and a home game against a tricky Brizzle side. I suspect Al-Hamadi will get a good amount of minutes between now and May, he might even get a start if Moore needs a rest, but I doubt we'll go with two up top unless we're chasing the game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Al Hamadi on 03:44 - Mar 2 with 1352 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Doubt we will start changing formation at this point. I'd like to see him play, but he's unlikely to start in front of Moore.
Al Hamadi on 08:43 - Mar 2 with 1204 viewsbazza

He looks a real quality buy when he comes on, looks sharp, right attitude/mentality, just not enough minutes yet to see full potential ..but only being kept off by kieffer Moore, to Think some people thought we had a poor window 😂
Cor on 08:57 - Mar 2 with 1180 viewsDyland

Al Hamadi on 08:29 - Mar 1 by NthQldITFC

The Supermarine Spitfire is my favourite fighter aircraft, but I don't think I'd play it against the Russians if they were playing MiG-31.

My favourite military aircraft was always the Lockheed SR-71. It wouldn't matter what the enemy were in, I'd be too high up and going too quickly for anyone to trouble me. I'd not be much help to people on the ground but never mind.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Al Hamadi on 10:12 - Mar 2 with 1101 viewsMK1

Don't fix what ain't broken.
Al Hamadi on 14:08 - Mar 2 with 984 viewsJ2BLUE

It would be a great experiment if we had the game won but I think we will wrap Moore up in cotton wool at that point.

I could see us starting with Harness Chaplin Hutchinson so we can then replace them with Sarmiento Taylor/Aluko Jackson.

Would be great to see more of Al Hamadi though as he has shown a lot of promise in his early appearances.

Edit: Lost track of time and didn't realise the team was already out!
[Post edited 2 Mar 14:14]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024