Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser 14:37 - Mar 9 with 3178 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Our reaction to it. We absolute crumbled when they equalised. And to then let them score a winner. Piss poor

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:38 - Mar 9 with 2585 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

No, we didn't crumble, we just look knackered. This team never crumbles.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:41 - Mar 9 with 2485 viewsblueasfook

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:38 - Mar 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

So what do you call throwing away a 1-0 lead in extra time then? A glitch? An oversight?

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:43 - Mar 9 with 2459 viewsstrikalite

We created very little today...
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:59 - Mar 9 with 2396 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:38 - Mar 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Just watch back how we were between 1-1 and 2-1. Honestly don’t think we put 3 passes together.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:03 - Mar 9 with 2358 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We invited them to have a go at us and the central backs didn't do their jobs properly.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:10 - Mar 9 with 2281 viewsITFCSG

I have no idea why we invited the press once we scored. Usually we look to push on. Big mistake - we have to attack for 90 mins or more, once the opposition dominates the ball scenarios like today will happen. Its clear to everyone we don't have the strongest defence, so attack is the only way to go.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:17 - Mar 9 with 2237 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:59 - Mar 9 by The_Romford_Blue

Just watch back how we were between 1-1 and 2-1. Honestly don’t think we put 3 passes together.

I stand by my comment.

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:22 - Mar 9 with 2200 viewsbaxterbasics

We concede one or two like that every game. Usually early enough so there is time left for a comeback.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Login to get fewer ads

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:30 - Mar 9 with 2145 viewsITFCSG

So according to your logic why isn't Leeds, who played more matches than us in a shorter space of time over the past 2 weeks, showing the same signs of being "knackered"? Can you imagine Rodon and Ampadu letting in soft goals like what Woolfy and Burgess did just now, or against Bristol on Tues?
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:37 - Mar 9 with 2108 viewsstonojnr

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:30 - Mar 9 by ITFCSG

So according to your logic why isn't Leeds, who played more matches than us in a shorter space of time over the past 2 weeks, showing the same signs of being "knackered"? Can you imagine Rodon and Ampadu letting in soft goals like what Woolfy and Burgess did just now, or against Bristol on Tues?

Because they were in the Premier league last year and we were in League 1 ?

I remember a stat McKenna mentioned start of the season, the ball is in play for 10% more match time in Championship v L1, I assume its same between Premier League and Championship.

It means players need more core match fitness to last 90mins, over a season that gap or step up starts to tell, which is probably why our players are reaching their fitness limits and suffering more muscle injuries at this stage of the season and we don't start games as quickly as we did back in August
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:42 - Mar 9 with 2081 viewsnshearman1

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:10 - Mar 9 by ITFCSG

I have no idea why we invited the press once we scored. Usually we look to push on. Big mistake - we have to attack for 90 mins or more, once the opposition dominates the ball scenarios like today will happen. Its clear to everyone we don't have the strongest defence, so attack is the only way to go.

I think it would have been better to bring Travis on rather than Taylor but s**t happens
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:46 - Mar 9 with 2057 viewspointofblue

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:42 - Mar 9 by nshearman1

I think it would have been better to bring Travis on rather than Taylor but s**t happens

We were going for the win. It almost paid off. At 1-0, if we were going to sit back, Travis possibly should have come on for one of the front subs. But that's easy to say in hindsight.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:52 - Mar 9 with 2002 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:30 - Mar 9 by ITFCSG

Because they have a bigger squad?
Because we're prevented from spending by FFP whilst they have parachute money?
Because they haven't travelled as far as us?
Because they didn't have the draining (physically and emotionally) game that we had on Tuesday?

WTF has Leeds got to do with our fitness anyway? Maybe we work harder than them generally.

Bonkers logic.
[Post edited 9 Mar 15:52]

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 16:21 - Mar 9 with 1869 viewslazyblue

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:42 - Mar 9 by nshearman1

That’s a fair shout , Travis would have helped see game out .
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 16:35 - Mar 9 with 1803 viewsITFCSG

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:52 - Mar 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

Because they have a bigger squad?
Because we're prevented from spending by FFP whilst they have parachute money?
Because they haven't travelled as far as us?
Because they didn't have the draining (physically and emotionally) game that we had on Tuesday?

WTF has Leeds got to do with our fitness anyway? Maybe we work harder than them generally.

Bonkers logic.
[Post edited 9 Mar 15:52]

Because they have a bigger squad? ➵ No. We have 28 players, Leeds have 26. They don't rotate much of the starting XI anyway, especially at the back
Because we're prevented from spending by FFP whilst they have parachute money? ➵ Fair point on parachute payment but who have they signed? Only one loan player Roberts in Jan compared with 4 for us.
Because they haven't travelled as far as us? ➵ Maybe, but I don't think the marginal difference in travel distance drastically affects the way the game is being played or the stamina of the players in a match
Because they didn't have the draining (physically and emotionally) game that we had on Tuesday? ➵ We invited that on ourselves due to shocking defending and once again.

WTF has Leeds got to do with our fitness anyway? Maybe we work harder than them generally. ➵ It just goes to show that our promotion rivals either have 1. fitter teams 2. better game management and perhaps a bit more luck. I don't seem them looking, as in your words, "knackered". We can't be playing kamikaze football every week. It may be exciting for the neutral but sometimes, like today, it will come back and bite.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:28 - Mar 9 with 1689 viewsnshearman1

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 15:46 - Mar 9 by pointofblue

We were going for the win. It almost paid off. At 1-0, if we were going to sit back, Travis possibly should have come on for one of the front subs. But that's easy to say in hindsight.

I agree that it’s crazy to say in hindsight! But Kieran himself has pointed out that we lose a key defensive player of set plays when we take Moore off (something that’s sometimes overlooked) and clearly he was knackered. And Travis has presumably been brought in for his solid defensive capabilities. So by all means put attacking players on as subs but Travis as one of 4 subs (could have been 5) might have been a tad sensible before the 90-minute mark and may be important in other games.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:33 - Mar 9 with 1659 viewsnshearman1

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:28 - Mar 9 by nshearman1

I agree that it’s crazy to say in hindsight! But Kieran himself has pointed out that we lose a key defensive player of set plays when we take Moore off (something that’s sometimes overlooked) and clearly he was knackered. And Travis has presumably been brought in for his solid defensive capabilities. So by all means put attacking players on as subs but Travis as one of 4 subs (could have been 5) might have been a tad sensible before the 90-minute mark and may be important in other games.

Sorry, to clarify, he made 5 subs. I just think it would have been better to put Travis in, maybe rather than Taylor who did little, or directly for Moore on 89’.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:38 - Mar 9 with 1644 viewstextbackup

If being 1-0 on 94 mins and losing 2-1 isnt the definition ‘crumbling’ I don’t know what is.

Cardiff didn’t even play well in that final 4/6mins, we fell apart and gave that away.
[Post edited 9 Mar 18:02]

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:45 - Mar 9 with 1604 viewsITFCSG

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 17:38 - Mar 9 by textbackup

If being 1-0 on 94 mins and losing 2-1 isnt the definition ‘crumbling’ I don’t know what is.

Cardiff didn’t even play well in that final 4/6mins, we fell apart and gave that away.
[Post edited 9 Mar 18:02]

It was shades of the 4-4 at Charlton again, except that this time we didn't even get a point!
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:17 - Mar 9 with 1525 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 16:35 - Mar 9 by ITFCSG

Because they have a bigger squad? ➵ No. We have 28 players, Leeds have 26. They don't rotate much of the starting XI anyway, especially at the back
Because we're prevented from spending by FFP whilst they have parachute money? ➵ Fair point on parachute payment but who have they signed? Only one loan player Roberts in Jan compared with 4 for us.
Because they haven't travelled as far as us? ➵ Maybe, but I don't think the marginal difference in travel distance drastically affects the way the game is being played or the stamina of the players in a match
Because they didn't have the draining (physically and emotionally) game that we had on Tuesday? ➵ We invited that on ourselves due to shocking defending and once again.

WTF has Leeds got to do with our fitness anyway? Maybe we work harder than them generally. ➵ It just goes to show that our promotion rivals either have 1. fitter teams 2. better game management and perhaps a bit more luck. I don't seem them looking, as in your words, "knackered". We can't be playing kamikaze football every week. It may be exciting for the neutral but sometimes, like today, it will come back and bite.

I don't care what you see, I'm not the only one to say it. Including the Town TV commentators and summarisers.

I think the main reasons are the draining game Tuesday and the recent travelling - to Plymouth and Cardiff. You think it makes no difference, me - and every professional footballer and manager ever - thinks it does take its toll.

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:38 - Mar 9 with 1481 viewstextbackup

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:17 - Mar 9 by The_Flashing_Smile

I don't care what you see, I'm not the only one to say it. Including the Town TV commentators and summarisers.

I think the main reasons are the draining game Tuesday and the recent travelling - to Plymouth and Cardiff. You think it makes no difference, me - and every professional footballer and manager ever - thinks it does take its toll.

They fly to these longer games… you get that, right?

So let’s say an hour to Cambridge, an hour flight, 30mins to hotel… I’m not sure it’s the 3days hike for each you are making it out to be

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:40 - Mar 9 with 1459 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:38 - Mar 9 by textbackup

They fly to these longer games… you get that, right?

So let’s say an hour to Cambridge, an hour flight, 30mins to hotel… I’m not sure it’s the 3days hike for each you are making it out to be

Why can’t he just admit we feel apart for ten minutes, the entire country saw it. It doesn’t take anything away from the season we are having.
Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:42 - Mar 9 with 1447 viewstextbackup

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:40 - Mar 9 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Why can’t he just admit we feel apart for ten minutes, the entire country saw it. It doesn’t take anything away from the season we are having.

😂😂😂 he’s worried McKenna will read this and take away his season ticket.

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:50 - Mar 9 with 1403 viewsGlasgowBlue

I just think we looked exhausted. Second best to every ball. Tired clearances that went straight to a Cardiff player. Defenders getting in each other's way.

Hardly surprising. We are basically the same team that played in League One last season yet have spent over three quarters of this season above two of the Premier League parachute teams and within touching distance of the other.

We are playing Tuesday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday and in some of those games are having to go above and beyond to win games ate into stoppage time. It's going to catch up with us like it did today.

But those six wins on the bounce make a defeat far easier to take. We will bounce back again next week, as we have done after every rare defeat this season.

Far from piss poor Rommers.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 18:52 - Mar 9 with 1389 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Far worse than conceding the late equaliser on 14:59 - Mar 9 by The_Romford_Blue

They looked knackered.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024