Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've not really seen anyone mention this 16:40 - Mar 9 with 1788 viewsSimonds92

But these stupid kick off times and having to travel 250 miles for 12.30 KOs to accomodate Sky has to be having an impact on our players' performance. Throughout that dodgy run, we didnt have a 3pm ko at home for weeks. It makes a very difficult task a lot harder imo. For something like today, 5.30 would have been much more appropriate and the same can be said of the game at Elland Road.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:39 - Mar 9 with 1638 viewsEastTownBlue

It certainly appears that Mr McKenna isn’t a fan of the 12:30 kick offs either.

It must be pointed out that one of those matches was an FA Cup tie against sixth tier Maidstone.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:40 - Mar 9 with 1633 viewsstrikalite

There should be some ruling in that Sky can only show a 12.30 game between Clubs where the distance falls within say 150 miles.

I'll just add, for the fans this is..
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:48]
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:44 - Mar 9 with 1606 viewsStewart27

You do know they don’t travel the day of the game don’t you?

The hotels are within reach of the ground. Therefore I’d say there’s an argument that they get home at a sensible time post match to recover for the next game.

Don’t really want to get into the kick off time excuses.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:48 - Mar 9 with 1586 viewstextbackup

Probably flew there.
Stay in a top quality hotel.

They aren’t leaving at 5am in a mini bus drinking tins en route.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:52 - Mar 9 with 1543 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:48 - Mar 9 by textbackup

Probably flew there.

"They aren’t leaving at 5am in a mini bus drinking tins en route."

Not any more, anyway.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:52]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 18:26 - Mar 9 with 1455 viewsmutters

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 17:52 - Mar 9 by Cheltenham_Blue

"They aren’t leaving at 5am in a mini bus drinking tins en route."

Not any more, anyway.
[Post edited 9 Mar 17:52]

Aaahhhhh those were the days.....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 18:29 - Mar 9 with 1438 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Probably flew there.

They fly from Cambridge it’s just an hour in the air, if that.
[Post edited 9 Mar 18:31]
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 18:43 - Mar 9 with 1383 viewscarlisleaway

Horrible time to KO, look at our past records when kicking off at 12.30
Login to get fewer ads

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 19:14 - Mar 9 with 1294 viewsibbleobble

Boycott Sky.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 19:22 - Mar 9 with 1257 viewsSwansea_Blue

I hate them. I’m not a fan of being on Sky either. I don’t know what our record is, although it feels like we often play worst when we’re on Sky.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 1173 viewsblueislander

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 19:22 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

I hate them. I’m not a fan of being on Sky either. I don’t know what our record is, although it feels like we often play worst when we’re on Sky.

That used to be the case, but in the McKenna era less so. Having said that 3 of our 5 losses this season have been on Sky.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 20:23 - Mar 9 with 1163 viewsHighgateBlue

I would have all games at 3pm on a Saturday, but I really don't think we can blame our failure to keep all three points (let alone our failure to keep one for the draw) on Sky or the kick off time.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 20:31 - Mar 9 with 1139 viewsTrumptonBlue

Probably flew there.

Maybe they should try that next time.
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 22:40 - Mar 9 with 1005 viewsSimonds92

Probably flew there.

I get that, but do you genuinely not think it has any impact on the players' performance / the result?
I've not really seen anyone mention this on 22:43 - Mar 9 with 988 viewsquirkie

Get used to it, the times next season when we are in the Premier League and being in a Live game every other week will be insane. Then the season after when we are in Europe too, heck.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 06:50 - Mar 10 with 810 viewstextbackup

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 22:40 - Mar 9 by Simonds92

I get that, but do you genuinely not think it has any impact on the players' performance / the result?

The professionally run football club that we are should have absolutely no issue with kicking off at 1230, and if they do we might as well all stick £50 on ncfc to win if that’s the case.

The players will have the required rest, necessary foods, and take on correct fluids pre match. Just as they would a 1500 or a 1945 KO.

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 07:27 - Mar 10 with 759 viewsElephantintheRoom

Lunchtime kick-offs at the weekend are not exactly convenient for most home supporters either.

But nobody cares - follow the money

In terms of playing I suspect the away team want to get the match done and dusted asap - and get home a bit earlier. 1230 kick off might even favour the away team as there is less hanging around in unfamiliar places, less time to lose money at cards etc.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 08:48 - Mar 10 with 690 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 06:50 - Mar 10 by textbackup

The professionally run football club that we are should have absolutely no issue with kicking off at 1230, and if they do we might as well all stick £50 on ncfc to win if that’s the case.

The players will have the required rest, necessary foods, and take on correct fluids pre match. Just as they would a 1500 or a 1945 KO.

They don't have the same pre-match meal as it's too early - as said by Ian Westlake on the TownTV co-comms.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 08:55 - Mar 10 with 672 viewstextbackup

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 08:48 - Mar 10 by The_Flashing_Smile

They don't have the same pre-match meal as it's too early - as said by Ian Westlake on the TownTV co-comms.

(I said necessary foods) It’ll still contain the same nutrients required. They aren’t going to swap a pasta salad for a full fry up are they
[Post edited 10 Mar 9:17]

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 10:44 - Mar 10 with 565 viewsSimonds92

I've not really seen anyone mention this on 06:50 - Mar 10 by textbackup

Yes we are well run and we will put as many things in place as possible to negate the impact. But if it wasn't a problem why do so many managers consistently complain about the 12.30 KOs on a Saturday? Regardless of the result they are never best pleased with it. The games always seem scrappier, you never see a top quality game as an early kick-off and they're usually a lot tighter than you would expect.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024