Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? 12:52 - Mar 21 with 2286 viewsIllinoisblue

Yes they’ve got a fixture pile-up - 8 games in April - and yes they need to win their games in hand. And yes they have us, Leicester and Leeds to play…. But that could work in their favour. Would not surprise me if with four games left we’ll have a four-horse race. Which hopefully ends with two of said horses eating themselves on the final day and letting in the Suffolk Punch. COYB.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:02 - Mar 21 with 2202 viewsJ2BLUE

There's no way they are out of it as of right now. 10 games to go and they have proven they can put an unbelievable run together. It's strange seeing Town fans ignoring them when they could go above us if they win their games in hand and beat us.

Edited from 12 games to go. I have it stuck in my head that we have 10 and they have 2 games in hand.
[Post edited 21 Mar 14:19]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:07 - Mar 21 with 2155 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:02 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

There's no way they are out of it as of right now. 10 games to go and they have proven they can put an unbelievable run together. It's strange seeing Town fans ignoring them when they could go above us if they win their games in hand and beat us.

Edited from 12 games to go. I have it stuck in my head that we have 10 and they have 2 games in hand.

You need to use my positive affirmations thread!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:09 - Mar 21 with 2136 viewsHerbivore

They aren't out of it but I have a feeling they will be before the final game, which may not be helpful for us. They are 14th in the current form table and two of their wins required late comebacks against sides battling relegation (one of whom were reduced to 10 men for most of the second half). They don't look strong enough to put together the sort of run they'd need to in order to go up automatically. They probably need to win at least 8 of their last 10 games to be in with a chance and looking at their remaining fixtures, that looks a very big ask.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:10 - Mar 21 with 2130 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:07 - Mar 21 by BanksterDebtSlave

You need to use my positive affirmations thread!

Not really. It's basic maths.

I have full confidence in this squad and management team to give it everything and get it over the line.

Truly impaired.

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:12 - Mar 21 with 2121 views_clive_baker_

Certainly not out of it.

10 games left, if they win them all they're mathematically guaranteed top 3, and all but guaranteed top 2. Leeds would need an otherwise 100% record in the run in just to match them.

Not to say they'll win 10 on the bounce, I dare say they won't, but from their perspective its as close to being 'in your own hands' without it mathematically being so. As you say, if you need to close a points gap on teams in ridiculous form, having play them isn't such a bad thing if you want to be masters of your own destiny.
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:15 - Mar 21 with 2049 viewsHerbivore

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:10 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Not really. It's basic maths.

I have full confidence in this squad and management team to give it everything and get it over the line.

Your basic maths has given them two extra games to play.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:17 - Mar 21 with 2012 viewsSitfcB

Not ruled them out at all yet, can’t with them having 2 games in hand.

This extended break for them will work one way or the other and that’s a lot of games in a short space of time, I know they have a good starting 11 but not sure they have the ‘squad’?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:18 - Mar 21 with 1999 viewsjayessess

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:02 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

I tend to ignore them because with them being below us it's hard to envisage a realistic scenario where Southampton overtake us where we aren't also way off Leeds and Leicester.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:52 - Mar 21 with 1756 viewsIllinoisblue

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:12 - Mar 21 by _clive_baker_

Certainly not out of it.

10 games left, if they win them all they're mathematically guaranteed top 3, and all but guaranteed top 2. Leeds would need an otherwise 100% record in the run in just to match them.

Not to say they'll win 10 on the bounce, I dare say they won't, but from their perspective its as close to being 'in your own hands' without it mathematically being so. As you say, if you need to close a points gap on teams in ridiculous form, having play them isn't such a bad thing if you want to be masters of your own destiny.

Us getting a result against them could be pivotal. But let’s do Blackburn first. Mr Smozdics seems certain to score, doesn’t he?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:52 - Mar 21 with 1752 viewsSuperblue95

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:18 - Mar 21 by jayessess

I tend to ignore them because with them being below us it's hard to envisage a realistic scenario where Southampton overtake us where we aren't also way off Leeds and Leicester.

Agreed. They’re like Barnsley last season, no point worrying about them too much as if they overtake us then we already haven’t done enough for top two.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:53 - Mar 21 with 1749 viewsITFC_Forever

At the moment at least, it is certainly a four-way fight.... those who wanted Leicester to beat Leeds a few weeks ago to remove Leicester from the equation have been proved wrong, and it is now the 2 from 4, not 1 from 3 shoot-out.

So many questions, with 8 games to go (10 for Saints)....
- Will Leeds have a wobble? They have won 12 out of 13, so if that becomes 20 out of 21, that's insane. We thought 13 from 15 last season was unheard of....

- Will Leicester recover from their recent set-backs? Or has their (relatively) poor run undermined their confidence?

- Will we continue to defy logic by competing with the financially doped parachute clubs?

- Will Southampton overcome the fixture pile-up that's coming their way?

It feels like 100 points could be required for second, which is crazy - and will mean we need 19 points - six wins and a draw from the remaining eight games.
Which means we need to win all four of the ones you would think we should - Blackburn, 'Boro, Watford & Hudds, as well as at least two of Soton, Norwich, Cov and Hull.

And to think that in any normal season, the finishing line would almost be in sight - in 1992, when we reached our current level of 81 points (the draw at Oxford), we were promoted... we then beat Brighton to finish on 84.
[Post edited 21 Mar 14:01]

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 1737 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:15 - Mar 21 by Herbivore

Your basic maths has given them two extra games to play.

Well you have absolutely merked me there haven't you. Well played.

Truly impaired.

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:07 - Mar 21 with 1592 views_clive_baker_

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:53 - Mar 21 by ITFC_Forever

At the moment at least, it is certainly a four-way fight.... those who wanted Leicester to beat Leeds a few weeks ago to remove Leicester from the equation have been proved wrong, and it is now the 2 from 4, not 1 from 3 shoot-out.

- Will Leeds have a wobble? They have won 12 out of 13, so if that becomes 20 out of 21, that's insane. We thought 13 from 15 last season was unheard of....

- Will Leicester recover from their recent set-backs? Or has their (relatively) poor run undermined their confidence?

- Will we continue to defy logic by competing with the financially doped parachute clubs?

It feels like 100 points could be required for second, which is crazy - and will mean we need 19 points - six wins and a draw from the remaining eight games.
Which means we need to win all four of the ones you would think we should - Blackburn, 'Boro, Watford & Hudds, as well as at least two of Soton, Norwich, Cov and Hull.

And to think that in any normal season, the finishing line would almost be in sight - in 1992, when we reached our current level of 81 points (the draw at Oxford), we were promoted... we then beat Brighton to finish on 84.

Not sure it's wrong. Had they done so we would be sat in 2nd, 2 points clear of 3rd and having played the same amount of games. Might also have dented Leeds confidence in what is a ridiculous run of form for them.

Appreciate there's merit in brining Leicester back into the equation, but they're still above us, with a game in hand and significantly better GD. As it is now its out of our own hands.

Ultimately its all pretty pointless speculating (although natural and interesting to a degree). Just got to keep winning. 7 from the previous 8 is excellent, the same again from the last 8 would see us to 102 points and very likely top 2. Oh and smash Norwich 5-0 on their own patch.

Blackburn first though, big 3 points next weekend please.
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:08 - Mar 21 with 1583 views_clive_baker_

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:52 - Mar 21 by Illinoisblue

Us getting a result against them could be pivotal. But let’s do Blackburn first. Mr Smozdics seems certain to score, doesn’t he?

He does seem to enjoy playing against us (and many others this season). As far as I'm concerned he can score 1 for all I care, as long as we score 1 more than them.
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:11 - Mar 21 with 1562 viewsMattinLondon

They are certainly not out of it - there’s a lot of football left to play and each teams mental strength will be pivotal. Last season, towards the end of the season, Leicester were quite pathetic in their displays. Maybe, when things get tastier they will go missing as it’s Ali most the same team as last season.
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:20 - Mar 21 with 1461 viewsITFC_Forever

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:07 - Mar 21 by _clive_baker_

Not sure it's wrong. Had they done so we would be sat in 2nd, 2 points clear of 3rd and having played the same amount of games. Might also have dented Leeds confidence in what is a ridiculous run of form for them.

Appreciate there's merit in brining Leicester back into the equation, but they're still above us, with a game in hand and significantly better GD. As it is now its out of our own hands.

Ultimately its all pretty pointless speculating (although natural and interesting to a degree). Just got to keep winning. 7 from the previous 8 is excellent, the same again from the last 8 would see us to 102 points and very likely top 2. Oh and smash Norwich 5-0 on their own patch.

Blackburn first though, big 3 points next weekend please.

To be fair, I hadn't looked it the other to see how the table would look had Leeds not won their home game v Leicester... but while we would have been second, we would have been more likely to be fighting with two clubs for one spot - if one of them hits / continues an insane run of form, there's no safety net.

Whereas when we're one of four chasing two spots, we can afford for one to take another 20 points and still have a chance.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:26 - Mar 21 with 1410 viewstextbackup

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 13:53 - Mar 21 by ITFC_Forever

I have us down as this…

Blackburn 1
Saints 3
Scum 1
Watford 3
Boro 3
Coventry 3
Hull 0
Huddersfield 3

17 from 24… total 98

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 15:03 - Mar 21 with 1247 viewstonybied

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:26 - Mar 21 by textbackup

I have us down as this…

Blackburn 1
Saints 3
Scum 1
Watford 3
Boro 3
Coventry 3
Hull 0
Huddersfield 3

17 from 24… total 98

It would be gutting to end up 3rd with that total! Surely that would have to be enough?
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 15:17 - Mar 21 with 1178 viewscatch74

They’ll have a big say whether they make it or not, think they’ve got all three top teams to play, plus of course Leeds last day. As others have said disregarded because if they go past us we won’t be top 2.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 15:19 - Mar 21 with 1176 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 14:26 - Mar 21 by textbackup

I have us down as this…

Blackburn 1
Saints 3
Scum 1
Watford 3
Boro 3
Coventry 3
Hull 0
Huddersfield 3

17 from 24… total 98

Blackburn - 3 points
Saints - 1 point
Scum - 1 point
Watford - 3 points
Boro - 3 points
Coventry - 0 points
Hull - 1 point
Huddersfield - 3 points

15 from 24, is what I had us down on the TWTD calculator!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 15:35 - Mar 21 with 1091 viewstextbackup

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 15:03 - Mar 21 by tonybied

It would be gutting to end up 3rd with that total! Surely that would have to be enough?

I think if that’s the case you just have to laugh, smile, and say ‘fck it we’ve done amazing let’s win the playoffs’

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 17:49 - Mar 21 with 847 viewsVegtablue

They remain a massive threat to us, that I do know.

Our statement win so far remains Hull, who were a serious top 6 candidate as far back as early October. Southampton had conceded 9 goals in 2 games prior to our victory at St Mary's; they were on the ropes. Coventry were a bottom-half side, albeit one with growing flickers of life. Preston were still odds on to finish in the bottom half, despite the top 3 billing when we met in October. Our 2nd and 3rd "prestige wins" are Sunderland, a popular pre-season pick and 6th at the time of the home game.

We now have just 8 left, and yet 4 of them would still equal or surpass our biggest scalp of the season. Norwich, Hull and Coventry have proven themselves, to my mind at least, a cut above Preston and below, with all three of those on enemy patch. Southampton, meanwhile, did the double against West Brom and deservedly took down Leeds at home. I don't see them getting top two, leaving their three hardest away matches until the end and behind on points, but I also don't see us as strong favourites to finish above them with our fixture unplayed. Biggest win of the season needed please.
Anyone else think maybe Southampton aren’t out of it yet? on 18:58 - Mar 21 with 727 viewsEuropablue

They're not out of it because they could beat all the top three, but they really have to beat all the top three.
the difference with Southampton is that they need two teams above them to slip up. Leeds, Leicester and us only need one team to slip up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024