Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Davis > Chilwell (n/t) 19:49 - Mar 23 with 2616 viewscatch74

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 19:51 - Mar 23 with 2338 viewsRyorry

Understatement. My touch and control is generally better than Chilwell’s has been tonight!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

He's dreadful isn't he....? on 19:52 - Mar 23 with 2315 viewsBloots

....we desperately need Shaw to be fit for the tournament.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:03 - Mar 23 with 2243 viewsFrimleyBlue

Can't say I've specifically watched Chilwell before. But is he usually this sht and is just another Southgate fav?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:17 - Mar 23 with 2203 viewsTMWWNGAS

Genuine question..

Is Chilwell the best english left back in the prem (i dont watch prem too much)

(Just taking leif out of tge equation by just looking at prem)
Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:20 - Mar 23 with 2191 viewsredrickstuhaart

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:17 - Mar 23 by TMWWNGAS

Genuine question..

Luke Shaw probably is.
And another thing.... on 20:27 - Mar 23 with 2140 viewsBloots

...Conor Gallagher, what's he all about?

I've watched him play loads of times and he never seems to be worth more than a 6 or a 7.

What does he do?

He appears to be an adequate footballer, doesn't do much wrong, but what is it that he does well?

Why is he so highly thought of?

I don't get it.

He's very average.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 23 with 2132 viewsDinnernotTea

Genuine question..

Alfie Doughty of Luton is ahead of Davis right now. God knows how he's not in the squad tonight given no LB options. (Haven't checked if Doughty qualifies for England though!).

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:33 - Mar 23 with 2088 viewsFrimleyBlue

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 23 by DinnernotTea

Alfie Doughty of Luton is ahead of Davis right now. God knows how he's not in the squad tonight given no LB options. (Haven't checked if Doughty qualifies for England though!).

Not a safe move by Southgate to pick a champ player.

Hard to not like Southgate. After all one of the most successful English managers in years without actually winning anything. But. The whole Henderson selections. The previous phillips pickings etc. Just grinds me and if I see Chilwell again grrrrr

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Login to get fewer ads

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 20:42 - Mar 23 with 2058 viewsSimonds92

Genuine question..

He was really good about 3 years ago but he's been constantly getting himself injured since signing for Chelsea. He's been dreadful in the games I've seen him in this season.
And another thing.... on 20:52 - Mar 23 with 1965 viewsbournemouthblue

And another thing.... on 20:27 - Mar 23 by Bloots

I've watched him play loads of times and he never seems to be worth more than a 6 or a 7.

What does he do?

He appears to be an adequate footballer, doesn't do much wrong, but what is it that he does well?

I don't get it.

He's very average.

That's always my impression of him, is he really a better option than a Harvey Elliott for example?

Southgate plays an incredibly dull style of football, this has to be his last tournament for me

He needs to be replaced by a more modern dynamic attacking manager!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

And another thing.... on 21:06 - Mar 23 with 1870 viewsRyorry

And another thing.... on 20:52 - Mar 23 by bournemouthblue

That's always my impression of him, is he really a better option than a Harvey Elliott for example?

Southgate plays an incredibly dull style of football, this has to be his last tournament for me

As a team (again based only on tonight) our first team is streets ahead of that England team, particularly in our crosses & shots on target - can't believe how woeful England were in that dept. tonight - I've seen L2 sides do better.

And although Pickford did well this eve, England's hoof-it-upfield style goalkicks looked very last century. Guess we've been spoiled for the past 2 years!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

And another thing.... on 21:40 - Mar 23 with 1769 viewsbournemouthblue

And another thing.... on 21:06 - Mar 23 by Ryorry

As a team (again based only on tonight) our first team is streets ahead of that England team, particularly in our crosses & shots on target - can't believe how woeful England were in that dept. tonight - I've seen L2 sides do better.

And although Pickford did well this eve, England's hoof-it-upfield style goalkicks looked very last century. Guess we've been spoiled for the past 2 years!

Southgate is a bit of an FA yes man, it's not like he tore it up as a club manager either

Tactically very old fashioned

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

And another thing.... on 21:49 - Mar 23 with 1731 viewsbenrhyddingblue

What does he do?

I don't get it.

He's very average.

You’ve pretty much summed exactly what I was thinking as I watched tonight’s game and it’s not just tonight. As you say just an average player; very ordinary
And another thing.... on 23:16 - Mar 23 with 1534 viewsSimonds92

Well Elliott is a completely different player who plays a different role. He would be vying for the Saka / Foden / Bowen role. Unlikely Southgate would take the risk but I'd be going with Rice Mainoo Bellingham for the midfield 3 for the Euros.
And another thing.... on 07:06 - Mar 24 with 1305 viewsBlueOura

What does he do?

I don't get it.

He's very average.

He is bang average isn't he, little technical ability, just runs around a lot. The fact he started while Cole Palmer sat on the bench tells you all you need to know about Southgate.
Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 07:09 - Mar 24 with 1299 viewsBlueOura

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean Davis has zero chance until he is playing in the prem but he couldn't possibly have done any worse than Chilwell last night, who was absolutely terrible.
Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 07:52 - Mar 24 with 1229 viewsArnieM

I thought Chilwell was pants and Davis I’d by far the better player. But it’s not about that is it. It’s about who you play for and the level your team plays at. A Very Short sighted approach.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:08 - Mar 24 with 1119 viewscatch74

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 07:52 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

I thought Chilwell was pants and Davis I’d by far the better player. But it’s not about that is it. It’s about who you play for and the level your team plays at. A Very Short sighted approach.

Agreed - wonder how many players have played for England whilst in the Championship.

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:09 - Mar 24 with 1115 viewsBlueNomad

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 07:52 - Mar 24 by ArnieM

And that is why the top scoring Englishman in the Prem this season (Solanke) hasn’t had a call up.
And another thing.... on 09:14 - Mar 24 with 1094 viewsGeoffSentence

McKenna?

BCWYWF

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:28 - Mar 24 with 1051 viewscatch74

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:08 - Mar 24 by catch74

Agreed - wonder how many players have played for England whilst in the Championship.

From quick research - since it’s been the Championship, looks like Bothroyd, Nugent, Zaha and Sam Johnstone.
As the old first division - Kevin Phillips, Michael Gray, Stuart Pearce and David James.

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:39 - Mar 24 with 1018 viewsGeoffSentence

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:28 - Mar 24 by catch74

From quick research - since it’s been the Championship, looks like Bothroyd, Nugent, Zaha and Sam Johnstone.
As the old first division - Kevin Phillips, Michael Gray, Stuart Pearce and David James.

Steve Bull? What about Richard Wright and Kieron Dyer - I know they both got picked for an England Squad whilst Town were in the 2nd tier, but not sure of they got on the pitch at that point.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 11:11 - Mar 24 with 909 viewsredrickstuhaart

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:09 - Mar 24 by BlueNomad

And that is why the top scoring Englishman in the Prem this season (Solanke) hasn’t had a call up.

I dont think thats fair at all. Solanke is 26 and this is the first season where he has actually had a good run of goalscoring in the top flight. He is not of the relevant standard.
Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 11:12 - Mar 24 with 907 viewstextbackup

Davis > Chilwell (n/t) on 09:39 - Mar 24 by GeoffSentence

Steve Bull? What about Richard Wright and Kieron Dyer - I know they both got picked for an England Squad whilst Town were in the 2nd tier, but not sure of they got on the pitch at that point.

Wright (I think) made his debut for England about 5/6 days after the playoff final, so technically was a Premiership player.

We had Dyer Johnson Wright and Scowcroft in the England B set up prior to WC 1998 too.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

And another thing.... on 11:22 - Mar 24 with 884 viewsjayessess

And another thing.... on 07:06 - Mar 24 by BlueOura

He is bang average isn't he, little technical ability, just runs around a lot. The fact he started while Cole Palmer sat on the bench tells you all you need to know about Southgate.

Isn't that the issue though? English football churns out dozens of good wide forwards and attacking midfielders - Bellingham, Saka, Foden, Grealish, Maddison would all be a good shout for a place in most international teams. Then you've got up and coming players like Palmer, Eze, Gordon of roughly the same profile, plus Rashford and Sterling as experienced international players in the same position with 37 international goals between the two of them. The U21s are full of this profile of player too (Elliott, McAtee, Madueke, Philogene, could add Hutchinson too).

Cupboard is pretty bare for deeper-lying midfielders. Ideally to compliment Rice you'd want an excellent defensive midfielder who also builds play from deep. That isn't any of the guys mentioned above.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024