Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not at our best, but still really fine margins 14:21 - Apr 6 with 1048 viewsredrickstuhaart

Against an in form side away. Frustrating. But lets not get hyperbolic about it.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 1037 viewsZx1988

Most rational assessment I've seen all day.

Sadly I fear that you'll be a lone voice in the wilderness...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:23 - Apr 6 with 1008 viewsJohn_Warks_Willy

Yep đź‘Ť

Poll: Is Billm….

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 992 viewsredrickstuhaart

And another- should be a foul on Ali edge of the box. Whereas the one they scored from was given. Fine margins.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:25 - Apr 6 with 956 viewsbadadski

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:24 - Apr 6 by redrickstuhaart

And another- should be a foul on Ali edge of the box. Whereas the one they scored from was given. Fine margins.

Yeah -
Everybody felt that this was the jittery one - Al hamadi has looked good though -
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 928 viewsSwansea_Blue

It’s not fine margins in terms of performance. They’ve been well on top individually and as a team. Another Cardiff-level performance on the road from us. There may be twists and turns still, but we won’t go up playing like this.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 919 viewsSarge

Another goalkeeping error.
Another bent ref.
Another crap performance against a poor Norwich side.

Oh well.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 901 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:25 - Apr 6 by badadski

Yeah -
Everybody felt that this was the jittery one - Al hamadi has looked good though -

I fancy us against them if it comes to playoffs. Will need a decent ref though, they were cynically breaking things up from the off and got away with it throughout.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:27 - Apr 6 with 820 viewsSarge

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:26 - Apr 6 by redrickstuhaart

I fancy us against them if it comes to playoffs. Will need a decent ref though, they were cynically breaking things up from the off and got away with it throughout.

Fancy us based on what? We never turn up against Norwich.
Login to get fewer ads

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:28 - Apr 6 with 800 viewsNeedhamChris

We've had a brilliant season, but they were much better than us today. 1-0 is a fine margin scoreline, but wasn't a fine margins game.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:28 - Apr 6 with 769 viewsFrimleyBlue

People will feel emotional after all its a derby game.

I can't say norwich deserved to win but neither did we.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:30 - Apr 6 with 720 viewsReusersTown

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:25 - Apr 6 by badadski

Yeah -

Considering his groin needs surgery he's looked great the last 2.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:32 - Apr 6 with 664 viewsExiled2Surrey

Reason to be cheerful - Morsy didn’t get booked
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:33 - Apr 6 with 658 viewsChrisd

I think it’s fine to be rational, but let’s not pretend we even deserved anything from that game. Just poor from start to finish. Let’s be honest, we’ve not looked that convincing in a lot of away performances recently. We’ve got the win and 3pts and that’s disguised a lot of our flat displays. There’s no hiding from that today, that’s probably the easiest game they have had at Carrot Road this season.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:34 - Apr 6 with 621 viewsKievthegreat

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:28 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Nothing much in it. They had one good spell of pressure first half resulting in a goal. Maybe they could have done better with their balls over the top to Sargent, but wouldn't say they had loads of scoring chances.

Meanwhile we were able to build up and got some decent balls to the danger areas 2nd half, but by that point they were dropping 10 bodies into the box and we couldn't get the contact.

What pissed me off most was their spell of pressure came from the ridiculous free kick against Tuanzebe. Changed the momentum of that first half.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 592 viewsDavoIPB

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:28 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

Based on what, the fact they totally outplayed and outthought us. Were better tactically and basically had better players.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:38 - Apr 6 with 525 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:34 - Apr 6 by Kievthegreat

Nothing much in it. They had one good spell of pressure first half resulting in a goal. Maybe they could have done better with their balls over the top to Sargent, but wouldn't say they had loads of scoring chances.

Meanwhile we were able to build up and got some decent balls to the danger areas 2nd half, but by that point they were dropping 10 bodies into the box and we couldn't get the contact.

What pissed me off most was their spell of pressure came from the ridiculous free kick against Tuanzebe. Changed the momentum of that first half.

Exactly. Their only real spell of control was built on an appalling decision and a string of incredibly soft decisions.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:38 - Apr 6 with 512 viewsFrimleyBlue

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:35 - Apr 6 by DavoIPB

Based on what, the fact they totally outplayed and outthought us. Were better tactically and basically had better players.

It was just a scrappy game.

Their half chances came from our mistakes.
Their goal was from a freekick.
Hladky didn't have 1 shot to save. And whilst our shots were tame at least their keeper had to save them.

It wasn't great. From either side.
We didn't get at their weak points. Had we. We may have done better ourselves.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:39 - Apr 6 with 488 viewsmarvellous

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:33 - Apr 6 by Chrisd

I think it’s fine to be rational, but let’s not pretend we even deserved anything from that game. Just poor from start to finish. Let’s be honest, we’ve not looked that convincing in a lot of away performances recently. We’ve got the win and 3pts and that’s disguised a lot of our flat displays. There’s no hiding from that today, that’s probably the easiest game they have had at Carrot Road this season.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that we deserved something from that. It was a game where we pretty much cancelled eachother out. Both teams had spells of pressure, both teams had spells with the ball, neither team created anything clear-cut. We lost to a very good free kick.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:40 - Apr 6 with 479 viewsNeedhamChris

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:38 - Apr 6 by FrimleyBlue

It was just a scrappy game.

Their half chances came from our mistakes.
Their goal was from a freekick.
Hladky didn't have 1 shot to save. And whilst our shots were tame at least their keeper had to save them.

It wasn't great. From either side.
We didn't get at their weak points. Had we. We may have done better ourselves.

Well he had one to save, unfortunately he made a mess of it.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:40 - Apr 6 with 468 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:39 - Apr 6 by marvellous

I don't think anyone was suggesting that we deserved something from that. It was a game where we pretty much cancelled eachother out. Both teams had spells of pressure, both teams had spells with the ball, neither team created anything clear-cut. We lost to a very good free kick.

And a denied clear pen, for what its worth. Fine margins in a tight game.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:41 - Apr 6 with 445 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:34 - Apr 6 by Kievthegreat

Nothing match in it in terms of score line and session spells, but they dominated us. Stronger, faster, more willing, won the battles, didn’t let us create a single good chance.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:42 - Apr 6 with 426 viewsredrickstuhaart

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:41 - Apr 6 by Swansea_Blue

Nothing match in it in terms of score line and session spells, but they dominated us. Stronger, faster, more willing, won the battles, didn’t let us create a single good chance.

Chappers ought to have scored. And usually would have done.
Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 405 viewsHerbivore

Not at our best, but still really fine margins on 14:27 - Apr 6 by Sarge

Fancy us based on what? We never turn up against Norwich.

We battered them at PR but missed countless chances and they scored two offside goals. Hardly a case of us not turning up. Today was poor but we were controlling the first half comfortably until the ref decided he wanted to make a game of it and Vas then had a howler. After that we were poor but if Chaplin doesn't fluff his lines twice we end up with at least a point. That Norwich really aren't very good is as big a takeaway from today as anything. Over two legs I'd fancy us to beat them in the play offs if it came down to it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024